GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very much out of the ordinary for a woman to walk home from Sarnia to Courtright at anytime, let alone after 2 AM. The walk would easily be 2-3 hours. If someone were to do this they would probably hitchhike. It's common to see a lot of hitchhikers on this route.

But I highly doubt that this was something she's done before. She doesn't appear to be a hitchhiker type considering that she's in her late twenties, a good job (teacher) and apparently has lots of friends and a stable family. She would probably never need to hitch hike. So I don't think it would be right to suggest that her friends would think it's okay that she walked or hitchhiked home.

With that said, I have no idea how many friends she was with and who or why any of them didn't make sure she got home safe. I'm sure they are all having a hard time dealing with that right now.

Oh, I agree. As soon as I heard that people were saying she was going to walk home from downtown Sarnia to Courtright, it seemed odd to me. That's an impossible walk in the winter, in heels, at night. I don't know anyone who would even consider it.

I also feel terribly bad for her friends who were there that night - what an awful burden to carry with you. This is not their fault, but I am sure they will need time and maybe help to work through the feelings this incident will bring up in them. It is odd that no one made sure she got home safe, but saying that again, we actually don't know what happened.

*EDIT* - as a newbie, I am wondering what "LE" is short for?

As a fellow Londoner myself, welcome to Websleuths! You will soon get used to the terminology here, but to answer your question, LE = Law Enforcement.

I joined back when Tori Stafford was missing, and -despite the tragedies that bring us together here - have found this to be a great community.

Hi, new here. Have been lurking awhile.

I don't live in Sarnia anymore but still have family there and went to the same highschool as Noelle (but am a few years older, I do not know her but was familiar with the family, as they go to my parent's church).

I wasn't too shocked at the lack of information in the media, neither were my parents - it's not that uncommon for the local police to be diligent and discrete in the information they gather and release (in my experience - even in London, which is a much bigger city, I don't find that we get an over-abundance of details when a crime occurs).

As for panic - my parents don't seem too panicked, just angry and sad. I've actually rarely seen my mom so angry. This is an uncommon occurrence for the community. My mom is always worried about her (adult) kids, but even more now she is worried about us (especially myself as I am her only daughter) and is just super upset at the idea of what the Paquettes are going through. My dad just finds the whole thing terrible and awful - a senseless loss of life. I'm traveling to Europe in the near future and she is now even more worried about that, even though I plan to be in daily contact. I have a friend from highschool who is still a good friend to this day and her parents also still live in the Sarnia area. After this happened her mother asked her to please call EVERY DAY before bed so that she'd know everything was ok. My friend thought this was a bit overboard and respectfully declined.

I originally signed onto the message board to respond to the question about the photo at the corner of Petrolia Line and Mandaumin Road - but someone already beat me to it and did a much better job that I would have, anyway.

I'm pretty upset about this whole thing and just really hope they solve it in a timely manner.

Law Enforcement. Noelle's sister is a police officer.

Does anyone know what direction her boyfriend lived, somewhere along the line I heard that her car was parked there, perhaps she was walking to his house. At this point we really have no idea what her intentions were.

As for the boots, alot of people are saying heels...do we know this for fact. Flat heeled boots are all the rage, just saying.

Hi, new here. Have been lurking awhile.

I don't live in Sarnia anymore but still have family there and went to the same highschool as Noelle (but am a few years older, I do not know her but was familiar with the family, as they go to my parent's church).

I wasn't too shocked at the lack of information in the media, neither were my parents - it's not that uncommon for the local police to be diligent and discrete in the information they gather and release (in my experience - even in London, which is a much bigger city, I don't find that we get an over-abundance of details when a crime occurs).

As for panic - my parents don't seem too panicked, just angry and sad. I've actually rarely seen my mom so angry. This is an uncommon occurrence for the community. My mom is always worried about her (adult) kids, but even more now she is worried about us (especially myself as I am her only daughter) and is just super upset at the idea of what the Paquettes are going through. My dad just finds the whole thing terrible and awful - a senseless loss of life. I'm traveling to Europe in the near future and she is now even more worried about that, even though I plan to be in daily contact. I have a friend from highschool who is still a good friend to this day and her parents also still live in the Sarnia area. After this happened her mother asked her to please call EVERY DAY before bed so that she'd know everything was ok. My friend thought this was a bit overboard and respectfully declined.

I originally signed onto the message board to respond to the question about the photo at the corner of Petrolia Line and Mandaumin Road - but someone already beat me to it and did a much better job that I would have, anyway.

I'm pretty upset about this whole thing and just really hope they solve it in a timely manner.

:welcome4: Londoner. :wagon:

:seeya:

Does anyone know what direction her boyfriend lived, somewhere along the line I heard that her car was parked there, perhaps she was walking to his house. At this point we really have no idea what her intentions were.

As for the boots, alot of people are saying heels...do we know this for fact. Flat heeled boots are all the rage, just saying.

Hi Everyone,

I live in Sarnia. The original flyer I saw did give a description of the clothing Noelle was wearing. It did say black high heeled boots.

Hmmm, what could that mean? Death that is not YET classed as homicide but criminal?????

I have no idea what that means. I guess they have to wait for an autopsy to determine how she died before they can call it a homicide? Almost makes you think about the possible scenario that someone mentioned earlier, i.e. struck by a drunk driver and then the driver panicked and tried to hide the body.

I know nothing about the boyfriend but I was told at the search that her car was in Corunna, which is along the same route a Courtright, about half way there.

Regarding the boots, the original missing report I read did say FLAT bottomed, black, knee high fashion boots.

How accurate either of the above are, I have no idea.

Gosh, thanks for the nice welcome, everyone. :) I like your fancy thinga-ma-bobs, IHAVENOCLUE.

I have no idea what that means. I guess they have to wait for an autopsy to determine how she died before they can call it a homicide? Almost makes you think about the possible scenario that someone mentioned earlier, i.e. struck by a drunk driver and then the driver panicked and tried to hide the body.

I would think that CRIMINAL means that she did not die of natural causes and they are investigating further to determine if there is proof of intent/malice to make it a HOMICIDE? Just MOO.

Hi Everyone,

I live in Sarnia. The original flyer I saw did give a description of the clothing Noelle was wearing. It did say black high heeled boots.

:welcome4:Bluewater Girl. :wagon:

Thank you for clarifying the heels vs. flat boots Noelle was wearing!

I know nothing about the boyfriend but I was told at the search that her car was in Corunna, which is along the same route a Courtright, about half way there.

Regarding the boots, the original missing report I read did say FLAT bottomed, black, knee high fashion boots.

How accurate either of the above are, I have no idea.

This is what was posted in local news:

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/01/02/missing-city-woman/

snip " Noelle Paquette is of slim build, 5’1″, with blonde hair. She was wearing a white Columbia jacket, black leather high heeled boots, black pants and a shiny black top. "

This is what was posted in local news:

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/01/02/missing-city-woman/

snip " Noelle Paquette is of slim build, 5’1″, with blonde hair. She was wearing a white Columbia jacket, black leather high heeled boots, black pants and a shiny black top. "

Yeah, I saw that. Tuesday night though, when it first hit social media, I'm sure I read Flat bottomed boots. IDK. I have heard both. Either way, the boots were fashion boots, not winter boots and there is no way she walked to where she was.

:welcome4:Bluewater Girl. :wagon:

Thank you for clarifying the heels vs. flat boots Noelle was wearing!

IHAVENOCLUE, thank you for the welcome! I read here all the time, but just got the account after this happened. I hope the police have some idea of what happened already. I find the picture taking on Mandaumin Road to be strange. There's probably more to that story or the "facts" out there aren't really facts. Maybe someone here that's local knows more? Did the picture girl really remove items from that scene to give to the police later??? I hope that's not true.

Welcome. What is it about the Mandaumin picture that you find strange?

Thanks. Regarding the picture, I find all of it strange. This is what's been said to date:

- the girl saw something on her way home and stopped to take a picture, thinking she'd notify LE in the morning. She then posted the pic on the Missing Noelle facebook page.

- the girl is psychic and went to that site because she had a bad feeling about it. She found the footprints and took a picture and posted it on the Missing Noelle facebook page.

- the girl found a lighter and another item at the Mandaumin site and carefully collected them to give to the police the next day.

When I was reading "psychic" and that articles had been removed, I thought Whoa!

I haven't seen anything in the media about the picture. I'm sure the police do not want any details released regarding what led them to Mandaumin Road. I just wonder what the real story for the picture is. It's prolly the first option above.

Thanks. Regarding the picture, I find all of it strange. This is what's been said to date:

- the girl saw something on her way home and stopped to take a picture, thinking she'd notify LE in the morning. She then posted the pic on the Missing Noelle facebook page.

- the girl is psychic and went to that site because she had a bad feeling about it. She found the footprints and took a picture and posted it on the Missing Noelle facebook page.

- the girl found a lighter and another item at the Mandaumin site and carefully collected them to give to the police the next day.

When I was reading "psychic" and that articles had been removed, I thought Whoa!

I haven't seen anything in the media about the picture. I'm sure the police do not want any details released regarding what led them to Mandaumin Road. I just wonder what the real story for the picture is. It's prolly the first option above.

Welcome to WS Bluewater Girl and for that intriguing info. in your post!

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/01/04/police-presence-at-southend-home/

Blackburnnews.com has learned that a southend Sarnia residence has drawn OPP attention this morning.

Crime tape surrounds a home being searched in the 200 block Cobden Street just west of Russell.
Sarnia Police are referring calls of inquiry to the OPP. That leads to speculation this may be related to the death of a 27 year old Courtight woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member