Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never quite know where the line is....I thought this was a forum that was friendly to victims and THEIR FAMILY!

I hope this case doesn't drag on like the Rowbotham murder with no justice and a killer walking free..

Hope police really have more than "grasping at straws'.

I saw a CBC article about one of the search organizers being connected to the drag the river people. That would be great if they got out on the red river.

Sure hope this lady us found. It's been so long now.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I am familiar with Bev Rowbotham’s case. Bev was seen on a camera shopping in Safeway the morning she was killed. Because their fridge and cupboards were well-stocked, the Crown didn’t believe Stobbe who told police Rowbotham left the house for a late night “big shop” at Safeway prior to being murdered in her backyard.

Selkirk is a city in the western Canadian province of Manitoba, located about 22 km northeast of the provincial capital Winnipeg on the Red River. Bev, her husband Mark Stobbe, and their two sons had recently moved to Selkirk, Manitoba from Saskatchewn. Mark was transferred there by his employer, the Province of Manitoba. I believe Bev’s sister also lived in Selkirk then. Bev and her family lived in a large house on a large piece of property just outside the City of Selkirk and there was no security system protecting the property and its occupants. The previous owner of their house was a doctor who performed abortions.

Their house was being renovated when Bev was murdered. Because the house didn’t have a security system and no close neighbors, their house imo was a perfect place to break into and rob. Mark worked long hours, the boys attended school during the day, and at times the house was empty while Bev ran errands in her car. Because the garage was attached to the house, it was a perfect hiding place. I don’t know if their house was locked at all times.

The mental hospital in Selkirk was renamed and is now known as the Selkirk Mental Health Centre. It is a 252-bed facility that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba whose challenging needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system.

Mark claimed he was with his sons preparing them for bed when Bev told him she was leaving to go shopping in her car which was parked in the garage. I don’t remember if the boys heard their mother say where she was going. I don’t remember if Bev usually carried a large sum of money in her purse and paid cash for her groceries. I don’t remember if her purse was found open and her wallet was empty. I didn’t attend the trial. Bev is probably the only one who knew how much cash was in her purse when she said she was leaving to go shopping at Safeway for the 2nd time that day. Because Bev’s car was driven and left in Selkirk, the Crown tried to prove Mark placed his dead wife’s body in the car after he murdered her with a hatchet in the backyard and he drove it and left it in Selkirk where it was later found with Bev’s dead body inside. I think the driver’s door was found open. There were no witnesses in this case. Before Mark left the family home, the Crown allege Mark placed his bicycle, which was stored in the garage, into the car to ride home, a distance of 12 miles. Mark is a very large man who claimed he hadn’t ridden his bike since they moved to Selkirk and he wasn’t in shape to ride it.

Police officers searching their property uncovered clumps of hair, specks of blood and small skull fragments that were ultimately linked to Rowbotham in their back yard. They claim they didn’t find more evidence in the backyard because Mark hosed it in an effort to wash away evidence of the killing. Nothing except a yellow dishwashing glove from a ditch along Highway 9 approaching Lower For Garry which appeared to have blood on it was found.

How could Mark commit this murder when his sons were in the house with him when Bev was murdered? No cuts or scratches were found on his body. Mark was found not guilty and he and his sons now live in Saskatchewan. I think he has written a book. Bev’s sister(s) did not agree with the verdict.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/22/stobbe-trial

I didn't find anything about Thelma Krull's case on Crimestoppers website. The featured 'Crime of the Week' is a double strong armed robbery. They offer a reward for tips received on unsolved crimes. Their website says "if you have information on a crime, call Winnipeg Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (204-786-8477). For residents living outside of the city of Winnipeg please call 1-800-222-8477. Callers never have to reveal their identity. If your tip is helpful, you are eligible to receive an award up to $2000 cash! All awards are paid out using a system designed to maintain your anonymity and you can now submit your tip online."

http://www.winnipegcrimestoppers.org/

I wasn’t able to find out how many women have been attacked in Winnipeg in 2015 on the Internet. In the United States, when a case goes cold, which this case appears to be imo, the FBI get involved. Although WPS admit they are stumped, tmk, no other law enforcement agency, such as the RCMP, has been called in to assist them.

Crosby,

It also rained right after Bevs murder when the police were searching the back yard. That hampered evidence collection.

I hope this case doesn't drag on like the Rowbotham murder with no justice and a killer walking free..

Hope police really have more than "grasping at straws'.

I saw a CBC article about one of the search organizers being connected to the drag the river people. That would be great if they got out on the red river.

Sure hope this lady us found. It's been so long now.

Wasn’t the Red River searched by LE after the public reported seeing a man standing in the Red River early one evening, on a Tuesday, iirc. The good news is the Red River is extremely busy this time of year and the under currents are strong. If Thelma’s body is in the Red River, the chances of it being spotted soon are very high. When she disappeared, she was wearing a bright-colored top.

It is nearly two years since the body of Lisa Gibson, the mother who disappeared after her two children were found fatally injured in the family's home, was found 3 days later in the Red River. Police put out a plea for Gibson to return home Thursday, July 25th, 2013 and began an intensive search. On Friday, they started diving the Assiniboine River near the family home after three people reported sightings of someone who looked like Gibson walking in pyjama pants and looking distraught. Later these reports turned out to be false. Lisa, her husband and two children lived in a house directly across from a small park with a walking trail that led to the River. This is where I believe Lisa entered the river immediately after she drowned her children and left them in the bathtub.

Gibson's body was found on Saturday, July 28, 2013, just a few kilometres downstream from the home, past where the Assiniboine River joins the Red River. Four teenagers from the provincial kayaking team, who were taking part in canoe races, saw it floating near the Alexander Docks.

Police had been searching for Gibson, 32, in the area around the family's Winnipeg Westwood home since her three-month-old son and two-year-old daughter were found close to death in the bathtub at their home on Wednesday morning. The two died after they were rushed to hospital.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/body-of-missing-winnipeg-mom-found-in-red-river-1.1354535

It takes about 24 hours for a body to surface if it is not snagged or weighted down.
The river was not dragged recently. It was searched in one area upstream from where TK went missing.

It also rained right after Bevs murder when the police were searching the back yard. That hampered evidence collection.

It wasn't rain .... "somebody" washed down the back yard with a whole bunch of water from a garden hose right where the evidence was , police said the rest of the yard was not wet like that , blood had been washed away , likely the body was rinsed off too (not much blood in garage or car) .... but forensics found severed fingers , flesh , and skull-bone fragments there

Several other things .... A very large man was seen frantically riding a bike back from Selkirk at midnight .... the defense claimed the husband was overweight (true) and was not a bike rider (partly true at the time) .... but he had a bike in his garage (his dad had bought for him to lose weight) ... and it turns out years earlier during his university days he went on a 1100 km road trip by bicycle ... point is , he was no stranger to bicycles , just overweight in later years.

That whole thing was a tough case , police (RCMP) worked very hard to eliminate all suspects and possibilities , yet had no evidence against their main suspect , any jury would have said not guilty

There have been no further late night , back yard , axe murders , in the 15 years since then.

It rained when the police were in the backyard. I remember very clearly.

Bev Rowbotham’s case.

That was interesting case. It certainly happens too often, an argument turns into violence, especially at night, perhaps after someone has been drinking. One of the key reasons BR's sister believed it was domestic violence was that the victim confided the marriage was under strain, she was very stressed and unhappy, and had a temper herself.

We don't know what Thelma's relationships were like, I'm sure police are discreetly making those inquiries. It seems like a close family, ie children living nearby, close to her brother.

In this case there would have been a challenge in locating her to pick her up, not easy to follow someone on foot as they may take shortcuts - unless there were phone calls and those would be available to LE. Also, it wouldn't be as likely to have been a spur of the moment thing, but premeditated, and then the family got together for a birthday party around or after lunch, ie only a few hours later.

To make someone so completely disappear, in broad daylight in a big city, so much risk of being seen. I wonder if she's been taken somewhere out into the country.

Police are searching Kilcona park pond.

Winnipeg free press is reporting on twitter a body has been recovered on Waterfront Drive

I never quite know where the line is....I thought this was a forum that was friendly to victims and THEIR FAMILY!

Family members are off limits unless thay have been named as suspects. No one is sleuthing the husband, from what i can see. I don't think there is anything wrong with picking apart quotes that appear in mainstream media. I guess a mod will let us know if we are out of bounds.

Speaking of the media: CBC reporting a body has been pulled out of the Red River.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...r-near-waterfront-drive-in-winnipeg-1.3163499

Victim ???? .... we have no victim (yet) , officially its just a missing person (so far)

Winnipeg free press is reporting on twitter a body has been recovered on Waterfront Drive

Where is this in relation to where she was last seen? Thank you for the info KMouse!

Where is this in relation to where she was last seen? Thank you for the info KMouse!
It is upstream. I.e. against the current. Police were searching for a male in the river last week but I don't believe they found anybody. So this could be him and not TK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member