Car Seat in 98 Pontiac POLL ADDED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Are the 3 car seats in post 88 the same?

• 1 and 2 are the same

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • 1 and 3 are the same

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 2 and 3 are the same

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • All 3 are different

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • All 3 are the same

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Not enough detail to say for sure

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO, lizzy has clearly pointed out how these 2 carseats are different. If ya can't see that, then I am just not sure what you are looking at. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME CARSEATS.... no how, no way.

And picture # 3 is taken from just a tad bit higher level (still low enough to catch only the lower part of the back window on the left), outside the open door, angled through right behind the drivers seat headrest area. IMO.

I found another pic of younger Caylee. It doesn't look like "Eddie Bauer" on the fabric.

picture.php

I found another pic of younger Caylee. It doesn't look like "Eddie Bauer" on the fabric.

picture.php
I at first didn't think Eddie Bauer was on both pics of the carseat. But I am pretty sure now they both say Eddie Bauer.

IMO, lizzy has clearly pointed out how these 2 carseats are different. If ya can't see that, then I am just not sure what you are looking at. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME CARSEATS.... no how, no way.
Thanks G.. but I haven't proven it...although I definetely think they are different.. but one vote doesn't count. :) and others may not agree.

Just a note about the possible difference in carseats. Convertible seats, meaning those meant to be used into toddlerhood, often come with an insert that provides additional cushioning around the head. As the child grows taller, the extra cushioning is easily removed. I had one much like this. If people opt for a seat like this as opposed to an infant carrier type then they do come with the removable head cushion. I think that is the situation here.

Agreed, I think 1 & 2 are the same, 3 is suspect, but could be a lighter color due to lighting...

The main difference I see is that the harness straps are black in #1 & 2 but gray in #3

Dimensions of the chair itself ....(ignore the black pad;))

Imagine Caylee sitting in chair 3, with her head about 3 inches below the top like in pic one. The top of the fabric insert I marked on the left arm would not even reach her face. But in pic 1..it reaches to nose level on her.
C1.jpg

C3.jpg

Different angle, lens nor scale should account for this much difference in the 2, IMO.

Imagine Caylee sitting in chair 3, with her head about 3 inches below the top like in pic one. The top of the fabric insert I marked on the left arm would not even reach her face. But in pic 1..it reaches to nose level on her.
These carseats are clearly not the same. Makes me wonder why some protesteth too much. JMO

We can't even see the top of the chair in pic #2 (younger Caylee) so I can't say for sure if it's same or different. It does match #1 from the parts I can see, but it would be great to be able to compare all 3. The only way to vote out 3 being the different one is to say 1 and 2 are the same. I was hoping to see a choice of 1 and 3 are different...because that's what I think...and #2 can't be evaluated because the pic is cut off at the top.

In pic 1...all the greys are darker...note inside of car panel and chair. Now look at pic 3. Everything is lighter, including inside of car.

The lighting is different.

By this, you can't really deduce that chair 3 is lighter than chair 1

I'm sure, if we truly desired it, that carseat.org could point us in the right direction for determining all models of convertible OR forward-facing only 5pt harness seats made by Eddie Bauer from May 2003-Nov 2008. (Most carseats expire after 5 years and Cindy was probably aware of this even if KC wasn't.) They are sold at both Target and JCPenney among other places but those 2 that we know the Anthony's shopped at could narrow down the model #'s even further.

We can knock off a few more models easily due to design changes that include "wings" attached to the back pad in more recent models.

This was addressed to me:
The pad of the seat you have pictured is not removeable, therefore, it will not slip down if a child is in or out of it. The carseat you have pictured is the Eddie Bauer Deluxe Convetible seat for a child 22-40 pounds, 34-43 inches in height and over 1 year in age.
So where is Caylee's first carseat?

The seat I pictured and the ones shown in pic #1 and #3 being referred to, is of a CONVERTIBLE carseat; the answer is in your question. Convertible means it goes from (typically) 5-33lbs rear facing and then converts to face forward to around 40lbs. (Exact lb guidelines vary by manufacturer). This may indeed have been her first carseat OR the Anthony's may have had a single infant bucket seat (5-22lbs rearfacing only) with 2 seperate *bases* for when she was an infant (a common setup with parents using multiple cars).

The pad is not removable, but if you look at the height of the harness strap openings they are quite low; it's likely that the pad moves upward when the harness is adjusted higher in order for the holes to line up correctly.

I am unable to locate the manual for this model carseat online but will report back if I find it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back