Casey and "The Shack"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you reconcile the fact that she may have killed Caylee first, then read the book and somehow FORGAVE herself and now thinks she is headed to heaven and the Death Penalty would get her there faster? Can you believe she may have asked God for forgiveness after reading the book? Just curious.

Personally......I doubt she read it. I don't think she was the "avid reader" that i've read on this thread that she was. She seems like the only reading she did was myspace, facebook, and text message.

It's hard for me to put myself in Casey's shoes at all frankly. Nothing about her reminds me of myself. Nothing.

Can I imagine her asking for forgiveness? Not really. For her to want forgiveness she'd need to see that she's done something wrong....and at least in my mind, she doesn't see what she has done.

I think I need to read "The Shack."

ETA: This must be a popular book. My library has several copies, all of which are checked out AND there is a reserve line for all of them :eek:

Not sure if anyone else has said this before. But I went to buy this book at Barnes and Noble because I had read this book recommended on several sites. So, I asked for the book and the lady there said, oh yes and began walking straight to where the book was. I said, wow, I love THAT! Just ask and you knew exactly where it was. She laughed as said, well, not really, honey. This was an Oprah book selection just a while back, that's how I knew. LOL!

I just thought that was a little funny. Here I was complimenting how knowledgeable she was to have the exact spot it was in, and turns out only because of Oprah. LOL!

But yes, it's a great book. I'll post if I find anything else also.

Personally......I doubt she read it. I don't think she was the "avid reader" that i've read on this thread that she was. She seems like the only reading she did was myspace, facebook, and text message.

It's hard for me to put myself in Casey's shoes at all frankly. Nothing about her reminds me of myself. Nothing.

Can I imagine her asking for forgiveness? Not really. For her to want forgiveness she'd need to see that she's done something wrong....and at least in my mind, she doesn't see what she has done.

To the contrary, she IS an avid reader!! I know that sources are very important here, and I struggle to recall where I read or heard this, but she checks out tons of books from the *prison library. I guess she spends a lot of time reading & eating pork rinds.

*I know a woman who works at the prison. I haven't spoken with her in ages, but it may have been her at some point who told me that - unless someone can recall where it might have been reported.

GREAT TOPIC!!! WSers never fail to amaze & impress me.

i read this book. not only did i not love it, but i don't think there's any link other than the fact that a girl gets kidnapped and murdered in the story.

maybe that's the reason she wanted to read it, but other than that, i don't see the point in trying to make a connection.

I think I need to read "The Shack."

ETA: This must be a popular book. My library has several copies, all of which are checked out AND there is a reserve line for all of them :eek:

I'm a merchandiser for the largest book distributor in America. This book sells faster than I can place new copies on the shelf. Must read for myself soon.

Melinda Duckett used the phrase "Machevellian Vigilante" as her myspace heading when Trenton disappeared.

As a result Machevelli and Machevelli's philosophy of "the end justifies the means" was discussed on websites and Nancy Grace a LOT in August 2006. I am pretty sure Casey and Cindy followed Trenton's case.

Lots of what Cindy said to explain Casey's behavior with LE were "what ifs" from sleuthers trying to come up with reasons why Melinda wouldn't cooperate with LE.

IMO

My knowledge of the Trenton Duckett case is limited to what I remember seeing on NG. I DID happen to see Nancy's interview with M the night before she killed herself. Personally, I remember at the time, thinking FINALLY someone has the ba**s to ask the questions I would ask...Melinda, as we all remember, flopped and floundered, spat and sputtered. Nothing intelligent came from her mouth...
Seems to be many simularities and weird connections between these cases...What's up with that?

To the contrary, she IS an avid reader!! I know that sources are very important here, and I struggle to recall where I read or heard this, but she checks out tons of books from the *prison library. I guess she spends a lot of time reading & eating pork rinds.

*I know a woman who works at the prison. I haven't spoken with her in ages, but it may have been her at some point who told me that - unless someone can recall where it might have been reported.

GREAT TOPIC!!! WSers never fail to amaze & impress me.

Just an FYI-prison libraries are full of really old, falling apart, donated books...Not stocked with the latest best-sellers....But THIS book "The Shack" was spotted by a sleuth in a photo from KC's home?

Could you reconcile the fact that she may have killed Caylee first, then read the book and somehow FORGAVE herself and now thinks she is headed to heaven and the Death Penalty would get her there faster? Can you believe she may have asked God for forgiveness after reading the book? Just curious.

Casey may or may not have asked for God's forgiveness...we will probably never know. One thing that we do know is that she has not asked for the State of Florida's forgiveness, nor has she asked forgiveness from the hundreds of people whom she has caused to be burdened with the task of investigating her crime. She has and always has had the power to be forgiven-by everyone-by simply admitting what she did and asking for help and forgiveness...I have not seen her show one iota of anything that indicates to me that she is sorry for anything that she has done-not killing her daughter and not for anything that followed. I do not personally believe that she has asked God or anyone else for forgiveness, but she did offer some-remember-to the Phantom Nanny-to her she offered her forgiveness...

Casey is a player. She has been a player for longer than most of the people who know her best even knew. She continues to BE a player-ie: the handwritten note that she added as point number 7 in her recent affadavit concerning her "story" and her defense. She believes that she is the victim of a witch hunt basically and that the State of Florida is mad at her because she will not confess to a crime she did not commit. To me, that says it in a nutshell-she is saying she did nothing wrong and so will not admit she did anything wrong and so therefore, I am not inclined to forgive her...

and I bet the State of Florida will not be so inclined either.:rolleyes:

Casey may or may not have asked for God's forgiveness...we will probably never know. One thing that we do know is that she has not asked for the State of Florida's forgiveness, nor has she asked forgiveness from the hundreds of people whom she has caused to be burdened with the task of investigating her crime. She has and always has had the power to be forgiven-by everyone-by simply admitting what she did and asking for help and forgiveness...I have not seen her show one iota of anything that indicates to me that she is sorry for anything that she has done-not killing her daughter and not for anything that followed. I do not personally believe that she has asked God or anyone else for forgiveness, but she did offer some-remember-to the Phantom Nanny-to her she offered her forgiveness...

Casey is a player. She has been a player for longer than most of the people who know her best even knew. She continues to BE a player-ie: the handwritten note that she added as point number 7 in her recent affadavit concerning her "story" and her defense. She believes that she is the victim of a witch hunt basically and that the State of Florida is mad at her because she will not confess to a crime she did not commit. To me, that says it in a nutshell-she is saying she did nothing wrong and so will not admit she did anything wrong and so therefore, I am not inclined to forgive her...

and I bet the State of Florida will not be so inclined either.:rolleyes:

ITA, however she can "play it" here on Earth all she wants. On the religious spectrum no matter what a fictional book like "The Shack" says... there is someone waiting at the pearly gates that can not be played. Forgiving oneself and "just believing" you are forgiven in my book is not enough and this case definitely illustrates this. One must admit before forgiveness can be offered.

I am right there with you! I can not forgive her her until she admits what she has done and even then..I do not know if I can seems more like that is a big job for God to handle.

Has anyone read this book? "The Shack" I am in the process of reading it now. In the crime scene photos taken of Casey's bedroom, it shows an open closet/amoire and on the shelf is a copy of this book.
This book is a religious book about a child that is kidnapped and murdered.
It is also about God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
On pag. 125 of this book, there is a passage that reads...."It all sounds like THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS, that to get what you want you will go to any length, even if it costs the lives of billions of people."

Remember in Casey journal....she wrote "I hopethe end justifies the means???"

Anyway, I have only posted here a few times, but I just found this interesting.

Thank you for this information, very interesting.

I have always wondered if casey ever read the book The Timer Game by Susan Arnout Smith. The plot revolves around a woman's five year old daughter being kidnapped and the kidnapper giving clues and instructions in order for the mother to find her daughter. Sound familar? Especially in light of the new defense theory that casey anthony was being given clues to Caylee through her myspace and facebook pages, and the nic Timer55 used by anthony. imo.

http://www.thrillerwriters.org/2008/01/the-timer-game-by-susan-arnout-smith.html

I truly hope she has not read it. A book like that in the hands a sociapath is dangerous.

:clap: Books, such as these with so much popularity amongst Christians, could be used as a how-to manual in the sociopath's hands, as in: how to pull the wool over some gullible people's eyes.

Thank you for this information, very interesting.

I have always wondered if casey ever read the book The Timer Game by Susan Arnout Smith. The plot revolves around a woman's five year old daughter being kidnapped and the kidnapper giving clues and instructions in order for the mother to find her daughter. Sound familar? Especially in light of the new defense theory that casey anthony was being given clues to Caylee through her myspace and facebook pages, and the nic Timer55 used by anthony. imo.

http://www.thrillerwriters.org/2008/01/the-timer-game-by-susan-arnout-smith.html

Good idea!

Has anyone read this book? "The Shack" I am in the process of reading it now. In the crime scene photos taken of Casey's bedroom, it shows an open closet/amoire and on the shelf is a copy of this book.
This book is a religious book about a child that is kidnapped and murdered.
It is also about God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
On pag. 125 of this book, there is a passage that reads...."It all sounds like THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS, that to get what you want you will go to any length, even if it costs the lives of billions of people."

Remember in Casey journal....she wrote "I hopethe end justifies the means???"

Anyway, I have only posted here a few times, but I just found this interesting.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but this book is available for a free download at the website FreeBookSpot.

I haven't downloaded it, so I don't know how that will work.

It is so weird how this case has woven itself into my life or maybe I made it weave into it:eek: My daughter in law came for dinner tonight and she said I brought you a book that a mutual friend from church sent...My daughter in law had read this book The Shack at her book club....she handed me the book and I saw the title and did my very best not to mention how I had heard of this book.........right here from my friends at WS!!!! I just did not want to go into the whole long story but it was so strange...I got the same feeling when I held the book as I do when I see duct tape or shamrocks or heart stickers.....I don't know that I will ever be free of this case and I thought I was hooked bad on the Peterson and Ramsey cases.....I just got chills when I saw the book. Sorry for the long story guys.

Still haven't read this book, but today at work, read the back cover synopsis. Didn't register any connection from that limited reading...Again, just to note, this is a current major bestseller...hard to keep stocked because it's selling so fast....

It is so weird how this case has woven itself into my life or maybe I made it weave into it:eek: My daughter in law came for dinner tonight and she said I brought you a book that a mutual friend from church sent...My daughter in law had read this book The Shack at her book club....she handed me the book and I saw the title and did my very best not to mention how I had heard of this book.........right here from my friends at WS!!!! I just did not want to go into the whole long story but it was so strange...I got the same feeling when I held the book as I do when I see duct tape or shamrocks or heart stickers.....I don't know that I will ever be free of this case and I thought I was hooked bad on the Peterson and Ramsey cases.....I just got chills when I saw the book. Sorry for the long story guys.

I think if someone walked in and handed me that book after this discussion it would have given me the chills! But you need to find a way to take things back that KC has taken away, otherwise KC wins and I won't let her do that.

I am a born and bred Catholic and I appreciate your answers. I will admit I strayed from the church until I began to learn and understand the mysteries of the faith. (The rosary as jewerly TOTALLY is disrespectful)

There has been some very good discussion here on the board regarding this book.

I mostly was asking the questions not for my own learning but to "throw" some questions out into the fray. Could Caylee's death help us to grow stronger in our individual faiths?

I have alot of thoughts about a book like "The Shack." In the hands of a NORMAL person, it is probably a good read (inconjunction with Scripture) keeping in mind it is a fictional story and not the Word.

In the hands of a sociapathic killer, a book like "The Shack" could be read that forgiving oneself is all it takes. A believer is often believed by action not by thought or empty gestures (like wearing a rosary or quoting a few scriptures.)

I think a book like this is enough to make Casey think she is going to Heaven and if she did get the DP it would be OKAY. After all, in her mind after reading "The Shack" she is headed to heaven. Right? After all, she only has to "believe." (Casey speak)

This thread generated some good discussion. I haven't read the book but now I want to! I can only imagine the damage a book (from the sounds of it) like this could do in the hands of a sociopath. Even religion is a dangerous thing to a warped mind.

NO, don't be sorry at all. What stikes me most is the fact that so many of are here "in secret" of our "REAL LIVES" cause the peeps in our "real life" don't understand our interest in this case. Maybe even calling it an "obession" or some other derogetory term/phrase.

As a book merchandiser (who HATES KC) I just had a thought. Some people have stated they noted this book in KC's room as shown on GV. Right? Well, I KNOW this book has only been offered in it's soft cover "trade" EDITION FORMAT FOR JUST SO LONG. wHAT DATE WAS THIS BOOK NOTED IN VIDEOS IN kc"s BEDROOM? I can compare that date with the date of the book's soft cover release.

As a book merchandiser (who HATES KC) I just had a thought. Some people have stated they noted this book in KC's room as shown on GV. Right? Well, I KNOW this book has only been offered in it's soft cover "trade" EDITION FORMAT FOR JUST SO LONG. wHAT DATE WAS THIS BOOK NOTED IN VIDEOS IN kc"s BEDROOM? I can compare that date with the date of the book's soft cover release.

think the book was discovered during the search on 12-11....could be wrong but that is where I recall seeing those pic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV