CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What amazes me was how quickly the announcement of a review then became an inquiry. The same voices which were asking for an inquiry all along were the same ones which were upset when a review was announced. How the gov't can then claim they "listened" is absurd. It is the duplicity at work here which leads to mistrust, suspicion and conspiracy theories. That is not a good way to start a process which is supposed to find "the truth".

FINTRAC had issued a "Suspicious Transaction Report" related both GW and his firm, Northumberland Investments.
https://twitter.com/Tim_Bousquet/status/1308039206929915904
Says reporter from Halifax Examiner.
Full article will be posted later.

The thread says he liquidated his investments and requested to pick them up through Brinks. That goes against the theory that it was informant/agent payment.

The reporter is a little disingenuous talking about the speeding ticket being for 0-15 king over limit. When I’ve been pulled over I am usually 20 over and they knock it down. My last speeding ticket was a Saturday at 7 on on a rural two lane highway. It happens.

What is FINTRAC?
“The Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) is an agency of the Government of Canada responsible for facilitating the detection, prevention and deterrence of money laundering, terrorist activity financing and other threats to the security of Canada.

FINTRAC receives reports from financial institutions and intermediaries, analyzes and assesses the reported information, and disclose suspicions of money laundering or of terrorist financing activities to police authorities and others as permitted by the Act. FINTRAC will also disclose to CSIS information that is relevant to threat to the security of Canada.“
Frequently asked questions

I recall reading at some point in time GW was known by others to evade income tax by providing denture services for cash. As it’d be somewhat unusual for a dental businesses to provide services for cash one possible explanation is that caught the eye of bank who reported it to FINTRAC. Cash deposits over $10000 require the customer to disclose the source of the funds, mandated by law, but lesser amount may still be considered suspicious. But just because GW was “flagged” doesn’t prove he was actually engaged in money laundering or terrorist activity. It indicates one or more financial transactions was reported to FINTRAC at some point in time. He’s be quite naive to do either through bank accounts directly connected to him IMO.

There’s also criticism levied over information collected by FINTRAC -
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fintrac-collecting-too-much-info-on-innocent-canadians-1.2224595

JMO

Last edited:
The thread says he liquidated his investments and requested to pick them up through Brinks. That goes against the theory that it was informant/agent payment.

The reporter is a little disingenuous talking about the speeding ticket being for 0-15 king over limit. When I’ve been pulled over I am usually 20 over and they knock it down. My last speeding ticket was a Saturday at 7 on on a rural two lane highway. It happens.
I agree but the ticket happened on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere.

I agree but the ticket happened on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere.

If this Maclean’s report correct, Portapique Beach Road in inside Portapique community, off highway 2. If a rural community has fielded numerous complaints about dangerous drivers speeding through their residential areas IMO it’s not out of the realm for an RCMP officer to park there now and then, much like LE does with problem areas in cities.

“Officers are struck by a speeding ticket the RCMP issued Wortman at 5:58 pm on Feb. 12, 2020, on Portapique Beach Road. Wortman was driving one of the former police vehicles in his collection.”
The Nova Scotia killer had ties to criminals and withdrew a huge sum of cash before the shooting - Macleans.ca

I haven’t noticed a link to the actual documents but sections are reported in various media reports.

‘Preparing for the end’: Mindset of Nova Scotia gunman described in court docs
“She (common law wife) recalled that he once told her he believed it would be easy to murder police officers, and on the night of the rampage he had “snapped” as he went from making plans and chatting with her to burning his property in Portapique, N.S.

“(Redacted) said the floor was very wet from the gas being poured on it and Wortman told her to be careful,” the documents said. The gunman’s common-law spouse has previously described how she was assaulted and bound before managing to escape in the woods where she hid overnight.

In the newly-released documents, she described how she left what she believed was a puffy jacket she was wearing on the ground in the woods as a clue for police to find her.

While hiding in the woods, she could see flames erupt over Portapique and heard the sounds of screams and gunshots..

At one point she heard a voice on a speaker say “’this is the police,’ but was scared that it was the gunman,” the documents said. She crawled out of the woods in the early hours of April 19 and ran to a neighbour’s house where she called police.....”

Nova Scotia gunman flagged for suspicious cash transactions before April shooting, docs show
“An unidentified friend of Aaron Tuck, who was killed along with his wife and teenage daughter, told police that he witnessed an argument between the gunman and Tuck prior to the shooting.

“Aaron Tuck wanted to sell his house in Portapique and move back to Cape Breton and wanted $48,000 to $58,000 for it,” the documents said. “(Redacted) saw Aaron Tuck get into an argument with (the gunman) as (the gunman) had offered Aaron $18,000 for the house.”...”

Last edited:
I must say I find it quite ironic that conspiracy theories are floating about regarding a fellow conspiracist, a crazy, violent, murderous one at that. I wonder, was the killer a member of a conspiracy website where this sort of ridiculous discussion convinced him of impending doom in Canada? If so members ought to reflect on what kind of nutcases they might be influencing next... JMO

Prelude to N.S. shooter’s rampage described in newly released court documents
“There was the paranoia. Wortman believed that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau planned to create a system in which, if you had money, the government would take it and give you shares, she told police. That belief led to Wortman liquidating $475,000 worth of investments. On his way back from Brinks after picking up the money, he had her follow him so she could call police if he got stopped, she told the RCMP.

There were tins of money hidden at his properties in Dartmouth and in Portapique, and there were hidden weapons at the properties as well.....”

I must say I find it quite ironic that conspiracy theories are floating about regarding a fellow conspiracist, a crazy, violent, murderous one at that. I wonder, was the killer a member of a conspiracy website where this sort of ridiculous discussion convinced him of impending doom in Canada? If so members ought to reflect on what kind of nutcases they might be influencing next... JMO

Prelude to N.S. shooter’s rampage described in newly released court documents
“There was the paranoia. Wortman believed that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau planned to create a system in which, if you had money, the government would take it and give you shares, she told police. That belief led to Wortman liquidating $475,000 worth of investments. On his way back from Brinks after picking up the money, he had her follow him so she could call police if he got stopped, she told the RCMP.

There were tins of money hidden at his properties in Dartmouth and in Portapique, and there were hidden weapons at the properties as well.....”

Good point. I think I'll start a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theorists, that their secret intent is to don the clothing and vehicles of goverment authories, for the purpose of destroying the world through mass murder and arson.

It is strange but the more I learn, the less I know about this whole story. Was the driving around earlier in the day of shootings a "dry run" for his plan or coincidence? If the gunman targeted Aaron Tuck (and family) due to an argument of a selling price, how does that explain the Bonds? or Zahls? One can connect dots here, but not there. What was the plan in Dartmouth to be? Given his track record, it would not have been good. But his scorched earth actions seem at odds with having so much cash.
Are the actual redacted documents which were just released available online like earlier ones?

It is strange but the more I learn, the less I know about this whole story. Was the driving around earlier in the day of shootings a "dry run" for his plan or coincidence? If the gunman targeted Aaron Tuck (and family) due to an argument of a selling price, how does that explain the Bonds? or Zahls? One can connect dots here, but not there. What was the plan in Dartmouth to be? Given his track record, it would not have been good. But his scorched earth actions seem at odds with having so much cash.
Are the actual redacted documents which were just released available online like earlier ones?
I think this was premeditated in the sense that he had contemplated doing something drastic for a long time. IMO it perhaps began as a fantasy that he developed and elaborated in spare moments in his mind, and then began to actually equip himself for, without being sure whether he would ever do it. This was the pattern followed by the killers behind the Columbine High School massacre, who left lots of documents of the gradual process that took place over two years.

IMO, while sometimes someone like that would go into their fantasy privately, the rest of the time they could just be a denturist in Nova Scotia, who had an anger problem, and was becoming paranoid about things like his money.

For whatever reason, he decided it was time to put his fantasy into action. I don't believe he suddenly 'snapped' as his partner states, although that's how it appeared to her. I don't why she thought it would involve Dartmouth, maybe he said something...

I think he may have been out to get certain people he resented, but IMO, more likely he just wanted to hurt other people, period. They were happy and contented and he was not, so they had to die, is how I imagine someone in that mindset. Also, just creating as much mayhem as possible, to confuse and distract, and then outwit police, could have been the intention.

All MOO

They were happy and contented and he was not, so they had to die,

This may well have been the source of all that followed. I have seen people who endlessly compare their house, car, income etc to everyone else, as though the only way they can measure up is by having more or better. They are empty vessels, unhappy inside and resent the sense of contentment others have. They don't even realise that others are not competing or playing this game!

One wonders then if his liquidating assets was not to have something to live on moving forward but a way to deny it to others after his death.

This is quite a lengthy CronicalHerald report so I’m just including a few snippets. The entire report is well worth reading, although it mainly outlines the killer’s bizarre behaviour/mindset rather than offering true insight into the motive behind his murder spree......aside from he was nuttier than a fruitcake In My Opinion.

UPDATED: Nova Scotia mass shooter ‘said that he knew he was going to die,’ partner told RCMP | The Chronicle Herald

........The man responsible for Nova Scotia’s mass shooting told his partner days before his April killing spree that he knew he was going to die and she said it was like he was preparing for the end of the world.

The Dartmouth denturist “was very caught up with COVID-19 and was talking about death and said that he knew he was going to die,” according to information Mounties used to get warrants in the case.

On April 18, the killer – whom SaltWire is not naming – paid a man for splitting wood. “We were making plans,” said his partner. “It’s like he snapped.”......

........At a warehouse that he owned, the killer poured gasoline on a truck and his partner offered to move a Jeep that was there. “Do you think I am stupid?” the killer asked his partner.

He loaded a lot of guns and ammunition in his fake police car, she said. She couldn’t identify the types of weapons other than to say, “not the kind” you hunt animals with.

At that point she ran away and tried hiding from the killer in a truck in a grassy area. But the light inside the truck turned on and she was concerned he would find her.

So she continued to run into the woods. She believed that she had a puffy jacket on and threw it in the woods hoping the police would find it.”.....

......She described her partner as obsessed with buying used police cars. “He would keep marked police car keys in his wallet in case he got arrested, he would be able to get out.”.....

.......It was like he “was preparing for the end of the world and he even wanted to purchase a large quantity of rice and other food items,” said the newly released documents......

.....She told police the killer, who had been married before, “seemed like the perfect guy at first and for their first date, (he) showed up in a convertible with two dozen long stem roses.”.....

......She told investigators she knew her partner was different, “but never thought he would do what he did. She said that (he) thought he was smarter than everyone else.”.....

When I read this I had visions of when the warehouse was set afire, neighbours, like McCully and Blair going to investigate and/or help. It would be a normal reaction. If he thought they would try to stop him from torching his own stuff, I can see him shooting them, so they could not deny him his "destiny". But then I go back to why burn the Gulenchyn house? Or go way down the same road to the opposite end and kill the Bonds and Tucks? Or the Zahls? I guess I'm looking for logic when it's irrational. But one sees bits of the story which could be "logical" and then it all falls apart.
If he was going back to Dartmouth, he probably would have torched his property there too. But then what?

One wonders that regardless of how in depth the inquiry is in this matter, it will never provide answers for the families. I have a feeling they will all spend their lifetimes saying "Yes, but what about..."

When I read this I had visions of when the warehouse was set afire, neighbours, like McCully and Blair going to investigate and/or help. It would be a normal reaction. If he thought they would try to stop him from torching his own stuff, I can see him shooting them, so they could not deny him his "destiny". But then I go back to why burn the Gulenchyn house? Or go way down the same road to the opposite end and kill the Bonds and Tucks? Or the Zahls? I guess I'm looking for logic when it's irrational. But one sees bits of the story which could be "logical" and then it all falls apart.
If he was going back to Dartmouth, he probably would have torched his property there too. But then what?

One wonders that regardless of how in depth the inquiry is in this matter, it will never provide answers for the families. I have a feeling they will all spend their lifetimes saying "Yes, but what about..."

Yes I agree, applying logic isn’t going to yield any answers.

It wouldn’t be the first murders have been committed by a person experiencing psychosis and who believes they are destined to become a hero for saving the world by killing those who - in their delusional mind - are perceived to be The Enemy.

As coincidence would have it, I notice June 21, 2020 was predicted to have been yet another end of the world date, a 2nd choice by the Mayan Calendar.

End of the world 2020: Will the world end on June 21 eclipse? Stunning prediction says YES
“Purveyors of doomsay predictions, who previously claimed the world would end on December 21, 2012, have now said the world will actually end on June 21, 2020.”

Someone notified me of some news related to this whole case. The Portapique properties of the Bonds, Tucks and gunman are all for sale. The gunman's are listed as building lots, with no mention of any burnings etc. The Bonds is listed as though nothing happened. Sadly, the Tuck listing shows the following disclaimer
This property was the home of victims of the Nova Scotia mass murders and will be considered stigmatized. (April 2020). Being sold on an As Is Basis.

I do believe incidents such as this, must be stated openly in any serious negotiations, but to see it right there on one of the listings is so sad and graphic.

Someone notified me of some news related to this whole case. The Portapique properties of the Bonds, Tucks and gunman are all for sale. The gunman's are listed as building lots, with no mention of any burnings etc. The Bonds is listed as though nothing happened. Sadly, the Tuck listing shows the following disclaimer
This property was the home of victims of the Nova Scotia mass murders and will be considered stigmatized. (April 2020). Being sold on an As Is Basis.

I do believe incidents such as this, must be stated openly in any serious negotiations, but to see it right there on one of the listings is so sad and graphic.
It's incredibly sad.
The Tucks house went under contract today. It was listed at the same price that Aaron Tuck had asked for from the shooter.
The shooter's properties, including 200 and 287 Portapique Beach Rd. (he had purchased the 20-acre property at 287 PB Rd. in June of 2019. That property shared a boundary with the Bonds, and appears to have a trail within its southern boundary that feeds into the Bonds' property. It makes you wonder...) and 136 Orchard Beach Dr., are all under contract, as are two adjacent to 136 Orchard Beach Dr., that were listed for sale at the same time. He had only purchased the 20-acre property at 287 PB Rd. in June of 2019. It would seem those two also belonged to him.
The Bonds' house has been listed for a while, it is still on the market. The Zahl-Thomas property has already been sold. Leon Joudrey's home is still on the market, too. The neighbor next door to the Griffon's on Faris Lane sold their house in June of 2020.
In the attached graphic: blue = for sale, yellow = under contract, and red = sold.

Attachments

• Portapique Update 10-15-2020.png
    Portapique Update 10-15-2020.png
    955.8 KB · Views: 44

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members