Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome ...I have been reading this site for a few years but never joined until now as this case hits close to home as we live in the area...first of all I don't believe the husbands story....the story in general doesn't add up for me...BUT if I set that aside there has been rumours floating around Winnipeg that there is a serial killer ( lots of missing women) problem is this case doesn't fit the MO ...majority of missing women here are of aboriginal descent and have some connection to prostitution also they usually go missing downtown or North end, not transcona or North kildonan area and their ages are at least 20 years younger.

The husband referred to her in past tense which tells me he knows she's not alive and I think the police are questioning this as well....how could they not? I am guessing they don't have enough evidence or cause to get a search warrant for the house plus I think they are waiting for him to slip up in interviews. As long as he is willingly speaking to the police or media why not wait him out. Just my opinion!

I don't know how the husband would have done something. We have proof of a live Thelma at 072
Where would he have killed her? And then hid her?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't know how the husband would have done something. We have proof of a live Thelma at 072
Where would he have killed her? And then hid her?

Is it definitely her in the CCTV clip?

I do believe it is TK on the surveillance...it's only 2 houses from her home...about the time she was reportedly going out walking...and you would think her family would recognize her gait/stride...and what she would look like...although...I find the video rather non-descript...it's difficult for me to see any colour *re her top*...and I can't see her hair...she has quite light hair..but I can't tell from the video....but that could be my old eyes ;)
The thing I'm wondering IS...and I know LE won't reveal all they have or know...do they have more video from that camera?...maybe showing a little later...maybe showing a vehicle leaving down that same street....hmm...
When this was first reported...this article below said this:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2109518/search-stretches-into-day-4-for-thelma-krull-57/

"Krull told her husband Bob at 7 a.m. Saturday that she was going out for a hike in East Kildonan with plans to meet him at Canadian Tire on Regent Avenue in a couple hours."

& yet...at the press conference where her husband talked to the press:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Missing-womans-husband-pleads-for-information-315443781.html

"He was still asleep when she left around 7 a.m., but heard the family dog cry out as she was leaving."

Also according to his retelling at the press conference...they had made these plans to go to Canadian Tire ..the night before...while sitting out on the deck..
Okay...so that may well be true...BUT...then why...if he wasn't awake in the morning when she left....would it specifically say in one of the first articles ...that she told him she would meet him 'in a couple hours' *see global article above*...she wouldn't say that the night before....I could see the conversation going along the lines of 'Well how about after my walk in the morning I meet you at Canadian Tire?' JMOO...
Also in that early article...it states her daughter tried calling her at 9am...no answer...She was supposed to pick up her grandchild's b'day cake...for the party that afternoon...
It's all just so confusing....
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt....I don't know how even *I* would act if my spouse were missing....

If I had the police questioning me...had to face reporters...talk in public...we all react differently...I would hate to make an oops and then everyone thinks....ohhh man..did you hear that...she did it!! Cuz knowing me...myself....I would be upset..flustered....you name it...I would probably just be an out and out mess....

But then again...I've been around WS and seen where usually what's predicted is true...and a lot of 'similar' behaviours....well...you all know what I'm sayin'...JMOO

I am watching the news here every day...going to the TK page on FB hoping beyond hope...there is news...she's coming home.....

There has been too much horror in this city in the last couple of decades...sadly...it has been horrors inflicted a lot of vulnerable...high risk women...lives cut short..daughters...mothers...sisters...gone....

I don't want to see that in this case....it's just too sad...and scary...

When you think of abductions...assaults...at least when I think of them...I think under cover of darkness...in a not so nice part of town...the whole works....not...in broad daylight...not...in a safe residential area...

Anyways...I love my city...I love where I live *only a few short blocks to the park fwiw*...this is ..frightening. This hits far too close to home.

Oh...on an added note...in today's press conference..when the LE officer said along the lines *I can't remember exact words but* ...the public doesn't have to be alarmed...something like that...when a reporter asked if we should be....that kinda made me uncomfy...If there is some perp out there snatching women willy nilly off the street....should we NOT be a bit more alert? Common sense says...to always be....but...
As I said...unsettling...frightening.
I'm sitting here...2 in the morning...typing away safe in my home....where is Thelma?! She needs to be safe at home too!

Yes you are correct I don't know how I would act either and maybe it's just "easier to think" that there's an issue with the husband's story then to accept that there's someone out there hurting or killing a woman in what's "supposed" to be a safe area....safe because I have always felt safe here and I don't want that bubble burst ��.....I don't believe she just left because she sounds like she was quite the dedicated grandma and I know I wouldn't miss my granddaughter 's bday for anything.....so that leaves us with either someone close to her or someone random did this......either way it's extremely unsettling!

Is it definitely her in the CCTV clip?

Thank you so much for asking this! I've been wondering the same thing. Personally, I can't tell if the person in the video is a man or a woman, if they're wearing a hat or not, that their shirt is orange or that they're wearing capris. I would assume that the police have zoomed in on the footage to establish that it is her, but then why not release the zoomed in image to the public? The witness photos are much, much easier to identify.

I, too, think the husband's statements are hinky as heck. Contrast them with the brother's or daughter's or friend's statements and it makes it even hinkier. All of them are flustered but only one of them is speaking about her in the past tense.

As for LE's statement: I've seen that before, and it usually seems to indicate that police think the crime is a personal one with a specific motive as opposed to a random attack by an unknown assailant.

I also find it a little weird that the husband keeps mentioning 7am as the time that he last saw her or that the dog barked or door slammed, but the video is time-stamped at 7:23am and the gait is rather swift. That's almost a 30 minute discrepancy.

The only time I ever hear it announced that the public shouldn't be worried or is not in danger is when it is thought that the perp is someone that is known to the victim.

JMO

The CCTV video is very low resolution, when enlarged/zoomed it actually gets much worse. Also, since it's on the internet, everyone who knew her has been able to view it, I'm sure if they didn't think it was her they'd say so. When you already know someone and the clothes they wear, it's much easier to recognize them from even a glimpse in a photo or video.

Also I was looking into the time frame, there was an initial report that said last seen 7 am but all media reports since then have been consistent that he last saw her the evening before, and that he woke up when he heard her leave around 7 am but wasn't up yet so couldn't be exact about the time. This makes sense to me.

It seems to me, with the video of her out walking, the distance and speed of her walking, and the last ping from her phone, that she made it to Valley Gardens. What happened there is the mystery.

The police and everyone else appear to confirm its TK in the 0723 video. I'm with the others who want to know what is on the video after 0730.
The police have said it's a tight timeline 0723 to 1000.

Thelma Krull: Transit union hopes to up reward with whistle sale

The union representing Winnipeg Transit workers is hoping a whistle sale will help them up the reward for Thelma Krull, a 57-year-old Winnipeg woman who has been missing for more than a week.

The Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1505 offered a $5,000 reward to anyone with information that helps investigators locate Krull.

<modsnip>

Read more at https://ca.news.yahoo.com/thelma-krull-transit-union-hopes-103007977.html

Don't worry...I'm not back to write another War & Peace....omg 2am...what can I say? ;)

What I would like to say is.......Rizo & iloveleonard :party: :wagon: to Websleuths!

Family Searches Organized for Thelma

The third organized search effort by her children, Lisa Besser and Robert Krull Jr. was on Monday, July 13th. A crowd gathered shortly before 6 p.m. Monday in front of Krull's home on Filbert Crescent and her children handed out maps to groups of volunteer searchers. They focused on fields, trails and walkways near the Chief Peguis Trail, Transcona Boulevard and Henderson Highway.

"We identified a bunch of areas we haven't yet hit, so we posted on Facebook and the support is absolutely amazing," Besser said.

On Saturday, July 18th, Thelma&#8217;s family organized a walk "to light the way home" for her Saturday. The walk began behind Kildonan East Collegiate at 9:30 p.m. and wound towards Concordia Avenue. It was not a search for Krull, but a way to keep people thinking about her, Besser said.

The fourth search was conducted by the family on Monday, July 20th.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...d-walk-to-show-unwavering-hope-316992521.html

Whistles for Thelma are almost all sold out.

The Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1505, which represents Winnipeg Transit Drivers, is partnering with their health and wellness committee to sell safety whistles in the search for missing 57-year-old Thelma Krull.

The keychain-style whistles are yellow and say &#8220;Whistle for Thelma&#8221; on them. They also have a LED light.

Union president John Callahan said the whistles are $10 and will be available Wednesday, but pre-orders are being accepted.

Profits from their sale will add to the $5,000 reward the union is offering for the safe return of Thelma Krull.

Thelma's husband Robert is a member of the Transit Union. The whistles can be ordered by calling the Transit Health and Wellness at 204-986-7909 or the ATU at 204-943-5064.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/transit-...rch-through-sale-of-safety-whistles-1.2480257

I don't know how to copy ( not true I can copy but can't seem to get it to paste) but there's a CBC article where it quotes the officer as stating items of interest....so there is more then one item ....if someone else can do it its CBC Manitoba July 20th "I'm not going to get into specifics of those," he said. "I'm just going to say items have been located."

Did Thelma&#8217;s husband leave their house after his wife left? His wife was seen walking on a surveillance camera at 7:23 am so if he didn&#8217;t leave the house because he was waiting for his wife to call him when she got to CT, doesn&#8217;t that rule him out as a poi?
It's a through street. We didn't see video of anything taking place going in the other direction... such as a car leaving the driveway.

I don't know how the husband would have done something. We have proof of a live Thelma at 0723. Where would he have killed her? And then hid her?
He could have picked her up and drove off with her. Yes, then hid her. Couldn't her glasses have been thrown from a car to the place in the park that they were found?

After reading some random things in different places, suddenly my husband hinky meter is on high alert! They just need one person to say they saw him or his car or something related to him and he is caught, if he did anything. Where was he between 7:23 am and 10:00 am?

The only time I ever hear it announced that the public shouldn't be worried or is not in danger is when it is thought that the perp is someone that is known to the victim.

JMO

My thoughts exactly Joe.

I hope this does not end up like the October 2000 murder of Bev Rowbotham just north of Winnipeg

She headed out on an evening grocery run , was hacked to death with an axe just outside her back door , was loaded into the trunk of the family sedan and driven 12 miles to Selkirk where the car was abandoned. Her husband was inside the house watching TV and did not "see or hear a thing"

All kinds of evidence showing how it happened , where it happened , how she was transported , but no evidence of "who" did it.

Many years later , probably out of frustration , and because of the lack of progress in the case , police laid charges against the husband in order to let the courts decide. There had never been any hints of marital problems , or motive , they were both upstanding citizens , and he was found not guilty.

Even though it remains one of those "unsolved cases" , neither police nor the public have ever felt there was still an axe murderer roaming around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member