Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Shannon could have discovered the problem with the brakes at 2AM early Wednesday morning, but it's not really conceivable that she discovered the problem in Calgary at 2AM Wednesday, and then arranged for a ride to/from Edmonton the following day, spent six hours driving to and from Edmonton, "hung out" with many friends in Edmonton, successfully auditioned for a film part, and she left on Wednesday morning for a round trip to Edmonton ... returning at about 9PM on Wednesday. That's an awful lot to do in 19 hours ... and then wander off 4.5 hours later at 12:30AM without a cell phone or a car.

The husband's timeline is irrelevant. He was home at 12:30AM Nov 27 when Shannon was home. Now she is missing. He did not report her missing. Her cell phone was in their shared accommodation for five days, her car was parked outside, yet he did not notify her family that something didn't seem right. Her family had to wait until he was home after work five days later to learn that she was not at home, so they phoned police late Monday, Dec 1.

There's no reason to doubt posts that were made at 2AM on Nov 26. They were made 19 hours prior to her disappearance, and she was seen at home after that time.

If the husband did something, he should come clean, safe her family the grief, and face the consequences. It's better that he claims crime of passion and takes his 10 years than fighting it and risking 25 ... however, if there was an issue with a damaged brake line that was not caused by rust, then he's looking at 25 years no matter what.
Can you link where "she hung out with friends in Edmonton?" That is not the information reported by her family and friends.

We also have no confirmation from LE that the time she was *last seen* - That was only reported by the husband and family reiterated his statement. If the husband is a suspect, then his timeline may not be accurate.

She posted about her brakes at 11:54 p.m. on November 25th - one day before her audition.

Her friend said that the casting director was the person who last saw her Edmonton, not a friend. That is why I doubt she made a trip out of it.

If she was presumably last seen on November 27th at 12:30 a.m. and she posted at 9:00 on the 26th that she was sorry she didn't make it back in time for the YY's event, that means she either got her car fixed before she left, she got a ride or she was there longer.

Shannon's sister stated clearly that Shannon was in good spirits and that she "hung out" with many friends in Edmonton.

That would be Tuesday shortly before midnight rather than Wednesday shortly after midnight. I think it's the same difference ... chances are that she was in Edmonton when she made that post because there isn't enough time in the day to be solving car trouble, arranging another ride, round trip to Edmonton, audition, etc. ... unless she never planned to take her car in the first place, and an alternate ride was already arranged.

Was anyone else from Calgary cast for a part in the film?

Why didn't she go directly to Yuk Yuks if she arrived back in Calgary around 9PM? Wouldn't she have tickets in her wallet? ... or was the show already over?

If she arrived in Calgary around 9PM, she left Edmonton at 6PM. She had the audition, which presumably takes time. According to her sister, she hung out with lots of friends. How could she have done all of that and driven from Calgary to Edmonton that morning after being up late the night before with broken brakes?

Shannon's sister stated clearly that Shannon was in good spirits and that she "hung out" with many friends in Edmonton.

That would be Tuesday shortly before midnight rather than Wednesday shortly after midnight. I think it's the same difference ... chances are that she was in Edmonton when she made that post because there isn't enough time in the day to be solving car trouble, arranging another ride, round trip to Edmonton, audition, etc. ... unless she never planned to take her car in the first place, and an alternate ride was already arranged.

Was anyone else from Calgary cast for a part in the film?

Why didn't she go directly to Yuk Yuks if she arrived back in Calgary around 9PM? Wouldn't she have tickets in her wallet? ... or was the show already over?

If she arrived in Calgary around 9PM, she left Edmonton at 6PM. She had the audition, which presumably takes time. According to her sister, she hung out with lots of friends. How could she have done all of that and driven from Calgary to Edmonton that morning after being up late the night before with broken brakes?
The sister reported that she *frequently* hangs out with friends in Edmonton - Not that she did this trip.

The last reported sighting of her in Edmonton was the casting director, not a friend.

Can you link where "she hung out with friends in Edmonton?" That is not the information reported by her family and friends.

We also have no confirmation from LE that the time she was *last seen* - That was only reported by the husband and family reiterated his statement. If the husband is a suspect, then his timeline may not be accurate.

BBM

Press Conference: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=507836
- during questions with Shannon's sister Erin Madill

We know exactly when Shannon was last seen. That information is also available in the press conference. She was last seen at 12:30AM Nov 27, 2014. There has been no contact, or electronic information, from her whatsoever since that time.

Yes, the husband reported when he last saw her. No one else has come forward with a more recent time. Regardless of the accuracy of 12:30AM that the husband last saw his wife, no one saw her after that time.

BBM

Press Conference: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=507836
- during questions with Shannon's sister Erin Madill

We know exactly when Shannon was last seen. That information is also available in the press conference. She was last seen at 12:30AM Nov 27, 2014. There has been no contact, or electronic information, from her whatsoever since that time.

Yes, the husband reported when he last saw her. No one else has come forward with a more recent time. Regardless of the accuracy of 12:30AM that the husband last saw his wife, no one saw her after that time.
LE have not yet made a statement to confirm that time. If the husband is a suspect, the timeframe is invalid.

It has been two weeks since LE have made a public statement regarding the case timeframe. They very well could have received tips to contradict this scenario.

did she arrive home in Calgary or did she go elsewhere, then went home, dropped off the car and headed out again? with two events wrapping up round midnight, there was likely an after party she might have heard of, which are so common that they aren't really given a second thought.

I wish friends of hers would chime in and say, "yeah, we were all going to meet at the Vicious Circle or The Ship or something to that effect."

as for cellphones,, I used to have two, one for more business formal stuff and another for frivolities. her phone at home might have been her straight and narrow phone.

Attachments

• hung_out_friends.jpg
    hung_out_friends.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 145
The husband's timeline is irrelevant. He was home at 12:30AM Nov 27 when Shannon was home. Now she is missing. He did not report her missing. Her cell phone was in their shared accommodation for five days, her car was parked outside, yet he did not notify her family that something didn't seem right. Her family had to wait until he was home after work five days later to learn that she was not at home, so they phoned police late Monday, Dec 1.

It is a lot frankly, her phone being there, her car in the driveway, the dog not taken care of by Shannon, the mail/newspaper untouched, food untouched. One would think he would have noticed she had not been around for days on a row, after having left in the middle of the night.

I have no idea if she had a pattern of leaving for days on a row, it is possible, if not I would have expected JB to contact her family or friends at some point, even if he had something to do with her leaving, since keeping quiet that someone hasn't been home for days while this is completely unusual is kind of suspicious, so maybe it was not unusual? If so at least I would expect her to make arrangements of sorts with JB, about the dog amongst other things, IMO.

It is a lot frankly, her phone being there, her car in the driveway, the dog not taken care of by Shannon, the mail/newspaper untouched, food untouched. One would think he would have noticed she had not been around for days on a row, after having left in the middle of the night.

I have no idea if she had a pattern of leaving for days on a row, it is possible, if not I would have expected JB to contact her family or friends at some point, even if he had something to do with her leaving, since keeping quiet that someone hasn't been home for days while this is completely unusual is kind of suspicious, so maybe it was not unusual? If so at least I would expect her to make arrangements of sorts with JB, about the dog amongst other things, IMO.

A lot was going on in those 22 hours between the time that she had brake trouble, and the time that she reported that she was too late for Yuk Yuks. Then poof. Car left behind - with or without working brakes (unknown), cell phone left behind - with or without working battery (unknown), film left high and dry because their actor is "missing", dog abandoned (the one she walked every day as she practiced voice work for children's online books), immediate family seriously concerned - husband apparently unconcerned; still did nothing after hearing from the family that she was missing for five days.

This simply doesn't add up properly.

A lot was going on in those 22 hours between the time that she had brake trouble, and the time that she reported that she was too late for Yuk Yuks. Then poof. Car left behind - with or without working brakes (unknown), cell phone left behind - with or without working battery (unknown), film left high and dry because their actor is "missing", dog abandoned (the one she walked every day as she practiced voice work for children's online books), immediate family seriously concerned - husband apparently unconcerned; still did nothing after hearing from the family that she was missing for five days.

This simply doesn't add up properly.

I agree Otto. Somehow though due to things that have been said certain reactions of her family and such I think there is a possibillity that Shannon is fed up, and is staying somewhere not willing to let anyone know where she is, just a feeling.

nope, no and never,, it's really hard to not notice your brakes getting thin and it's not like she would have had a car that was on the heavy side like years ago. when your brakes are going they chug-g-g-ger. are you suggesting that her fluids were tampered with?

Well, she said the brakes on her 'car went to s#!*' so I interpreted this as a surprise, or sudden, like she just got back from driving and just noticed they went to s#!*.

I've always noticed my brakes 'going' as a slower process, brake pads wearing down, like Micheline mentioned upthread. But maybe her post just meant it was the icing on the cake to top things off if she was having a wave of bad luck of sorts.

The post and brakes is suspicious to me though for some reason. Fluids tampered with? Maybe…..

I just sleuthed the dog! You got me thinking about the dog and I feel the dog is relevant.

I just looked at SB's FB again her introduction to the dog in the photo says 'my dog' and 'I was going to' in regards to naming the dog. There wasn't a 'we got a dog' and 'we decided to name him' so either she wasn't with JB at the time or the dog is hers prior to the relationship or marriage.

I don't believe she would've left her dog, if it is indeed hers.

I just sleuthed the dog! You got me thinking about the dog and I feel the dog is relevant.

I just looked at SB's FB again her introduction to the dog in the photo says 'my dog' and 'I was going to' in regards to naming the dog. There wasn't a 'we got a dog' and 'we decided to name him' so either she wasn't with JB at the time or the dog is hers prior to the relationship or marriage.

I don't believe she would've left her dog, if it is indeed hers.

what kind of dog?

Incorrect. The sister said that Shannon "hung out" with friends.
This screen shot captures the time

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=507836
She clearly says SB hung out with friends "the previous weekend".

She also says "she left" in referencing the plans she made with her brother. It is pure imagination that she is quoting the husband. Those are her own words, as she searches for a description of her sister's disappearance.

Otto - I just wanted to confirm that SB's post on her FB in regard to her brakes was posted at 11:54am Calgary time (it shows up as 2am 'my time', which is EST, which is 2 hours ahead).. so midnight on Nov 25th (Tuesday).

How do we know she had an audition on the Wednesday (Nov 26th) in Edmonton?

on the second line of images on google you can see her vehicle. Google > "josh burgess" alberta <
my two vehicles are older than hers and one has 420,000 km's,, either she rode the brakes or they are just crappy brakes. sadly, I can't open the picture because it takes me to a pay to view herald page, so can someone else upload it?

We do not know she left in the middle of the night. That was pure imagination posted as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maddyka