GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe they met through fetlife and then discovered they both went to Lambton? I really don't know.. All I know is that he went there and she worked there..

She didn't technically "work there" she had a position on the SAC committee... which is the Student Administrative Committee.

It may have been a paid position but would not have been enough to live on.

Via 'Blackburn News Sarnia " Twitter

Paquette Suspects 5th Appearance
April 25th, 2013 11:01am

"The man and woman charged in the shocking New Year’s murder of Noelle Paquette have been remanded in custody to May 23rd. 19 year old Michael MacGregor and 31 year old Tanya Bogdanovich made their fifth appearances by video today. (Thurs) They’re to appear again by video in Sarnia Court in four weeks on charges of first degree murder. For Bogdanovich a date could be set for a Judicial Pre-Trial. A publication ban is imposed on the proceedings. The body of 27 year old school teacher Noelle Paquette was found in a woodlot off Mandaumin Road January 2nd after she had gone missing following a New Year’s Eve party in downtown Sarnia.

Today is "Noelle's Gift of Fitness". For a time, Noelle worked at our local Goodlife Fitness. There are huge fitness events going on there, in her memory today, as well as events going on in other areas of the city, and surrounding towns. One event is a 5km run in our park, all followed by a "winddown" in a local pub tonight with live music etc. All proceeds are going directly to Noelle's Gift, which has now exceeded $80 000. :) (not including funds raised in this event).

Local school children will be directly benefiting from Noelle's generous spirit for many years to come.

What is a judicial pre-trial, and why would only Tanya be referenced? Is it an indicator of who might be facing a more serious charge?

What is a judicial pre-trial, and why would only Tanya be referenced? Is it an indicator of who might be facing a more serious charge?

http://www.aglaw.ca/how-the-criminal-court-system-works/
A Judicial Pre-Trial is meant to have a “without prejudice” discussion with a judge about the case. The judge will provide advice on likely sentencing upon a finding of guilt, assist with disclosure issues, help narrow issues, as well as how he/she may see a matter being determined at trial. While this judge will not be the judge at trial, if both sides agree then a plea can be entered before this judge.

http://vladfedorchuk.com/ontario/32-judicial_pre_trial.html
A Judicial pre-trial is an informal, off the record meeting between the Crown counsel, defence counsel and a Judge. The accused person is not present during the judicial pre-trial. Judicial pre-trial may take place in an empty courtroom (where all members of the public are excluded) or in the Judge’s chambers. Similarly to the Crown pre-trial, the participants typically discuss the anticipated duration of the trial and central issues to be dealt with at the trial. Resolution may also be discussed at the judicial pre-trial stage to get some input from the Judge as to what sentence that Judge would impose in the circumstances of that particular case, if the accused entered a guilty plea.

BBM

This suggests to me that TB may be trying to cut a deal - possibly a guilty plea to a lesser sentence in return for her testimony? and if so, then presumably she is going to say he killed Noelle and that she is 'less guilty' than he is.
All MOO

Thanks Greenthumb for the info. As this is the first one I've followed, I'm not familiar with these kind of cases.... I'm also curious as to why so many remands?

This case is STILL frustrating me and constantly on my mind. I really hope Tanya doesn't get away with pinning it on Michael, as I highly doubt he was the brain of the operation...

Thanks Greenthumb for the info. As this is the first one I've followed, I'm not familiar with these kind of cases.... I'm also curious as to why so many remands?

Just MOO, but I can guess that they are appearing by video link in a 'set date' courtroom, where the defence lawyer and the crown are there and issues would be raised about why more time is needed before going forward.

Some times there is dispute about hiring council - the accused can ask to return at a later date...or could be that the crown is trying to build its case and the defence wants disclosure - as it stands 10 months is the threshold before non-disclosure will give rise to a claim of unreasonable delay (11b of the charter), so the crown definitely can take its time in releasing things - ie police notes, video tapes, crime scene photos as they get them....

again just MOO and could be totally off - but also keep in mind the court system is slammed and currently (at least in toronto) backlogged until the end of Feb 14 for available trial dates of 4 hours or more...it's likely going to be a while

Weird how I was thinking about noelle today and it happened to be court for those two!! Urg. I wish the pb would be lofted so that we could get some answers.
Rip noelle

nothing new going on here lately? check in often

Hey Josie :seeya: Only what has been posted above. Canada has Publication Bans so not much news right now. I'm guessing but I'm thinking Trial will be sometime 2014.

If you wish to post as someone close to the case, directly involved in the case or someone with inside information, we ask that you contact our administration team and become a "verified insider".

You may contact Admin here: wsverify@xmission.com

Please include the following in your email:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

We do this to protect all members.

It is a painless process and won't take long.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/05/2...irst-degree-murder-in-death-of-sarnia-teacher

Nor sure if this has been posted but article does have a few dates within. Article is from May.

Thanks Bravo. Was just checking in here.

From the above link:
"Their next appearance in Sarnia court has been set for Sept. 12.

Each face a charge of first degree murder.

Meanwhile, a pretrial hearing has also been set in London for August 23, which is not open to the public."

Also, I checked the Prayers for Noelle Facebook page. It looks like events are still being held in her honor, most recently a fun day for kids event.

Thanks Bravo. Was just checking in here.

From the above link:
"Their next appearance in Sarnia court has been set for Sept. 12.

Each face a charge of first degree murder.

Meanwhile, a pretrial hearing has also been set in London for August 23, which is not open to the public."

Also, I checked the Prayers for Noelle Facebook page. It looks like events are still being held in her honor, most recently a fun day for kids event.

Yes, there was a "Fun Family Day" yesterday put on by "Noelle's Gift", the charity started in her name. Event was hosted at out local splash pad/park in one of the poorer areas of town. Lots of kids got free access to the splash pad, snacks, jumping castles etc.

As I may have stated before, Noelle's family has been in touch with several local schools and is directly funding many things for underprivileged kids in our community, with the Noelle's Gift money. It is going to make a huge difference for some of these kids.

Yes, there was a "Fun Family Day" yesterday put on by "Noelle's Gift", the charity started in her name. Event was hosted at out local splash pad/park in one of the poorer areas of town. Lots of kids got free access to the splash pad, snacks, jumping castles etc.

As I may have stated before, Noelle's family has been in touch with several local schools and is directly funding many things for underprivileged kids in our community, with the Noelle's Gift money. It is going to make a huge difference for some of these kids.

How wonderful they are doing that in Noelle's honour. In her death, other children are being helped. Very kind.

There is a 5K and 10K run and walk in Noelle's honour Oct. 5th as well. It is a night run. Good things are happening because of Noelle. It is remarkable how her family and friends have honoured her and kept her name in the media.

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/08/23/judicial-pre-trial-today/

A Judicial Pre-Trial is taking place today for the man and woman charged in the shocking New Year’s murder of Noelle Paquette.

A judicial pre-trial is a closed door discussion involving a judge, crown and defense counsel that addresses how the matter will proceed.

The pre-trial for 19 year old Michael MacGregor and 31 year old Tanya Bogdanovich was scheduled to get underway at 11 at the London Courthouse.

The pair is charged with first degree murder in the 27 year old school teachers death after she went missing on New Year’s Eve.

MacGregor and Bogdanovich have another scheduled video court appearance in Sarnia September 12th.

A publication ban is imposed on the proceedings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back