Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mr Boyle is lucky he didn't get he and his family shot dead and buried somewhere in the desert. All of this seems so silly and unnecssary to the point that I wondered briefly if they were spies or something of that nature. ... Something just does not ring true of this entire saga.

The bandits tried to sell the family to the Taliban in the first few days. The Taliban said no. In other words, the Taliban had his number from the get-go. Never was “hired” as the terrorist he wanted to be.

I have not read every recent post so apologies if someone already made this comment.

Back in October, when this family landed in Canada, and we had a lot to say... I figured his true colors would come out eventually. If all of the ideas we discussed early on about the bad choices he made (deliberate or not... ahem...) were true (as most of us agreed) then it would not be long before he acted like that again, because that is who he is.

And look, yep, there he is, being who he is.

No surprise. If it looks like a duck...

A lot of the money they are receiving is because they have children, probably at least 1/2 of the total. The quoted rates are also the absolute maximum, as income goes up benefits go down. It's likely the Boyle's would be getting maximum of everything because benefits are based on previous year taxable income (so doubt they had any income in 2016). It's not the kids fault their dad is "sketchy", Canada provides social benefits for kids regardless of who their parents might be...

Of course it’s not the kids fault their dad is sketchy. But the benefits must be in his name since he is the Canadian citizen, and CC is not. Given his controlling nature, who knows where your tax dollars are being spent once it gets into his hands. It could go right into the hands of terrorists.

If JB gets out on bail in the next week or so, to me, that just proves that his family is in denial. I’ll keep my mouth shut regarding my political thoughts on his hypothetical release after one week in jail.

Me too. I think JB gaslighted her. There's no way a moving guerrilla unit would somehow have oestrogen to sprinkle on the food of female hostages. Anyway, if they wanted to kill a child in the womb, they only had to beat the mother, which God knows alas they've done before.
Ya think?? Scary thought.... did she actually see who beat and assualted her? Would’t Put it past this sick puppy to impress his ‘captives’. And maybe they WERE just her captives.

Catching up with the lastest articles.

My goodness - this woman has been TORTURED for years. Manipulated, used, beaten, raped, brainwashed, tormented.

I didn't realize until today that she gave birth to her first child alone. Can you image what that would be like? It's hard enough to have your first child, but to give birth in captivity and alone (unless her captors were with her, which might not have been any comfort)?

He makes me so mad.

jmo

Me too. I think JB gaslighted her. There's no way a moving guerrilla unit would somehow have oestrogen to sprinkle on the food of female hostages. Anyway, if they wanted to kill a child in the womb, they only had to beat the mother, which God knows alas they've done before.

If they were using birth control pills as poison, it would have been a lot more effective on him! They coulda got a twofer...made it impossible for him to make babies and made him shut up! They probably would have got a good laugh out of it besides.

It seems very far-fetched that they'd have birth control pills anyway, although I suppose they could have force-fed CC birth control pills to prevent her from becoming pregnant yet one more time.

Although this whole story sounds like a big joke, it's possible some elements are true. I hope, in the course of time, we can find out what actually happened.

Probably easier to keep your wife submissive and silent in a hotel room than a family home.
Yes, exactly. Josh couldn't assault Caitlan in front of his parents, as Islam endorses seen in the verses I posted, when Caitlan wasn't submissive.

Catching up with the lastest articles.

My goodness - this woman has been TORTURED for years. Manipulated, used, beaten, raped, brainwashed, tormented.

I didn't realize until today that she gave birth to her first child alone. Can you image what that would be like? It's hard enough to have your first child, but to give birth in captivity and alone (unless her captors were with her, which might not have been any comfort)?

He makes me so mad.

jmo

It's hard to know how much of the Afghanistan story is true, though. I agree she's been manipulated and likely beaten, and must have felt terribly alone, but who's to know there weren't other women folks helping her out?

A reminder to everyone please DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC.

Thank you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled postings.

Tricia

It's hard to know how much of the Afghanistan story is true, though. I agree she's been manipulated and likely beaten, and must have felt terribly alone, but who's to know there weren't other women folks helping her out?

True - there might have been women to help her. But my overall reaction to all this is that her husband tortured her through manipulation and putting her in that situation . She was used by him from the start, jmo.

True - there might have been women to help her. But my overall reaction to all this is that her husband tortured her through manipulation and putting her in that situation . She was used by him from the start, jmo.
In the last article posted, it was stated that Islamic "rules" wouldn't allow the abuse of a pregnant woman. This made me wonder if Josh intentionally impregnated Caitlan so he could more safely complete his "humanitarian work" in Afghanistan. He thought he would benefit by having a pregnant wife. Caitlan was only a pawn in his big plan.

(I don't actually believe Josh went to Afghanistan to do humanitarian work.)

In the last article posted, it was stated that Islamic "rules" wouldn't allow the abuse of a pregnant woman. This made me wonder if Josh intentionally impregnated Caitlan so he could more safely complete his "humanitarian work" in Afghanistan. He thought he would benefit by having a pregnant wife.

(I don't actually believe Josh went to Afghanistan to do humanitarian work.)

Yes, I have been wondering if he kept her pregnant as protection for himself.

JMO

Yes, exactly. Josh couldn't assault Caitlan in front of his parents, as Islam endorses seen in the verses I posted, when Caitlan wasn't submissive.

Idk, his parents supported him marrying into terrorism so he seemed to have them pretty whipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have been wondering if he kept her pregnant as protection for himself.

JMO

Interesting. They couldn’t stab him, because she was pregnant? Something like that? She was his human shield?

I would think it extremely likely that he went into Afghanistan with her pregnant to protect himself, but I can’t see it being beneficial to keep impregnating her and having to take care of children (though he might not have participated in that part).

This may be far-fetched, but in the Toronto Sun article, JB is so anti-HQ network. He's resentful. I wonder if he's speaking half-truths, but twisting the truth. My main example is how he describes their attempted recruitment of him. Maybe he went there, intending to join, and like many on the forum have been saying all along, the HQ network rejected him. Hence the twisting of words and resentment of the HQ network. The organization basically didn't want him. Can you blame them? Obviously I'm not condoning terrorists but really, this is a business to them. And he's a loose cannon.

Then, the HQ network decided to keep him around in case he was of use. And told him to go forward, spreading their messages, live in their lifestyle, etc. His life, on his return, duplicated his life in "captivity". But obviously, against our laws.

The photo of CC in the hospital speaks volumes now, as well. What worries me, is they arrested him in less than 3 months on his return. It begs the question of the children's safety. This is a dumb, naive statement but I really hope they are okay.

http://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...s-taliban-linked-captors-tried-to-recruit-him

“I know you probably have a bias that I’m foaming at the mouth, or crazy, cunning sociopath or whatever it is that you’ve imagined me to be,” wrote Boyle in an email on Oct. 28. “(I) really don’t care what the media thinks about me,”

Fascinating. IMO, we didn't imagine him to be a sociopath - he is one. And he speaks of "blacklisting" the CBC (which has been sceptical about him all along) even though he doesn't care what the media (whom he reached out to) thinks of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper