GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psych experts struggle to explain Col. Williams as court hears confession

The case has fascinated those who work with sexual deviants and addicts, in part because it is so unusual, in part because identifying the factors that drove Williams might help prevent future cases.

"It is mysterious that someone can lead such a double life. This is mystifying stuff; I don't think there are easy explanations at all."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...iams-as-court-hears-confession-105384518.html
Thanks for posting this; very interesting. My own belief is that he has gotten away with much more than he has told. I don't believe that he only started acting on his impulses in his forties. He may have surpressed them for a while but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find out that he was involved in other abnormal incidents prior to this particular confession.

JMO

ETA - Just prior to his confession he says that he can't believe "this is happening" (or something to that effect)...I watched and listened to that part a few times and came away with the impression that he really thought he had been careful enough NOT to get caught. He seems to show no shame to the officer interviewing him - his only apprehension seems to be the impression/impact on his wife. Very bizarre to say the least but very significant also. Given what we know about this type of offender, it is unlikely that he "started" in his forties. Possibly, for his wife's sake, he held certain impulses at bay for a while until he got to a point that he couldn't anymore.

Today with all the details outlining his confession, did it mention anything about all the B&E's in Tweed and Ottawa. All I read was about his 2 sexual assaults and the 2 murders. Did he confess this with the Detective the same day he went to the police station? Or did LE discover the items and he confessed later?

When asked about possibly-related cold cases/unsolved cases, LE has consistently stated that they had limited resources and were first and foremost concentrating on the cases at hand. I sincerely hope that now that those cases are coming to resolution that they (LE) will begin to look more closely at other cases that RW may have been involved in...I do believe that there is much more to this than the detailed documentary he handed over in this confession.

MOO

Today with all the details outlining his confession, did it mention anything about all the B&E's in Tweed and Ottawa. All I read was about his 2 sexual assaults and the 2 murders. Did he confess this with the Detective the same day he went to the police station? Or did LE discover the items and he confessed later?
From what I understand, he confessed to everything; including the B&E's. They were all documented, photographed and stored in his boxes and files. They had several interviews with him - not just the very long one which was paired down and shown today.

MOO

Forgive me for my third post in a row but they're all related to different topics and I don't want to muddy up discussions by combining them all. I am left with the impression that his relationship with his wife is probably what kept him "in check" (super-vigilent and "in line") for a long time. His relationship with her after all, is likely the most important relationship of his life. He was married to her for 19 years! From all accounts, his relationship with his mother was most likely not a firm one for more than 16 years (when he went to boarding school and she went to Korea with his step-father).

From what I understand, he confessed to everything; including the B&E's. They were all documented, photographed and stored in his boxes and files. They had several interviews with him - not just the very long one which was paired down and shown today.

MOO

Thats what I was getting at...with RW having several interviews, Im curious if he told LE at the 1st interview about the large amounts of lingerie and the B/E's or did LE find them and question him later, then he confessed. It seems, from what I saw on the news, that he confessed to what he was caught with. They had evidence from MFC and JL's homes, once he heard this, he confessed. They linked these murder cases with the 2 sexual assaults, once he heard this he confessed. He was not forthcoming, he confessed after he realized he was busted.

On The National tonight (CBC), they are showing parts of the confession that I have not seen. A couple of things to note:

-Williams WAS wearing his military uniform that Thursday night at the Roadside check. Det. Smyth TELLS him that him being military and Comeau being military was one "connection"

-Det. Smyth tells RW that he could be linked because of his close geographical location to the 4 major crimes, and he agrees. Det. Smyth says one victim was 2 doors down from RW, and RW corrects him, and says 3 doors down

RW did NOT confess to the 82 b & e charges in the confession entered into evidence today.

He agreed to a total of 5 interviews with LE, and I linked this here yesterday, I guess it was in thread #2. I will see if I can pull it up for you.

RW confessed to the 82 b & e's in one of the other interviews, not the murder confessions heard today.

HTH

Thats what I was getting at...with RW having several interviews, Im curious if he told LE at the 1st interview about the large amounts of lingerie and the B/E's or did LE find them and question him later, then he confessed. It seems, from what I saw on the news, that he confessed to what he was caught with. They had evidence from MFC and JL's homes, once he heard this, he confessed. They linked these murder cases with the 2 sexual assaults, once he heard this he confessed. He was not forthcoming, he confessed after he realized he was busted.

He was initially charged with the two murders and the two sexual assaults after his confession in February. He was not formally charged with the additional 82 charges until April, 2010. I suspect he had a further interview with the police after they searched his premises and located the additional lingerie.

Here is a media report mentioning his additional 82 charges:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20100429/Williams_charges_100429/

I am curious about the reference to Williams in writings of Marie France.. (as per his interrogation)..was he eyeballing her at work...was she feeling uncomfortable around him?.. it seems he was impotent and had to resort to violent means in order to perform sexually...at least that's what I am reading into the confessions..

here is the link again to the interrogation:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/10/20/Edited_Williams.pdf

When he is smirking, and smacking his gum, at the beginning of the interrogation, and he requests that Det. Smyth "be discreet" about calling him in there, I wanted to vomit. What cockiness.

He was initially charged with the two murders and the two sexual assaults after his confession in February. He was not formally charged with the additional 82 charges until April, 2010. I suspect he had a further interview with the police after they searched his premises and located the additional lingerie.

Here is a media report mentioning his additional 82 charges:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20100429/Williams_charges_100429/

Hearing this makes me think there are more unsolved crimes by RW. He only confessed to all the crimes after he found out that LE had evidence against him!!!!

The new charges are the result of "extensive reviews" of unsolved crimes in eastern Ontario, the OPP said.

thanks, this line from the article answers my question.

Lloyd family would support a dangerous offender application for killer

First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.

But a dangerous offender application could see the parole option revoked.

Lead prosecutor Lee Burgess has refused to comment on whether or not his team will seek such a move.

The Lloyds, though, would favour it.

"Absolutely. We're all for it," Andy Lloyd said outside the courthouse.

"We want him locked in there till the day he dies."

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2809030&auth=Luke Hendry

The Comeau family, and other victim impact statements were entered into evidence, but will not be read.

The CBC is reporting that police told them that Mary Elizabeth Harriman was ruled out as a suspect very eary in the investigation, that she is paralyzed by the whole thing, and that there is not one person in the courtroom in his support.

(BBM)

I watched this last night on the CBC. A forensic psychiatrist diagnoses RW as a paraphiliac with several abnormal characteristics, but not a true psychopath.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&zone=canada&site=cbc.news.ca&clipid=1618589544

Yesterday there was a post or two where an expert was quoted as saying that on a scale measuring psychopathy, RW does not fit all the requirements. I'll see if I can find it.
I believe you are referring to my post #17 link here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5705113#post5705113

( BTW, sorry for quoting myself )
Many CTV Videos at link:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/colonel-in-court/#clip362993

Phychopath: you need a score of 30 out of 40 on the scale

RW: would probably get a maximum of 18 or so

CTV New Channel = Dr. Brad Booth

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/colonel-in-court/#clip362962 <----

Lloyd family would support a dangerous offender application for killer

First-degree murder carries an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.

But a dangerous offender application could see the parole option revoked.

Lead prosecutor Lee Burgess has refused to comment on whether or not his team will seek such a move.

The Lloyds, though, would favour it.

"Absolutely. We're all for it," Andy Lloyd said outside the courthouse.

"We want him locked in there till the day he dies."

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2809030&auth=Luke Hendry

I hope he gets the dangerous offender label. No one thought KH would ever get paroled and she did, she took part in horrific crimes and look where she is today. Going up for parole, they do not look at his crimes, they look at his behaviour after the charges. THE *advertiser censored* IS A DANGEROUS OFFENDER!

I wonder why both boot impressions are labelled with "fire pit impressions" ???????

On The National tonight (CBC), they are showing parts of the confession that I have not seen. A couple of things to note:

-Williams WAS wearing his military uniform that Thursday night at the Roadside check. Det. Smyth TELLS him that him being military and Comeau being military was one "connection"

-Det. Smyth tells RW that he could be linked because of his close geographical location to the 4 major crimes, and he agrees. Det. Smyth says one victim was 2 doors down from RW, and RW corrects him, and says 3 doors down

Forgive me but...Back to my initial comments about the investigation...TWO (not one,but TWO) sexual assaults occured within one kilometer of his home! And still...NO DOTS were connected until two other women were killed?

Maybe there is something I have missed but I remain UNIMPRESSED.

Andy Lloyd said in an interview with CBC that it was difficult to listen to the confession and hear "the voice of the devil".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor