Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr. E, you are correct, about three or four years ago it came out, that a person, who might have been a passenger in the van that hit Erica, may have told her lawyer some info. The lawyer refuses to say anything, and the person in question has since died. The case still remains open, since there is no proof that this person did this. I just wish the lawyer or anybody would come forward and say something, if only to say where Erica is buried.

Pinkie Davis-Herron, missing
Arlin Henderson, missing
Bianca Piper, missing
Ashley Parlier, missing
Clova Keyes & Antwain Carmouche, murdered. Surviving witnesses, no arrests/convictions.

Bumping for Ilene Misheloff- going on 21 years she's been gone!

Bumping for Ilene Misheloff- going on 21 years she's been gone!

Just curious, but do they have any leads whatsoever is Ilene Misheloff's case? I know Phillip Garrido is a suspect, but did anyone actuallt witness anyone suspicious around Ilene shortly before she vanished?

Just curious, but do they have any leads whatsoever is Ilene Misheloff's case? I know Phillip Garrido is a suspect, but did anyone actuallt witness anyone suspicious around Ilene shortly before she vanished?
I read an article around the time they were digging up Garrido's backyard that stated an eyewitness had seen her getting into a car...

Way too many to name

Karen Wilson of Albany, NY missing since March 1985 I was young when she went missing but I have never forgotten. I live about 5 mins. from where they say she was taken.
Suzanne Lyall
Trenton Duckett
Natalee Holloway
Haleigh Cummings
Jennifer Kesse
Stacy Peterson
Gabriel Johnson

The Villisca Murders--so very odd
The I-45 (Killing Fields) Murders
Sharon Marshall
Jack the Ripper
Shannon Patrick Ketron--a baby abducted from his mother on the side of the road just outside my hometown of Cordell, OK. This was in 1982, and I lived right there and never heard a word about this (amazing, given such a small town). Little to nothing can be found about this case, and as far as I can ascertain, it remains unsolved.

And one case I saw on Cold Case Files, probably the most interesting case to me. A college student in Wisconsin or Michigan (I can't remember) was hitchhiking home for the holidays. She never made it and was found deceased in a cemetery with her stockings down. I believe this was in the late 60s.

On her thigh, a perfectly round spot of blood was found, and years later DNA testing showed a match with an already-incarcerated serial killer. But, at the time of the girl's death he would have been four years old.

Now, logic tells me that the blood tests were messed up in the lab, but this niggling doubt remains...fascinating.

You're thinking of Jane Mixer. If I remember right, someone was finally charged and the blood from the four year old came down to sloppy lab work.

Whoops- I didn't read the last page. I guess you already knew this info! My bad.

I think often about a lot of the ones listed above - I wish their families and loved ones could see how much perfect strangers care about their missing loved ones!

Some of the main ones that I would love to see solved...
Stephanie Condon
Jason Jolkowski
Ann Marie Burr
Rachel Cooke
Kristen Modafferi
Morgan Nick
Maura Murray
Sara Wood

Just a head's up for those who don't know and a reminder for those who do..... The Investigation Discovery Channel is featuring Maura Murray next Monday night, 2/8/2010 on their new series called Disappeared.
I believe this is the last of the series. It airs at 9pm CST.

Maura's dad really moved me in the previews for this show.
Please tune in if you can to show your support for Maura.

Thanks

Tabitha Tuders, that was a local one for me and still bothers me. The area she went missing from is heavily populated/traveled and I can't believe no one saw her. I also wonder about the connection between her sister's ex-boyfriend, who also drove a red car, and the boy who saw her get into a red car that morning. It makes so much sense to me that she would have willingly gotten into a car of someone she knew, versus being grabbed by a stranger.

Mary Shotwell Little- I think this was a huge coverup and someone at the PD in Atlanta or the bank knows exactly who abducted her.

Janet March- another local case, I am sure her husband killed her but I often wonder what he did with the body. She has a painting that hangs in a restaurant here, it's haunting to see it.

Stephania and Edward Andrews
The Lyon Sisters
The Children abducted by Georgia Tann- I wonder if they realize they were abducted and if their families look for them.

For me the number one case that haunts me is hands down The Boy In the Box...the 1957 case of the boy (approx 4 years old) who was found beaten to death and naked in a cardboard box by the side of a Pennsylvania rural road where trash was dumped by local residents. There are a number of reasons my interest in this case is so strong...and I freely admit it borders on obsessive at times. I've read books on the case and spent a lot of time on the web speculating on it and believe I know what happened, but proof will likely never be brought to light.

I myself work in a 911/police dispatch center and I can say with firsthand knowledge that the cases involving children are the ones that generally bother people in the LE community the most. Sure, I feel bad for a woman who is calling 911 because of her abusive husband, but the ones that make me lose sleep are the kids who call for parents who beat them and the like. The five worst things I've ever had to deal with in my ten years in this career involved very young children. I think the important thing to remember, and what gets me through those things in my line of work, is that we can become better people ourselves by learning from such things. If I'm dealing with a bad call involving a child, I let it affect me because it's natural and healthy to do so, but I also tell myself that I need to answer the next one to keep it from happening to another child.

Beyond the fact that he was a child, the Boy in the Box also has somewhat of a resemblance to my youngest son who is now four himself. Every night when he goes to bed I tell him that he's safe and that I will always protect him as best as I can, and I can't help but think of my son when I see those horrible photographs of a poor unidentified child laying in the trash as if someone was done with him and threw him away. To me, it is the ultimate insult to humanity to destroy a child, either by murder or abuse, and throwing one in the trash makes it so much more profane.

The Angie Houseman case is number two on my list. I work closely with some of the officers who have contributed to the case and I actually lived in St Ann MO for a time, though it was some years after the abduction. Perhaps the fact that I also have a daughter who is in the 4th grade adds to my interest (maybe there's a pattern there). I think anyone who has children thinks of their own when they hear of these terrible things and you want to weep for the parents who have had to survive their young ones.

Who is the little boy who went on a Boy Scout hike with his troop in, I think, California? He couldn't keep up with them, so the troop leader told him to wait for the rest of them, and that they would pick him up on the way back. But when they come back he's gone. Then during a search for the boy, his camera is found, and there is a self-portait of the boy looking scared.

I've been thinking about this kid, as I do on occasion. But I can't remember his name; my memory is getting worse and worse... Jared something, I think.

Who is the little boy who went on a Boy Scout hike with his troop in, I think, California? He couldn't keep up with them, so the troop leader told him to wait for the rest of them, and that they would pick him up on the way back. But when they come back he's gone. Then during a search for the boy, his camera is found, and there is a self-portait of the boy looking scared.

I've been thinking about this kid, as I do on occasion. But I can't remember his name; my memory is getting worse and worse... Jared something, I think.

I have recently submitted a potential match for Jared Negrete. You can read about his case and the potential match at the link.

Possible Match CA - Doe HC206 NamUs#3829 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Maura Murray

Recently, I watched the episode of Disappeared (on Investigative Discovery Channel – I.D.) where the disappearance of Maura Murray was featured. This story is so baffling and so heartbreaking! I checked the program, and it is replaying a few more times. Tonight, it will be on at 9 p.m. on the East Coast. If you are unfamiliar with the case, I highly suggest you watch the program.

In addition, here is the link to an excellent article about the case. There are several Parts to the article, so make sure you click the links at the end of each page. It provides a lot of details that were not in the television program.

http://www.whitmanhansonexpress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:maura-is-missing-part-i-the-departure&catid=912&Itemid=83

Lastly, here is a link to the family’s website for Maura Murray. It includes pictures of Maura, the accident report, photos of her damaged car, and other interesting information.

http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/

i agree, maura's case is one of the strangest ever...she obviously meant to go away but i do not believe for a minute that she meant to go away forever or to harm herself, the items she took with her showed she meant to carry on her usual habits...i think cracking up her dad's car was the last straw for her, she was stressing big-time...

but that call to her boyfriend's cell phone on the wed. AM that he missed while going thru airport security was really, really weird...

Maura Murray

Recently, I watched the episode of Disappeared (on Investigative Discovery Channel – I.D.) where the disappearance of Maura Murray was featured. This story is so baffling and so heartbreaking! I checked the program, and it is replaying a few more times. Tonight, it will be on at 9 p.m. on the East Coast. If you are unfamiliar with the case, I highly suggest you watch the program.

In addition, here is the link to an excellent article about the case. There are several Parts to the article, so make sure you click the links at the end of each page. It provides a lot of details that were not in the television program.

http://www.whitmanhansonexpress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:maura-is-missing-part-i-the-departure&catid=912&Itemid=83

Lastly, here is a link to the family’s website for Maura Murray. It includes pictures of Maura, the accident report, photos of her damaged car, and other interesting information.

http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/

wow you are right, this article gives plenty of possibilities and what should have been outright clues to follow years ago...i think LE really messed up...sounds like suspects abound in that area regardless of her own plans...i am heartbroken for her dad especially...

Being a Colorado native and having lived here my whole life, the local cases are the most haunting for me.

The Bennett Family Murder
The murder of Al Kite Jr
Jon Benet Ramsey
Christopher Abeyta
Cassandra Susan Rundle, her son Detriecht Sturm, and daughter Melanie Sturm
Jakeob McKnight

On a national scale, the ONS/EAR absolutely haunts me
The Zodiac
The Girl Scout Murders

This woman was a distant relative of mine, I have tried to search here to see if her case has been posted about before, but am not able to use the search function. My mother talks about this and it still bothers her a great deal.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/02/07/langston-family-murder-4111970/

I stumbled upon this thread & I realize it's been dormant for awhile but I wanted to add an unsolved crime that's really bothered me for years..it's referred to as the "Burger Chef Murders" that occurred in Speedway, Indiana, in the mid to late '70's. Being in high school at the time that it happened, having many friends who worked part-time jobs at fast-food chains along with the age of the kids who were murdered this crime really scared me then and it still nags at me. From what I understand, the police have never had any leads/clues to this case. So sad for the families of the victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back