Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was connected to her friend.
Having your facebook filled with csi murder games might not mean anything at all but at the same time it might give a screwed up mind sick ideas.
I could be wrong but I heard that on the fb page of the friends girlfriend she had a status saying.. "can i get away with it" or something down that line, later when I checked her facebool I only saw a lot of crime & murder game shares.
The friends girlfriend was also to be said gone camping the day it happened & returned home when samantha was reported missing to be with her girlfriend

For now, it looks like a 22 year old male is the focus of the investigation:

"He is being questioned by police and could appear in court tomorrow."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...laying-leads-to-arrest-of-young-man-1.3150404

That said, if he doesn't have a car, then someone helped him dispose of Samantha.

From what I know yes... It can go that way. Just cause someone is arrested doesn't mean they are charged. I'm not an expert or anything. But from my understanding that's how it works.

Thank you. That's what I thought. He has been detained for questioning (meaning he is not free to leave). Can they hold him 48 hours without charges? ... do you know how long he can be held without charges? If he remains silent, and there is no forensic evidence to support charges, he will be released. In the rest of Canada, a suspect is not allowed to have a lawyer present during police questioning. Is the same true in Quebec? I'm assuming that is true in Quebec too?

Thank you. That's what I thought. He has been detained for questioning (meaning he is not free to leave). Can they hold him 48 hours without charges? ... do you know how long he can be held without charges? If he remains silent, and there is no forensic evidence to support charges, he will be released. In the rest of Canada, a suspect is not allowed to have a lawyer present during police questioning. Is the same true in Quebec? I'm assuming that is true in Quebec too?

You have the right to an attorney. You don't have to say anything without your lawyer present. I got arrested once and that's what I was told. I spoke without one though. They made me sign a promis to appear and I was let go... Obviously it wasn't a murder investigation though.

Shocking news although I'm glad the police investigation is moving quickly. I've been following the news of this tragic event this past week. I was also reading the Facebook posts until they became private. One thing has been bothering me. Someone posted a screen cap of the text conversation several days ago on FB. I can't remember who. In it, Samantha wrote 'yeah' not 'yup'. I found that so odd when all of the media outlets have mentioned 'yup'. It also ended with her writing 'mush' and there was an exchange of 'xo's. Did anyone else see it? Maybe it wasn't the real thing.

From before the arrest, I presume:

She met her fiancé in high school. They were high school sweethearts, Higgins said. They had two kids together, now three years old and 10 weeks old.

The children have stayed with him since last week as the family readies to tell them what happened, Higgins said. She’s been reading books and trying to figure out the best way to do so. They want to make sure they can do it without breaking down, she said.

“This has taken its toll on him,” Higgins said Monday afternoon. She added that he hasn’t left the house or the kids yet.

“My heart feels really bad for him, when I see him I can’t even think of my own feelings.”

Samantha moved back home during her pregnancy, and continued to call each day after moving back out.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/samantha-higgins-was-such-a-sweet-soul-her-devastated-mother-says

and this:

Monday was one of the first days since that Higgins and her husband Daniel Jones have found themselves alone.

They spent the morning with Samantha’s children and her fiancé, they said. The oldest, Anna, turns four on Wednesday so Claudia wanted to bring her over gifts.

They stopped at the McDonald’s on Newman Ave. on their way — where candles still sit from a vigil held Friday night — to pick up chicken nuggets that Anna loves. The manager gave them the food for free.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/samantha-higgins-was-such-a-sweet-soul-her-devastated-mother-says

The photo linked to above matches the exterior of the building at the address of a JF (relation?) mentioned above (property records?) -you can see this on google street view. It seems like the crime techs are entering the second door because the inner door is already ajar. It's difficult to know whether that door belongs to the ground floor condo (RDC) that would have access to the garage (and therefore concealed access to the apartment) or the upstairs condo which can only be reached from the exterior doors.

From before the arrest, I presume:

She met her fiancé in high school. They were high school sweethearts, Higgins said. They had two kids together, now three years old and 10 weeks old.

The children have stayed with him since last week as the family readies to tell them what happened, Higgins said. She’s been reading books and trying to figure out the best way to do so. They want to make sure they can do it without breaking down, she said.

“This has taken its toll on him,” Higgins said Monday afternoon. She added that he hasn’t left the house or the kids yet.

“My heart feels really bad for him, when I see him I can’t even think of my own feelings.”

Samantha moved back home during her pregnancy, and continued to call each day after moving back out.

Moving home with mom could mean one of two things: Samantha needed help with her daughter and personal care during the pregnancy and dad wasn't helping, or there was some type of abuse in the marriage and Samantha was safer with her mom.

So the duplex is owned by his parents? Do they all live together? I'm thinking yes. And they better not gave aided their son in any way if that is the case! In the Gazette article it mentions that Samantha moved back home to her moms while she was pregnant. I wonder if they were having problems in their relationship? I wonder where the daughter lived.. If she came to grandmas with mom or stayed with dad and the (possible) in laws? This case is far from resolved.

... In the rest of Canada, a suspect is not allowed to have a lawyer present during police questioning. Is the same true in Quebec? I'm assuming that is true in Quebec too?

A suspect is always allowed to have a lawyer present when questioned by police in Canada. Did you mean something different?

http://svan.ca/police-rights/

Other arrests being made in Hinchinbrooke, according to facebook comments, can anyone confirm this ?

Many guests here (40 ) sign up and add your voice to the conversation !

Same article says that crime scene investigators were combing through her fiancées car which was parked in front of the house.
So he had a vehicle.

Yes. His or his parent's because...
The video at the same link as the article mentions that the fiancee's mother lives in the downstairs apartment. That means that NF (and family :( ) either lived upstairs or in a basement apartment. The street view shows extra doors at the garage level so there may be a basement apartment in the same building...

ETA: I listened again to the video and the mother of NF lived "en bas" = below. So if NF is the offender and the crime scene is the upstairs apartment...that does indeed make for a tricky disposal.

Same article says that crime scene investigators were combing through her fiancées car which was parked in front of the house.
So he had a vehicle.

Last time I seen them they didn't have a car... It's possible he has one now... Or it's his parents.

It's just another one of those insurmountably sad cases of utter, utter waste. The baby shower pictures are heart-wrenching. Samantha, for you I believe in a good place after death, a place where one day you can hold your babies close to you again.
And we are all strangers, but we'll not let your name ever be forgotten.

Rest softly.

Good grief. Who can you trust any more?!

So it sounds like her own fiancé murdered and dismember her. I think many people had that thought very early on, but were too afraid to go there right away kwim. The whole dismembering act was very personal and made me believe she knew her murderer. By cutting off her legs he made a huge statement...she wasn't going anywhere again. Was he upset she went out that night leaving him home with their wee ones? Did he think she was not with who she said she was with, or where she said she would be? SH lived at home with her mother during part of her pregnancy...sounds like a long standing troubled relationship perhaps. MOO.

My condolences go out to her loved ones. Rest in peace Samantha. Justice is coming.

Yes. His or his parent's because...
The video at the same link as the article mentions that the fiancee's mother lives in the downstairs apartment. That means that NF (and family :( ) either lived upstairs or in a basement apartment. The street view shows extra doors at the garage level so there may be a basement apartment in the same building...

ETA: I listened again to the video and the mother of NF lived "en bas" = below. So if NF is the offender and the crime scene is the upstairs apartment...that does indeed make for a tricky disposal.

Unless of course he picked her up en route home that night then lying to her that his mother was caring for the wee ones, or perhaps he had them in the car or he may have left them in their beds at home hoping they wouldn't awake. Maybe he suggested they go for a drive in the country and he carried out her murder somewhere isolated. There may be little or no evidence in their house or car. What would be important to know is; was it premeditated, accidental or a heat of the moment murder? If premeditated, I figure he would have planned it better and not have taken the risk of leaving evidence in the house kwim. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back