Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression (from SB's sister at the presser) that SB had been in Edmonton on the weekend prior to her disappearance. I wondered therefore, if she was in Edmonton from the weekend prior (November 22/23) until 9:15pm on Wed. Nov 26th, when SB posted on her FB that she arrived back in Calgary too late to attend the 'swap' event at YukYuk's. If so, that would be about 5 days that she was in Edmonton prior to arriving home in Calgary and then going missing 3 hours later. So either SB was in Edmonton both on the weekend and then again on the Wednesday, or she stayed right through for the 5 days. If 5 days, then it would be easy to see why JB wouldn't panic...... but of course depending on whether it was normal for SB NOT to take her own vehicle. I haven't really seen any indication that the dog still exists. When was the last time she posted a photo or a comment about her beautiful dog?

This is the timeline that I have been able to put together:

Nov 25 (Tues night): 11:54pm (Calgary time) (almost midnight Tuesday) SB made this comment on her FB: "And then the brakes on my car went to ****... Starting to wonder who I pissed off enough to curse me"

Nov 26 (Wed evening): 9:15pm (almost one full day later) SB posted this on Yuk Yuk's Calgary Development Night's FB page: "So sad I didn't make it back into Calgary in time for the show"

Nov 26 (Wed evening): 10:06pm (almost an hour after arriving home from Edmonton) SB made this comment on her FB: "I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance"

Nov 27 (Wed night just after midnight/Thurs am): 12:30am (only 2.5 hours after making her last public FB post, and only 3.25 hours after arriving back home from presumably Edmonton) - husband reports this is the last time he saw her at which time he reported she was at the matrimonial home; she has never been seen nor heard from since, as far as what has been publicly reported by LE or MSM

Stan.. try this... someone on WS enlightened me awhile ago and it works like a charm:
When you see the link you want to go to in google, instead of clicking on it (because it wants you to buy the newspaper subscription instead of showing you the article/photo), right click on it, and choose 'private browser'.. it will open a new browser and the newspaper won't bug you to buy.

on the second line of images on google you can see her vehicle. Google > "josh burgess" alberta <
my two vehicles are older than hers and one has 420,000 km's,, either she rode the brakes or they are just crappy brakes. sadly, I can't open the picture because it takes me to a pay to view herald page, so can someone else upload it?

Brakes gone for ****, is very different than brakes failed, almost crashed, scary moment, could have been killed, and many other dramatic ways people would describe a scary moment... which would be the focus, if there was a scary moment. It sounds more of an annoyance.

If you ignore or don't hear the pad wear squelch, you will eventually wear into the calipers, which can create a hell of a grinding noise and feel. The master cylinder can go, which will make the brakes hard or spongy. In cold weather, the road salts can make brakes sticky when you start driving, and the emergency brake can freeze on.

There are many different possible scenarios... some need a mechanic, some don't.

The post that strikes me the oddest is the Alliance post about getting knocked up and whoring... If you want to discuss jealousy and anger... and in particular... the timing.

Was it real or pretend? Was it her that posted it?

I was trying to find the link that stan laurel had posted above, when I came upon this, which gives us more info on JB's employment, at least from back in August 2014 (National Energy Board). Looks like his hours are 8am to 3:30pm M to F... so it would make sense that on a Wednesday night at 12:30 in the morning, he would need to get to bed if he were going to be at work on time. He could have very well retired for the night, and then never saw SB again after that, and wouldn't perhaps have necessarily known if she was flitting off somewhere for a day or five.. also, if her brakes were NOT yet fixed, then it would make sense that she would have left her car. Who knows?:

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=167712&lcn=313070&lct=L&srchtype=&so=ASC&sf=nov-san&lci=&str=1&ltnf=1

Also: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/josh-burgess/90/889/88

Yes very true. One time I had a partner who fancied himself as a budding mechanic. He changed the pads or shoes on my car one day and thankfully *he* took it to work, instead of *me*, to make sure they worked okay. He crashed because he hadn't known enough to bleed the lines. Any other time, the only way I know I have brake issues are when I hear that horrible grinding (which really isn't an emergency), or when they might become a bit 'soft' (which really isn't an emergency), or.. if one might go through a great big puddle/water thing, they might need to be pumped in order to work.. other than those things, how would a 25 y/o budding actress even know her brakes went for a s**t? I'm wondering if she came home from Edmonton with them the way they were, and then just parked the car until she had the funds to fix.

Brakes gone for ****, is very different than brakes failed, almost crashed, scary moment, could have been killed, and many other dramatic ways people would describe a scary moment... which would be the focus, if there was a scary moment. It sounds more of an annoyance.

If you ignore or don't hear the pad wear squelch, you will eventually wear into the calipers, which can create a hell of a grinding noise and feel. The master cylinder can go, which will make the brakes hard or spongy. In cold weather, the road salts can make brakes sticky when you start driving, and the emergency brake can freeze on.

There are many different possible scenarios... some need a mechanic, some don't.

The post that strikes me the oddest is the Alliance post about getting knocked up and whoring... If you want to discuss jealousy and anger... and in particular... the timing.

Was it real or pretend? Was it her that posted it?

It seems she posted from Calgary at 9;15pm Calgary time on Wed Nov 26th, and then again at 10:06pm. Then went missing sometime after 12;30am.

did she post her last post from home or prior to going home?

Can't find.. can you hover over the link on google and post the address?

on the second line of images on google you can see her vehicle. Google > "josh burgess" alberta <
my two vehicles are older than hers and one has 420,000 km's,, either she rode the brakes or they are just crappy brakes. sadly, I can't open the picture because it takes me to a pay to view herald page, so can someone else upload it?

It seems she posted from Calgary at 9;15pm Calgary time on Wed Nov 26th, and then again at 10:06pm. Then went missing sometime after 12;30am.

but she could have posted from anywhere, and if the post on whoring was read at home that could have triggered something. though a reminiscent post, it is also kinda loud.

"I will forever miss the man"... why? Did he go somewhere? Is she going somewhere?

Or is it just chapter's end in their role play?

Can't find.. can you hover over the link on google and post the address?

the pic is so tiny for me to see and someone just wrote to tell me that the pic is the bad driver vid that went viral not sb's.

now I know what the dog is, I want to know what the car is?

"I will forever miss the man"... why? Did he go somewhere? Is she going somewhere?

Or is it just chapter's end in their role play?

maybe the man in role-play mode was later discovered to be more the man than in real life???

I think someone else posted this too

on the field and donning a duct tape and foam cailagh (<?sp), he could live out the fantasy of pure ruffian barbarian, while at home he reverted to a mild mannered accountant or some such thing.

Regarding SB's final public post on FB which was just less than 2.5 hours prior to when she was last seen by her estranged husband.. the weird post.. the post was noted by a commenter on a newspaper story, and a person seemingly 'in the know', posted this response:

The comment on facebook is about a game she used to play with us called Alliance LARP. Nothing else. It talked about fictional characters not herself. Please people don't assume and provide the police or crime stoppers with any information you may have that would help.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

Regarding SB's final public post on FB which was just less than 2.5 hours prior to when she was last seen by her estranged husband.. the weird post.. the post was noted by a commenter on a newspaper story, and a person seemingly 'in the know', posted this response:

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago
... which... is too quick to dismiss, and is too strong a defence of the group.

The timing and wording is odd, and inconsistent with everything else posted previously.

Yes.. it's odd.. such a post.. and then kaboom, missing 2 hours and 25 minutes later. If SB returned to Calgary (presumably from Edmonton), and did not go straight home, and instead went somewhere else.. and made that post.. and then arrived home at say, around 12;30.. for all we know.. SB could have made that post about not making it back to Calgary in time, FROM YukYuk's, where she went straight to upon arriving in the city, and found nobody there?

but she could have posted from anywhere, and if the post on whoring was read at home that could have triggered something. though a reminiscent post, it is also kinda loud.

Yes.. it's odd.. such a post.. and then kaboom, missing 2 hours and 25 minutes later. If SB returned to Calgary (presumably from Edmonton), and did not go straight home, and instead went somewhere else.. and made that post.. and then arrived home at say, around 12;30.. for all we know.. SB could have made that post about not making it back to Calgary in time, FROM YukYuk's, where she went straight to upon arriving in the city, and found nobody there?
There was also an Alliance pub night that night.

I think it kind of makes sense.. it isn't really out of the blue like it might seem..

SB posts that her brakes have gone for a s**t and she's starting to wonder who she p.o'd enough to 'curse her'..
DL in reply, says, "Aengus", and then a winking happy face to show he is kidding..
Then a few minutes later, SB posts that she will forever miss..

Look up DL, you will find that SB's hubby had no reason to fear displacement.. and with a little further sleuthing you will also find that DL is in fact 'Aengus'. I take it from that that this fictional Aengus character was quite the character.

So that kind of puts it all into perspective.. just playfulness.. and SB misses the Alliance thing. MOO

... which... is too quick to dismiss, and is too strong a defence of the group.

The timing and wording is odd, and inconsistent with everything else posted previously.

I think it kind of makes sense.. it isn't really out of the blue like it might seem..

SB posts that her brakes have gone for a s**t and she's starting to wonder who she p.o'd enough to 'curse her'..
DL in reply, says, "Aengus", and then a winking happy face to show he is kidding..
Then a few minutes later, SB posts that she will forever miss..

Look up DL, you will find that SB's hubby had no reason to fear displacement.. and with a little further sleuthing you will also find that DL is in fact 'Aengus'. I take it from that that this fictional Aengus character was quite the character.

So that kind of puts it all into perspective.. just playfulness.. and SB misses the Alliance thing. MOO
Agreed... but the not so subtle difference is that she is not reminiscing about the great battle, the fun times in the woods, or dressing up in great costumes.

I dont' know if it was ever stated that the family is close-knit, but I kind of got that impression.. I dont' think they were the kind that had to be slopping over each other and in phone contact every day, but.. it sounds rather healthy to me.. they talk.. SB and brother had plans to attend a theatre together on the Sunday after she went missing.. the family members seem to be on one another's FB friends (not that that means anything at all).. and the fact that the sister is saying that she is always in touch with family or friends.. she calls her her 'baby sister'.. it all 'sounds' good, imho..

Regarding the marriage, from what was said on FB, it sounds like there was no real wedding, just a sudden plan to have a ceremony. So.. what pictures. I wondered the same thing, until I realized.. not many photo opportunities with the way their marriage seems to have happened so abruptly. What was it? Two days notice, even for the groom? SB said this on her FB: "aww. I would invite you all to the wedding if we were having one"

And.. hate to say this.. but.. if nobody is 'liking' SB's post when she got her new dog.. (interestingly, it seems the one family member who 'liked' her post regarding her new dog, was from JB's side).. could it be for a reason? Such as... I have in-laws who keep getting a dog from the pound, or buying a dog, and then giving it up, and giving it up, for one reason or another.. and so.. now I just feel really angry when I hear they got another new dog. If her family may have perhaps felt that SB was not able to care for or commit to a dog? But.. after looking at several of SB's FB posts, I'm not seeing many 'likes' at all from her family members, in regard to *any* of her posts, period. This could mean lack of closeness and support, or it could mean that the family is more private and offers best wishes in private.

BBM

How is the relationship with her family? I know there are pictures of her sister marriage, how about the marriage of Shannon, did her family attend were they invited? This was just a couple of months ago, someone who is close with her family and friends would want them there.
I cannot find a single picture of the marriage of Shannon and JB. Also no likes or reactions of her family on her FB post that she is going to get married.

Also the picture where she presents her new dog back in 2013, not a single reaction from her family. No problem, but apparently so close, I don't think so.

Ha yes... BUT.. she is also 'replying' to a jokey comment posted by the fellow who she did that playacting with, and so she mentions the part that most stands out in her memory with specific reference to 'him'.

Agreed... but the not so subtle difference is that she is not reminiscing about the great battle, the fun times in the woods, or dressing up in great costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b