Found Alive Canada - Wanzhen Lu, 22, Kidnapped, Markham, Ontario, 24 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
March 26, 2019:

Emergency response from the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto:

"The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto attaches great importance to this case and immediately activated the consular protection emergency mechanism. We contacted the YRP for all relevant details, asked them to spare no efforts to rescue the victim safely, and take concrete measures to protect the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens within our consular district. We also contacted the victim's family immediately after we learned the news and informed them of the situation."

The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto initiated an emergency response to the kidnapping

If the plan was to abduct WL. The perps knew there were cameras in the underground garage. They knew the kidnapping was going to be 'witnessed' by video recording. That's why they wore clothing to hide their faces. Because of this I don't think the gf factored in to their plan one way or other. They only wanted to abduct WL and expected no resistance from the gf if she were to be there ..... however, if gf had a conceal-carry permit and was packing, then that'd be a major wrench in the perps' plans.

Am I the only one thinking that this sounds like some sort of third world thuglike thing where people are kidnapped and thugs expect that no one does anything except wait for the family to pay the ransom? Obviously that isn't how things work in Canada, but could these thugs be thinking that they can get away with this?

Last edited:
March 26, 2019:

Emergency response from the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto:

"The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto attaches great importance to this case and immediately activated the consular protection emergency mechanism. We contacted the YRP for all relevant details, asked them to spare no efforts to rescue the victim safely, and take concrete measures to protect the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens within our consular district. We also contacted the victim's family immediately after we learned the news and informed them of the situation."

The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto initiated an emergency response to the kidnapping

This is very bad timing in terms of Canada - China relations, with the Huawei/USA extradition problem, canola export problem, and two detained Canadians who are falsely accused of spying. It is no surprise that China wants to escalate this to an international event.

Am I the only one thinking that this sounds like some sort of third world thuglike thing where people are kidnapped and thugs expect that no one does anything except wait for the family to pay the ransom? Obviously that isn't how things work in Canada, but could these thugs be thinking that they can get away with this?

I think almost anything is on the table at this juncture.

Kidnap for ransom, set up hoax kidnap for ransom, drug related, organized crime related, etc. etc.

Based on the tone of Toronto Police, they seemed concerned about whether he is dead or alive at this stage.

I'm on the fence about a lot of things right now. It could be almost anything.

It may even be political kidnapping, if WL is well connected back home.

I have not heard of an emergency response from a PRC consulate before, for a kidnapping. JMO

March 26, 2019:

This is very bad timing in terms of Canada - China relations, with the Huawei/USA extradition problem, canola export problem, and two detained Canadians who are falsely accused of spying. It is no surprise that China wants to escalate this to an international event.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the emergency response from the Consulate.

You can be sure that the "consular protection emergency mechanism" will involve overseeing this investigation. They may also be already working on their own investigation parallel to the police investigation.

Unless it's a rendition, which seems doubtful, in which case he'd end up back in China, unscathed.

These are my own opinions.

I'm very concerned about the safety of this young man. I know everyone is.

Last edited:
Police confirm 22-year-old victim of alleged abduction in Markham has been found
On Tuesday night, a man, identifying himself as “Lu” showed up at a home alone near Gravenhurst and asked for assistance, according to Ontario Provincial Police.

Sgt. Jason Folz told CP24 that a person at the residence then called police and stated the matter.

He was taken to hospital to be assessed for what appear to be minor injuries, Folz said.

Interviews with investigators are currently being conducted and York Regional Police are expected to provide an update on the case at 11 p.m.

JeremyCohn@JeremyCohnTV

Missing #Markham man Wanzhen Lu was dropped off by his abductors on a rural road in Gravenhurst (Muskoka) and ran to a house for help. The victim had a hood over his head, was tied up, minor injuries. 2 suspects believed to be involved, not yet caught. OPP investigating. @YRP

JeremyCohn@JeremyCohnTV

Missing #Markham man Wanzhen Lu was dropped off by his abductors on a rural road in Gravenhurst (Muskoka) and ran to a house for help. The victim had a hood over his head, was tied up, minor injuries. 2 suspects believed to be involved, not yet caught. OPP investigating. @YRP

Gravenhurst, Ontario
160 km north of Toronto
1:50:00 driving time

Live press conference.

The 35 year old man whom the police initially considered a suspect has been released unconditionally. No charges have been laid.

The four suspects are all still on the loose.

Mr. Lu will recover fine from his injuries.

His parents are sincerely relieved.

Motive still not known to police.

Last edited:
Released on Doe Lake Rd in Gravenhurst.

All 4 suspects are still at large. 35 yr old man that was arrested this morning was released unconditionally and is not one of the suspects.

WL in good condition, found just before 9pm and taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Police waiting to speak to WL to get more information.

Interesting turn of events. The four suspects must have decided that it's better to be convicted of kidnapping than murder. I wonder if the victim's bank accounts have been accessed, and whether the 4 suspects are now at the Toronto airport waiting for flights to points unknown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back