CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wreath placed where Prof Dyck was found, a beautiful spot overlooking Stikine forest.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...vancouver-death-wreath-quietly-laid-1.5226788

Since the body was left in such a prominent spot, visible from hwy 37, I am now almost certain they wanted him to be found quickly, just like Lucas/Chynna on Alaska Highway.

But they thought that they had removed ALL identifiable information from these victims.

They thought LE would take many days to know their names, and would have to show sketches to the public.
Wow, that article (and the pictures) really touched my heart.

Wreath placed where Prof Dyck was found, a beautiful spot overlooking Stikine forest.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...vancouver-death-wreath-quietly-laid-1.5226788

Since the body was left in such a prominent spot, visible from hwy 37, I am now almost certain they wanted him to be found quickly, just like Lucas/Chynna on Alaska Highway.

But they thought that they had removed ALL identifiable information from these victims.

They thought LE would take many days to know their names, and would have to show sketches to the public.
Beautiful wreath and I as I stated previously I love the eagle feather. It is so important imo to remember these victims not just the suspects.

You give a lot more credence to Fox than I do :)

Since you don't watch, and since I am just one province over from Manitoba, in Saskatchewan, I can tell you that I have heard more updates on Fox this past week than any other news. Those updates have included RCMP officers being interviewed.

I said this morning that I feel the reports have slowed here and where I am, I don't have a local paper, I don't have local news stations, and even FB stories have slowed down with people sharing the stories. Of course I follow all the major news stations, so I see those, but that's it. I'm concerned that the general public isn't going to be watching for them outside of Gillam when it's quite possible that they are no longer there JMO

This photo of the current search in Gillam seems ideal for these guys to hideout in. The aerial looks like a video game layout to me. I hope officers keep safe.

RCMP Manitoba on Twitter
Not only are our officers combing through kilometers of dense northern forest, they’re also challenged with searching & clearing large abandoned buildings like this one (with approx. 600 rooms) at the Keewatinohk Converter Station Camp, near Gillam. #rcmpmb @manitobahydro

This photo of the current search in Gillam seems ideal for these guys to hideout in. The aerial looks like a video game layout to me. I hope officers keep safe.

RCMP Manitoba on Twitter
Not only are our officers combing through kilometers of dense northern forest, they’re also challenged with searching & clearing large abandoned buildings like this one (with approx. 600 rooms) at the Keewatinohk Converter Station Camp, near Gillam. #rcmpmb @manitobahydro
That seems like an insurmountable task...:(

The military plane flown in is a C130-H Hercules.

Here’s an AOPA* article about it: Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules: Getting the job done

My guess is that it will be used for aerial photography/mapping of the area and that the photos will then be studied for signs of McLeod and Schmelgelsky, alive or dead.

The Gimli runway is gravel, but at 5,000’ plenty long.

FlightRadar 24 has no record of the arrival, just Calm Air commercial flights.

ForeFlight (as a pilot, I subscribe) is showing towering cumulus clouds for the area, with rain forecast leading to marginal conditions for visual flight without instruments. In other words, somewhat deteriorating conditions.

If someone wants and knows how to read them, I could post the METAR and/or TAF. Those reports should also be available on a few public sites. I wouldn’t bother trying to read a METAR or TAF if you don’t already know how. They are cryptic/condensed.

* Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (US)

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Edit: Big thanks to mods for removing that!

Hey so is "later this afternoon" the best we have for time of this big news does anyone know?
Also what does "afternoon" mean in canada? some parts of can getting to what id call evening. And also what time zone is that going off of I wonder?

Last edited:
Just was thinking ... do these two kids only have one handgun? If they had more firepower I could potentially see a scenario where they have hunkered down in the bush waiting for LE in order to enact some sort of ambush on LE.

I think it’s entirely possible that they only have one weapon.

Regardless of what they do have, I don’t see them being equipped for an ambush.

Atleast not one that has much chance of succeeding.

Bear Clan Patrol to act as 'ambassadors' as Mounties hunt fugitives near Gillam, Man.

Favel said his group was responding to a request issued Friday by Sheldon Kent, acting grand chief of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs
"The [acting] grand chief called yesterday to ask if we could send some teams to provide security for some of the First Nations that don't have RCMP service," Favel said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...loyed-gillam-manitoba-first-nations-1.5227719

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
Military support has moved in to Gillam to help search for Kam Mcleod and Bryer Schmegelsky. Hercules aircraft has camera technology to help search thick forest from above.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EAggd12W4AEIuHx.jpg

EAggd2TXoAA4hoM.jpg

EAggd1eXUAIH_OS.jpg

1:13 PM - 27 Jul 2019 pst

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb

EAgeipYWsAIVbC3.jpg

1:03 PM - 27 Jul 2019 pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members