Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article from the Toronto Sun says he's been charged with 2 counts of first-degree murder (for Jessica and another woman found in Nov.) and for two other home invasions in Sept. as well. From that, it sounds like he may have come into her house and grabbed her. How awful and totally terrifying.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/02/08/12791976.html

Wow, sounds like a delightful person - He is also charged in a second homicide and two home invasions.

everything is so vague- the questions I have are:

1) did they know each other beforehand?

2) if the information was from a person stopped on highway 37 during february 4, why did this person not speak up sooner?

3) how could he just "snap" into committing these crimes when he was clearly a successful commander in the military and was always featured in the base paper, the contact?

I mean someone would have figured something was up, no? And the two sexual assaults in tweed... where he lived. This man was clearly not bright enough to have planned it out extensively, you know? A serial killer (in the making) is a lot smarter and not so lazy with his techniques. Tweed's population is 5614.. very small and not a place you want to be sloppy.

2) if the information was from a person stopped on highway 37 during february 4, why did this person not speak up sooner?

3) how could he just "snap" into committing these crimes when he was clearly a successful commander in the military and was always featured in the base paper, the contact?

I mean someone would have figured something was up, no? And the two sexual assaults in tweed... where he lived. This man was clearly not bright enough to have planned it out extensively, you know? A serial killer (in the making) is a lot smarter and not so lazy with his techniques. Tweed's population is 5614.. very small and not a place you want to be sloppy.

1) Rumors abound about online dating sites.
2) Because that person may have been Williams.
3) Remember the scandal about the Airborne Regiment in Somalia? Or how about Michael White in Edmonton?

Random thoughts in general, not related to this case: not all serial killers are intelligent. Some are. The level of intelligence means that some are able to evade the police longer. Psychopaths come in all stripes.

Missing woman's body discovered in Gatineau

"Caron was last seen at her home on Bélanger Street in Gatineau's Buckingham area at around 3 p.m. on Oct. 27, 2008. This would have been 2-3 months before he was stationed there or taking his 6 month course.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/sto...dy-gatineau.html#socialcomments#ixzz0eyHFH9nW

An autistic child is now without a mother. Very sad for this child.

During the press conference today, it was stated that Williams' wife was in Ottawa, renovating their home at the time of Jessica Lloyd's murder. That seems to indicate a more permanent connection to Ottawa.

(BBM)

According to CP24's interview with two LE officers, the person stopped and questioned on Hwy. 37 was RW himself. It was hinted that RW's reaction (body language, etc.) during the roadside interview heightened suspicions and eventually was a factor in his arrest. It was stated that Jessica's disappearance was immediately suspected to be connected to the murder of Marie Comeau and that the Military was assisting LE with their investigation.

I don't think he snapped, I believe he has been doing this for a long time & has gotten too comfortable doing this. Remember he has only been in the area 6ish months. My goodness, Marie was killed only in Nov. & Jessica (assuming the end of Jan). Although they received a tip, the arrest was so fast they had to find some very hard and incriminating evidence. I am thinking he took & kept pictures. So glad they have him behind bars!!! :woohoo:

(BBM)

According to CP24's interview with two LE officers, the person stopped and questioned on Hwy. 37 was RW himself. It was hinted that RW's reaction (body language, etc.) during the roadside interview heightened suspicions and eventually was a factor in his arrest. It was stated that Jessica's disappearance was immediately suspected to be connected to the murder of Marie Comeau and that the Military was assisting LE with their investigation.

Do you think he may have eventually confessed?

I don't think he snapped, I believe he has been doing this for a long time & has gotten too comfortable doing this. Remember he has only been in the area 6ish months. My goodness, Marie was killed only in Nov. & Jessica (assuming the end of Jan). Although they received a tip, the arrest was so fast they had to find some very hard and incriminating evidence. I am thinking he took & kept pictures. So glad they have him behind bars!!! :woohoo:

Well, whoever assaulted two women in Tweed tied them to chairs and photographed them, according to the Globe and Mail.

I didn't like him to look at him, I saw him at the torch relay and his eyes made me uneasy.

He seemed to be quite familiar with the Quinte area- as the Tweed area is only of interest to people who have been in the area for some time and appreciated getting to the outskirts of Belleville. Tweed connects to highway 7, which I commonly drive to go to Ottawa- so it makes sense that he resided there.

You can also NOT take highway 401 to Tweed, you would have to take the back roads or highway 37 which you have to enter Belleville first before hitting it. My guess is that his body language indeed gave it away, and maybe he then confessed.

I am still surprised that he killed two and spared the other two. I know Paul Bernardo was a serial rapist because a serial killer, but then again, many are lead to believe Karla helped him with that...
A big HMM.

So glad they caught this 'thing'!! He sounds like a serial killer!!

Well, whoever assaulted two women in Tweed tied them to chairs and photographed them, according to the Globe and Mail.

Well, I guess if your are going to take pictures...you're likely to save them.

OMG! I just found out.This is so sad! :cry:

Update: On Sunday, February 7, 2010, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the Belleville Police arrested 46-year-old Russell Williams, of Tweed, Ontario for the disappearance and death of 27-year-old Jessica Lloyd who was last seen on January 28, 2010. As a result of information sharing, the Belleville Police Service and the OPP began reviewing other serious incidents in the vicinity of the City of Belleville. Due to similarities in those incidents, the police investigative team linked this case to other crimes.

Williams came to the attention of the police as a result of information gathered during a road side canvass on Highway 37 on the night of February 4, 2010. OnSunday, February 7, 2010 Williams was arrested in Ottawa.

http://www.muchmormagazine.com/2010/02/jessica-elizabeth-lloyd-is-believed-to-have-been-found-dead/

Who knows? He'd be pretty stupid to, IMO.

I'm wondering what he was doing in Ottawa when he was arrested and how long he'd been there. He was certainly in the Tweed/Trenton area when questioned on the highway, so it couldn't have been long. Was he on assignment, eluding LE, or something else entirely?

JMO

Who knows? He'd be pretty stupid to, IMO.

I'm wondering what he was doing in Ottawa when he was arrested and how long he'd been there. He was certainly in the Tweed/Trenton area when questioned on the highway, so it couldn't have been long. Was he on assignment, eluding LE, or something else entirely?

JMO

IDK but his wife lives there.

My printer had been out of black ink for weeks. I finally got around to buying some on Saturday and printed out a "missing" poster for Jessica. I laminated it and was going to put it on my car today. Oh, the sad irony! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spamyspam