GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When they released the composite of the Scarborough Rapist

it's unfortunate the police initially let PB go --especially w/ such a close resemblence to the composite-- b/c they thought he was too polite, too educated, too likeable... to be so violent

tumblr_m1iyfadLiL1rriwpro1_500.jpg

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/scarborough%20rapist

WOW. How did they miss that one? And where have we heard that before? Hundreds of times. jmo

They had his D.N.A.They just hadn't put two and two together at that point.Scarborough hadn't crossed referenced to Niagara.D.N.A was still in the early stages back then.That's my opinion anyway.

And D.N.A. profiling was costly and time consuming.

untrue. leslie was back home after walking to the store to make a phone call and PB pulled a knife on her and ordered her into his car. the store had no role in her disppearance at all.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20101627,00.html

<modsnip> heck I was only 13'14 at best had never seen or heard pf murders and abductions up untill this happend and like i said i remember it in pieces it was a scary thing when i was so young all we knew is my baseball teamate had a friend from school disappear and it happend just minutes down the road near mac's a place that i would frequentlly use so to be honest i was scared <modsnip> .I never said anything to be actuall fact its all just how i remember it so sorry for telling you how it was from a young kid that was in alot of ways connected to what happend. <modsnip>

...a young kid that was in alot of ways connected to what happend. <modsnip>

the families of leslie and kristen were connected to what happened.
the friends of leslie and kristen were connected to what happened.
the families of PB and KH were connected to what happened.
the friends of PB and KH were connected to what happened.
the members of LE who investigated the crimes were connected to what happened.
the fishermen who found leslie's dismembered body were connected to what happened.
the man who found kristen's battered body was connected to what happened.
the scarborough rapist's victims were connected to what happened.

<modsnip>

I think it's a false report that he is working in the Prison Library. IMO. To tell it to a Victims Mother is beyond cruel. If he was he would have been offed by now and no prison is going to provide the security for him to do so. Not to mention put their staff at risk. IMO. Last I heard which was some time ago from folks who have laid eyes on him he isn't doing so well. YEAH!!!!! LOL

<modsnip> heck I was only 13'14 at best had never seen or heard pf murders and abductions up untill this happend and like i said i remember it in pieces it was a scary thing when i was so young all we knew is my baseball teamate had a friend from school disappear and it happend just minutes down the road near mac's a place that i would frequentlly use so to be honest i was scared <modsnip> .I never said anything to be actuall fact its all just how i remember it so sorry for telling you how it was from a young kid that was in alot of ways connected to what happend. <modsnip>

No worries. It was a very terrifying time :seeya:

I think it's a false report that he is working in the Prison Library. IMO. To tell it to a Victims Mother is beyond cruel. If he was he would have been offed by now and no prison is going to provide the security for him to do so. Not to mention put their staff at risk. IMO.

donna french tells the reporter she received a letter from "them" (Correctional Service of Canada) so i would think that would confirm the report.

could he not work in the library alone, when it's closed to others? (if safety was a factor)?

have there ever been reports that PB put staff/guards in an unsafe position? i haven't heard any...

donna french tells the reporter she received a letter from "them" (Correctional Service of Canada) so i would think that would confirm the report.

could he not work in the library alone, when it's closed to others? (if safety was a factor)?

have there ever been reports that PB put staff/guards in an unsafe position? i haven't heard any...

I'm speechless. No I have not read of any unsafe position. I was just referencing the fact if somebody went after him and Staff is required to break it up. Now is this privilege new? Has he been moved from Kingston? He is a monster who belongs in a cage:stormingmad:

I'm speechless. No I have not read of any unsafe position. I was just referencing the fact if somebody went after him and Staff is required to break it up. Now is this privilege new? Has he been moved from Kingston? He is a monster who belongs in a cage:stormingmad:

were you not able to watch the video? DF stated she thought it was not a new development... and by working he's able to earn monies for "extras"... grrr.

according to this article, inmates make just under $7/day if they work inside a prison... but officials want to decrease the amount to help pay for incarceration costs:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/11/federal-inmates-face-30-pay-cut-next-april

latest reports are PB has not been moved yet. links upthread.

I will watch. Started it then many interruptions. Thanks for the update and the info. I think. It's beyond maddening. I liked hearing how he looked feral from deprivation :stormingmad: Thought maybe he had been moved recently and was given these privileges.

Some snippets from the Toronto Sun article:

Sporting a recent ankle tattoo that says &#8220;Paul&#8217;s girl&#8221; in cursive writing, she has been corresponding with Bernardo since last fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to the unnamed woman&#8217;s father, his daughter is &#8220;brilliant but psychologically and emotionally fragile and lacking in street smarts.&#8221;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The father said he and his wife confronted their daughter earlier this year after learning she had been corresponding with Bernardo in order to &#8220;research&#8221; a book. He believes reality has set in for his daughter and he is hoping she has &#8220;abandoned the ill-conceived plan.&#8221;

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/03/paul-bernardo-to-marry

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/07/20140703-071434.html

"One is that it's appalling that there would be any woman would want to wed him after knowing the horrific, sadistic, violent, sexual crimes that Bernardo perpetrated against innocent girls and the Scarborough rape victims," Danson said this week. "How could anyone be in love with this man and want to marry him?

"Second, the very thought that Bernardo would be reaching out and want to marry someone, even though he's going spend the rest of his life in jail, is further proof of how delusional and how dangerous he really is."

If the French and Mahaffy families could, Danson said, they would strongly oppose any conjugal visits for him.

He wondered whether the cultivation of a relationship was a ploy that Bernardo was using to boost his non-existent chances of obtaining parole, which first arises in 2018.

"If this is some kind of superficial trick to assist any parole possibilities, my view is he'll be incredibly disappointed," Danson said"

bbm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back