CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leopold and Lobe, who topped the list, were the inspiration for Alfred Hitchcoks's Rope. They believed themselves to be so clever that they could get away with murder, but they they arrested and convicted, so perhaps they overestimated their intelligence.
SBM Incidentally, those two are another very good example of a killing duo, though they ended up only having the one victim before being caught.

There is a small separate thread for this 84 yo woman who have been missing since Wednesday in Southern Manitoba (Menisino, about 125 kilometres southeast of Winnipeg) but so far as I can see there is no update from LE.

Quote from article:
"Around 100 volunteers, many of them trained in search and rescue, descended on the Spur Woods area, south of Provincial Road 201 and between the communities of Menisino and Piney, on Thursday".

"After searching for hours on Thursday, more than 80 people resumed the search Friday just before 8 a.m."

"Over 60 square kilometres have been scouted by plane or on foot. Search dogs have been in the area and a drone was used Thursday, but nothing has yielded any trace of the missing grandmother".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/search-continues-missing-woman-menisino-1.5227403

It didn't take 4 days to report.

RCMP confirmed at Wed/Thurs presser that there were 2 credible, corroborated, and/or confirmed sightings of the teens prior to locating the burning Rav4.

I don't remember exactly which date but I posted RCMP's tweet.

ETA: add tweet

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
We can now confirm that there have been 2 established & corroborated sightings of Kam McLeod & Bryer Schmegelsky in the Gillam area, prior to the discovery of the burnt out vehicle. #rcmpmb

1:02 PM - 25 Jul 2019

I mapped it, and unless I got the wrong Cold Lake, it's a long way from Gillam

RCMP confirmed at Wed/Thurs presser that there were 2 credible, corroborated, and/or confirmed sightings of the teens prior to locating the burning Rav4.

Those 2 sightings were in Gillam, though, on Monday

RCMP confirm two corroborated sightings of suspects in Gillam, Man
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/news/rcmp-confirm-two-corroborated-sightings-of-suspects-in-gillam-man/

It makes sense that they were in Alberta the day before (Sunday). The person in Cold Lake would have to contact RCMP and RCMP would have to vet the information before they released it. It's not big deal that it came public later, really. It's where they were, not where they are now.

I think the fact that there have been no sightings recently points to the fact that they are hiding in the bush. They can't hide in a city or on the roads (where they would have to stop for gas). There has been too much media exposure.

Sure but... geez

Yeah, well in respect to the Sydney Morning Herald, it's was part of the alternative, but it's been slipping for years. Do more with less. Ongoing layoffs, click chasing. Parent company was sold off recently to one of the main TV networks which has long had a tabloid bent. Write first, check later.

If I'm not mistaken, that video is from Monday, so it was while they were still listed as missing but the day before they were officially declared suspects. I do suspect, though, that they had to know before long the puzzle pieces were going to fit together, and they would be identified, if only because they were listed as missing but were obviously not coming forward.
Would anyone know who murdered 3 people had they not lit their own trailer on fire!? That detail still doesn't have a logical explanation unless they wanted the hunt and chase. Even if they murdered Dyck inside, burning it on sight put them there.

Good article about how the international media is handling the case.

(As a total aside, the company I work for recently refused to transfer a female employee to a northern BC town called Chetwynd simply because she's female. HR told her that they wouldn't feel right about sending her to a small, remote town with many transient workers.)

Here’s what some international media have wrong about northern B.C. double murder

So we have another point on the timeline: Sunday July 21 9:30AM Cold Lake, AB.

I had suggested Cold Lake route to Meadow Lake, avoiding bigger towns. This short statement implies they used the RAV4 on a "trail" behind the home, north of the town.

If they did manage to go back from Gillam to Thompson, they would probably take the gravel road to Flin Flon and then northern Saskatchewan.
Yes you did :)

Well, criminology studies abound with data suggesting that violent criminals tend to have lower-than-average intelligence. For the most part, the research you reference doesn't contest that point, though it does put forward some exceptions to the rule, namely in the form of notorious serial killers who had high IQs. Leopold and Lobe, who topped the list, were the inspiration for Alfred Hitchcoks's Rope. They believed themselves to be so clever that they could get away with murder, but they were arrested and convicted, so perhaps they overestimated their intelligence.
Andrew Cunnan comes to mind.

The police know if one of them has a gun license and purchased ammunition legally. The police also probably know if Mr. Dyck or Mr. Fowler had a gun and probably what they would have as ammunition. As an Australian, it is extremely unlikely that Mr. Fowler had a gun of his own, but it is possible that he borrowed one from the ranch that he was working at.

The RCMP are saying nothing publicly about guns and probably won’t.

I don't understand about ammo. how would anyone know about ammo? I understand there is record of type and how much bought. how could it be known how much was on hand? surely it isn't kept track of how much has been used?

I know the post I quoted was about firearms, just seemed like ammo might fit in with that.

Would anyone know who murdered 3 people had they not lit their own trailer on fire!? That detail still doesn't have a logical explanation unless they wanted the hunt and chase. Even if they murdered Dyck inside, burning it on sight put them there.
I've wondered that, too. If they'd just driven both burned vehicles off the road and left them abandoned, those vehicles might not have been spotted for a long time.

Was it to look for Stephane Roy and his 14 year old son? He wanted my company to connect all his tomato farms.
Yes that was the one.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a crashed helicopter right now, let alone 2 killers wearing cadpat. I heard they did find it after we were called back though.

ETA: add tweet

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
We can now confirm that there have been 2 established & corroborated sightings of Kam McLeod & Bryer Schmegelsky in the Gillam area, prior to the discovery of the burnt out vehicle. #rcmpmb

1:02 PM - 25 Jul 2019
Lol Seattle...Missy was referring to a sighting in NE Alberta. Things get mixed because of the posts going by so fast.

And for the level of risk, it must have been something terrifically significant.

At this point, they know this may be their very last excursion into a store in the western world. They know they are hunted and wanted, they know they are murderers and murderers of a police man's son, always a very silly mistake, murderers of a woman, and everyone knows and the RCMP is on their case with all it's tech and personnel and equipment.

So they stroll in, and stroll around , and steal a very , very small thing. And slowly stroll out.

It's not ammo, it's not food, it's not pharmaceutical, it's not a mechanical part.... what would you steal on your last foray into a store in the middle of nowhere ?
A knife

to the people before wondering if KM came from money

"In Port Alberni, ... McLeod’s large waterfront family home."

https://rdnewsnow.com/2019/07/26/fa...-expects-son-will-go-out-in-blaze-of-glory-2/

Yeah, the more I learn the more I have to admit my initial assessment was probably wrong. It's looking more and more like Kam is the leader. My guess at this point is that Kam is even worse than Bryer is, it's just that he's smart enough not to say things that will alarm people. At this point I have to agree that they are absolutely not going to split up.

Interesting that the info about the Rav4 being stuck and them being helped, the video of them at the shop being released now. Suggests to me that the search is not coming up with much as in discarded items or tracks etc. Seems like they are widening the search again to the whole nation.... I think people further out from that area, indeed perhaps much further out, need to remain vigilant and cautious. Of course it's just my own observations and assumptions from the other side of the globe, I might be way off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member