GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed this case and just noticed it today when I saw the mention of Christina St. That is the street we take from the bridge in Sarnia to go to the Canatera Park and Farm. Its one of the main streets that runs the same direction as the water.
When they said the woman had been found and then talked about finding a body. Are they saying its the body of the missing woman? Or that she was found alive and it was some other woman's body? I've never noticed this being a high crime area, of course, we only go there in the daytime and not overnight. We go over from the US in the morning and come back by evening. Sometimes we go the other direction from Canatera Park and go down to the other park where the smaller beach and playground is. The beach they sometimes close due to the water being polluted. Which direction was it that the body was found? To the right or left when you get off the bridge from the US at Port Huron?

I haven't followed this case and just noticed it today when I saw the mention of Christina St. That is the street we take from the bridge in Sarnia to go to the Canatera Park and Farm. Its one of the main streets that runs the same direction as the water.
When they said the woman had been found and then talked about finding a body. Are they saying its the body of the missing woman? Or that she was found alive and it was some other woman's body? I've never noticed this being a high crime area, of course, we only go there in the daytime and not overnight. We go over from the US in the morning and come back by evening. Sometimes we go the other direction from Canatera Park and go down to the other park where the smaller beach and playground is. The beach they sometimes close due to the water being polluted. Which direction was it that the body was found? To the right or left when you get off the bridge from the US at Port Huron?

If you read back, you will find a map with locations of her home, where she was last seen and where the body was found. You will also see a location of an attempted abduction on that map as well (this happened earlier in the fall)
The body is believed to be her but has not been officially id'd as NP...yet.

Here is the map
https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=210398929673044873899.0004d2564808155e6219e&msa=0

To specifically answer your question, she was walking on Christina to the south, or after you turn right off the bridge.

You indirectly answer an question of mine that I had been thinking of asking. I know that a lot of Canadians will cross the bridge into Port Huron (and heading further to Detroit's northern suburbs) to go shopping for deals, but how common is it for people from Port Huron to cross the border into Sarnia? Do many people cross the bridge to go to bars or socialize in Sarnia? I know many Michigan folks will cross the bridge to travel through on a trip to Toronto or other places further away, but I suspect that there weren't too many of those people driving through downtown Sarnia shortly after New Year's Eve.

Responding to the question about differences between the Canadian policing and justice systems, I would say that unless there is a manhunt or LE considers the public at great risk and they are out of active leads, LE will invariably hold their cards very tight to the vest (as they do in many places, but not all, in the U.S.). As for the courts, well the Canadian courts are extremely focused on keeping information under wraps, including publication bans in some cases, to minimize the chance that a jury would be tainted in their opinion ahead of the trial or to protect the victim's family members where the crime was heinous. The press is often kept on a short leash.

JMO

We are awaiting confirmation which sounds like may be later today. FB that is now closed seems to indicate it is Noelle however No MSM confirmation yet. Not a high crime area. Rarely do murders even happen and typically by somebody who the Victim knows. Not some random nutjob running around murdering. Not to say it cant happen. It's just rare. IMO

To specifically answer your question, she was walking on Christina to the south, or after you turn right off the bridge.

You indirectly answer an question of mine that I had been thinking of asking. I know that a lot of Canadians will cross the bridge into Port Huron (and heading further to Detroit's northern suburbs) to go shopping for deals, but how common is it for people from Port Huron to cross the border into Sarnia? Do many people cross the bridge to go to bars or socialize in Sarnia? I know many Michigan folks will cross the bridge to travel through on a trip to Toronto or other places further away, but I suspect that there weren't too many of those people driving through downtown Sarnia shortly after New Year's Eve.

Responding to the question about differences between the Canadian policing and justice systems, I would say that unless there is a manhunt or LE considers the public at great risk and they are out of active leads, LE will invariably hold their cards very tight to the vest (as they do in many places, but not all, in the U.S.). As for the courts, well the Canadian courts are extremely focused on keeping information under wraps, including publication bans in some cases, to minimize the chance that a jury would be tainted in their opinion ahead of the trial or to protect the victim's family members where the crime was heinous. The press is often kept on a short leash.

JMO

We do get 19 and 20 year older crossing to come to our bars and. Clubs.

I do have some random thoughts. In light of no confirmation by Police this is Noelle It feels innapropriate for me to post them. Once we hear I'll post my thought/s.

It appears whoever took the body out to that area wasn't too concerned with her being found quickly or not as there was apparently some visible footprints and concerning imprints in the snow, according to pictures posted on the Facebook site (which has been disabled now). Down the road is a bridge with a relatively large creek/small river running under Mandaumin Rd.

What was in the pic? I am confused as to what someone would see, that far outside the search area, that they would think it would be related to the missing person? Like, where she was found is about 25 kms, from where she was last seen.

It appears whoever took the body out to that area wasn't too concerned with her being found quickly or not as there was apparently some visible footprints and concerning imprints in the snow, according to pictures posted on the Facebook site (which has been disabled now). Down the road is a bridge with a relatively large creek/small river running under Mandaumin Rd.

I saw this pic and it gave me the chills on first sight.

The pic was taken and forwarded to the Police by a 22 year old local Petrolia girl who is claiming her psychic powers led her to the area. I'm finding this a wee bit hard to swallow right now :moo:

Is there a link to the picture, I would like to see it

The pic was taken and forwarded to the Police by a 22 year old local Petrolia girl who is claiming her psychic powers led her to the area. I'm finding this a wee bit hard to swallow right now :moo:

I agree. This whole story and the fact that they called off the search but haven't identified the victim as Noelle makes me believe that someone led them there on purpose or that they already may know who is involved. Just my opinion on what we know so far and I'll wait to hear what the authorities have to say. But while half of Sarnia was searching in and around Sarnia, this Petrolia girl happens to go directly to the area where the body is found? Seems a bit much.

Well, sounds like she and one of her friends are getting attacked for that now.

Wish LE would hurry up with formally identifying the body; there's so much emotion swirling about. The family seems sure it's her (from her brother's FB post).

I have the picture. Hope this is allowed and hope I did this right.

Attachments

• 735121_10151152424951436_2022080727_n.jpg
    735121_10151152424951436_2022080727_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 430
I have the picture. Hope this is allowed and hope I did this right.

The picture that I saw was not focused in on one footprint, but several and one large spot in the snow where something was placed.

That is the large spot, just looks smaller I guess on jpeg. It was where she explained the footprints led up to this. There was also another one that was colored but she said it was the flash from the camera, but same picture I think, just different angle. Unless there was another one I missed.

That is the large spot, just looks smaller I guess on jpeg. It was where she explained the footprints led up to this. There was also another one that was colored but she said it was the flash from the camera, but same picture I think, just different angle. Unless there was another one I missed.

Picture I saw showed footprints going to ditch, a large imprint and footprints going back. It did have an orange glow which was from the flash.

I wish I remembered that name of the person/psychic who posted the pic.

Her brother states on his FB status that he will ensure whoever did this to her will be brought to justice. From that post seems like there was an attack or something.

Picture I saw showed footprints going to ditch, a large imprint and footprints going back. It did have an orange glow which was from the flash.

I wish I remembered that name of the person/psychic who posted the pic.

Her brother states on his FB status that he will ensure whoever did this to her will be brought to justice. From that post seems like there was an attack or something.

I saw that one too!!!

Psychic abilities? I didn't see that yesterday. All I read was the young couple were driving along, took note of a disturbance in the snow ~footprints & possible drag marks ~ photgraphed it & reported the finding which led police to find the body.

So, what's the bullcrapola today about psychic powers having a part in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member