Casey Anthony General Discussion Thread #157

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because imo, Baez is an idiot and a little too enamoured with his client. jmo. No lawyer needs to spend 6 hours a day with his client on business only. Baez has been described by one poster as a snake oil salesman and I concur with that assessment. Clients don't NUZZLE their attorneys in front of the media. There's something wrong in that relationship imo

I know what you mean. I've read that theory. Baez's shoulder rubbed against Casey's head when they were making their way through a dangerous media frenzy on the day Casey was bonded out of prison. That could only mean that the two of them are now having an affair. Same thing about the six hour meetings. I suppose that the meetings couldn't have anything to do with the complexity of the case.

But, wait, remember George saying Caylee has been kidnapped, they know who the kidnappers are, and the kidnappers are being watched? Well, how do you factor an accident into those comments? And if you can't, doesn't that bring George into the same making false statements to LE scenario as Casey?

And, BTW, some of the best people in the world (TES) are engaged in a search of Caylee. If the kidnappers are being watched, George, please, tell TES, and I suspect they'll figure out a way to get her back. You know, TES isn't law enforcement, so they should be able to be trusted.

IMHO, of course.

Apparently some time back GP reached out to Walsh at America's Most Wanted. The whole family is sticking to Casey's story but there is a major problem with their dates of Jun 9th-15th and the extras thrown in for good measure of the 16th and 7-8 via GA.

something like that, or he was sweating alot. then she called in to one of the shows, I think Larry King maybe and was asking about forensics. Anyone remember that?

Hmmmm.... maybe it wasn't sweat.... maybe he forgot to wash his clothes. Just ties into my pet theory.....

something like that, or he was sweating alot. then she called in to one of the shows, I think Larry King maybe and was asking about forensics. Anyone remember that?

I do - she called in to Larry King hoping to talk to Dr. Larry Kobalinsky, the forensic scientist. She wanted to ask him about how hair could be determined to be from a person who was alive or deceased.

One more thing..

Everyone is entitled to a defense. But when the defense attorney lies to the public straight out, there is a problem. We know he outright lied when he said he knew NOTHING about a limited immunity deal..yet the Sherrifs office, via the DA, produces emails where he first broached the subject. And that he still wants the deal in place.

He has said Casey has cooperated with the police..yet since she was first arrested, she NEVER ever spoke to LE to tell them where to look for her daughter.

Those are just a few.

It is his job to defend Casey but lying to the public and the media on things that are proven to be lies does NOT serve his client well. He would do better keeping his mouth shut.

Disagreeing is fun. You did blame Baez for certain things that you would have no way of knowing. It's in there.

I agree with your overall assessment of Baez, however. He's too young to have this case, and appears to be in way over his head. He's a terrible public speaker, which might matter because he'll have to address a jury one day if the parties can't reach an agreement.

I disagree with the part about your post about Baez lying. Baez is under no obligation to keep us informed about the status of his defense. Any rule requiring him to provide honest answers to members of the media would be absurd and unconstitutional, as such a rule would, among other things, require Baez to violate the attorney-client privilege.

I don't understand why so many others feel that they have some sort of entitlement to Baez's secret game plan. Would you like it if I approached your doctor, or your psychiatrist, or your lawyer and bombarded them with questions for personal and privileged information about you? And would you like it if they gave me honest answers? Baez might be lying, but not in the traditional sense of that word. For one thing, he's not lying in order to prejudice either me or you, as we are entirely unaffected by anything Baez says publicly. We are not harmed by Baez's statements. To the extent that he might be lying, circumstances require him to lie. It's no different than LE lying to the media about the status of the criminal investigation -- it's the other side of the same coin.

You are right!
I think in this case, lots of people just pop something off without thinking.

I do - she called in to Larry King hoping to talk to Dr. Larry Kobalinsky, the forensic scientist. She wanted to ask him about how hair could be determined to be from a person who was alive or deceased.

Well if she really wanted to know the truth, she could have just asked her daughter!!!!

I totally agree that everyone deserves a defense.
I also agree that no attorney worth his salt would reveal anthing going on with his client.

But at some point, the rubber hits the road, and I ALSO believe that regardless of the outcome for CASEY, this case needs a hero...somebody who will stand up and tell where Caylee is and give her a decent burial.

I am all for the adversary system and I love it.

But this is a time when somebody needs their conscience to do the right thing.

For Baez, I hope it would be trying to persuade Casey to give Caylee's location and then take it from there.

And maybe he is.

But that would be my hope.

Naive? No. Just trying to blend a defense with doing the right thing for a child who never could stand up for herself.

OJ Simpson got off scott free, acquitted of every single charge. Did you think OJ did it? I did. The case against OJ was considerably stronger than the case against Casey.

Casey has a right to maintain her innocence. It might cost her more jail time than she would serve by working out a confession. But that's her risk to choose. We're all just spectators. We have no say in anything.

Disagreeing is fun. You did blame Baez for certain things that you would have no way of knowing. It's in there.

In where?

I disagree with the part about your post about Baez lying. Baez is under no obligation to keep us informed about the status of his defense. Any rule requiring him to provide honest answers to members of the media would be absurd and unconstitutional, as such a rule would, among other things, require Baez to violate the attorney-client privilege.

Where I come from, the Bar Rules prohibit lawyers from speaking to the media about their cases while they are current. In my opinion, he has gone way too far with what he said, and when he says things like "i never spoke to them about any immunity" and we later find out he did, like it or not, it reflects poorly on his client, and it should not be happening. He has nothing to gain for his client by making these sorts of statements. It's not about saving face, it's about looking after your client's best interests.

I don't understand why so many others feel that they have some sort of entitlement to Baez's secret game plan.

I think quite the opposite...I think the guy is a blabber mouth and is going to get himself in trouble if he keeps making public statements, and continue to make his client look worse

We are not harmed by Baez's statements.

Correct. His client is harmed by them.

To the extent that he might be lying, circumstances require him to lie.

Totally disagree. He is not LE, he is an attorney, and I don't know what the Florida bar is like, but I know most bar associations don't allow attorneys to lie to the public. They are just supposed to keep quiet.

It's no different than LE lying to the media about the status of the criminal investigation -- it's the other side of the same coin.
As I said above, very different. Lawyers are held to different standards. LE are required to tell the truth in court, but can lie to the public to assist in an investigation.

Anyhow, we'll have to agree to disagree. You think JB is good...that's your opinion, mine is obviously different, and I think most lawyers would share mine.

And on that note, I've got to head out to dinner.
All above is IMOO.

People on Murts cam mentioned that someone down the street from the Anthony's know's where Caylee is - In PR where Amy went. Remember the sighting in Atlanta airport. Here is a flight to PR and you connect through Atlanta. Just wondering.

1:15 pm Depart Orlando (MCO)
Arrive San Juan (SJU) 9:01 pm Mon 1-Sep
Duration: 7hr 46mn Delta 34 / 427
Connect in Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.)

Has anyone seen anything from Tony Padillia today/tonight?? I would really appreciate hearing his view of our current state of affairs.

I totally agree that everyone deserves a defense.
I also agree that no attorney worth his salt would reveal anthing going on with his client.

But at some point, the rubber hits the road, and I ALSO believe that regardless of the outcome for CASEY, this case needs a hero...somebody who will stand up and tell where Caylee is and give her a decent burial.

I am all for the adversary system and I love it.

But this is a time when somebody needs their conscience to do the right thing.

For Baez, I hope it would be trying to persuade Casey to give Caylee's location and then take it from there.

And maybe he is.

But that would be my hope.

Naive? No. Just trying to blend a defense with doing the right thing for a child who never could stand up for herself.

Weird...I read this and thought of Canada's Paul Bernadino and Karen Holmolka case. Paul's attorney ended up in a fine kettle of fish when after the home Paul and Karen shared had been searched, Paul (employing the client/attorney privilege) told him to go to the house, up to the attic, and get some video tapes that police hadn't found. Those video tapes were of the rapes and torture of several of the girls they'd abducted. He was stuck in some kind of ethical quandry and finally turned them over to police month later than he'd gotten them and faced a whole host of issues including disbarment.

I think Baez will tell Casey NOT to open her mouth period. The less LE knows from her, the better case for reasonable doubt towards Casey. I don't think she'll ever speak anyway. She'll take this to her grave, I'm certain of this.

Yes I do and she argued on other shows as well, its also the media's fault along with LE. Gram C calls LE911 but its still, everyone else is at fault for not listeneing to Casey code. Gram C said Casey gave her hints for a mth, well what were those hints? Clearly the family is solid in backing Casey's original statements of the nanny/baby sitter but their mixed up dates fall thru for the story. Babysitter for the most part was also Gram C.

I fear it is too. Where did Casey's backpack go? They found Caylee's in the car but where is the backpack George described her leaving the house with. It sure isn't the one she's carried recently.

Aside, where is she getting the money to buy new backpacks and bracelets and stuffed animals, etc. She hasn't had a job and her parents are supposedly on the brink of bankruptcy?!?

Caring folks sent toys, stuffed animals and gifts to Caylee when all this started, so maybe some of the things she has are from those things or what is left...the Anthonys threw some of them away because they were dirty or smelled like smoke. I can't believe they even told the media that, good manners would have indicated one just kept that information to one self in order not to hurt feelings.:boing:

OJ Simpson got off scott free, acquitted of every single charge. Did you think OJ did it? I did. The case against OJ was considerably stronger than the case against Casey.

Casey has a right to maintain her innocence. It might cost her more jail time than she would serve by working out a confession. But that's her risk to choose. We're all just spectators. We have no say in anything.

Never said WE had a say in anything. I said what I would hope.

Yes, Oj did it. But I would hardly point to that case as what I ever would want to happen again!

And this is a baby! JMO...never said she cant do whatever she wants.

She is, isnt she? And I hope she pays dearly. Now that would be justice.

I know what you mean. I've read that theory. Baez's shoulder rubbed against Casey's head when they were making their way through a dangerous media frenzy on the day Casey was bonded out of prison. That could only mean that the two of them are now having an affair. Same thing about the six hour meetings. I suppose that the meetings couldn't have anything to do with the complexity of the case.

Show me a lawyer who spends hour upon hour with their client in a jail setting. They spend a very short period of time with them - never the amounts of time that JB spends with Casey. jmo

Possible. Or I have considered that it was an accident, but maybe she had to call mom and dad first to make sure that if she alerted 911 they wouldn't also arrest her for the check thing with GGMA. It all breaks down for me after that, though. Accident? I'm just not feeling it...

Sorry............I can't either..............and the more that comes out, the more I am not even sure WHO........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum