Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lawyer did say he brought him the clothes he had on today..I assume he would be wearing his Jail "duds" otherwise

No, they would of given him his clothes that he had on the day he was arrested if his lawyer hadn't of brought him clothes. My nephew stayed in Barton back in August for a minor domestic charge. Barton is mainly a holding cell during court proceedings. They are transferred to another jail if their stay is longer than 60 days. Since DM is denied bail and the hearing will take about 2 years then he will be transferred out eventually. And supposedly barton is nothing compared to the "long term" jails. Goodluck with that DM.

seems to me DM is well educated

Until I see transcripts with GPA's, I do not believe DM is 'well educated'. Going to a good school does not mean anything other than his parents had the money to send him there.

This isn't necessarily me calling you out, Gibson. Just that I've seen it mentioned a lot but you were the last person to do so. There is no proof he is smart, yet it is being said with almost absolute certainty that he has some sort of intelligence. This is something we are being told, not shown.

I'm slowly starting to wonder what the heck is going on, this picture doesn't add up. So many of us say that DM is a smart man, its obvious he is. And almost any one of us would say leaving a tralier with Tim's truck at his mother's and leaving a burned body on his own property is the dumbest move ever as a criminal. I think DM knows more than he's telling but I am starting to wonder if he was set up somehow. Maybe he did test drive the first vehicle but didn't with the second? Maybe there's a ring that purposely stragetically set this all up to have fingers pointed at DM.

But then again, DM owned the trailer.. And if DM was set up then how did the trailer get out of his possession. I am anxiously going to be waiting for this story to surface.

This is exactly what my theory is. I don't want to rule out DM's guilt here but this all doesn't add up. Organized car theft ring? Not buying it. Plenty of ways to steal a vehicle and leave the owner unharmed. Going from routine car theft to a planned murder is a HUGE distance and I just don't see it.

What ticks me off here is that I have not heard that TB's wife was able to ID DM as the man that was on their property. If i missed it, can someone point me to this piece of information? The only thing that links Etobicoke seller and TB is the phone. The ownership of the phone is unknown and it is not clear who was making the calls.

CP24 also said that kijiji confirmed that TM did not have any personal info in his ad about the truck..so I am thinking these guys got this thru auto trader

I knew I had read that it did have his phone number in the ad... I went back to the first thread and found this post by jash:
Although the Kijiji ad has since been removed (maybe by LE for investigative purposes?), I remember clicking on it last night and in addition to providing his phone number, Tim had also inputted his address (or postal code at least -- and here in Canada, our postal codes are for a very specific area, unlike the American zip code which covers a large area and a number of streets) such that anyone could click on the map link and see where he lived. If these guys really were targeting the truck, they might have chosen TB's specifically because he lived in a more rural area.

That is from the first thread, post 47, on May 8th. Maybe Jash can reconfirm this for us, since I see he/she is here :)

Until I see transcripts with GPA's, I do not believe DM is 'well educated'. Going to a good school does not mean anything other than his parents had the money to send him there.

This isn't necessarily me calling you out, Gibson. Just that I've seen it mentioned a lot but you were the last person to do so. There is no proof he is smart, yet it is being said with almost absolute certainty that he has some sort of intelligence. This is something we are being told, not shown.

If it's true that DM did in fact write his father's obit, he's fairly intelligent based on that at least.

This is exactly what my theory is. I don't want to rule out DM's guilt here but this all doesn't add up. Organized car theft ring? Not buying it. Plenty of ways to steal a vehicle and leave the owner unharmed. Going from routine car theft to a planned murder is a HUGE distance and I just don't see it.

What ticks me off here is that I have not heard that TB's wife was able to ID DM as the man that was on their property. If i missed it, can someone point me to this piece of information? The only thing that links Etobicoke seller and TB is the phone. The ownership of the phone is unknown and it is not clear who was making the calls.

Why would they need to publish how, specifically, he was identified? We don't know for sure that the only thing linking them is the phone. The police did say, though, that "the phone led us to him". There is obviously more detail that we aren't being told, which is the evidence needed for the case.

Its quite possible she didn't get a good look at them. Which explains why her description of them was so generic and no sketches were done. Many times when my husband is showing off a car he's selling I would get a glimpse of them and could give an approx height of the buyers by comparing it to my husband's. But I would not be able to find their face in a line up if I needed to do so.

Once my husband sold a car, actually he traded. And I remember getting a horrible feeling/ vibe from the other guys that I took a picture from my bedroom window lol. Only because I knew I couldn't see their face and if something went wrong I wouldn't of been able to do much.

DM lawyer said this when asked anything you'd like to say to the Bosma family

Condolences, My client feels remorseful for what's happened.

This combined with the comment about another story to this situation. I believe we're going to find out DM was a pawn of sorts. And did not know it was all gonna go down like this.

I know a few wealthy youngsters and almost all have fancy toys big bank accounts and always act like they are something tough or whatever like they don't want to seem like they have a silver spoon in their mouth but they're all talk and usually are the furthest away from any serious trouble... I think DM got in over his head with someone and had no idea what was gonna happen. I believe he's involved but not the mastermind. My .02

If it's true that DM did in fact write his father's obit, he's fairly intelligent based on that at least.

I don't mean to be rude, but how so? It actually struck me as heartfelt yet written by someone of average, to below, intelligence. He writes, "What few words could make comment here"? That doesn't even make sense. "Carefreeness"? That's not even a real word. And this is something he had a lot of time to write and go over.

That does not strike me as intelligent, I'm sorry.

Edited: Apparently "carefreeness" is a word. Sorry about that! I still stand by the terrible sentence structure, poor wording, and the odd use of ellipsis. It comes off as very faux-erudite, IMO.

I'm slowly starting to wonder what the heck is going on, this picture doesn't add up. So many of us say that DM is a smart man, its obvious he is. And almost any one of us would say leaving a tralier with Tim's truck at his mother's and leaving a burned body on his own property is the dumbest move ever as a criminal. I think DM knows more than he's telling but I am starting to wonder if he was set up somehow. Maybe he did test drive the first vehicle but didn't with the second? Maybe there's a ring that purposely stragetically set this all up to have fingers pointed at DM.

But then again, DM owned the trailer.. And if DM was set up then how did the trailer get out of his possession. I am anxiously going to be waiting for this story to surface.

I think it is quite obvious that DM is not a smart man. Just because he went to a French Immersion school doesn't make him smart. He could fly at a young age due to his Dad and Grand Dad showing him how. I have friends who have their pilot's license, and they all say it is very easy to fly. The hard part is coming up with the flying hours necessary to get your license, and having a lot of money to pay for those hours. DM had both the time and his Dad's money to provide for this. Again, this does not make DM a smart man, just a privileged one. Nothing I have seen on here or anywhere makes me think for a second that DM had a high IQ. JMHO

DM's lawyer got the heroin guys off on a technicality (or reduced) because a juror had a print out of Caylee Anthony's trial and it was seen in the courtroom. Judge said no media print outs allowed. This was in MSM. All it takes it one little slip up from someone to ruin a case. And bet on it that they will be looking for that here. Anything.

Actually lawyer wants re-trial.

<modsnip>

I can't even seem to find DM's Facebook, live or cached. Is it still live?

It is still live but he does not use his full name, it is his initials spelt the way they sound. He has a photo of a cat in a bowl as his profile picture and only a handful of friends. <modsnip>

yes it is, it's spelled phonetically .... Dee Em. Oakville, Ont.

Not sure if we can link it directly or not, but that should get you there :)

I know it's a drawing, not a picture, so things may be off, but it seems to depict DM as having a very slender, almost having an emancipated, look. A possible build you might see a drug addict having. Completely MOO, of course. It just seems that from previous pictures of him he was trim but still had a bulk to him. Drugs would not surprise me. Many affluent people do drugs as recreational, then become addicted when something tragic or unexpected happens and they turn to them for escapism.

Possibly.

On the other hand, since the disappearance and death of Tim, time has elapsed, and someone under incredible stress, for say, direct implication in the death of an innocent man, might not be feeling hungry enough to eat....

Hello everyone, first post. I live close by, have friends that knew Tim and have driven past his house a number of times, I also have young children. This case has really gotten to me; I’m following everything I can about it including this great forum from the first of thousands of posts.

With the news this morning about DM’s girlfriend being an “important witness to the crown” I’d like to throw this out there … what if DM girlfriend is cooperating with LE? What if she was the driver of the second vehicle (possibly DM’s Yukon)? LE said “we know who you are”; she may be the link. This would also explain how AM was eliminated so quickly. It would also explain how they know the remains are TB, I thought the way they worded “We are convinced by the totality of the evidence” was odd but this avoids saying it was based on a cooperating witness.

I still can’t wrap my head around motive with this. I want to believe “it was just a truck” but with DM’s background it doesn’t seem to add up. I guess DM could be running a chop shop and TB fought and things turned ugly in the attempted carjacking. Although this seems flawed as any smart criminal would not knowingly include a witness. I drove past a dozen or more Dodge 3500’s in the past week, they’re not rare.

As for DM’s lawyers comments thus far … IMO he is trying to get the conspiracy theorists thinking and steering people away from DM to establish reasonable doubt.

Hello my fellow sleuths :)

Been reading since yesterday, I feel right at home here... came across much the same info, names etc.. but, you filled in a few blanks.

Are there any links through names for SS's last name? I found many of the same "chat board" stuff out there too and some interesting... like having a wife and "not out"... "bi" the way...

The Interview with his lawyer was interesting... DM feels "extremely remorseful"?

Correct me if I am wrong but, don't you have to have done something wrong in order to feel remorseful about?

Perhaps he was forced into it, and handed a phone to use. I have to assume the 2nd suspect has been identified by truck forensics, and due to the irregular plot, we cannot rule out DM's innocence 100%. Im sure his best friends knew of hi properties and what equipment there was access too. Maybe backseat guy killed TB and put gun to DM's head and layed down the rules.

Although you are right that its not out of the realm of possibility, what i have a hard time understanding is that if I am 100% innocent and its truly a setup, ill be giving police ALL the cooperation i can from day 1. If other perps are out there, you don't want to give them time to hide their tracks or get away.

On the other hand, whats more believable to me is:
1) As dumb as it is to tow the stolen truck to your mom's house in Kleinberg and leave charred remains in your other property of Waterloo, he must have assumed that police would never investigate him in the first place.

2) Without that cell phone lead and the improbable identification of his tattoo, from the sounds of LE yesterday it would have been very hard to even look into DM.

3) DM has no prior criminal record, no known association to the victim, etc. How many trailers and trucks drive around the province every day? Would be hard to consider them all suspicious. The incinerator is also only suspicious now that the body was found burned. If there is no reason to look for burned remains on a farm or for a stollen truck in a trailer in Kleinberg, there is no evidence/case here.

4) Money cannot be the motive! IMO the kid has access to funds, getting a line of credit around ANY of his properties would have been a quick 45min trip to any bank branch, makes ZERO sense to murder someone for a truck worth less than $20k. Not to mention any existing lines of credit, bank accounts attached to the family corporations.

5) Accidental kill/Thrill Kill is a possibility. If so, there are probably other victims from the past who hopefully got out alive.

6) At this point if i am DM and i know i am guilty, i do everything i can to get bail (even if its in the millions). Then i run. So if this is the strategy, then remaining completely silent is the only play here. Admit ANY involvement and you can kiss ANY chance at bail goodbye.

7) If point #6 is true then i bet he starts singing like a bird if/when his bailed is denied and rats out ALL his accomplices!

8) I would be shocked if the other suspects haven't attempted to flee yet. They must realize that this "nice, smart young man" isn't going to take this entire wrap himself and since chances are he is the only one in the group with the sort of funds to put up a high-priced defence, they have only to realistic options. RUN or Cut a deal with the prosecutor before DM cuts one first.

Your Comments/Thoughts always welcome.

Question i am curious about:
a) Do we know who noticed the tattoo in the first place? TB's wife, test drive victim #1 or both?

DM lawyer said this when asked anything you'd like to say to the Bosma family

Condolences, My client feels remorseful for what's happened.

This combined with the comment about another story to this situation. I believe we're going to find out DM was a pawn of sorts. And did not know it was all gonna go down like this.

I know a few wealthy youngsters and almost all have fancy toys big bank accounts and always act like they are something tough or whatever like they don't want to seem like they have a silver spoon in their mouth but they're all talk and usually are the furthest away from any serious trouble... I think DM got in over his head with someone and had no idea what was gonna happen. I believe he's involved but not the mastermind. My .02

I believe DM has flown under the radar, so to speak, for quite some time. Someone mentioned earlier Paul Bernardo did not have a criminal record. I think DM did not have the commitment to have "ambition" to make an honest day to day living and was only interested in making easy fast cash and to appear as to be working and making money to family.

Possibly.

On the other hand, since the disappearance and death of Tim, time has elapsed, and someone under incredible stress, for say, direct implication in the death of an innocent man, might not be feeling hungry enough to eat....

Extremely true! I did think of that, however, it's only been nine days. I'm not an expert on the anatomy, but I think it might take a bit longer to look that poorly. It's all just speculation and opinion on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya