GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Hildebrandt reports:

Roxanne and her sister exhange a long hug as the next young woman prepares to speak.

She is Lloyd's cousin. She calls this the most difficult task she has ever faced. She would see Lloyd once a week and talk every day.

'We talked about all the important things. We talked about all the silly things,' she says.

She talks about fielding calls, day and night after she went missing. 'Family came, family went all night long.

Shutting down was something I was getting good at,' she says. 'The sickness in our stomachs was unbearable.'

She goes on to say that knowing what happened relieved some of the thoughts and questions but has brought a new kind of horror.

She can picture it now, every look on her face and imagine it in those final hours. 'I can't trust anyone,' she says. 'I have lost my cousin. I have lost my confidante and ally. I have lost myself,' she reads carefully. 'There is a saying 'what goes around comes around' and I can't wait for fate to run its course.

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=2d2ebfac2a

The Globe and Mail, Christine Blatchford on MEH:

"(There has never been a suggestion Ms. Harriman had any idea what her husband was up to, though the evidence presented in court makes it clear she was astonishingly uncurious – Col. Williams kept well hidden his treasured videos and pictures, but left piles of stolen underwear and sex toys in ordinary boxes and bags all over the basement and spare room of their Ottawa house.)"

Bold by me.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...iams-is-the-new-paul-bernardo/article1764545/

The title has me scratching my head. Paul Bernardo in what way?

Amber Hildebrandt reports:

"As the family members slowly leave, they are hugging each other, putting their arms around each other in comfort."

"The emotions have run high here in the courtroom this afternoon, as -- for the first time -- victims had the chance to face Russell Williams and tell him how his crimes have affected them. Sniffling and sobbing was heard throughout each of the statements."

"Even though the judge has called a break now, few people have moved."

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=2d2ebfac2a

phpG6ZrnR_thumb_lloyd_05.jpg

“I spent days and nights waiting to hear something, anything. There was one day when I received a call from my colleagues. I told them I knew Lloyd was gone. After my heart told me she was gone, I turned to hoping her body would be found. I knew she was outside. I hoped she was wearing clothing, it was cold.” She continues, “I hoped for a miracle. My miracle didn’t happen. Life as I knew it would never be the same. I lost my best friend forever. I didn’t get to say goodbye. He took that from me. I didn’t get to tell her I love her, or hug her. Russell Williams stole that from me. He was above the law until he met Jessica Lloyd. He had no idea the love her family and friends had for her. If he had, he would have never stepped foot in that house."

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/10/20/liveblog-col-russell-williams-hearing-day-3/

3:34 TorontoStar: Dan Robson reports:
As the statements were read several spectators in the overflow room were brought to tears. John Graham admired the composure of the family and friends making statements about the impact of Williams' crimes on their lives. The Belleville man has been at the courthouse for the past two days. "I commend them," he said. "It must be so difficult."
Graham noticed that Williams, at least from what he could see on the screen in the courtroom annex, seemed unaffected by their piercing words. "No emotion."

3:35 smithjoanna: Reading the apologies RW drafted to victims, letter to wife stands out: "I know you'll take good care of sweet Rosie" (their cat).

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/876913

3:38 smithjoanna: Another one of Jessica's aunt (Roxanne's sister-in-law) takes the stand for her victim impact statement.

3:39 smithjoanna: "I'm supposed to speak of how this senseless, brutal act has hurt our family," but says hard to do bc family is so close that all feel pain.

3:41 smithjoanna: "She was v. much a daughter to me," says aunt, noting how her husband was father figure and he died of same disease that took father.

3:43 smithjoanna: Says after hearing the news that Jessica was missing, she rushed to be with Roxanne so she wouldn't be alone.

3:43 smithjoanna: She remembers night Jessica went missing, Roxanne lay on couch looking out picture window, hoping to see her come home.

3:44 smithjoanna: "Then we went from fearing the worst to living through the worst," aunt says.

3:45 smithjoanna: Aunt had family over for SuperBowl Sunday to get their mind off things. Then got news that police had arrested RW & Jessica dead.

3:45 smithjoanna: Aunt says she feels guilty when she smiles.

3:46 smithjoanna: Says 6yo grandson wants to be police officer, "so he can catch the bad men like the one who took our Jessica away from us."

3:47 smithjoanna: "We wanted to see Jessica get married, have beautiful babies, as beautiful as she was, but he has robbed us of that," says aunt.

3:49 smithjoanna: "He certainly couldn't have loved any of his own family members, bc now they have to live with his crimes and shame as well": aunt

3:49 smithjoanna: "I don't know how to close my eyes at night w/o seeing her scared little face and his piercing eyes," says aunt.

3:50 smithjoanna: Aunt says she sold her home in country and move to city so she could feel safer.

3:51 smithjoanna: "He will never be able to overpower another woman again. He will never give another order again," says aunt.

3:51 smithjoanna: "Many people have said it took our little angel to take Russell Williams down," says aunt.

3:52 smithjoanna: Aunt says one thing #ColRW can't take from family: "Those special memories of Jessica will remain in our hearts forever."

"2:41: TorontoStar: Col. Russell Williams' apology letter to his second sexual assault victim, Laurie Massicotte, who has allowed her identity to be made public:

Laurie,
I am sorry for having hurt you the way I did. I really hope that the discussion we had has helped you turn your life around a bit.You seem like a bright woman, who could do do much better for herself. I do hope that you find a way to succeed.""

A sexual assault, judgment and a lecture, all from the same person. I believe this is what's called a non-apology.

Thank you, summer. I'm so astounded by this letter to Laurie that I can't get past it.

It seems to me that here RW is revealing that he is compartmentalized to an ominous degree. It appears that he opens the doors to these compartments and lets out the resident there to (1) be free from all behavioral restraints, to plunder, torture, rape, kill and be totally unconcerned for the consequences of what he has done; (2) The Commander who must discipline those subordinate to him and wisely counsel them so that they mend their ways; (3) the benevolent inspiration to others so that they can achieve "success" as he thinks he has.

I wonder if the residents in these compartments even know each other.

I note that he signed letters or statements sometimes as RW and sometimes as RS -- this may be more significant than is immediately apparent. He was RW until he was 7 years old and his mother divorced Williams and married Sovka, at which time he became RS. He remained RS until he was about 16 when he again became RW and at the same time changed from a non-social loner to the jokester.

Now he seems to be confused as to which he is. I would really appreciate a posting here by a member of the behavioral science profession that could analyze just this one letter by RW/RS.

In RW letter to MEH he refers to her as "Ponge" looked that up in wiki was a poet, with some pretty weird views.

Odd, nickname:waitasec: JMO

3:56 smithjoanna: "My dad proudly served 25 yrs in the Royal Canadian Navy," Andy says; he would be "mortified" someone in military could do this.

3:58 smithjoanna: "What did Mr. Williams think, seeing me on every major media outlet, begging for help (bringing her home)?" Andy says

3:58 smithjoanna: "What did Mr. Williams think, seeing me on every major media outlet, begging for help (bringing her home)?" Andy says. #ColRW [via Twitter]

4:00 smithjoanna: Only good thing that will come of this is that RW will never hurt another family again, Andy says.

4:00 smithjoanna: Andy says he thinks RW was laughing at him, thinking "I know where she is. She's in my garage." [via Twitter]

4:00 smithjoanna: Andy says many people in community think Jessica is a hero because her death led to his arrest.

4:01 smithjoanna: "Why that road? Why that house? What that night?" Andy says. "Was it bad luck or fate?"

Wednesday October 20, 2010 4:00 smithjoanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members