Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As yet there are no officially named POIs or suspects in Hailey's case, so please don't post/sleuth the names of innocent people until/unless LE or MSM has named them.

:tyou:

I just remember a case from Ontario back in 2007 where they did not issue one because "it wasn't a stranger abduction" a new born baby , whose mother was charged with an indignity to her body because they have not ever found her remains :(

On a Facebook page another man has stated he is Hailey's father. His fb seems to show he was...at some point...thought to be the father or filling the role as her father. Including during the time of Hailey's birth.

LE has not officially released a make/model of a vehicle involved. When they do, it will be appropriate to provide pics.

Don't want folks to be looking for the wrong vehicle in such an important matter.

I don't believe it means they have a strong suspicion of who suspect is, I would think they're just likely suspecting that the perp who has the little girl is the same perp who killed her Dad and would therefore likely be armed/dangerous.

Just saw this on the news. Incredibly worrying.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alberta-rcmp-issue-amber-alert-for-missing-two-year-old-girl-1.2562814

LE also asking that people do not approach the suspect if they see him, so I'm guessing they have a strong suspicion of who the suspect is?

I don't believe it means they have a strong suspicion of who suspect is, I would think they're just likely suspecting that the perp who has the little girl is the same perp who killed her Dad and would therefore likely be armed/dangerous.

I think they have strong suspicion, and I first found this obvious from the press conference today. Since then some unofficial stuff we can not elaborate on due to ws rules has me further believing this to be the case. but I think the wording in the press conference alone made it very clear that they know more than they are sharing. And I don't personally believe it was some unknown stranger by any means.

i agree! I had the brightness turned down on my phone when I first seen the pic then realized after posting here that it's CLEARLY a police van. Either way, why are the running Ops on this property? Why is it cordoned off with tape? They don't seem to be sleuthy in running the op so why hasn't anything been posted that he's in custody? These are questions that raise my eye brows
The bit of the write up that talks about the assault on a subway employee "for no reason at all" points me to believe this person may be suffering some sort of mental illness or addiction which would fit criteria for Amber alert.

All of the above is JMO if I've broken any rules mods, I understand if you have to edit or delete this.

<modsnip>They are basing the time Hailey went missing on reports from neighbor hearing/seeing a white van leaving the deceased father's residence at a high rate of speed at 3:30am. The likely reason the Mom didn't find out about her daughter being missing from police but on FB was likely because LE wasn't automatically even aware that a child was missing, or that this little girl had been abducted. These things take time for LE to determine.

I wonder if the fathers body was deceased for a number of hours and this is how the police are basing the time on when Hailey went missing?

Van headlights are on, so I think that might be a police vehicle.

<modsnip>They are basing the time Hailey went missing on reports from neighbor hearing/seeing a white van leaving the deceased father's residence at a high rate of speed at 3:30am. The likely reason the Mom didn't find out about her daughter being missing from police but on FB was likely because LE wasn't automatically even aware that a child was missing, or that this little girl had been abducted. These things take time for LE to determine.

I read in the "replies" under the moms comment "my baby lives there!" It appears to me that they didn't even know the little one was there until the mom called the RCMP in a panic after failed attempts to get ahold of the dad . Which is absolutely heartbreaking.

Van headlights are on, so I think that might be a police vehicle.

I noticed that after I posted it here (and turned up the brightness on my screen). To be fair seeing the van in the thumbnail prompted me to open the post though!

If you look back through tb's Facebook you'll see posts about jail and getting things regarding the law out of the way

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

The B.C. Amber Alert says RCMP are seeking a male driver, but Hamori says they are not sure how many suspects they are looking for. He says they have made inquiries at the border with the U.S. to see if a vehicle matching the description in the case has passed through.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/amber-alert-2-year-old-crowsnest-pass-1.3227949

Plus there is a video excerpt from the RCMP press conference on the above page (in case it hasn't already been posted).

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2675447384/

Also, the article states that Terry was supposed to drop Hailey off at her mothers place on Sunday. Odd that he didn't do that and was murdered the next night. I wonder if this guy was being held captive on Sunday, or whether he was actually killed during the day Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a Facebook page another man has stated he is Hailey's father. His fb seems to show he was...at some point...thought to be the father or filling the role as her father. Including during the time of Hailey's birth.

Is it a news page? Link?

As an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada who lives in Southeastern Manitoba, I have observed that the RCMP is very different than most police organizations in the states due to Canadian law. They often will provide the press very little detail about the cases they are working on. Also, these type of murder/kidnapping cases are not as common in Canada as they seem to be in the U.S. hence the confusion and late posting of the Amber Alert. I am very concerned about little Hailey and hope she is found soon - and found alive and in good condition. Unfortunately, she could be anywhere.

Edited to add the latest CBC News article updated this morning:
[h=1]Amber Alert issued for Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette after father found dead[/h]
An article that appeared this morning in the National Post:
[h=1]Amber alert: Father of missing two-year-old found dead in house, RCMP confirm[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension