CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the correct word to use? i think we still use that word here in Australia to describe our native people.. not sure whats right or wrong, is it first nations?

In Canada, aboriginal, native Canadian, First Nations, Indian (as distinct from Inuit and Métis) are all OK. Indigenous in Canada is more of an anthropological/group term.

This community is probably Cree, which is also OK.

In Canada, aboriginal, native Canadian, First Nations, Indian (as distinct from Inuit and Métis) are all OK. Indigenous in Canada is more of an anthropological/group term.

This community is probably Cree, which is also OK.
More distinction...First Nations are full treaty only. I am a full treaty Indian...hence First Nations. Please don’t bunch like that. I find it offensive.

Last edited:
UNCONFIRMED —a local tweeted there are 62 kms of track between the two locations. (The old track, maybe?) Any locals here that can confirm this?

Google map of the driving route of 202 kms.

View attachment 195493
Maybe they walked west along Nelson River? I can’t map it on my phone, but if it’s possible to walk it and part of the way has tracks it would greatly cut down the travelling distance.

I think they walked along the river. Clean drinking water available.

· 1m
Locals on the ground in York Landing say 2 men thought to be the fugitive teenagers spotted by Bear Clan members. They men ran into the bush, pursued by armed locals. York Landing resident heard 3 shots fired. Others now say the 2 suspects have been caught. #manitobamanhunt

thank you that is the rumor i couldn't post before because no one had picked it up as a journalist

B
James Favel, executive director of Bear Clan patrol group, said two of his members spotted two men who looked like the fugitives at York Landing near the garbage dump around 4:15 p.m. today. #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

RCMP Inspector Kevin Lewis said they are aware of the reported sighting from Bear Clan and said police are on the ground in York Landing and more are on their way. Whether the two men are the fugitives is still unknown. #Canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

garbage dump... looking for food? Great sighting by Bear Clan; hoping it’s them, and they’ll be captured alive.

Bears like garbage, too.

[
I suppose it's possible they could have hiked there, too, given the timeline of the last confirmed sighting in Gillam. It's a long way to walk, but it's possible.
It is about 100 km if you walk along the tracks (I think) so if you walk 5 km/hr that is about 20 hrs of walking. If it is hard difficult terrain, hiking it could take them up to 30-40 hrs. They are young and should be able to do it. I used to do a lot of hiking and scrambling and we could cover quite of ground in a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member