GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is as if "the colonel" is back.

Williams, who has sat in a dejected slump throughout most of the three days of hearings, seems to have responded to the challenges of the victims to lift his hanging head and look them in the eye.

His military posture has returned, for spells, his back almost straight and head largely up.

But the vitriol towards him continues.

"He would have no idea of what the word 'love' means," says Jessica's aunt.

He certainly could not have loved anyone close to him, she says, because he thoughtlessly left them to live with the shame.

"He will never give another order, again. He will be given the orders, now... He will never again be in control."

by Adrian Humphreys via email at 10/20/2010 7:52:54 PM 3:52 PM

Read more: http://live.nationalpost.com/Event/...tencing_of_Col_Russell_Williams#ixzz12vp68kMl

Andy Lloyd, Jessica's brother:

He says he knew from the outset something was wrong, but never guessed at the scale of what was ahead. He says he has lost his privacy and that the case has drawn so much media attention that the grieving process has never been completed."
He weeps.

He says he is proud of the military and that he feels for them to have been so terribly betrayed.

He talks of what a happy, fun-loving person his sister was. Christmas was an especially joyous occasion.

:"Looking ahead, I can't even imagine what Christmas will be like."

He glares at Col. Williams.

"The only good thing about all of this is that these crimes were stopped... I have so many questions that will haunt me for the rest of my life and only Russell Williams has the answers... I don't understand how fate or God or any higher power could allow these things to happen."

Applause.

http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=eb45fe6289

phpCeupU5_thumb_FJT106-CANADA.jpg

Roxanne Lloyd, Jessica's Mom

http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=eb45fe6289

Roxanne Lloyd, Jessica's mom is up.

'Because of Mr.Williams' actions, my only daughter has been taken away from me,' she says. 'Because of him I can't hug her, can't tell her I love her. I can't receive another hug, email. We will never go shopping, go away for a weekend together. I can never spend another minute with her. My husband died before Jessica tured 14 and Andy 16. He was a petty officer, a veteran of the armed forces,' she continues.

She says he would be horrified that a member of the army did this to his daughter. Now, 'there's only Andy and I left,' she says. 'I miss her every day. First it was Mother's Day, then it was her birthday in May. So many dreams I had of my daughter have been destroyed. I will never walk her down the aisle, hear that she's expecting a baby. He has not only taken away my precious daughter, but dreams of her future children, my future grandchildren,' she says."

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=2d2ebfac2a

It's so difficult watching your sister suffer," Jessica's aunt said. "The death of your child is unbearable."

I so wish i could reach out and hug these devastated loved ones.

I wish I could share with those left behind to grieve, the wisest and most important words I ever heard while struggling to retain sanity over the loss of my second child ... I phoned the psychologist on a day when I had curled up in a fetal position, whimpering, and it felt like my head had physically split in two. He knew me and he knew my "story". I asked him "At what point does my mind simply go out to lunch on me?" His answer back:

"It never will, unless you allow it to".

Roxanne Lloyd, Jessica's mother

She reads out her daughter's birth and death dates.

"I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest...so many dreams I had for my daughter have been destroyed...How could he do those terrible things to her and then drive by her house every day?...When I saw her in that casket I knew that all my hopes,prayers and dreams were over..."

She now takes sleeping pills and anti-depressants

"I wouldn't wish this on anyone but I can't help wondering why? Jessica never did anything to anyone...I have heard that people should be forgiven for their sins,,,but I can honestly say I hate Russell Williams...I am a broken woman...there's no punishment that can make this better...

I would die for her.

Since that is not possible to make sure Russell Williams is sentenced to life for murder.

The judge voices his condolences to all.

Court has recessed for the day

http://mobile.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=eb45fe6289

4:02 smithjoanna: Courtroom applauds when Andy finishes. Her mother, Roxanne, now on the stand. She begins by stating her daughter's name.

4:03 smithjoanna: "I've loved her since the moment I knew I was pregnant with her," Roxanne says, adding that she'll love her till the day she dies.

4:05 smithjoanna: May was a difficult month: Mother's Day and Jessica's birthday, May 18. Says because of RW she will always be 27.

4:06 smithjoanna: "I'll never hear her tell me she's fallen in love again," says Roxanne. Engagement, marriage and motherhood stolen memories too.

4:08 smithjoanna: "How could he do those horrible things to her, then kill her and leave her in the woods, then drive by her house twice a day...?"

4:08 smithjoanna: Roxanne noted RW was driving by house where family&friends gathered during search efforts.

4:09 smithjoanna: Roxanne says she is still on stress leave from work

4:10 smithjoanna: "Why did he do this to me too? I am now a broken woman," Roxanne says

4:10 smithjoanna: "I can never, ever, ever forgive him," she says. "I hate Russell Williams.

4:12 smithjoanna: Roxanne wears a silver teardrop with some of Jessica's ashes in it, Andy wears bracelet with same, so she's always with them.

4:12 smithjoanna: "I wish I could take her place. I would die for her," says Roxanne, Jessica Lloyd's mother

4:13 RobsonDan: Many people in tears as Roxanne Lloyd reads her statement. Covering faces, wiping tears. "I hate Russell Williams," she says. They nod. [via Twitter]

4:13 smithjoanna: Justice Robert Scott extends condolences on behalf of justice administration. Court adjourned till 10 am tomorrow.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/876913

The horror of learning her daughter was missing and then dead has been compounded by learning "everything he did to her."

"Now I am a broken woman."

"How could he do all of these things to her... Then drive by her house twice a day knowing everyone is out looking for her?"

"I could never, ever, ever forgive him."

More applause.

"These are very powerful messages," says Justice Scott before adjourning court until tomorrow morning.

by Adrian Humphreys via email at 4:14 PM

Read more: http://live.nationalpost.com/Event/...tencing_of_Col_Russell_Williams#ixzz12vrpfapT

May ALL the victims in this case find some sort of peace and healing. Their lives are changed forever. :(

How quickly during interrogation his cocky smile was wiped off his face...I salute you Det. Smyth for your excellent interrogation skills for wiping this smile off his face and in bringing this man down.

Attachments

• williams at start of interrogation.png
    williams at start of interrogation.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics