Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #3 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't log in this morning for some reason.....just checking in WOW he was found deceased. AM's fb and twitter is gone. Any more arrests?

That's interesting about not being able to log in this morning, I couldn't get in either it was saying something about maintenance on this site (which I have never had happen before today). Was it down for everyone? Wondering if LE were getting the threads from here to go over for tips. Maybe I'm just thinking too much...lol.:moo:

Information here:
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2875368-timothy-bosma-found-dead/[/QUOTE]

The name of the family friend is wrong. Or not the admin of the "official site". And I want to once again bring up a previous comment made about this person working out of the waterloo airport. Coincidence? This person also teaches flight school. Did anyone else notice on AM's fb that the one pic said something about flight school? Please tell me I am not the only person who has noticed these things...

That's interesting about not being able to log in this morning, I couldn't get in either it was saying something about maintenance on this site (which I have never had happen before today). Was it down for everyone? Wondering if LE were getting the threads from here to go over for tips. Maybe I'm just thinking too much...lol.:moo:

According to doj.me the site was down this am.

Worked fine for me?

Saddened with today's announcement.... I send my sincere condolences to the family... God bless...

If he is guilty, let him confess, and provide the evidence.

Now, in light of such a tragic turn in this troubling story, is probably not the time to debate the fundamentals of our legal system - but the fact is, however heinous a crime may be; however emotionally overwrought we, the public may become; one is never required to incriminate oneself when charged with a crime. Instead, it is up to the accusers to have sufficient evidence to sustain the charge in the courtroom, and find the defendant guilty as charged beyond all reasonable doubt. At first blush, given the apparent senselessness and heartbreaking cruelty of this crime, there probably isn't one of us unwilling to tear DM's rights to shreds and see him receive punishment at least equal to that we're convinced he handed out to TM and we feel pretty much the same way about those we're equally convinced assisted him and, frankly, we're not above a bit of vigilante twitterism to track the dogs down. And we'd be dead wrong to do so. Sleuthing is one thing. This case and others amply demonstrate the value of the contributions of citizen sleuths in helping gather useful evidence. But interpreting a call for "justice" for a victim as justification for a rush to judgement is something else altogether. Maybe the Occams Razor solution will indeed turn out to be the underlying motivation for this horrible and essentially stupid crime. Maybe something even more sinister is afoot - perhaps involving persons we could not possibly know about and maybe not even known to the accused himself - I dunno, just looking out over the scene here - perhaps something complex and so far reaching that could completely exonerate DM, if known, but that we might never learn about unless the case against him is examined in every detail and from every angle. So let's not call for judicial shortcuts or systemic changes or extreme punishment of those charged or those we are convinced should be charged. We don't have the professional training, experience, manpower or access to forensic evidence to support those approaches and, sadly, there have been instances already where lives have been ruined by inaccurate online attacks often led by people with the best of intentions. In my view, what we do best is sleuth - this site has assembled a smart little army of on the ground neighbors and friends and amateur PI's around the nation who knuckle down and gather some truly extraordinary evidentiary contributions. In this I see the role more as a kind of pure scientific data gathering. In this approach you don't set out with the end theory in mind and then gather only the information that supports your idea, discarding all other information regardless of how compelling it may be. Instead, you gather all the data you can and allow it to lead you towards its only possible conclusion. In this respect I see our sleuthing as having tremendous value. We don't have the onerous task of proving the guilt of DM or any of his associates. Instead, as we continue to try to piece together as much as we can from practical sleuthing, we might actually begin to unravel the threads of what actually happened and who was actually involved (even if it doesn't end up including any of the aforementioned). And THAT would truly lead to justice for Tim Bosma and the young family from whom he was so needlessly and ruthlessly torn.

It's IMO of course and sorry, folks, for the lecture. I'm just truly broken up by this news and also worried that the public will now run recklessly "off in all directions" AKA American style media frenzy with all the negative response such hysteria inevitably provokes.

Again that's IMHO

There is nothing more depressing than coming to WS and finding the title of the thread changed to - Found Deceased. I had such hope in this case for some reason. Set myself up for heartbreak.

so true, heartbreaking each time. RIP Tim

Was someone else living at this property? was he renting it out to someone..he lived in Toronto perhaps someone else lives at the AYR location?

I don't think there is a house on the property. It's very common around here for farmers to rent land (ours is rented). There was corn in the field last year, which means probably beans this year. Beans haven't been planted yet.

I hope they go over that farm with ground penetrating radar and magnetometers and whatever else they have available to find what ever else might be hidden there.

Wow. :(

I see Tim is wearing the steel engineers ring on his pinky. Not that it means anything in particular related to this case, its just something I hadn't heard about him previously.
My heart hurts for his wife and daughter.

What does that mean?

So sad for Tim and the Bosma family and friends. Heel veel sterkte. Safe in the arms of Jesus.

I think he just means it would be awkward to kill someone, especially if you don't have a gun, to kill someone while they're sitting in the passenger seat beside you as you drive down the highway. Whoever was sitting behind Tim would have been more likely the person directly involved in Tim's death if he was killed in the truck. They may have stopped somewhere during the test drive, and all gotten out to have a "discussion" and that's when things took a turn for the worst... just too many unknowns about where and how things happened at this time.

Exactly.

LE did not note they found his car today. Perhaps at 2:30. Will be interested to hear about the chain of evidence - what little they can reveal publicly. They have not named other POI or suspects, though if you have followed these threads, it is obvious there are others involved. LE will use the fact of who actually 'pulled the proverbial trigger' in getting this group to turn on each other, cut deals, etc. This is still a high stakes, far from over investigation by Hamilton Police. My bet is that suspects are already talking and may have been for days. The best deal one of them will get is negotiating what penitentiary they go to for the next 25 years.

The thing about criminals is they are always more stupid than they, themselves, think. They always think they can stay two steps ahead LE and will only admit to themselves they have been caught in their own tangle of mistakes long after they should. Millard and his flunkies were always going to get caught by LE in some type of illicit activity. It is just terribly sad it was the murder of a good man just trying to sell his truck.

Last checked this thread at 3 am, returned late this morning to find 12 new pages and a burned body. I had no doubts they killed him, but it hurts all the same. Especially with the finding that they burned his body.

My comfort is that his wife, and he, believed that in death they would reign forever with Christ. I'm thankful he is in glory!! My prayer is that God restores the love and life and laughter that Tim's wife once shared with him. God bless them.

Lets hope that police will catch the other two but I suspect SS and AM most likely will seek lawyers by now

Dammit. I was really hopeful that Tim would be found alive. I'm so furious right now. Over a <modsnip> truck?!

The name of the family friend is wrong. Or not the admin of the "official site". And I want to once again bring up a previous comment made about this person working out of the waterloo airport. Coincidence? This person also teaches flight school. Did anyone else notice on AM's fb that the one pic said something about flight school? Please tell me I am not the only person who has noticed these things...

What person working out of the Waterloo Airport? I am sorry, you have lost me.

Welcome all new members! :greetings:

I am so sorry we met under these sad circumstances. :tears:

What does that mean?

it doesn't really mean anything in particular to the case. Just that I didn't know he was an engineer. Engineering graduates are given a steel or iron ring "as a symbol and reminder of the obligations and ethics associated with their profession"

It was more just a personal observation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member