Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winnipeg Free Press is behind a paywall ... anything new ?... still searching ? ... thanks

I've not paid anything, yet can see the article Arnie.

There's nothing new regarding Thelma. The article is about how the family are coping, how they miss her, how they feel she must have come to some harm and how difficult they found the Christmas holidays without her.

Have you read UK Sally Allan's thread? Her circumstances are similar to Thelma's in that she left the house walking, early while her husband was in bed, seemingly no problems. Been described as a very kind lady who was bubbly and caring, loved her family and they loved her, very much. They haven't found Sally as yet but thankfully she was captured several times on CCTV. The family have no idea as to why Sally would do this but have accepted she probably placed herself in the local river.

Sorry, I wouldn't want to hurt anyone with my words as it's only my opinion, but my point was, I can't help wonder if Thelma did something similar.

Edited to add a point.

I don't know if this was mentioned before:

Looking back at old footage: http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/15/thelma-krull-update-at-1-pm I noticed that at about 2:52 mins. into the report, there is mention that information has come forward to support that Lisa spent time walking in the area of Valley Gardens Community Club.

Does anyone know if that was misspoken (the name)? TK's first name was misspoken as Theresa at the very beginning at about 21 seconds in.

All comments are just my opinion.

This thread is dedicated to Thelma Krull. There is no reason whatsoever to turn this discussion into one about aboriginal issues within Canada.

Please read The Rules

RACE/SEX/RELIGION BASHING and INTOLERANCE

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views toward a particular social group (such as race, religion, gender and sexual orientation) are prohibited.

Sorry if its been already said but I think Thelma was distracted by the ear buds she was wearing while walking. You don't notice your environment as much. Secondly I think the perp knocked her glasses off, leaving her unable to see. Where Thelma's glasses were found is a blind spot from the street. It was between on the backside of a hill and a community club building blocking the street. Would have been a perfect spot for someone to take her. I live in the area so I know the surroundings.`

I was just going to post that too.....I wonder how long it will take them to identify the remains?

I was just going to post that too.....I wonder how long it will take them to identify the remains?

Hopefully they do an immediate DNA test .... I see you are in the Winnipeg area too .... not a lot of missing people around here so it should be easy to figure out. (I hope)

Yes the only ones that I can think of in the last year that are unsolved are Thelma (obviously), Kelsie Jones, and Scierra lloy (wearing white runners when she disappeared). It's the boots that make me think it may be Thelma....partial remains though doesn't sound like a "natural" death does it? Good news is some family will get closure bad news is it won't be the closure that they wanted :(

Yes the only ones that I can think of in the last year that are unsolved are Thelma (obviously), Kelsie Jones, and Scierra lloy (wearing white runners when she disappeared). It's the boots that make me think it may be Thelma....partial remains though doesn't sound like a "natural" death does it? Good news is some family will get closure bad news is it won't be the closure that they wanted :(

My guess is Reid Bricker.

The people who found the body say their were pants tucked into the boots and Thelma was wearing capris.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-of-the-missing-in-winnipegs-red-river-1.html

"Searching for traces of the missing in Winnipeg’s Red River
The Red River makes people disappear. And it brings people together — volunteers who spend hours dredging its waters for clues to the fate of murdered and missing indigenous women, suicidal youth, loved ones who have never been found.."

The article at the link doesn't mention Thema, but many others are named. It's a sad and haunting story.

I've followed along with this case for quite awhile waiting for them to find her. I haven't commented much because I don't have any better ideas than anybody else does.

I think she was abducted off the street though and taken to a private residence or a private property. More than likely she was the victim of some kind of foul play. If the perp killed her and buried her on private property, that would go a long way in explaining why none of the searches have turned up much. Her glasses probably got dropped during a strong armed abduction.

Seems to me they may have themselves an opportunistic killer(s) running around Winnipeg.

I only took notice of Thelma's thread today, and think I have finally read most of the posts so I hope I'm all caught up.

How sad she still has not been found.

This case touches me because I can relate to her in so many ways. I am an avid trail walker, and that along with healthier eating got me in better health and shape. So, I like to imagine Thelma and I having similar mindsets and outlooks, possibly.

I wear a pedometer to count steps, so I often walk the the trails in ways that may appear peculiar. I'm trying to reach a certain final count before I finish my walk, so I might take a "long-cut" rather than a short-cut. Or, sometimes I'll feel like challenging myself so I'll include going up and down the same steeper hill twice. So, trying to figure out Thelma's route, if she's like me, might be hard.

My husband and I (retired) like to do our mundane, everyday type of errands together, lol. So, like Thelma I could see myself saying I would meet my husband at a store so we could shop together. Even if it's for something boring like a ladder. (Btw, I didn't know what a Canadian Tire store is--sounded like a place just to get tires put on, but then it like a hardware store, since they were going to buy a ladder?) Maybe after shopping for the ladder, they were going to then drive to the place where she was supposed to pick up the cake before heading back home to get ready for the party.

The eyeglasses being found is alarming. However, the thought a poster here had that she may have taken prescription sunglasses along also, and inadvertently dropped her regular glasses, is plausible, too.

All the inspirational quotes on her Pinterest. I found myself drawn to lots of inspiring quotes as I started feeling better about myself for being fitter and healthier. You feel empowered and in control and those kinds of quotes keep you motivated and on the right road.

What little I know about her, she just reminds me of me! Just going mostly by that, I feel like she must have been abducted and harmed. It just seemed like a normal day, until...it wasn't.

Anyway, just a few thoughts I had.

Welcome to this thread, slowpoke. I relate to Thelma for the same reasons that you do. I get out for a walk before the day begins too.

Canadian Tire is a general hardware store. It's the hangout for approximately 100% of Canadian men, plus or minus a couple %. A Saturday morning trip to Canadian Tire is generally preceded by a stop at Tim Hortons where Canucks fuel up with coffee before checking out the deals at Canadian Tire. That's why the plan to meet at CT is so credible. If they had planned to meet at Sears or W*M, then maybe folks would be raising their eyebrows. Seriously, what guy meets at Sears? But meeting at CT rings true.

Welcome to this thread, slowpoke. I relate to Thelma for the same reasons that you do. I get out for a walk before the day begins too.

Canadian Tire is a general hardware store. It's the hangout for approximately 100% of Canadian men, plus or minus a couple %. A Saturday morning trip to Canadian Tire is generally preceded by a stop at Tim Hortons where Canucks fuel up with coffee before checking out the deals at Canadian Tire. That's why the plan to meet at CT is so credible. If they had planned to meet at Sears or W*M, then maybe folks would be raising their eyebrows. Seriously, what guy meets at Sears? But meeting at CT rings true.

I literally laughed out loud by your description of what Canadian Tire is. I hate that store, it is the grown version for men of a toy store. My husband has been known to spend hours wondering around looking at tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie