CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not part of the NS massacre shooting but my husband died in bed from a heart attack and I woke up to the alarm going off and he was gone, the isolation is making this extremely difficult.

Most sincere condolences, kritafo. As if these times weren't already difficult, your burden is greater. So sorry for the loss of your dear husband.

Interesting comments about doing this at a time when people cannot grieve. The shooter was very calculating in all of his actions - thinking through every option and having a plan B for each possibility.

Yes and as well he certainly would’ve been aware thousands cannot gather together to honour of any slain police officers who died in the line of duty, as they did in Moncton in 2014.

Funeral for Moncton Mounties killed in the line of duty attended by thousands

upload_2020-4-20_12-37-38.jpeg

Yes and as well he certainly would’ve been aware thousands cannot gather together to honour of any slain police officers who died in the line of duty, as they did in 2014.

Funeral for Moncton Mounties killed in the line of duty attended by thousands

View attachment 243776

I think he felt helpless due to the virus, and was angry about many things in his life. I'm sure that he factored into his plan that a murder spree when the world is in lockdown would inflict maximum emotional pain to many.

FYI

We've had a request to change the perp's name to initials only. As in any other thread, members are allowed to use the full name of a perp. We don't have the luxury of staff or time to handle this type of editing, but if members prefer to use initials only, either is fine.

I think he felt helpless due to the virus, and was angry about many things in his life. I'm sure that he factored into his plan that a murder spree when the world is in lockdown would inflict maximum emotional pain to many.
I'm thinking he felt angry and unfairly imposed upon because of Covid - if it did indeed impact his business. (I don't know that it did.) He might have thought he suffers while essential workers can still work and they also are receiving glory - the "injustice" would frustrate him, imo.

Speculation only! Just brainstorming while we await info.

Covid might not be the main motivator as I do think he was an injustice collector for years, but I think restrictions because of the virus might have been a factor in what triggered him to act, perhaps the straw that broke his back.

JMOpinion

I would imagine they are. One thing going through my mind is who he got the Chev SUV from. I can just imagine a car going down the highway, what appears to be an RCMP officer in a cruiser pulls the car over, and we all know the possibilities from there. Not saying that is what happened but until they find out who owned that SUV, i think there is a strong possibility the owner/driver of that vehicle may have become a victim.

This is just awful. :( So many condolences and prayers to my Canadian neighbors from here in the US.

Most sincere condolences, kritafo. As if these times weren't already difficult, your burden is greater. So sorry for the loss of your dear husband.

Mine as well, kritafo.
Reach out if you need anything.
We are here for you.

I'm not part of the NS massacre shooting but my husband died in bed from a heart attack and I woke up to the alarm going off and he was gone, the isolation is making this extremely difficult.

I'm thinking he felt angry and unfairly imposed upon because of Covid - if it did indeed impact his business. (I don't know that it did.) He might have thought he suffers while essential workers can still work and they also are receiving glory - the "injustice" would frustrate him, imo.

Speculation only! Just brainstorming while we await info.

Covid might not be the main motivator as I do think he was an injustice collector for years, but I think restrictions because of the virus might have been a factor in what triggered him to act, perhaps the straw that broke his back.

JMOpinion
Personally I think he was a controlling person and had a recent break up and couldn’t manage. No excuse at all.

Personally I think he was a controlling person and had a recent break up and couldn’t manage. No excuse at all.

ITA. When reading that article that he wrote in Frank Magazine, I couldn't believe anybody would be making such an issue about LE parking in his very spacious parking lot, to the extent that (iirc) 5 officers had to attend with bolt cutters to potentially cut the chain he put across, effectively locking down their vehicle on his property ... all while he had an elderly client waiting inside his business !! Who does that?

IMO ..... TOTAL . CONTROL . FREAK

Of course there is no excuse. I assumed that goes without saying, but I'll say it: there is no excuse.

I'm interested in his background and motive, and I hope we will feel welcome to discuss.

jmo

ITA. When reading that article that he wrote in Frank Magazine, I couldn't believe anybody would be making such an issue about LE parking in his very spacious parking lot, to the extent that (iirc) 5 officers had to attend with bolt cutters to potentially cut the chain he put across, effectively locking down their vehicle on his property ... all while he had an elderly client waiting inside his business !! Who does that?

IMO ..... TOTAL . CONTROL . FREAK
Absolutely!!!!

Of course there is no excuse. I assumed that goes without saying, but I'll say it: there is no excuse.

I'm interested in his background and motive, and I hope we will feel welcome to discuss.

jmo
Sorry if I came across harshly. I know you meant that but just felt the need to say it too. This has just hit me hard, on a personal level.
I agree that the pandemic could have been a contributing factor.
<3

One thing we know for sure is that even though so many are suffering when gatherings are limited to 5 people, no one is going to protest restrictions that benefit society.

sarcasm alert

I would imagine they are. One thing going through my mind is who he got the Chev SUV from. I can just imagine a car going down the highway, what appears to be an RCMP officer in a cruiser pulls the car over, and we all know the possibilities from there. Not saying that is what happened but until they find out who owned that SUV, i think there is a strong possibility the owner/driver of that vehicle may have become a victim.

In this article, it says he was a collector of cars, motorcycles, etc. As long as this went on, perhaps he returned to his home and switched vehicles, since he knew LE was searching for him.

Who was Gabriel Wortman, the denturist behind the Nova Scotia mass shooting?

The article also says he had two police patrol cars in his collection, stored at the back of his denture clinic.

Who was Gabriel Wortman, the denturist behind the Nova Scotia mass shooting?

The news says it took place over 12 hrs, so maybe he had time to go change clothes and cars before LE was able to get extra officers on location?

Hadn't seen this before.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/rcmp-weapon-lockdown-portapique-1.5537598

CBC has learned RCMP and fire fighters were called to a property in Wentworth, N.S., on Sunday morning shortly before 10 a.m. to respond to a house fire.

Police have not released any information about whether it is connected to the shooter investigation.

Wentworth is north of Portapique. Enfield, where the perp was finally brought down at 11:40 am, is south of Portapique.

upload_2020-4-20_13-1-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member