Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things: 1. Do they or do they not have a gun. 2. If so, do they still have it? 3. If they never had a gun, were the victims murdered by gunshot? 4. How did the back window of the adventurers van get blown out? Are any of the following possible answers to those questions? 1. Yes, they had that pellet gun gift from Dad, suitable for playing games in the woods, not suitable for a carrying out a murder spree. 2. If they still had any gun, why wouldn't the constabulary find some evidence in the bush - animal or bird carcass, shell casings, something and, assuming the Winnipeg Wolf Clan sighting at the dump really was the fugitives would they run away or stand their ground for more murdering. They would be in desperate need of transportation and the Clan scouts had a truck. 3. Police reports say the adventurers died by "gun violence". I don't know exactly what that means. I suppose there are several possible interpretations, including accidental firearm discharge. But whose gun or guns were involved? How about that guy who seemed to be arguing with the couple? I haven't read that he has been discounted as a suspect. Could it have been his gun? How about the couple themselves. According to the early report at Woman saw man in heated exchange with slain tourist couple Fowler had been in Canada for several months. This would have been ample time for him to acquire a properly registered rifle in Canada for adventure travel into the northlands and possible confrontation with bears, etc. and finally 4. The window in the van was reportedly blown out from within, and that is baffling but very interesting. Night. Pitch black. Couple sleeping in their van. Racket outside awakens them. Something trying to haul open the van doors! Bear! Lucas grabs his rifle and shoots blindly through the window! But it's not a bear. It's ????? someone as yet unidentified. So many questions. So many possibilities. I hope they are finally answered correctly and the families of those poor victims of such senseless violence can find peace. All my opinion, of course.

Police have not confirmed, nor have they denied, that Bryer and Kam have a gun. They did say armed and dangerous but that could be referring to a knife.

His dad said he gave him an airsoft, which is a BB gun. The BBs are little plastic balls that might feel like someone flicked you at best.

The deaths of Fowler and Deese were a result of gun violence, and reading everything again it’s a good bet it was not a BB gun, pellet rifle, or even a 22. There’s merit to the earlier posts about the amount of damage Deese had.

Leonard Dyck and the cause of his death has not been officially released by police. It’s been stated by others it was not due to being shot, which makes sense partly because of the second degree charge.

There’s been nothing official said about Fowler or Deese having a gun or even license to have one in BC, but it’s not an impossibility.

I don’t believe Bryer or Kam had legal methods to obtain a gun. I don’t believe that the games they played would have enabled them to create one either. That being said it’s possible to create a shotgun from 2” pipes of you wanted to. The cops would know if they had interest in that by searching their online history etc.

I think there’s something solid that is linking these two to that particular crime.

We don’t know what that is obviously, but a pivot from two potential victims to two suspects, is not something that would be taken lightly.

When a car breaks down on the side of a road for a length of time, I think it’s probable that quite a few people would stop to render assistance.

I think that bearded man was probably a well meaning passerby.

I think there’s something solid that is linking these two to that particular crime.

We don’t know what that is obviously, but a pivot from two potential victims to two suspects, is not something that would be taken lightly.

When a car breaks down on the side of a road for a length of time, I think it’s probable that quite a few people would stop to render assistance.

I think that bearded man was probably a well meaning passerby.

I do agree there has to be a major link for them to come to that conclusion. I wish we knew what it was.

@otto, I've been watching the wind reports and wondered if it might be too windy to put up the drones? Does anyone know for these commercial style drones what the weather conditions need to be in order to safely fly?

@otto is your sense that the 2 suspects are off the peninsula and heading south by now? The accounts of the limping of one along with the weaving walking mentioned yesterday have me wondering if physically the 2 are simply spent and cannot carry on much longer?

I'm wondering if they were ever there. I understand that the community was worried and that they did not have any RCMP in their area. The Bear Clan was sent to York Landing to help them feel more secure, and within no time the Bear Clan saw the suspects and notified RCMP. Within 20 minutes, RCMP started swarming the area. The community now feels very safe.

Regarding the suspects, it seems odd that they would navigate to a peninsula where it is very easy to be cornered. It also seems odd that they and the bears are grazing at the same garbage dump. Surely the bears would find them more tasty than the garbage, especially if they were stealing bear food.

Given that the vehicle was burned NE of Gillam, what do we know about them that helps us figure out where they went? Would they go farther NE, or would they head in the opposite direction?

I don't believe a member of the Bear Clan would give false info to the RCMP. The men seen had to have been those two as the last confirmed sighting was near Gillam and there is a rail line/path that directly links York Landing and Gillam. I believe that were able to evade capture because they had some type of hiding spot planned in advance and had enough time to get to it before RCMP got to the location.
I do wonder if the camping gear and maps were LD's or if they brought their own and have routes planned out. Burning of RAV 4 may not have been their plan at that specific time it was. They were stopped by someone who could identify them and the vehicle so it had to go.

Last edited:
Nice find! It does look like the same vehicle, including the mud flaps.

View attachment 195679

View attachment 195680

Same area of missing paint or whatever. Grey horizontal line just below the rear right doors lock. Same on both pics. Same mud flaps. Same tires.

And look at that -- seems the Chev went to Auction with Alberta tags -- probably because the seller never removed them, and not that Alberta tags were ever issued to auction broker.

Probably under another exemption of Motor Vehicle Act of BC (as with LF).

MOO

There is no way some unknown guys were not them, which to me means someone lied to RCMP.
It may not be lying as the Clan are not from that reserve...it may have been fair skinned guys from the reserve. I look Caucasian but I am not. Why they ran I don’t know..maybe intimated...who knows.

That's not Fowler buying it. If you look up the buyer, Gaucho123, there's other vehicles this person has purchased as well as farm equipment and a lawn tractor. So the Alberta plates are still a mystery.

IIRC, it was determined early on that the company that Lucas worked for had purchased the van when their business was located in Alberta before it moved to BC.

Someone else will correct me if my recollection is wrong.

'Twas a time, not long ago, when mounties in ceremonial dress were unarmed, especially at funerals and when ceremoniously guarding places like the National War Monument.

The DM writer might be envisioning the RCPM working in their red serges.
Well, yes, I did realize that, but when trying to 'get their man' it's a different story :)

That's what I thought. An RCMP officer would not give an interview like this in the middle of this unfolding event. The Daily Mail article specifically states that he is "an RCMP Constable," many times. Do you have a source that he isn't? He isn't shown in uniform, either.

Cool. That tells us a lot. It *did* come with Alberta plates and thus was probably registered in Alberta. (Do the plates match?)

Also, sold June 20, so quite recently.

It was sold June 2018.

In Canada, licence plates are not included in the sale of a vehicle. Vehicles are sold without licence plates. The licence plate belongs to the registered owner, not the vehicle.

I had no idea that vehicles came with licence plates in the USA - learn something new every day!

The van was purchased by Lucas at the ranch where he lived and worked since Feb 2019.

IIRC, it was determined early on that the company that Lucas worked for had purchased the van when their business was located in Alberta before it moved to BC.

Someone else will correct me if my recollection is wrong.
that is what someone said. I don’t recall a link.

The one random thought coming way out of left field here is the sketch of the bearded man who was seen in a heated debate with Fowler/Deese looked, to me, similar to the escaped criminal Whisenand who is in BC from Texas.

Could he be responsible for these murders and the two boys saw that they have been blamed for second degree murder and are now hiding because of that? Thinking along the lines of the movie “Paradise Lost” with the West Memphis boys that totally fit the image being portrayed.

There’s more possibilities than just that guy. For example: https://ckpgtoday.ca/community-crime-stoppers-community-alert/

I have maintained all along that the suspects are long gone from that area if they were in fact in that area, or they are dead. IMO

That's what I thought. An RCMP officer would not give an interview like this in the middle of this unfolding event. The Daily Mail article specifically states that he is "an RCMP Constable," many times. Do you have a source that he isn't? He isn't shown in uniform, either.

<snipped for reply> .

The DM reporter probably wrote his misunderstood story based on the Globe’s earlier article. A band constable is a common term only if one is familiar with terminology associated with First Nation reserves. Because reserves are considered private land, check stops are not unusual.

“They were in a gray Toyota SUV and drove past the check stop on the gravel road leading to the small community. The community is dry and stops all vehicles, looking out for alcohol or drugs.

When the Toyota didn’t stop, two band constables followed the pair and pulled them over, Ms. Saunders said. The constables searched the vehicle.

"They told the constables that they needed to gas up," she said.

It was around 2 or 3 pm. At that point, they weren't yet named by police as suspects in the killings of three people...”
RCMP broaden search for suspects wanted in B.C. killings to York Landing, Man.

It was sold June 2018.

In Canada, licence plates are not included in the sale of a vehicle. Vehicles are sold without licence plates. The licence plate belongs to the registered owner, not the vehicle.

I had no idea that vehicles came with licence plates in the USA - learn something new every day!

The van was purchased by Lucas at the ranch where he lived and worked since Feb 2019.
same here in the USA plates belong to registered owner not the car, tags can be transferred. really it is state by state and not usa though.

I’m very disappointed.

I feel for all the relatives and friends of the deceased, for the RCMP, for the Bear Paw Patrol, and all the local people. I was really hoping this would put a stop to this stupid game.

I’ve been so transfixed I’ve lost something like 24 hours of productivity, including staying up late to wait on news.

I just really hope this diversion did not further an escape from the area by the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam