Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the sighting was genuine. I think they just lucked out to have a 20-minute head start on the cops.
but, the dogs did not pick up
How did the dogs get their scents in the first place?
most likely the family would have provided le with clothing and perhaps from items in the truck they burned

Why hasn't a reward been posted for these guys?
Also, this may take a while if it is anything like the prison escape by david sweat and matt biggs- they lived in the woods for 3 weeks till caught
in Canada it is my belief that they don’t like to post rewards right away because of the number of sightings increase drastically and all kinds of people start putting in faux tips.

in Canada it is my belief that they don’t like to post rewards right away because of the number of sightings increase drastically and all kinds of people start putting in faux tips.

Ahh. Makes sense.

OK. I’m confused. Admittedly I've been in and out today, checking sporadically. Did I miss somebody announcing that the sighting at the landfill last night was false? Or is all that talk just us all here on WS thinking that it must have been false since they haven't caught them yet.

RCMP statement that they could not substantiate the sighting

How did the dogs get their scents in the first place?
Exactly, did they get 3 week old t-shirts from their dirty laundy in Port Alberni? I don't think dogs are infallible, plus they may have been confused or spooked by bears.

No one can say for sure what's going on. The good news is, we know the suspects had encounters with people after the 19th, and appear not to have killed anyone.

I believe the sighting was genuine. I think they just lucked out to have a 20-minute head start on the cops.

I was wondering if the odors around the dump may have had enough impact to not allow dogs to pickup their scent from there. Not sure how strong the odors would be or whether it would have had enough of an impact to prevent dogs from finding where they were last seen.

You'd think twenty minutes wouldn't get them too far in that terrain though, and wouldn't get them out of areas of helicopter view

true
the longer this goes, the harder it is on the locals (& the police)
I don't imagine anyone is sleeping much and they have to stay holed up in their houses
I just want it to end

Yes but I don’t think there was an RCMP station at Split Lake. And it would’ve been the band’s policy that the community was dry and why their own constables would be on the lookout for vehicles not stopping at the checkpoint, bringing in alcohol.
I’m super behind on this case like a day and a half . Been trying to catch up but there is no way I can read thru 3 and half threads ... my family would disown me ... lol .. Am I understanding this clearly ? The pair were stopped by some kind of LE in Split Lake and their vehicle was searched . Would LE question a rifle if they found one ? Has that even been mentioned ? Do they ask for registration upon the traffic stop ? J

I don't believe a member of the Bear Clan would give false info to the RCMP. The men seen had to have been those two as the last confirmed sighting was near Gillam and there is a rail line/path that directly links York Landing and Gillam. I believe that were able to evade capture because they had some type of hiding spot planned in advance and had enough time to get to it before RCMP got to the location.
I do wonder if the camping gear and maps were LD's or if they brought their own and have routes planned out. Burning of RAV 4 may not have been their plan at that specific time it was. They were stopped by someone who could identify them and the vehicle so it had to go.
It is amazing how an 18 and 19 year old are able to evade the RCMP, Cdn Military as well as other authorities all this time. Its just mind boggling. Either they are still there and alive, still there and dead or worse, out of the area and on the move. The later is frightening.

for those interested in wind conditions in the area, this is a good visual reference
2ivivzd.jpg

It is amazing how an 18 and 19 year old are able to evade the RCMP, Cdn Military as well as other authorities all this time. Its just mind boggling. Either they are still there and alive, still there and dead or worse, out of the area and on the move. The later is frightening.

I guess because it's such a HUGE area and, until today, they only had 16 people searching. They added 20 more people today and I still don't think that's enough.

they were there because they were requested by a band leader

In fox river I thought this was the case what I don’t understand is with all that was going on 200 kms away why would they be needed there at that time? It’s probably all legit it just seemed off to me... but then so does this whole case

true
the longer this goes, the harder it is on the locals (& the police)
I don't imagine anyone is sleeping much and they have to stay holed up in their houses
I just want it to end

By accounts I've heard, it isn't a simple drive down the road to get to York Landing from Gillam. It's over 200km away. I don't think LE could get there in a simple twenty minutes unless they had officers already searching out near those parts.

Don’t think they are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members