Found Alive Canada - Wanzhen Lu, 22, Kidnapped, Markham, Ontario, 24 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was such a great relief to learn that this young man is alive and well.
Thank you for sharing the wonderful news of this @ace !

I wonder if the motive will ever be shared with the public. After all, Mr. Lu has been with the abductors since Saturday, and if he couldn't tell the police over the past few hours what he thought the motive was - it may indeed remain a mystery!

It is just so amazing to hear that he was released from his captors and is alive.

I am amazed actually, and very elated he is released and not harmed. Anyone else think the kidnappers contacted his family and a deal was struck behind the police backs so to speak? Ransom paid privately after family arrived, and the boy released. I think its possible. IMHO

I am amazed actually, and very elated he is released and not harmed. Anyone else think the kidnappers contacted his family and a deal was struck behind the police backs so to speak? Ransom paid privately after family arrived, and the boy released. I think its possible. IMHO

Dear Portabella,

This is entirely possible. The motive may always remain a mystery.

Yeah.....hmmmm.

So, just to sum up a few things here:

1. Kidnappers had access to the underground parking and knew where he parked and when he would be there. They needed a key fob to enter. How did they get a key fob? How did they know where he parked? How did they know he would be there that night?

2. He was kidnapped and an eyewitness was left at the scene, unharmed. She saw it all and was able to report it. She witnessed it. Proof that it happened. Was this done intentionally or was it just a mistake?

3. No ransom demand was made. Hmmmmm? Why? Did the masterminds of this kidnapping think that it would go the same way it goes in China? Nobody says anything. A ransom demand is made, payment is received and life goes on. Nobody really knows about it. It never hits the media. This kidnapping is front page news and growing bigger every day. Now the planners and instigators have a problem. Get rid of the guy (kill him) or dump him and take off. None of this media thing was supposed to happen. They made a mistake leaving the witness behind. Whoever is behind this, made a huge mistake in that regard.

4. The victim was dropped off, virtually unhurt, in a populated area where he could seek assistance. This guaranteed that he would be found.

I'm going to go sit on my hands for a bit. :)

Yes, that is another odd fact to this case. WL is released unharmed as soon as his parents arrive. Quite possible a deal was being struck outside the LE investigation. How did these men know this would happen though and why this target? I saw on the news tonight that there are others with high end vehicles living at the same condo as WL. They showed another Lamborghini exiting the building today.

MOO

Victim of alleged abduction in Markham found after knocking on door of Gravenhurst home
"Lu is currently being interviewed by investigators as this case is “far from over,” Pattenden said.

“Four suspects are still outstanding in this case,” he said. “We’re very concerned that they are still out there and I can tell you that our efforts are far from over.”

“We are going to continue with this until those four suspects are found and brought into custody.”

The motive behind this incident remains under investigation as well, Pattenden said."

One more thing...

"CBC Toronto has also obtained vehicle registration documents on the Range Rover showing a lien put on the vehicle as of March 25."

Chinese student taken from parking garage found alive — but police still searching for suspects | CBC News

What does it mean that a lien was put on a Range Rover. Was that a vehicle that he owned? Was he leasing really nice vehicles and claiming that he owned them?

Was he over spending on a life of luxury on his parents dime, and he wanted more money so he staged a kidnapping for ransom - but it didn't go as planned?

March 26, 2019:

Emergency response from the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto:

"The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto attaches great importance to this case and immediately activated the consular protection emergency mechanism. We contacted the YRP for all relevant details, asked them to spare no efforts to rescue the victim safely, and take concrete measures to protect the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese citizens within our consular district. We also contacted the victim's family immediately after we learned the news and informed them of the situation."

The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Toronto initiated an emergency response to the kidnapping
This is very bad timing in terms of Canada - China relations, with the Huawei/USA extradition problem, canola export problem, and two detained Canadians who are falsely accused of spying. It is no surprise that China wants to escalate this to an international event.
For sure. Tensions high. I'm sure the Chinese are suspicious of anything that negative affects Chinese Nationals on Canadian soil.

JeremyCohn@JeremyCohnTV

Missing #Markham man Wanzhen Lu was dropped off by his abductors on a rural road in Gravenhurst (Muskoka) and ran to a house for help. The victim had a hood over his head, was tied up, minor injuries. 2 suspects believed to be involved, not yet caught. OPP investigating. @YRP
The video clearly showed 3 suspects. What led LE to believe (declare) only 2 suspects are involved? This is puzzling. Maybe to make the 3rd suspect relax and hope he slips up?

Gravenhurst, Ontario
160 km north of Toronto
1:50:00 driving time
from the alleged point of abduction to Doe Lake Road, Gravenhurst is 1 hour and 45 minutes drive via Hwy407ETR (would have photographed the licence plate) and Hwy400/Hwy11 or 1 hour and 57 minutes via Hwy 7 and Hwy 48/Hwy12/11. GoogleMaps.

WL is in a bachelor of business administration program at Yorkville University (it's an online/on-campus school that has been in Ontario since 2017... as an international student, he is required to do the majority of courses in person at 2000 Steeles Ave. W in Vaughan).

I wonder how he is doing in school. The winter term ended Friday, March 22. I assume he should have been writing exams now.

Chinese student taken from parking garage found alive — but police still searching for suspects | CBC News

Specialization in Project Management - Yorkville University

Last edited:
Jammar Allison was also abducted in a black Dodge Caravan in June:

CANADA - Canada - Jammar Allison, 25, Toronto, 1 Jun 2018 *abducted*

Same tinted windows. Maybe a connection?
Van in JA’s case. Also linking this thread there.

—-

WL is in a bachelor of business administration program at Yorkville University (it's an online/on-campus school that has been in Ontario since 2017... as an international student, he is required to do the majority of courses in person at 2000 Steeles Ave. W in Vaughan).

I wonder how he is doing in school. The winter term ended Friday, March 22. I assume he should have been writing exams now.

Specialization in Project Management - Yorkville University

Sorry if repost, catching up.

From the above article:

“Lu, who also goes by the name "Peter," drove a number of luxury vehicles, including a Lamborghini, Rolls Royce and Range Rover, police confirmed to CBC Toronto on Tuesday.”

Last edited:
One more thing...

"CBC Toronto has also obtained vehicle registration documents on the Range Rover showing a lien put on the vehicle as of March 25."

Towards the bottom of the article, there is an image of what is purportedly his Instagram page. Police haven't confirmed it belongs to him but it certainly appears that way to me.

https://i.cbc.ca/1.5073146.15536577...erivatives/original_780/lu-instagram-page.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr
Back