Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. It also seems to have rectagular orbits which is also indicative of an African persons skull (however European skulls can also have slight rectangular shapes).The nasal aperture does not seem broad enough to be of an African person. Maybe European? Because the orbits are more rectangular than round like we see in Asian skulls.

At any rate I do believe it may be a stock photo...

ETA: just saw coffeeandacig checked and it was labeled manorville skull. Still not sure if it is a stock photo or not. Would be strange to see the skull this soon I would think?

Concerning the skull, I agree on the nasal aperture appearing narrow. Perhaps we're looking at an African American bi-racial person. A small nose for sure.

What is so amusing to you? Yes I saw it and what does that mean. I get the NY Post delivered to my home, along with others. The NY Post article ONLINE is from Saturday, March 4th, the Daily News article is from today March 5th. You are assuming that the hunter took the photo. Just for the record that photo was not with the article in today's actual NY Post Newspaper. There was no photo AT ALL.

There is nothing in the article that states the hunter took the photo nor is there a name attached to that photo in the ONLINE article. It could very well be a stock photo as someone else mentioned for their ONLINE EDITION. I guess you don't know that the NY Post is the biggest RAG paper in NYC that loves sensationalism. So hahaha the joke may be on you!

It is the photo that the hunter took in the nypost article. I'm not assuming. I was laughing at the idea the skull could be an animal.

It is the photo that the hunter took in the nypost article. I'm not assuming. I was laughing at the idea the skull could be an animal.
I did not say it was animal, I quoted what was in the NY Daily News article. SO take it up with the Daily News and Suffolk County LE. Are you that gullible to believe the Hunter took that photo? do you think a skull sitting out in the elements that long is going to be perfectly clean and and as white as the driven snow? or do you think he washed it in clorax before he took the photo? Was the Hunter also a professional photographer to get the lighting just right?

What part of the photo credit am I missing that states the Hunter took this photo?

If you are NOT assuming, please put that link on the board, I would like you to back up your statement that the Hunter took the photo. Instead of just repeating yourself like a PARROT, "THE HUNTER TOOK THE PHOTO"
Until you prove otherwise that is a STOCK PHOTO.

Manorville is 10 miles from Middle Island. The post can name the photo whatever they like to reference it to place with an article. The remains were found in Middle Island not Manorville (which is the correct spelling).

I did not say it was animal, I quoted what was in the NY Daily News article. SO take it up with the Daily News and Suffolk County LE. Are you that gullible to believe the Hunter took that photo? do you think a skull sitting out in the elements that long is going to be perfectly clean and and as white as the driven snow? or do you think he washed it in clorax before he took the photo? Was the Hunter also a professional photographer to get the lighting just right?

What part of the photo credit am I missing that states the Hunter took this photo?

If you are NOT assuming, please put that link on the board, I would like you to back up your statement that the Hunter took the photo. Instead of just repeating yourself like a PARROT, "THE HUNTER TOOK THE PHOTO"
Until you prove otherwise that is a STOCK PHOTO.

Manorville is 10 miles from Middle Island. The post can name the photo whatever they like to reference it to place with an article. The remains were found in Middle Island not Manorville (which is the correct spelling).

You believe what ever makes you happy :peace:

Is it usual for newspapers to post pictures of a newly discovered potential crime scene?

I'm also leaning towards a stock photo. Though it does appear the skull has fillings from first glance which are referenced in the article. I see no reference to the hunter being credited for the photo though.

I think most people on here are hopeful its peaches.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Is it usual for newspapers to post pictures of a newly discovered potential crime scene?

I'm also leaning towards a stock photo. Though it does appear the skull has fillings from first glance which are referenced in the article. I see no reference to the hunter being credited for the photo though.

I think most people on here are hopeful it is Peaches.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Correct Nomad, we all hope it would be Peaches and to have an artist create a face that goes with the skull. Most adult skulls would have fillings that is if the person could have afforded a Dentist. You will never see a credit on a stock photo.

To date even after many years have passed, no photos have been published of other remains not even on Namus. Yet the NY Post has it? Really? I don't know many people that would take photos of remains they find let alone pose it. You can be sure it's a very frightening, upsetting experience that stays with them a longtime.

Although just bones to everyone that was once a human being, someones son or daughter. If the ME can extract any DNA from the bone marrow and it is a hit in CODIS a few months down the line the family would sue the NY Post into the next millennium for using an actual photo of their loved ones remains.

<modsnip>

Correct Nomad, we all hope it would be Peaches and to have an artist create a face that goes with the skull. Most adult skulls would have fillings that is if the person could have afforded a Dentist. You will never see a credit on a stock photo.

To date even after many years have passed, no photos have been published of other remains not even on Namus. Yet the NY Post has it? Really? I don't know many people that would take photos of remains they find let alone pose it. You can be sure it's a very frightening, upsetting experience that stays with them a longtime.

Although just bones to everyone that was once a human being, someones son or daughter. If the ME can extract any DNA from the bone marrow and it is a hit in CODIS a few months down the line the family would sue the NY Post into the next millennium for using an actual photo of their loved ones remains.

<modsnip>

That's my point. There is no credit. Usually it's state stock photo or photo courtesy of. Etc etc.

However a backwards search indictated no hits on the image before that article.

Weird.

That's my point. There is no credit. Usually it's state stock photo or photo courtesy of. Etc etc.

Weird.

Definitely weird. The hunter did wish to remain anonymous, maybe that's why no credit. I cannot imagine a newspaper would post an actual crime scene photo. However, as DQN pointed out the NY Post is a rag & nothing they do surprises me. I wish they would have at least had a photo credit on it.

Definitely weird. The hunter did wish to remain anonymous, maybe that's why no credit. I cannot imagine a newspaper would post an actual crime scene photo. However, as DQN pointed out the NY Post is a rag & nothing they do surprises me. I wish they would have at least had a photo credit on it.
The remains of at least one AC victim can be seen on youtube. And the remains of possibly two of the GB4 victims. Im not so sure lawsuits could follow. I do think its tacky though.

So the post pic is just for show.. bummer. So really the only person saying these bones are human is the hunter himself? He described seeing human bones in that post piece. Also the newsday piece shows what appears to be the police carrying a makeshift body bag out of the woods there.. hopefully this gets an ID soon or else i fear like another poster mentioned, that we wont hear anymore about it.

Weird.

I emailed the author of the Post article. Will let you know when I get a reply.

But...I have never seen actual remain photos made public AT the scene. No matter who took them.

Remains found ARE human.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...sland-are-human-suffolk-police-say-1.13215572

Authorities have determined that skeletal remains found off a hiking trail in Middle Island on Friday are, in fact, human — but said Monday that the cause of death remains undetermined.
Suffolk County police said a man found the bones near Rocky Point Road at Yaphank Middle Island Road just before 3:30 p.m. and that he immediately called 911.

it seems as though there was more than just a skull - so many additional limbs that we know were with Peaches. So it likely isn't her.

if the remains had been bleached by the sun they had been out there for a while. It is interesting no one saw them earlier. Was the body just laying out there over time? Makes me wonder if it is a natural death or suicide (If the body wasn't buried or found with anything that once concealed it).

Do we know that one of Peaches arms/hands was recovered? I know the jewelry was found but Namus only says

X
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
X
One or more limbs not recovered
X
One or both hands not recovered

Nomad I have used and purchased stock photos all the properties are usually removed. The are identified by Long numbers. I name them so I know what I have.

Do we know that one of Peaches arms/hands was recovered? I know the jewelry was found but Namus only says

XHead not recovered
Torso not recovered
XOne or more limbs not recovered
XOne or both hands not recovered

Not entirely sure myself as I haven't had coffee yet and just had to chew out a renter that trashed a property of mine and still wanted a refund at the end (I LOVE ENTITLED FREAKS) - but I think the Hunter said he saw a spine or rib cage? And Peaches had her ribs (torso) so that is why I don't think it is Peaches. I forget what parts of Peaches they found on Jones Beach specifically. Wasn't it skull and an arm or something?

Not entirely sure myself as I haven't had coffee yet and just had to chew out a renter that trashed a property of mine and still wanted a refund at the end (I LOVE ENTITLED FREAKS) - but I think the Hunter said he saw a spine or rib cage? And Peaches had her ribs (torso) so that is why I don't think it is Peaches. I forget what parts of Peaches they found on Jones Beach specifically. Wasn't it skull and an arm or something?

If my memory is correct, they found a torso at Hempstead Lake State Park, missing head, arms & legs from knee down. I am having a hard time finding what body parts were recovered at Gilgo.

If my memory is correct, they found a torso at Hempstead Lake State Park, missing head, arms & legs from knee down. I am having a hard time finding what body parts were recovered at Gilgo.
I dont think LE ever released that information.

Given that "surgical precision" has been bandied about in regards to LISK, and as horribly gruesome as this is, it is still possible for a torso to be recovered without it's vertebrae column, similar to gutting a fish. So I'm on the fence still in regards to whether this is possibly Peaches.

Given that "surgical precision" has been bandied about in regards to LISK, and as horribly gruesome as this is, it is still possible for a torso to be recovered without it's vertebrae column, similar to gutting a fish. So I'm on the fence still in regards to whether this is possibly Peaches.

I am as well. Also not to sound gruesome, but perhaps it wasn't a full torso - maybe severed at the chest & not the neck. We really don't have full details on recovered parts so it is tough to speculate either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat