CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak Bay Police

@OakBayPolice

·
Jul 26

Replying to
@JohnFurrToronto
Why don't you head up there? Seems you've got it all worked out from your vast experience...watching Manhunt on TV.

We, on the other hand, are so grateful to our sisters & brothers who are risking their lives to try to capture these dangerous criminals.

#CanadaManHunt

Thanks, I hope the girl is found safe and sound. The only thing is that Grande Prairie is in Alberta.
The suspects passed through AB that day, and may have gone through Grand Prairie. We would need more detail on times to know if they could have been involved with this missing person or not. I suspect not, but don’t believe we have enough information to rule it out at this time.

Just a thought on the apparently still unknown male seen talking to Lucas and Chynna around 11:30 in a potentially confrontational manner..... What are the chances that some other unrelated person would have gotten into a confrontation or hostile interaction with those two, left, and then some other real killer(s) showed up later and murdered them. What a nightmare either way for Lucas and Chynna, if they had been harassed once before by someone else before being murdered by another or not... but I think it's unlikely that there was some "other" person seen being unfriendly or confrontational instead of just one of the suspects.

The recent Labrador plane crash site would be similar to Gillam in remoteness.
I never get called up to do east coast stuff, only once in NB 5 years ago or so, and it was dense and the bugs were *advertiser censored* and it rained the whole time.

Gillam would likely be even worse than that this year, its mostly a flood plain / swamps, barely above water level most years, this year, with the late thaw and big storms, its likely just one massive swamp

Oak Bay Police

@OakBayPolice

·
Jul 26

Replying to
@JohnFurrToronto
Why don't you head up there? Seems you've got it all worked out from your vast experience...watching Manhunt on TV.

We, on the other hand, are so grateful to our sisters & brothers who are risking their lives to try to capture these dangerous criminals.

#CanadaManHunt

Wow, even Twitter wars over this.

As an aside, Mantracker (which is the show that was being referred to) was a pretty good show about tracking techniques, and I've wondered if our perps watched it to help cover their trails a bit. I assume they didn't show all their tricks in the show since the original host also worked with police at times.

But are they just reporting this now?

RCMP just released the video of teens shopping at Meadow Lake after presser, and also announced others may unwittingly have helped, and please come forward.

I'm sure they were corroborating this report as they made announcement, and it follows they would release Cold Lake sighting and Meadow Lake video today as it's less than 2 hours drive from Cold Lake to the Co-op.

MOO

The suspects passed through AB that day, and may have gone through Grand Prairie. We would need more detail on times to know if they could have been involved with this missing person or not. I suspect not, but don’t believe we have enough information to rule it out at this time.

If they were spotted at 9:30am in Cold Lake, she would have had to have gone missing in the early morning hours. I don't think it's connected, but anything is possible.

Wow, even Twitter wars over this.

As an aside, Mantracker (which is the show that was being referred to) was a pretty good show about tracking techniques, and I've wondered if our perps watched it to help cover their trails a bit. I assume they didn't show all their tricks in the show since the original host also worked with police at times.
Yes, tempers must be flaring as its not the typical polite Canadian response IMO!

Good question. Grand Prairie isn’t an unlikely stop on their route if they took the northern route back to AB after burning their truck south of Dease Lake, BC. The blue highlighted route goes through Grand Prairie near BC/AB border in this Google Maps screen clipping:
View attachment 195206

Their red truck was burnt and the RAV4 was taken from Prof. Dyck near Stikine River, 50km south of Dease. So they probably took the southern route to Fort St. John and then into Alberta.

I grew up in Port Alberni. To be "waterfront" the house has to be on sproat lake. Those houses are more often than not the priciest real estate in the city. My parents used to own a simple individual campsite on that lake I just looked up a listing a lot for sale like what had and it's currently listed for $160,000

Finally, sorry it took me so long. In my searching, pretty sure I know the address. Maybe in bad taste for me to share, so I'll just say def looks like money

and yeah you were right, sproat

"The blue sky and lush greenery surrounding the chalet-style home across the street from beautiful Sproat Lake....

It’s the home of 19-year-old Kam McLeod, who with his friend, 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky, is the subject of a manhunt that has now moved to remote northeastern Manitoba, almost 3,000 kilometres from where the bodies of two tourists were found on July 15 that sparked a Canada-wide search.

Set in an idyllic, rural and recreational setting, Sproat Lake is a 20-minute drive from central Port Alberni."

Port Alberni rocked by national manhunt for local teens after first believing the pair was lost in the bush

Attachments

• png0724-manhunt-03.jpg
    png0724-manhunt-03.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 66
The fishing sounds awesome. Infuriating that people might not be out fishing, etc. out of fear of these two perps on the loose. They have to be found or people will not rest easy.

jmo
do we know if the suspects know anything about fishing? if they really do not have a vehicle, it is possible that their amount of supplies, ammo, etc., is limited to what they can carry, so not much. as to hiding, remember the Boston bombers were in a stored boat. seems that there could be a lot of spots- trailers, tarp-covered boxes, garages, where they could stay for at least awhile. IMO

I hesitate to post this article because I'm not sure it's the current information even though it says posted only 2 hrs. ago.

Canadian authorities will begin door-to-door canvassing in search for murder suspects

"The Royal Canadian Mounted Police will begin knocking on every door in a small town in rural northern Manitoba in hopes of generating tips in the search for two teens wanted in the killings of a road-tripping couple and university teacher."

"Police will canvass in Gillam and Fox Lake Cree Nation over the next 72 hours, Cpl. Julie Courchaine, the RCMP Manitoba spokeswoman, said Friday at a press conference."

As a local I would say not due to the time frames. It would be the very long way around but they seem clueless so yeah who knows . I better not say with confidence.

Last edited:
Finally, sorry it took me so long. In my searching, pretty sure I know the address. Maybe in bad taste for me to share, so I'll just say def looks like money

and yeah you were right, sproat

"The blue sky and lush greenery surrounding the chalet-style home across the street from beautiful Sproat Lake....

It’s the home of 19-year-old Kam McLeod, who with his friend, 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky, is the subject of a manhunt that has now moved to remote northeastern Manitoba, almost 3,000 kilometres from where the bodies of two tourists were found on July 15 that sparked a Canada-wide search.

Set in an idyllic, rural and recreational setting, Sproat Lake is a 20-minute drive from central Port Alberni."

Port Alberni rocked by national manhunt for local teens after first believing the pair was lost in the bush
DBM

I hesitate to post this article because I'm not sure it's the current information even though it says posted only 2 hrs. ago.

Canadian authorities will begin door-to-door canvassing in search for murder suspects

"The Royal Canadian Mounted Police will begin knocking on every door in a small town in rural northern Manitoba in hopes of generating tips in the search for two teens wanted in the killings of a road-tripping couple and university teacher."

"Police will canvass in Gillam and Fox Lake Cree Nation over the next 72 hours, Cpl. Julie Courchaine, the RCMP Manitoba spokeswoman, said Friday at a press conference."

Correct, the RCMP announced the canvassing during their 4pm (Eastern time) press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD