Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can fuel up at the reservation. Most people that live semi close would use the opportunity to get cheaper fuel. IMO. My brother buys off the reservation a lot. His work trucks are hard on fuel!

I was on that reserve last year, and specifically stopped for gas, because it was so cheap. I was kind of ticked, because the advertised price on the sign, basically has a footnote.

Unless you have a band card, the cheap price does not apply to you. The station I stopped at was pretty strict.

FWIW

I shouldn't have looked at the engagement and wedding photos of Tim and Sharlene.

She must be inconsolable at this point. They appeared blissfully suited in their pictures. :(

I hope this one has a good ending. What a nightmare.

Does anyone know where "Foundation Studios" is? I couldn't find an address using Google Maps or a google search itself. The ad was posted in Hamilton on Kijiji and indicates a truck filled with band equipment was stolen on Sunday night (the night before Tim went missing). It's odd that the poster doesn't indicate the make/model of the truck...

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...rs-STOLEN-GEAR-PLEASE-HELP-W0QQAdIdZ481756941

A golden-bronze 2005 Cadillac Escalade (+ expensive music gear) was stolen from Sheldon Drive in Cambridge — about a 40 minute drive away from the Bosma’s house.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2555400-truck-loaded-with-gear-stolen-from-band/

Hoping for A POSITIVE OUTCOME.....

Let him go. :(

missing-man-tim-bosma-handout-family-photo.jpg

http://globalnews.ca/toronto/

I shouldn't have looked at the engagement and wedding photos of Tim and Sharlene.

She must be inconsolable at this point. They appeared blissfully suited in their pictures. :(

I hope this one has a good ending. What a nightmare.

Heart-wrenching, the same incredible sadness I felt after looking at Whitney Heichel’s FB pictures.

It’s 9:15 and while there’s still a bit of light in the sky, it’s dark. 72 hours missing. I’m praying they left Tim in the woods and he’s about to walk out any moment now…

When did Tim get the call to test drive the truck? Was he anxious to sell it? Did he normally leave it outside in the driveway overnight? Did they have an alarm on the house?

I just cannot see a theft plan involving the deliberate abduction of a man like that. Have there been other cases of this type of theft, a test drive scam?

"Usually" a seller allows a potential buyer to test drive it by himself. Did the alarm bells go off for Tim with these guys or what?

A couple of scenarios at this link about this type of car scam, that I don't want to consider happened to Tim.

http://www.edmunds.com/sell-car/sell-your-car-safely.html

A man who listed his car for sale on Craigslist is killed by a man who wanted to strip the turbocharger and other parts from the vehicle. A New York man lists his BMW online, only to be stabbed and stuffed into the car's trunk by an ex-con who arranged a meeting on the pretext of buying the vehicle.

i dont know about you but everything that's been going on in these missing persons threads really makes me want to go find a deserted island, far far farrrr away so i can get away from all of this craziness!!!

i dont know about you but everything that's been going on in these missing persons threads really makes me want to go find a deserted island, far far farrrr away so i can get away from all of this craziness!!!

I hear you!!

This one is very close to home
Really frightens me..........

When did Tim get the call to test drive the truck? Was he anxious to sell it? Did he normally leave it outside in the driveway overnight? Did they have an alarm on the house?

I just cannot see a theft plan involving the deliberate abduction of a man like that. Have there been other cases of this type of theft, a test drive scam?

"Usually" a seller allows a potential buyer to test drive it by himself. Did the alarm bells go off for Tim with these guys or what?

I'm wondering if they planned on test driving the truck on their own and just never returning with the truck.

Or did they ask TB to come along for some strange reason???? Why is beyond me???

Or did TB not trust them to return the truck, so he chose to go along with them.

A couple of scenarios at this link about this type of car scam, that I don't want to consider happened to Tim.

http://www.edmunds.com/sell-car/sell-your-car-safely.html

I have all of the same questions
Something is missing at this point for me

And this one in the cars & trucks section:

2007 Dodge Power Ram 3500 Pickup Truck
Please keep a look out for this truck. Our friend had it up on here
2 nights ago 3 guys came to look at it in ancaster 2 got dropped off
And the other guy said he would be back. Our friend tim bosma took the other
2 guys for a test drive near the fair grounds in ancaster. No one ever came back
Thay was 2 nights ago. Lisence plate 726 7zw. Please call police even
If u find a phone on the ground. Thanks go to the hamilton police services facebook page

That's a smart idea, since people that go there will be alerted and, by definition are interested in that type of vehicle so will keep an eye out and on the lookout for anyone selling that kind of vehicle.

We just sold my elderly father-in-law’s sedan. Our mechanic posted a “for sale” sign at his shop and was able to refer 2 potential buyers. The first chap was not a regular customer of our mechanic so DH went for the test drive with him. The second man was a well-respected patron so we just allowed him to take it for a solo spin (and he subsequently purchased it for his daughter).

I think you’d go with the potential purchaser if you were a private seller…

And this one in the cars & trucks section:

That's a smart idea, since people that go there will be alerted and, by definition are interested in that type of vehicle so will keep an eye out and on the lookout for anyone selling that kind of vehicle.

Where does this information about the fairgrounds come from?

What if during the test drive, they got in an accident, and Tim reacted, and the buyers panicked?

2007 Dodge Power Ram 3500 Pickup Truck
Please keep a look out for this truck. Our friend had it up on here
2 nights ago 3 guys came to look at it in ancaster 2 got dropped off
And the other guy said he would be back. Our friend tim bosma took the other
2 guys for a test drive near the fair grounds in ancaster.
No one ever came back
Thay was 2 nights ago. Lisence plate 726 7zw. Please call police even
If u find a phone on the ground. Thanks go to the hamilton police services facebook page

We just sold my elderly father-in-law’s sedan. Our mechanic posted a “for sale” sign at his shop and was able to refer 2 potential buyers. The first chap was not a regular customer of our mechanic so DH went for the test drive with him. The second man was a well-respected patron so we just allowed him to take it for a solo spin (and he subsequently purchased it for his daughter).

I think you’d go with the potential purchaser if you were a private seller…

I think the average person would have, before this case. After reading about it, I think I would ask to see their license, snap a pic of it with my phone and let them go test drive my vehicle without me.

Yes, anyone can fill up on gas at the reserve, but as another poster said...in order to get the lower priced gas you must have a status card HOWEVER...there are a few "shady" gas stations that won't bat an eye if you ask for the lower price without a card. Six Nations is a HUGE space...many back roads leading to nothing, woods, abandoned buildings...so many places for someone or a truck to be hiding. Not to mention that there are several ways in and out of the reserve and anyone can come and go as they please. I am there often myself and can drive on some of the gravel roads without seeing another vehicle or person for a long time...

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member