Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The remark about the 4 dozen lingerie break-ins, does anyone know is this referencing him just breaking in and robbing women or are they saying the attacks against the two still alive victims also happpened to 4 dozen women?

Good point. They haven't elaborated.

I live in Kingston and remember well how distraught Joe's family and friends were. They were totally convinced that his death was suspicious and kept coming back to push for more investigation. The Kingston Police said today( according to the newspaper) that the investigation was totally handled by the military police. I can't help but wonder if someone didn't come into the room to actually get Joe's girlfriend and Joe tried to stop him. Maybe a long shot but you never know.

This is the context:

"The key officer in the room was Detective-Sergeant Jim Smith, who last year had obtained a statement in the abduction and murder of eight-year-old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ont., last summer."

I personally don't believe that there is a connection between the two cases implied or should be inferred. Blatchford covered both crimes and Smith is now also involved in both. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :)

JMO

Or, a person can read between the lines:

"The key officer in the room was Detective-Sergeant Jim Smith, who last year had obtained a statement (from Williams) in the abduction and murder of eight-year-old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ont., last summer."

Surely this detective-sergeant was not brought into the Tori Stafford case to collect just one statement.

"The key officer in the room was Detective-Sergeant Jim Smith, who last year had obtained a statement (from Williams) in the abduction and murder of eight-year-old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ont., last summer."

Surely this detective-sergeant was not brought into the Tori Stafford case to collect just one statement.

Det. Sgt. Jim Smith was also the officer who found Victoria's remains.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - It's TORI - Remains Found in Mt. Forest, ON, July 19, 2009

FWIW

So, let's rephrase Blatchford, then:

"The key officer in the room was Detective-Sergeant Jim Smith, who found the body of eight-year-old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ont."

See how much more clear that is? Any good editor would have caught that. Which leads me to believe Blatchford's phrasing was intentional.

As we recall, it was just a good ole hunch in a standard police day that led him to Tori. Sure.

Chief of Defence to comment on charges

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...mment-on-charges-against-col-russell-williams

This article also mentions that he is is civilian custody, not military custody. My thoughts are if he did confess, he's likely going to plead guilty, so that's likely the main reason there is no lawyer representing him at this point, as there will be no trial and it will go directly to sentencing.

CP24 just reported that this was scheduled for 4:30 p.m., but has been delayed. They're standing by and will be broadcasting it live - presumably soon.

I was noticing the complete lack of information in the media about RW's background before 1987, and anything about his goings-on outside the official bio that was on the military website. So, I decided to do some sleuthing. Go figure.

We know from previous posts here that he had lived in Gatineau. How many Lt-Colonels could possibly live in Gatineau? And wouldn't it be likely that they'd have met him, at the very least?

Anyways, I only came up with one name, but that person is now deceased. And according to tributes, he was a fine, upstanding man who was well-respected by those under his command and in the community.

So, has anyone else had any luck?

Detective Sergeant Jim Smyth, Criminal Behaviour and Analysis Section, Ontario Provincial Police - I take it she meant he did the interview & got a statement in the Stafford case, nothing at all to do with Williams except because of he's experience that is why he is interviewing Williams. I now understand how you can infer it otherwise & I sent an email to Christie asking for clarification. It certainly is important to know which way she meant this statement. I'll let you know if I hear from her.

So, let's rephrase Blatchford, then:

"The key officer in the room was Detective-Sergeant Jim Smith, who found the body of eight-year-old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ont."

See how much more clear that is? Any good editor would have caught that. Which leads me to believe Blatchford's phrasing was intentional.

As we recall, it was just a good ole hunch in a standard police day that led him to Tori. Sure.

Okay, so are you suggesting that Williams was somehow involved in Tori's abduction and murder? I'm very curious how you see this happening, knowing what we know about that case. TIA

Sorry guys, my post got deleted on how I am having a hard time navigating- can someone point me in the direction of contacting the mods to verify myself? Or? I find it hard to scroll through these pages, either that or my computer doesn't agree with them.
Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
Also, can someone point me in the TOS? I find all these forums mind-boggling!

Also is there another thread started somewhere? And if so can you point me there?

The MOs in those cases were similar to what we know about the September attacks in Tweed. The Tweed-area attacks will probably be mysteriously missing on weekends, except if someone didn't go away/have company.

Moving forward a few years from 1983, I would hope the police will investigate any of the unsolved cases previously attributed to the Scarborough rapist. DNA technology has come a long way in the interim. Paul Bernardo may not have been the only one out there.

It would be prudent to investigate any unsolved missing persons cases/murders involving similar circumstances to Jessica's, too. You know, keys and wallet left on the table, a responsible person missing, male or female.

Why on earth did Blatchford expressly mention Tori Stafford in her article?

I believe that someone, somewhere did have a clue about what was going on. What about military intelligence?

I am still thinking of that female military intelligence officer found dead of "suicide" at Camp Mirage. And the mysterious death of the young student at RMC in Kingston.

This article stands out as a clue to how the military handles unexplained non-combat deaths:

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/story.html?id=635395

IMO the VS case was mentioned as it was the same detetive that was interviewing RW that discovered VS's remains.

Sorry guys, my post got deleted on how I am having a hard time navigating- can someone point me in the direction of contacting the mods to verify myself? Or? I find it hard to scroll through these pages, either that or my computer doesn't agree with them.
Any help appreciated.
Thank you.

Also is there another thread started somewhere? And if so can you point me there?

This is my post with the e-mail info for contacting a mod and Tricia, the owner of WS:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CANADA-Jessica Lloyd, 27, Belleville, Ontario 01/28/2010

The TOS is here:

New Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The two Jessica Lloyd threads have been merged into one. If there's a new one yet, I'm not aware of it.

HTH

Any help appreciated.
Thank you.

Hoppy left a message for everyone at the top of this page.

Okay, so are you suggesting that Williams was somehow involved in Tori's abduction and murder? I'm very curious how you see this happening, knowing what we know about that case. TIA

What I am saying is that evidence leads investigations.

I am saying that the wording from Blatchford's column leaves open the question as to whether the detective obtained a statement from RW in the case of Victoria Stafford. The wording certainly tends to lead readers in that direction.

Any reporter worth their salt would not skip the obvious statement, "who found the body of Tori Stafford" and say instead something peculiar like, "who obtained a statement" in the Tori Stafford case.

I was noticing the complete lack of information in the media about RW's background before 1987, and anything about his goings-on outside the official bio that was on the military website. So, I decided to do some sleuthing. Go figure.

We know from previous posts here that he had lived in Gatineau. How many Lt-Colonels could possibly live in Gatineau? And wouldn't it be likely that they'd have met him, at the very least?

Anyways, I only came up with one name, but that person is now deceased. And according to tributes, he was a fine, upstanding man who was well-respected by those under his command and in the community.

So, has anyone else had any luck?
No I have not had any luck , just found this
Maybe this is why his name is coming up as Col. David Russ Williams

Asked in an interview what he liked to photograph, Williams fumbled a little before responding with a laugh that he had many pictures of his car, including one he kept on his Blackberry. He said he also enjoyed photographing nature scenes.
http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2440501

Thanks, Hoppy. Can we please have a separate thread for the accused - Russell Williams? Several posters have asked. (I'm not sure how to do this.) TIA

Can't do that, at least not at this point. Will think about it for the future, though.

BTW, if anyone needs to ask a mod a question, please send a PM; we don't read every post and could easily miss a question directed at us.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Did he spot her on a Friday night at a popular dance club here?

Or did they cross paths at the Poplar Golf Course where they both golfed?

These are places both slaying victim Jessica Lloyd and her alleged killer, Col. Russell Williams, were known to have hung out. Police are going through as many possibilities as they can to try to determine just how Lloyd and the man charged with her murder may have originally been in each other's presence.

http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2443817

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member