Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Adji Desir
Trenton Duckett
Amber LeeAnne DuBois
Haleigh Cummings

While these may not be old cases, they are near and dear to my heart.

Mel

Another one of mine would be The Grateful Dead fan Jason Doe. That's really a sad one. After all this time, it makes me wonder if his family is really looking for him.

The Villisca Murders--so very odd
The I-45 (Killing Fields) Murders
Sharon Marshall
Jack the Ripper
Shannon Patrick Ketron--a baby abducted from his mother on the side of the road just outside my hometown of Cordell, OK. This was in 1982, and I lived right there and never heard a word about this (amazing, given such a small town). Little to nothing can be found about this case, and as far as I can ascertain, it remains unsolved.

And one case I saw on Cold Case Files, probably the most interesting case to me. A college student in Wisconsin or Michigan (I can't remember) was hitchhiking home for the holidays. She never made it and was found deceased in a cemetery with her stockings down. I believe this was in the late 60s.

On her thigh, a perfectly round spot of blood was found, and years later DNA testing showed a match with an already-incarcerated serial killer. But, at the time of the girl's death he would have been four years old.

Now, logic tells me that the blood tests were messed up in the lab, but this niggling doubt remains...fascinating.

What do you mean a baby was abducted from its' mother at the side of a road?
Also, that cold case re that woman being found in that cemetary-that has been solved. the killer is in jail.

What do you mean a baby was abducted from its' mother at the side of a road?
Also, that cold case re that woman being found in that cemetary-that has been solved. the killer is in jail.

Hi scriptgirl!

I didn't realize that "cases that haunt you" had to be unsolved (although they often are).

Anyway, I know the girl's killer is in jail, but the spot of blood belonged to neither her nor him, and like I said, it has to be a mix-up at the lab, but what if it wasn't?

RE: the Ketron child--here is a link.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/ketron_shannon.html

When I first learned of this (about 5 years ago) I asked a friend of mine who has lived in Buffalo his entire life to check into it. He did, but with little success, stating that no one really wanted to talk about it much.

hi SoonerGal!

Why does no one want to talk about this case? Odd.

hi SoonerGal!

Why does no one want to talk about this case? Odd.

I have no idea. It has a "dirty little secret" feel to it, doesn't it?

Really, no one ever really made that big a deal of it. I lived right there at the time and had two little babies (born 1980 and 1981) and more importantly I had a very...shall we say 'gossipy' grandmother (bless her!)--this SHOULD have been all over town and I should have been admonished daily to watch out for the babies by her...but nothing. She passed away before I even knew about this case, so I never got the chance to ask her.

There is a thread on WS about this case and some of the fine detectives here found a few newspaper stories but really there is just not much there.

My friend in Buffalo says his mom remembered the story but she sort of clammed up and didn't want to say any more past that. Strange, indeed.

Somebody knew something. A drug gang was allegedly involved, right?

..Sad.. Rachel Marie Mellon, 13 years old. Bolingbrook, Illinois

Hello. I'm sure you are all familiar with the unidentified female who was found on the edge of a cornfield in Caledonia, NY on 9/3/79. She is listed on the Doe Network as profiled 1UFNY. She was approximately 5'3 and 120lb with blond highlights. Doe Network has a link to a post mortem photo posted in the profile. Of course, it looks nothing like the reconstructed photo also attached to the file. Does anyone know if Simone Stephanie Ridinger, missing from Sherborn, MA and last seen on 9/2/77, and who looks strikingly like the post mortem photo, could be Jane Doe Caledonia NY? Has she been ruled out? I think that it is mighty coincidental that Simone was last seen two years to the day that Jane Doe was located.

Cases I find the most intriguing:

Morgan Harrington
Jack the Ripper
Zodiac Killer
JonBenet Ramsey
Dyatlov Pass Incident
The Taman Shud Case

Hello. I'm sure you are all familiar with the unidentified female who was found on the edge of a cornfield in Caledonia, NY on 9/3/79. She is listed on the Doe Network as profiled 1UFNY. She was approximately 5'3 and 120lb with blond highlights. Doe Network has a link to a post mortem photo posted in the profile. Of course, it looks nothing like the reconstructed photo also attached to the file. Does anyone know if Simone Stephanie Ridinger, missing from Sherborn, MA and last seen on 9/2/77, and who looks strikingly like the post mortem photo, could be Jane Doe Caledonia NY? Has she been ruled out? I think that it is mighty coincidental that Simone was last seen two years to the day that Jane Doe was located.

Molson- Here is the primary Websleuths discussion thread on Cali...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23127&highlight=caledonia

And welcome to WS :)

Jacob Wetterling
Jennifer Kesse
Johnny Gosch
Haleigh Cummings
Amy Bradley
Natalee Holloway
Sodder Children
Theresa Butler
The Springfield Three

Amy Billig
Sharon Marshall and Michael Hughes
Shannon Rena Green and David Dewayne Bell
Jock and Jane Doe
Terry and Darleen Anderson
The girl scout murders of locust grove ( though I believe Gene Leroy hart was guilty I'm not sure if he had an accomplice)
Jane Doe 69
Nyleen Kay Marshall
Laura Bradbury
Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman
The yogurt shop murders ( I don't believe those poor girls ever got justice)
Martha Moxley (I belive Michael is guilty but I also believe his brothers and cousin were involved also)
The unidentified victims of Dean Corll, Elmer Wayne Henley, and David Owen Brooks. I'm not a violent person but I wish Wayne and David could be beaten into telling who those boys are and if there are more victims. And I believe there are more victims.

It has been almost 33 years since the tragic murder of 3 Girl Scouts at Camp Scott in Locust Grove, Oklahoma. Gene Hart was found not guilty, although went back to prison for other charges. There have always been many questions regarding what really happened. Even the re-examination of DNA several years ago did not definitely give an answer to his guilt or innocence.

Check out this site: http://girlscoutmurders.yuku.com

We are actively working on this case and want answers to this mystery.

Maybe you can help us with this sad chapter in history.

Thanks!

FWIW I think the key to the Boy in the Box case, is the foster home family. Just too many coincidences. But of course all potential informants are now dead, so we'll never know.

1. Buckskin Girl
2. The Boy In The Box(with all that info it amazes me he is stil UID)
3. Erica Baker
4. The Texas Three
5. Grimes Sisters

I'm curious about Erica Baker. I thought her case had been solved? I remember reading a few years ago that a lawyer had inside information about a hit-and-run involving Erica, and that her body was buried to hide the crime. But perhaps that was just a rumor. Or maybe there's no proof in that her body remains missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back