GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?clipid=1620394701
CBC has footage of part of confession online now, hope I've posted it properly

A perfect finesse....Detective Smythe says (beginning at around 2:24 on the tape), (to the best of my poor transcription skills):

"This is a major investigation. The Centre of Forensic Science is on call 24 hours a day helping us with this. Your opportunity to take some control here and to have some explanation that anyone is going to believe is quickly expiring. O.K.? The investigator is now applying for a warrant to search your office. These aren't decisions we can say yes or no to.

And, Russell, ....[long pause while he let's RW think/squirm] Russell [RW responds, "hmmm?] ....listen to me for a second. When that evidence comes in, when that DNA match..., when that phone rings and somebody knocks on this door, your credibility is gone. O.K.? Cause this is how credibility works, alright? I know you're a very intelligent person, and I know you probably don't need to hear this explanation but I know that your mind is racing right now, cause I've sat across from a lot of people in your position over the years. The bottom line is that as soon as we get that piece of evidence that solidifies it -- DNA, O.K.? [RW nodding in agreement now] As soon as the expert in footwear impressions, as soon as the expert in tire impressions, calls and says, 'yes, that's a match', it's all over. Because as soon as that happens, where's your credibility? Where's your believability? You're just another...but again, don't take this wrong, o.k.?....but as soon as you step outside this room, keep in mind, imagine, how people will view you. If the truth comes out after the clear evidence is presented to you -- when you finally go, 'o.k., I'm screwed now', what are you going to do? [Pause]

Russell? You know what you have to do. There is only one option. What other option is there to you? [RW: "What's the option?] Well, I don't think you want the cold-blooded psycopath option. I might be wrong, cause don't get me wrong, I've met guys who actually kind of enjoyed the notoriety, got off on having that label -- Bernardo being one of them. I don't see that in you. If I saw that in you, I wouldn't be back here talking to you, quite frankly. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe you got me fooled. I don't know. [long pause] This is over. "

and later.... " Russ, is there anything you want from me? Is there anything you want me to explain? Is there something missing that you're struggling with that I can shed some light on for you? "

Wow...this guy is good! So patient. So good at feeding into RW's need for control and his ego. Well done.

:applause:

Forgive me but...Back to my initial comments about the investigation...TWO (not one,but TWO) sexual assaults occured within one kilometer of his home! And still...NO DOTS were connected until two other women were killed?

Maybe there is something I have missed but I remain UNIMPRESSED.

I agree with you here, PP, that LE definitely made a major error in not looking at RW when the sexual attacks happen. They were so sure it was Larry Jones, and given the occupation of RW, he was overlooked, and that was a MAJOR error, IMO, especially when the dogs led LE to his house, the DNA came back that it was NOT Jones.

But I maintain that LE very swiftly and skillfully anaylzed the evidence upon JL's abduction, and did some very good police work.

Especially after seeing the confession extracted by Det.-Sgt. Jim Smyth and his team today, it only reinforces my opinion of them in this regard.

I need to stop watching The National and the confession video...seeing him talk calmly how he murdered the 2 women makes me sick. When asked why, he doesn't cry, doesn't say he is sick or twisted or that he needs help. All he is worried about is the cops ripping apart his wifes home, when at the time JL's body is still laying outside in the woods where he left her.

When the det. asked RW "why did you tell me this tonight" RW answers "to make my wifes life easier" uuughhh what about - to bring closer to JL's family (as at this point she is still missing) what about - because I am a sick *advertiser censored* and I need help. His answer really makes me sick, he should have thought about his wifes life before he commited the crimes.

RW says in his interview that LE DID talk to him after the assaults at Cozy Cove.

It was in the confession video clip on The National tonight.

Do you think Det. Smyth is trying to get a reaction out of RW when he specifically mentions Bernardo in the interview?

Hi PP, It's great reading you! Haven't seen you in awhile. :)

I read on MSM when this guy was first arrested or became a suspect, can't remember which. The story was on MSN or FOX, I am sure. There was mention that Col. W. owned a residence in Wrightsville Beach, NC, a vacation home where he visited to fish. IIRC there was a panty thief in WB a few years ago. Alot of college kids attending UNCW live in WB. I will research local news archives to verify the panty thief stories and years when it occured.

Does anyone here remember the MSM news story early on which states he spent time in NC? I will email the local station but wish to have my facts straight before I do. I would greatly appreciate any help as I haven't followed this thread and could not find thread #1.

Also, thanks to all of you diligent peeps who are keeping us updated on the hearing.

wm
It was posted in Lachlan's thread #3

here is the first link, there is more discussion afterwards:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5214086&highlight=Wrightsville+Beach#post5214086

Hope this helps :)

When he is smirking, and smacking his gum, at the beginning of the interrogation, and he requests that Det. Smyth "be discreet" about calling him in there, I wanted to vomit. What cockiness.

I now what you mean....isn't it great to see once he realizes that Det. Smyth is on to him - the cockiness leaves him pretty quickly.

Do you think Det. Smyth is trying to get a reaction out of RW when he specifically mentions Bernardo in the interview?

Yes, I suspect that he was playing into his ego by implying, "you don't want to be considered a Bernardo, do you?? ...you're so much smarter and successful than he was! There's no comparison in the type of person you are!!"

I don't think he's trying to get a reaction - Bernardo was such a high profile case, and even today people still talk about it, that he was just making a comparison to show him how high profile the four cases they were currently investigating were - JMO

From the Interrogation, Det. Smyth:

D/SGT. SMYTH: computers have been brought to Microsoft in California they’ll be they’ll be picked apart you can’t erase ink from computers it doesn’t happened I’m sure you’ve seen that I’m sure that’s pretty common knowledge these days it just doesn’t happen they sell programs that uh to try and help people clean their computers and stuff and our guys are pulling that stuff out all the time the FBI’s pulling that stuff out all the time this investigation will end up costing no less than ten million (10,000,000) dollars easy and they will say no to nothing any requests this major case manager makes on this case they’ve already been told it’s approved don’t even bother asking so what am I doing Russ I put my best foot forward here for you bud I really have I don’t I don’t know what else to do to to make make you understand the impact of what’s happening here do we talk

WILLIAMS: I want to um minimize the impact on my wife

D/SGT. SMYTH: so do I

WILLIAMS: so how do we do that

D/SGT. SMYTH: well you start by telling the truth

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=n4892435

D/SGT. SMYTH: I mean she’s at your house right um (u/i) let me ask you this is it uh two (2) lived right and two (2) died what’s what was the difference in your mind between

WILLIAMS: well the um yeah would be attention the first two (2) got um wasn’t very much fo (ph) focused on obviously or for obvious reasons uh the pictures I took so anybody else telling stories about pictures right would have been (sniffs) (u/i) a straight line

D/SGT. SMYTH: okay but when when this would happen with Marie- France was was did you uh believe that you already a suspect for what happened in Tweed

WILLIAMS: no

D/SGT. SMYTH: so why what were you concerned about

WILLIAMS: well because um I was pretty sure that uh you know that she was serving military right

D/SGT. SMYTH: mm hmm

WILLIAMS: it would have been uh it would have been difficult for investigators to ignore that connection

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=n4892435

3702537.bin

1: In video from his interrogation, Russell Williams is at first confident, cocky, casually chit-chatting and smiling at the camera in the police interview room. 2: He is angry, suddenly realizing he is in deeper than he thought. He grabs a piece of evidence linking him to the kidnapping of Jessica Lloyd to look at in disbelief. 3: He is in turmoil. Faced with overwhelming evidence that he is guilty, he struggles with whether to confess or maintain his charade. 4: He is beaten, crushed. His head hangs down as he confesses to OPP Det.-Sgt. Jim Smyth that he raped and murdered two women and sexually assaulted two others

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Evidence+much+Williams/3700461/story.html#ixzz12xSlSAd0

As an air force commander who served on missions based in Camp Mirage, Canada’s sensitive air base in the Middle East, he had previously undergone training on how to cope with interrogation if captured by an enemy combatant.

Crown Attorney Lee Burgess paused the tape to note “how calm and cool” he looks, “even after all these heinous crimes,” and even after preparing to destroy evidence of his attacks that very day.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Evidence+much+Williams/3700461/story.html#ixzz12xTDChlE

“I have never been interviewed like this,” he says, smiling and looking around the room. He spots the video camera lens above him and he stares into it and flashes a broad grin. It is as if he thinks he is adding to his secret video collection.

“I guess the closest,” he says, is when “I was interviewed by NIS for top secret clearance.” It is a clever response, referring to the Commanding Officer National Investigation Service, a military police agency that works to ensure the appropriateness of personnel entering military command. It reminds the policeman of his rank and position.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Evidence+much+Williams/3700461/story.html#ixzz12xTU3tf8

Det.-Sgt. Smyth then starts to move to the heart of the matter. He asks him if he watches CSI, the fictional TV series on how science is used to solve crimes.

“I prefer Law and Order but I do watch CSI occasionally,” he says.

“What would you be willing to give me today to help me move past you in this investigation,” Det.-Sgt. Smyth asks. At this point, Williams looks like he is suddenly feeling a little uncomfortable. But he doesn’t break his cover.

“What do you need?

“Well, do you want to supply things like fingerprints, blood samples, things like that?”

“Sure.”

“Um footwear impressions?”

“Yeah.”

“I think that’s what we’re going to ask you to do.”

Williams starts to offer his first hesitation.

“Can I assume you’re going to be discreet … cause it’s tough to undo the rumour mill once it gets started.”

He gives his swab for DNA analysis, and hands over the boots he is wearing. He says there is no reason for any of his DNA to have been found in any of the homes of the women.

It is when he is asked what type of tires he has on his car that Williams for the first time looks notably concerned.

BBM: WTH? He must honestly think they have nothing on him, for him to agree to this. Cocky.

I need to stop watching The National and the confession video...seeing him talk calmly how he murdered the 2 women makes me sick. When asked why, he doesn't cry, doesn't say he is sick or twisted or that he needs help. All he is worried about is the cops ripping apart his wifes home, when at the time JL's body is still laying outside in the woods where he left her.
I was thinking the same Flip, no remorse, no empathy towards the victims nor their families. He cannot believe what is happening to HIM.

In that interview he only worries about how his wife is feeling about her 'dream house' being ripped apart, but he doesn't worry about:

- how his wife is feeling about what he has done?
- his wife finding out that he likes wearing women underwear?
- how his wife will feel about him raping those women?
- his wife finding out his interest in other women (photographing and such)
- her finding out he murdered Marie and Jessica?

Just about the house? :banghead: Cannot even call it "home" because they had been living there for 1-1/2 months (from Dec. 17, 2009 to Feb. 7th, 2010).

And then we find out that so far she has only worried about the floors being scratched? Unbelievable!

I was thinking the same Flip, no remorse, no empathy towards the victims nor their families. He cannot believe what is happening to HIM.

In that interview he only worries about how his wife is feeling about her 'dream house' being ripped apart, but he doesn't worry about:

- how his wife is feeling about what he has done?
- his wife finding out that he likes wearing women underwear?
- how his wife will feel about him raping those women?
- his wife finding out his interest in other women (photographing and such)
- her finding out he murdered Marie and Jessica?

Just about the house? :banghead: Cannot even call it "home" because they had been living there for 1-1/2 months (from Dec. 17, 2009 to Feb. 7th, 2010).

And then we find out that so far she has only worried about the floors being scratched? Unbelievable!

That "house" must be something special! After all we have heard over the past 3 days, RW is worried about the house being ripped apart and MEH is worried about the floors!!!!

I suspect that he appeals to the snob in RW when he refers to PB. I also like the way Det.Smith at the start of interrogation calls Rw, Russell and as the interview progresses (satisfactorily) the name becomes Russ and finally, simply Bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18