GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in the possible linkage of Noelle's possible murder to the unsolved murder of Karen Lee Ann Coughlin should start here at this excellent website. There are links to the OPP Recovery Scene Photos (not graphic), I need to look up how far apart these sites are.

No child killer should take solace in the passage of time.

UPDATE

****ATTENTION*** THE COMMUNITY OF SARNIA

We would like to hear from anyone who has come forward to do their civic duty pertaining to the unsolved murder of Karen Caughlin. If you have received NO response from the OPP, Crime Stoppers and or were rejected by the Sarnia Police Dept. and you believe your TIP information has never been investigated by the Ontario Provincial Police, we would appreciate if you would please contact us @ caughlink@shaw.ca

http://trevordailey.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/unsolved-investigation-karen-lee-ann-caughlin/

8a815a3051ce29f8f132d94d2ddc6de94.jpg

Hi, new to posting here although I have been a very long time lurker.

At this point I don't think there is a real link to Noelle's death and Karens death aside from both women were left on side roads. Sadly that is not uncommon here. There have been a few women over the years I can think of that it has happened to.

At this point I don't think there is a real link to Noelle's death and Karens death aside from both women were left on side roads. Sadly that is not uncommon here. There have been a few women over the years I can think of that it has happened to.

:wagon: CdnCat. :welcome4:

:seeya:

Gee thanks everyone. If I knew I was going to be so warmly welcomed I would have registered years ago.

Welcome, CdnCat, your insight is appreciated.

I would be interested in knowing the names of the women who have been found in that area over the years, if you are able to think of them right now.

I am just looking at the map, and the location of the 2 recovery areas for both Noelle and Karen are unbelievably close together. Of course, it is FAR too early to even really contemplate a correlation of the 2 events, we don't even know if Noelle's death was a murder. Suffice to say, that for me, the geographical closeness of the two locations is of interest.

Gee thanks everyone. If I knew I was going to be so warmly welcomed I would have registered years ago.

Glad ya jumped in now. Do you remember the names of the other cases? Solved or unsolved?

Off hand in Lambton county there was Shelly Brazeau and Kim Sauve. Richard Boudreau(sp?) was convicted for their deaths. They were found more in the North part of the county. Shelly Mathieu-Reed has not been found but her boyfriend apparently told his sister that she was buried on Churchill Line. (He was convicted) and the fourth one is too fuzzy for me to remember the name or the location she was found. Her husband killed her and put her in a freezer on a side road not too far out of Sarnia.

My family lives just down the road from where she was found. At night it's a a pretty dark area. Not well seen

We are glad you are finally registered and look forward to another addition to our group!

:rocker:

So, I wonder what a "death incident" means???

Lambton OPP spokesperson Const. Chrystal Jones said, "The victim was located in a woodlot on Mandaumin Road between Petrolia Line and Rokeby Line in St Clair township."

Jones said the OPP is investigating "a death incident" in relation to the body.

She asked anyone with a tip to call the Lambton OPP tip line. That number is (855)-835-5677.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/story/2013/01/02/wdr-paquette-noelle-missing-sarnia.html

Are there any major differences in the way crimes are investigated and prosecuted in Canada as opposed to the US? Specifically, I am wondering about warrants, searches, and questioning of suspects.

<edit: pls disregard this post, as these suspects are no longer at large. Thank you. <edit>

These, uh, men were suspected of possibly being in Ontario in September. I would think these guys bailed from Ontario though after this report, assuming they saw it.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/140043-fugitives-may-be-in-ontario

"Police widened their net Thursday in the search for two men sought in the alleged sexual assault and forcible confinement of a teenager in rural Nova Scotia.

Late in the day, Mounties said they have reason to believe David James LeBlanc, 47, and Wayne Alan Cunningham, 31, were travelling in Ontario.

The RCMP said they&#8217;re working with a police agency in that province, but force spokesman Sgt. Alain Leblanc said he could not say if it was a major city such as Toronto or another city or town in Ontario."

These, uh, men were suspected of possibly being in Ontario in September. I would think these guys bailed from Ontario though after this report, assuming they saw it.

"Police widened their net Thursday in the search for two men sought in the alleged sexual assault and forcible confinement of a teenager in rural Nova Scotia.

Late in the day, Mounties said they have reason to believe David James LeBlanc, 47, and Wayne Alan Cunningham, 31, were travelling in Ontario.

The RCMP said they’re working with a police agency in that province, but force spokesman Sgt. Alain Leblanc said he could not say if it was a major city such as Toronto or another city or town in Ontario."

Wayne Cunningham was found dead and David Leblanc was caught.

The RCMP said they’re working with a police agency in that province, but force spokesman Sgt. Alain Leblanc said he could not say if it was a major city such as Toronto or another city or town in Ontario."

Leblanc is in custody, Cunningham dead.

http://www.globalmaritimes.com/pages/story.aspx?id=6442722415

New article:

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/02/lambton-opp-havent-confirmed-identity-of-victim

"&#8220;The OPP is investigating the discovery of a body. That&#8217;s all I can say about that,&#8221; said OPP spokesperson Const. Chrystal Jones, adding there would be no updates until at least noon Thursday. Meanwhile, speculation swirled on social media websites, with many suspecting the dead woman is Noelle Paquette."

I noticed there is also a new phone number for the tipline:
"Anyone with information about the body found in a woodlot on Mandaumin Sideroad, is asked to phone an OPP tipline at 1-855-835-5677."

The RCMP said they&#8217;re working with a police agency in that province, but force spokesman Sgt. Alain Leblanc said he could not say if it was a major city such as Toronto or another city or town in Ontario."

VERY creepy case....the one man was found dead, the other has been caught and is behind bars. There is a thread on this case on WS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185918&highlight=wayne+cunningham

Are there any major differences in the way crimes are investigated and prosecuted in Canada as opposed to the US? Specifically, I am wondering about warrants, searches, and questioning of suspects.

IDK how you do it in the US :) so I'm not sure how different it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jess81jess