Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting...that's quite far away, and i admit i haven't been paying super close attention to the geography of the area but sounds like it wouldn't be so easy and simple for them to steal a car and get out of York Landing? especially not with all the LE presence in the area.
Agreed unless they are not in York landing at all.

what I find odd is that they were apparently "...seen wearing the same clothes as in the co-op video." Highly unlikely IMO.

I read this repeatedly yet the only msm report I've seen that addressed their appearance cites KM wearing a grey sweatshirt, and BS a camo hoodie.

Not sure how that is the same clothes as co-op?

MOO

I have reservations, especially if Bryer was doped up with ADHD drugs all his life, his parents have been at war non-stop, and there is mental illness in his family.

Yes,but they took the lives of three kind, innocent people who, had the killers asked, would have shared what food, money and transportation they had. The killers decision to brutally slaughter people who were likely unarmed and no threat to them indicates a cold blooded level of hate and depravity. They killed these people for the thrill of it, not because they were confused or impulsive. It's their choice of victims and means of killing them that defines these killers.

JMO

Canadian law seems to be a bit different.

In Canada, if a mother decides to murder her children, psychiatric treatment is the consequence. In the USA, prison without treatment is the consequence. Also, children are sentenced to life in prison in the USA, that's impossible in Canada.

Point being that law is quite different in Canada, and there is a different interpretation of truly knowing right/wrong.
It basically comes down to whether the person was capable of distinguishing right from wrong. The fact that these guys committed further crimes and went on the run is a pretty good indication that they were perfectly aware that what they did was wrong. I remember a similar kind of argument during the Luka Magnotta trial.

I'm quite skeptical about this sighting. A dump during the day? With bears everywhere? I wish we had more details about the precise nature of the sighting.
If they ran out of supplies and are very hungry, they might have been desperate enough to take the risk during the day. There are plenty of bears in the woods that they may have seen so bears in the dump probably isn't as worrisome as their hunger. Black bears are also common where they are from, and since they have spent time out in the woods back home they have likely seen them before and know what to do when they see one.

People will blame whatever is easy for them. They will say that almost all rapists watch *advertiser censored*, but guess what, almost all men watch *advertiser censored*. Same with video games. I wouldn't blame a role playing game for anything, however I do question the effects of the constant playing of first person shooter games.

The effects on an unbalanced mind. Right?

I think these kind of things are so terrifying because they seem so random and unpredictable so we seek ways to control the world by finding neat boxes in which to fit such murderers and the reasons they got that way.

We seek order and predictability.

And I'm not smugly making such a suggestion. I do it all the time myself. It's just human nature.

I mean the whole thing is frightening. Who would think that two kids like that would be capable of such murders and hiding in the bush like that for days upon days evading capture?

There are plenty of young people just like them who went to alternative schools (raises hand), maybe had some behavioral issues (raises hand), and seemed to be interested in violent or dark things.

But the vast majority of course don't become real life monsters.

When they do we look around. Could our kids become like that? Our grandkids? The neighbor down the street? The sweet faced teen offering is help when our car breaks down? I mean I never would have looked at those two and felt they could be a threat. So how can we control the world so we can predict such unpredictable mayhem?

I've come to realize over the years that it's always pretty complex and unpredictable. There are thousands upon thousands of alienated, anti-social teens who are fascinated with dark music and violent video games, who exhibit behavioral issues and never resort to murder or predatory behavior. It's almost impossible to predict who or why.

Looking at a number of cases there are so many various factors that can be at play like family dysfunction/divorce, lack of a strong social system or family support, sometimes neurological or cognitive issues, often various psych issues, isolation, alienation, entitlement, neglect, delusion, access to weaponry, abuse, bullying, unchecked rage, head injuries, drug use, genetic propensity to be a sociopath etc.

Who knows what combination will be the deciding factor?

And even though I've seen how it's always so complex and can't ever be reduced to one or two things, I try to do it myself. Routinely.

what I find odd is that they were apparently "...seen wearing the same clothes as in the co-op video." Highly unlikely IMO.
I believe that is not confirmed.

As I recall, the chief said one of the individuals was wearing a grey sweatshirt and the other was wearing a camouflage “sweatshirt”. BS was previously recorded wearing a camo jacket, so I’ll give the chief poetic license in using the word “sweatshirt”

Actually cotton sweatshirts would be terrible to be wearing as they stay wet for a long time, and would be very cold at night when damp

In Canada, if a mother decides to murder her children, psychiatric treatment is the consequence. In the USA, prison without treatment is the consequence. Also, children are sentenced to life in prison in the USA, that's impossible in Canada.

Point being that law is quite different in Canada, and there is a different interpretation of truly knowing right/wrong.
In most cases like that, severe mental illness is at play (postpartum depression).

Andrea Yates, who drowned her 5 children, was ultimately sent to a mental hospital.

Susan Smith was sentenced to life in prison, because she clearly knew the gravity of her actions.

Same with Diane Downs.

So it does depend on the circumstances, and not all mothers who kill their children are mentally ill to an extent that they don’t know what they are doing is wrong.

The test for insanity is basically the same. You are talking about the treatment and punishment of people who are found guilty, which is a different issue.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I really thought they’d have been caught by now. Not sure what to think that they are not in custody yet. I know it’s some wide open spaces but gosh, I doubt they sprinted a huge distance last night. I would have hoped LE would have kept them busy last night even if the weather wasn’t good. Surely LE was out bright and early after them....surely. I guess I’m concerned LE has lost some urgency since the suspects seemed hemmed in.

This was already covered in the RCMP briefing. The railway tracks are 25km/15m from York Landing. The questions are, how would they cover that distance, how would they know when to turn, and would they know where they were en route.

If the experience of the German canoeists is indicative, walking that distance would have taken two days.

I don’t think he understands the term “winter roads” refers to a route through marshes, muskeg and rivers which is frozen solid only in winter, making the route passable ...whereas in the summer it’s not.

RE daytime dump trip

Doesnt seem weird to me. Hard to look for stuff at night. Maybe they dont have any light source or are afraid of using it if they do.
And TBF to someone from the city, a rural dump prolly seems like a pretty isolated, low-risk area where you're unlikely to run into anyone.

Which I mean, they woulda been kinda right. The people who spotted them wouldnt have been there if no manhunt.

Last edited:

Also on the topic of Canadian prison sentences.. They are incredibly more lenient than US. A "life sentence" in Canada is usually never more than 10-20 years, 25 at the most. Prison would be much more preferable to these two teen suspects than dying in the harsh woods. Three meals a day, clean clothing, showers, heat, a bed.... And because of their age and (assuming) lack of a prior criminal record, they could very likely see freedom again in 30 years or less. Even with three life sentences.
jmo.

To those who posted links etc to Boswell's twitter, you didn't do anything wrong. It was a decision to remove him as MSM when it became obvious that as a freelancer he does not seem to give two hoots about the safety of officers involved in this manhunt. He has chosen to disregard a very specific request by the RCMP and it is NOT up to him to determine when it is okay to post their pictures of where they are.

If they ran out of supplies and are very hungry, they might have been desperate enough to take the risk during the day. There are plenty of bears in the woods that they may have seen so bears in the dump probably isn't as worrisome as their hunger. Black bears are also common where they are from, and since they have spent time out in the woods back home they have likely seen them before and know what to do when they see one.

I also realized after posting that it might be a great place to ambush somebody and take their vehicle.

But there's also the issue that they seem to have gotten away.

It basically comes down to whether the person was capable of distinguishing right from wrong. The fact that these guys committed further crimes and went on the run is a pretty good indication that they were perfectly aware that what they did was wrong. I remember a similar kind of argument during the Luka Magnotta trial.

Schizophrenia usually surfaces around the ages of 18-22, so we don't know whether 18 year old Bryer, like his father, is also somewhat delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member