Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5823955_police-welfare-check_.html?ref=Track2&utm_source=ask Doesn't matter who is the care giver, they could have called the police with their concerns and plate number, simple as that. I have done this on my sons girlfriend when we were concerned for our granddaughters welfare. The police gave us no issue about checking on her. I simply don't get why this wasn't done? Instead they write a myspace post? I can't even wrap my head around what these people were thinking...

The original question was why weren't ca and ga CHARGED with neglect.

I'm going to jump in here and say that I TOTALLY agree with what Whisperer said towards the beginning of this thread, and turning Casey in.
I tried to answer/quote earlier today, but my laptop was fritzing out on me for some reason.

First and foremost, we are forgetting that Cindy, as a NURSE {and not of decomp} would be a Mandatory Reporter because of her proffession!!!
She had an oathe to uphold if she suspected any kind of abuse, neglect, etc in regards to Caylee, or any other child!

I know and understand the pitfalls of foster care and DHS/DCS, as our son and his wife were foster parents for many years.

However, I have always felt that the one and only reason that Cindy even called in that night to begin with was so she could have a police report of her stolen car in her hand, to then turn over to her insurance company for reimbursement!
Period.
These people are driven and motivated by money - MONEY that Cindy did not have.
She called that report, without mentioning Caylee being "missing", cause she needed that paper in hand.
She could have, and would have, dropped the charges once her signature was on the back of that check and it cleared her account, IMO.

With that being said ~ Cindy most certainly could have reported the car stolen long before it was towed.
She could have voiced her concern, as a MANDATORY REPORTER, for her grand-daughter, whose mother not only stole the car, but, as Whisperer said, told that they were both gone, without food or clothings for Caylee, yet Casey had made return sneak visits home for her clothes and belongings.

I do believe that even though Cindy and George were not the custodial parents, that they still could have made enough of a stink that someone would have listened to them.
I mean really??
We've seen them in action for the last 3yrs now.

She could have, and should have, as a nurse and a mandatory reporter, called social services first, then, placed the call to LE to report the car stolen.

Someone would have taken action once she was picked up, and just like what happened the night this finally did blow sky high, they made Casey take them on that little field trip and pie in the sky road trip.

IMO, the only reason that we are even talking about Caylee now is because Cindy wanted that police report.
Had that car not been towed, no one would have ever known that this precious child even had existed.

The relatives that did know of Caylee would have been told that the "dead fathers" RICH family showed up, were enforcing their visitation, and probably paying Casey's way to "college" while she remained at home during the day texting, playing on the computer and watching her soaps so she could spend her nights out and about.
And, eventually, all talk of Caylee would have slipped by the wayside, and anyone wanting to see Caylee would have "just missed her". Darn the luck - "We'll call ya next time she's home".

Yeah, Cindy could have, and should have made some phone calls and laid it all out on the line.
We know how Cindy can "lay it on the line" also, don't we.

Thanks for a great post Whisperer!!!

Cindy did on the 15th, after finding her at Tony's, however, the DCF report claims that mom and dad confronted Casey on the 12th as well. That was before the car was discovered to be in the tow yard, before mom and dad knew about the smell and is obviously not correct information.

As best I have found there was one call from the "A home" to CFCA on 7/12 - it went straight to voicemail. CFCA immediately checked her voicemail but did not return the call. (previous call on 7/10, next calls between CA & CFCA'a cell all show 0 minutes) then - 7/14 "A home" to CFCA again goes to voicemail.

Not much confrontation via phone according to the records that weekend!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2385297/Casey_Anthony_cell_records_615_to_716

I'm going to jump in here and say that I TOTALLY agree with what Whisperer said towards the beginning of this thread, and turning Casey in.
I tried to answer/quote earlier today, but my laptop was fritzing out on me for some reason.

First and foremost, we are forgetting that Cindy, as a NURSE {and not of decomp} would be a Mandatory Reporter because of her proffession!!!
She had an oathe to uphold if she suspected any kind of abuse, neglect, etc in regards to Caylee, or any other child!

I know and understand the pitfalls of foster care and DHS/DCS, as our son and his wife were foster parents for many years.

However, I have always felt that the one and only reason that Cindy even called in that night to begin with was so she could have a police report of her stolen car in her hand, to then turn over to her insurance company for reimbursement!
Period.
These people are driven and motivated by money - MONEY that Cindy did not have.
She called that report, without mentioning Caylee being "missing", cause she needed that paper in hand.
She could have, and would have, dropped the charges once her signature was on the back of that check and it cleared her account, IMO.

With that being said ~ Cindy most certainly could have reported the car stolen long before it was towed.
She could have voiced her concern, as a MANDATORY REPORTER, for her grand-daughter, whose mother not only stole the car, but, as Whisperer said, told that they were both gone, without food or clothings for Caylee, yet Casey had made return sneak visits home for her clothes and belongings.

I do believe that even though Cindy and George were not the custodial parents, that they still could have made enough of a stink that someone would have listened to them.
I mean really??
We've seen them in action for the last 3yrs now.

She could have, and should have, as a nurse and a mandatory reporter, called social services first, then, placed the call to LE to report the car stolen.

Someone would have taken action once she was picked up, and just like what happened the night this finally did blow sky high, they made Casey take them on that little field trip and pie in the sky road trip.

IMO, the only reason that we are even talking about Caylee now is because Cindy wanted that police report.
Had that car not been towed, no one would have ever known that this precious child even had existed.

The relatives that did know of Caylee would have been told that the "dead fathers" RICH family showed up, were enforcing their visitation, and probably paying Casey's way to "college" while she remained at home during the day texting, playing on the computer and watching her soaps so she could spend her nights out and about.
And, eventually, all talk of Caylee would have slipped by the wayside, and anyone wanting to see Caylee would have "just missed her". Darn the luck - "We'll call ya next time she's home".

Yeah, Cindy could have, and should have made some phone calls and laid it all out on the line.
We know how Cindy can "lay it on the line" also, don't we.

Thanks for a great post Whisperer!!!

well said

Which raises the question - Will DCFS keep an eye on any child that Lee and Mallory have? After all wouldn't that child be at risk given what has been alleged about that family? Does DCFS have any obligation to any future children in that family?

After taking a tip from Mark Eiglarsh and researching the history of DCFS, it is entirely likely that they won't do a damn thing. Sad but true. Florida DFS is apparently notorious for dropping the ball when it comes to protecting children by removing them from abusive situations. One recent example is the Nubia and Victor Barahona case. Only read up on that story if you are prepared to have your blood boil :furious:

Sort of O/T but I finally realize what happens to FCA is of no concern to me. When the verdict was read I was in shock for days/weeks......
Well in my real life, my GD's half sister was born a few days ago and they were told she has Down Syndrome.....now I know what really matters in my life and FCA isn't one of them......

{{{{hugs for the new parents}}}}}

My youngest is Developmentally Disabled and in special ed,but the best news is,the kids that we know with Down Syndrome are all mainstreamed completely . One precious girl is in a private high school. It just varies with each DS child .

There's a lot of joy bubbling out of special children. They don't seem to get bogged down with negatives.

There were several calls to LE from the Anthony home in the year(s) prior to Caylee's death. Does anyone remember ,or did we ever find out,what happened? I am brain dead at this point.

There were several calls to LE from the Anthony home in the year(s) prior to Caylee's death. Does anyone remember ,or did we ever find out,what happened? I am brain dead at this point.
There were notations next to the calls.

ETA: here ya go MissJames...

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2569161&postcount=12"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Previous 911 Calls[/ame]

Both of these Grandparents should be charged with negligence. There daughter left their home with their car and with the child they completely care for. There daughter had no job, no money. She stole any money she had. She removed their well-cared for grandchild and took no food or clothing for the child with her. These two geniuses couldn't figure out on their own how to find their grandchild and never solicited any agency for help in locating her. They could have called THEIR car in stolen and LE would have found their daughter ASAP.

I want a good reason why this was never done and why they shouldn't be charged with neglect of the child. ANY concerned parent, grandparent, family member would not have taken 31 days (and longer if not for the circumstances) to look for a child who is with a mother who has no means of support and took no clothing for the child to wear.

Come on....the Anthonys know something terrible happened and played their "Denial" game which is their excuse for getting out of trouble. No wonder they have an attorney, they are also also guilty....guilty of stupidity and neglect of a child. I am sick of putty-footing around this. Why didn't they go and find their daughter ASAP?? I don't want to hear the excuse.."She was with her mommy". Her mommy has no money and didn't bring any clothes for the child. We have given these parents a pass. They have been covering for that daughter of theirs since the first hour she drove off in THEIR car with Caylee with no food, clothing or money to care for the child.

...Yet, some choose to pity them and say they have been through enough. BS on that carp! They are stuck right in the middle, they haven't been through anything. They have lied, scammed and brought in attorneys when that didn't work.

I hold these two also guilty. They should have known better...most moral people would have. You pick up a phone and call LE as soon as you find your grandaughter is with anyone, including her own mother, who is not able to proivide any kind of support for the child.

This is ridiculous...and I getting angrier by the minute that this family has hijacked the hearts of so many. Phooey on them and their ilk. They didn't do the right thing. They let her walk out the door with a child who needed care, food and shelter....none of which the mother could provide and they knew it. I am about to explode with frustration at those who can't see what they have done.

Who Cares? They had every moral and ethical right to protect that child and they didn't. I don't want to hear about the eyes of the law. I am well aware of that. How about the eyes of God...the eyes of morality...the eyes of that child...FGS!!

They knew their daughter was not capable of taking care of the baby and they let it go. They could have reported it. They could have found her. They did nothing till their backs were against the wall and even then they stalled.
There is no excuse for what cindy and george did. They neglected to find their grandchild. cindy and her daughter are reflections of each other. They will ride something out until they can go no further. In this case, it costs Caylee's life.

Cindy and george should have hunted down casey....period...AND it would not have been difficult.!!! There is no excuse for them to have sat back for 31 days. NONE of Caylee's clothes were taken FPS!!!

Come on! Why didn't they go find her? If it weren't for the car being towed, she'd still be missing unless somebody else cared enough to go out there...but I don't think Caylee had a very wide circle. If she was missing for 31 days and nobody was looking for her, we can assume, not many cared about her daily life.

applause.gif

And when she was finally found, a few hundred feet from their own front door, they went to the Ritz for crab puffs......

applause.gif

And when she was finally found, a few hundred feet from their own front door, they went to the Ritz and ate crab puffs......
ummm just wow! I ♥ you all!
I have felt like a crapuff for almost 3 years for feeling this way. :banghead:

Concerned Papa and Whisperer - My hat is off to both of you!!!

Whisperer for not backing down, and Papa for wrapping all your posts up in to one nice package and putting that applause to it, so that it can linger here in cyber-space history for evermore.

Thank You so very much, both of you!

ITA grandmaj!! This should have been an evidence exhibit in the trial...although I seriously doubt any of the jurors would have paid any attention to it. They weren't interested in the facts, only the fiction.

I hope they are paying attention now and realize what a HUGE mistake they made. I also hope their decision haunts them forever. Yes, I am very angry.

I'm with you in that I am very angry at the jury, too! I can't believe how poorly they functioned. I, too, hope they read the report and realize how wrong they were, not only in their decision but also in not really taking the whole thing very seriously. (ie......didn't take many notes; gawked around; no questions to the judge even though they CLEARLY didn't understand "reasonable" doubt, etc. etc.)

Reading the DCF report and knowing the Anthony's wouldn't cooperate with DCF, nor would Casey nor would Baez allowing Casey to speak with DCF, knowing what Baez has known for such a long time regarding what happened to Caylee, has just made my blood boil all over AGAIN! :furious:

All this shows how much the system is flawed! That definitely needs to be looked at.

I don't think even this report would have mattered to the Pinellas 12 ... if they had this report in hand ... I feel they would have been more concerned with what the 'dessert lady' had for them that day! :twocents:

:cow:

Love your sense of humor plus the fact that it hits right on the central point. Although it could have been that the cruise was coming up.............or daily doubles were going to be starting for football?? Who knows?

...Yet, some choose to pity them and say they have been through enough. BS on that carp! They are stuck right in the middle, they haven't been through anything. They have lied, scammed and brought in attorneys when that didn't work.

I hold these two also guilty. They should have known better...most moral people would have. You pick up a phone and call LE as soon as you find your grandaughter is with anyone, including her own mother, who is not able to proivide any kind of support for the child.

This is ridiculous...and I getting angrier by the minute that this family has hijacked the hearts of so many. Phooey on them and their ilk. They didn't do the right thing. They let her walk out the door with a child who needed care, food and shelter....none of which the mother could provide and they knew it. I am about to explode with frustration at those who can't see what they have done.

Yes!!! Right on!!! They also knew that Casey was an immature, spoiled brat who lied, stole and thought of no one but herself. They HAD to know that Caylee was in a very dangerous situation, yet they did nothing. I have NO SYMPATHY for Cindy and George. IMO, Casey learned how to be such a good liar from them!

So what is the point of DCF releasing a report now? So that they can say that they didn't interview George or Lee like they should have and didn't follow their own best practices when looking into the case of Caylee Anthony? How is Caylee helped by this report? I can't see it.

My takeaway is that it's more of Casey's lies (which apparently it's not against the law to like to DCF in Florida) and Cindy and George were doing the backpedaling soon after Casey's arrest and they didn't want to help DCF either.

I notice that the report was signed on August 10, 2011. At least DCF had the courtesy to wait an extra day and not to release the report on Caylee's birthday so that the public could honor her on her birthday with peace.

You really thought that she planned this before K was even born?
Come on.

I have no idea. She may have thought it. I think the deal buster was when she met Tony. He didn't allow Caylee to sleep there. He told casey he wanted a boy some day. She was smitten with him. She wanted to be with Tony @ any costs. Her mother wouldn't babysit so that sealed Caylee's fate.

Her mind reasons like Susan Smith's who did somehting similar. When she met the newe group of friends is when Caylee was doomed.

When I review the photos of Caylee, she appears to be a doll that casey liked to dressup. Those gigantiic sunglasses, etc. Of course Casey was always dressed to the tea and had the crest smile going on for the camera. She did not engage the child much at all. In the hundreds of photos, I've seen it twice...and the one is shown every day in the media.

Imo, casey never bonbed with Caylee. I think cindy wanted to help make her bond but it wasn't working. Cindy put Caylee in casey's bed each night, hoping a bond would happen.....we see the results.:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back