Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Teresa Maria Caseiro, murdered in Willingboro, New Jersey on July 23rd, 1973. I was a classmate and casual friend of Terry's. Her family was moving to Maine, so her parents and her siblings had gone up there to find a house. Her house in Willingboro was on the market. She stayed behind because she had a job that summer and didn't want to miss the opportunity to work. She was spending the nights with a neighbor across the street from her house, but would go home during the day as needed. On the day she was murdered, she had gone over to her home, where her aunt was going to stop and pick her up for work that afternoon. The aunt stopped and honked her horn, but Terry did not come out of the house. The aunt assumed that Terry had walked to work and so, she drove on to work. When she got there, she realized Terry was not there and called to have a relative go over to the house and look for her. The relative (an uncle, I think) walked through the house and didn't see anything amiss, so left. Left that night, the police were called and Terry's disappearance was reported. The next day, Terry's grandfather went back to the house to search for anything odd, and found Terry dead on the floor of the closet in her parent's room. She had been tied up, gagged and stabbed 50 times in the chest and groin area. Her murder was never solved. This has bothered me for most of my life, that Terry never got justice. Does anyone here know of this murder?

I wonder why this case is not listed on the Burlington County Prosecutors page for unsolved homicides. Very sad story.

Madeleine McCann. I can't explain it, but I believe she may still be alive, and that time is running out.

The Beaumont children. It breaks my heart that even after fifty-one years, the case is still unsolved.

Tara Calico. Even if that photo isn't really her, it still makes my skin crawl.

There are probably more, but those are the top three that have come to mind for now.

The last several days, it's been the 1973 disappearance of Henry Baltimore.

There was a report about some sort of message that was sent through a high school reunion site that said "I used to be Henry Baltimore." All logic and common sense would say it was a hoax, but I just have this weird feeling that it could have been him. Nobody can seem to find where it came from though.

It's a really strange case. Probably foul play, but also some indications that he could have left on his own. I keep thinking about him.

I have not processed Jessica Heeringa. I filed her and him in the back of my mind temporarily.

I can't believe it. It's just hitting me that this serial killer is responsible for her death. I think because I mentioned them and "kill kits" in Abby's and Libby's thread. My heart is so heavy.

Today is crazy weather. High high temps here in CO, 7Os? , suddenly rapidly declining for snow storm. Last of the year? We need this moisture so badly as we are in very high fire danger.

NOCO, Abby and Libby haunt me daily.

Patti Adkins. Her poor daughter and family :(

Jennifer Kesse, William Tyrell, Kyron Horman, the Sodder Children, Lauria Bible, Ashley Freeman, Maura Murray to name a few.

Jennifer Andersen of Omaha Nebraska has always haunted me. At the time of her disappearance I looked exactly like her (I am naturally blonde, my hair is now dark brown) and people thought I was her. Actually, her case is what got me interested in this field of study. This case was close to my home town area...And I just cannot forget her.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/andersen_jennifer.html

The last unidentified victim of Serial Killer Dean Corll. Corll was killed by one of his teenage accomplices before he was caught, and neither of his accomplices could identify this particular victim. The really odd thing is that he was the only victim buried fully clothed. All others were buried nude with their clothing nearby. Why was he clothed?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1010umtx.html

The Girl Scout Murders is probably the most frightening case I've ever come across.

Also... there is another case that has been on my mind so much, but I can't remember the man's name or the state. Would someone please PM me with the case thread if you know who this is?

Missing man, was on his way to work very early in the morning, he was last seen at a country crossroads/intersection in his truck, his truck was found abandoned in the middle of a field, I'm thinking the drivers side door was open?, his lunch was still on the seat, he never made it to work, and I remember his wife (ex wife?) was suspected of involvement.

The case that haunts me is the Los Angeles County John Does in 1992. Two teenage boys waiting at a bus stop after seeing a movie were shot dead in a gang initiation. Their murderer was convicted and is serving consecutive life sentences in Pelican Bay. But the two boys, presumably the children of undocumented immigrants were never claimed. Recently some good news though. After placing a call to the LAPD Cold Case Division, the Police are sending an informational bulletin with facial reconstructions and other information to authorities in Mexico, Central America, and possibly Interpol. Perhaps after twenty five years they will finally go home. This experience was an interesting start to my WebSleuths career. What should I do next? How do I become a great websleuth?
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/3773
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/3774

Michaela Garecht. I lived just down the street from where she was taken and my mom and I dropped off missing fliers to businesses to put up in their windows the day after she was taken. I was 11 at the time and found her kidnapping so frightening with it being so close to home. It breaks my heart that she was never found.

Hi Fence Sitter, I can only assume the uncle was vetted, but I don't know. I wish there was a thread for it here. I checked when I first came on here in 2010 and again in the past month. I did not find one. Willingboro is right over the bridge from Philadelphia where the Vidoc Society meets (or used to). I had always hoped they would decide to look into the case, but I never read anything or heard anything of the kind. There is also nothing on the internet about her except a find a grave reference. I do have copies of the coverage our local paper did on the story back in 1973. But, quite frankly, I do not even read that paper any longer because they have a long history of getting their facts wrong, horrendous editing, and sloppy reporting in general. I could try to scan the clippings if it's allowed here and anybody has an interest. Thank you for your interest in Terry's case!

Hi Greenirisheyez, I realize it has been some time since this post and these comments were made but I recently came across them and I was curious to know if you still had those newspaper clippings? Terry was my aunt, and although I never had the pleasure of meeting her, I still very much wish that her case would be solved. If there is anyway that I could get those clipping from you, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

The case of Sandy Andrews certainly haunts me. Sandy left work after 11 p.m. on 11/16/90 as I did from literally across the parking lot. Of note, I do not recall seeing her or her car (Mercury Cougar). Car was found on 13 at old Guns&Goodies location. Personal belongings on ground and keys on trunk. Some reports of blood. I have read media accounts extensively. One thing never mentioned is the fact that the location of the car was, in my opinion, incalculably risky if foul play intended including but not limited to dumping the vehicle. Anyone familiar with this stretch of 13 at that time will tell you that this specific location was a favorite spot for the DSP to have radar setup or for troopers to meet. In addition, it was Friday night and it was a rare weekend to find no one there on routine patrol. My immediate thought on hearing about the car was that whomever was responsible was NOT local. There were reports of her vehicle spotted after 12 in the backroads near her home. The lack of confirmed info makes what is known quite confusing. What is clear is that her family deserves answers. This case may be cold but definitely not forgotten.

Britt Lapthorne. She was a travel companion of a high school friend of mine. She was from Australia but was visiting Croatia when she disappeared. Her body was found floating in Boninovo Bay 18 days later. :(

Lately, the Jamison family. Every time I look into a case there's usually at least one theory I can support, but this one completely baffles me. What's interesting is there is SO MUCH EVIDENCE but they do not fit together and actually cancel each other out. There is always a piece of evidence contradicting any of the theories. And the photo of the daughter they found on the phone gives me chills. Some say it's just an awkward photo but she looks terrified to me. I genuinely have no idea what happened here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back