Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I can't stop wondering about what is motivating her actions now. I have a hunch that a lot of it is a sense of guilt. I think that there were far too many signs that something was wrong that were ignored and we only know the half of it, I'm sure.

I've also often wondered why on earth they kept letting KC leave with Caylee 3-4 days (and nights) at a time. Wouldn't it have been better to convince KC that it would be best for Caylee to stay home? I doubt that KC would have objected if she had been given the green light to go out on her own...

I think Cindy was sending Casey mixed messages about what she wanted and expected out of her as Caylee's mother. On one hand, she'd tell her she had to be home every night to put Caylee to bed, take responsibility for raising Caylee, be a more involved mother, etc. Even going so far as to tell Casey she wasn't a good mother and berate her because she didn't contribute to Caylee's life financially or in almost any other way. But then on the other hand, I think Cindy really wanted to be the "mother" figure to Caylee (control)and forcefully took that role when it suited her. Remember how she said it was her that rocked Caylee every night before bed? And how she said she didn't want to lose "both of my daughters"? Cindy completely contaminated the whole mother-daughter dynamic between Casey and Caylee, if you ask me.

While there are some really brilliant minds on this thread I was wondering what you all thought about this comment by Ca (Not sure if verbatim)

"I love Caylee almost as much as I love Casey"

that really hit a chord with me for some reason.

Gma Cat I thought she said 'KC loves Caylee more than I love KC... I thought I heard a lot of guilt in that comment. Maybe thinking if she had loved KC more we wouldn't be in this mess? IDK but I agree that hit me too.

I guess I haven't seen much discussion about the insanity issue. I'd actually be interested in someone making a case for such a defense. It would be interesting to see what criteria they would focus on and how they could support their findings.

I agree that most of the recent discussion is actually useless in helping us to better understand what makes Casey run. I didn't mean it to turn into a pissing contest and apologize for any part I had in that. I simply wanted to clarify that sociopath and psychopath are not recognized diagnoses.

Yes, they are recognized. The DSM simply switches names, from time to time.

Psychopath is the older title for sociopath. Or, rather "sociopathic personality disorder." It has recently been changed back to "antisocial personality disorder," which is what it was called between "paychopath" and "sociopath."

Like what was once called "multiple personality disorder" is now called "dissociative identity disorder."

I don't think she planned the "getting rid of" the body. IMO She was freaking out (that crazy rush of calls to mom's cell, home, mom's work, dad, home, mom's work, home, Jesse, etc..) and I don't think she had the capacity at that time to think clearly enough to put Caylee's body in a "mom friendly" place.

ITA with your theory though! :)

I agree. Other than that, I think Shadowraith's scenario is prolly pretty close.

No biggie.. ya just gotta field certain things, ya know? We all know what the DSM is and what personality disorders are included in it.

Anyway- I seriously doubt Jose will be stupid enough to try to use an insanity defense, what's your take?

Hey, did you get my PM about sending me that email again? If you could re-send I'd appreciate it very much :) Tia!

He's going to attack the evidence. He has to do. That's the only card he can play, and it's a deuce against a royal flush.

No one's gonna believe that KC is legally insane.

I believe sociopaths can feel sadness. It is empathy they lack. I think Casey is very sad about what has happened to her.

Yep. She can feel sadness and fear, as it relates to her, only.

I have a question that I don't know where else to place so I thought I'd try here...Is it possible for a sociopath to also be insane??? I don't think this applies to KC by the way, but I am curious if such a pathology is possible?

It's possible for a sociopath to become insane. And, it's possible to have a dual diagnosis. Maybe someone could be schizophrenic and sociopathic, for instance. The Axis I diagnosis might mask the Axis II diagnosis. I 've a a LOT of dual-diagnosis BPDs.

That's not KC's problem, though.

I am curious to read info about how Sociopaths are diagnosed, discovered, live under the radar.....etc. Do Sociopathic parents create sociopathic children, etc.

I would welcome experts to post to this thread as well as anecdotal experiences. Thank you.

Sociopaths can raise sociopaths. It doesn't always happen.

Nobody's quite sure how much is nature and how much is nurture.

Does anyone know if someone can be "a little bit sociapathic" or is it kind of like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't?

Like being pregnant, IMHO. But, many sociopaths adapt around legal consequences. Some become sucessful CEOs.

If I recall correctly, a psychopath was the initial label for sociopaths, but that was changed to sociopaths in the 1930's. It's been changed again recently to anti-social.

You recall correctly.

Beffie, Im quite embarrassed and disturbed... I answered it correctly. :waitasec: But I am by no means a psychopath, have never killed anyone and never would. It just seemed the logical answer knowing how twisted some people in society are. :eek:

(someone else please tell me they knew the answer too?) :/

Crime buffs could answer correctly.

It's possible for a sociopath to become insane. And, it's possible to have a dual diagnosis. Maybe someone could be schizophrenic and sociopathic, for instance. The Axis I diagnosis might mask the Axis II diagnosis. I 've a a LOT of dual-diagnosis BPDs.

That's not KC's problem, though.

I agree. I don't think that KC is insane. Definitely a sociopath though.

No. I was thinking about CA...

Hmm, I figured the sister was also interested in the man but she got his name and a date with him and because the sister had always came out ahead on everything, she was killed as a result of out of control sibling rivalry . Then I thought maybe the killer believed her sister to be the cause of mom's death. The real answer - kill the sister in expectation that the stranger will attend the funeral - never crossed my mind because it defies logic.

So, if the sociopath's motive for murder defies logic, where does that leave us with KC? Being free to be with TonE makes some logical sense as a motive ( a la Susan Smith), getting back at mom and dad makes some logical sense (vindictive). Are we are all perhaps trying to find logical reasoning where there is none?

I do not know where to put this, but I have to ask. Is there any update on the female jogger murdered in Jay Blanchard Park on June 9th? Any leads in the case? Any chloroform in the toxicology reports? My mind is wandering around the Park connection and June 9th (the first date reported to have been the last day to see Caylee and which was cemented in CA and KC's mind for some reason). Surely just a brain cramp. I will get over it.

I think KC came up with 6/09 to utilize Nicole's murder as a possible diversion tactic. CA then went along.

There is nothing to connect Nicole's murder with Caylee's alleged murder. Nicole was killed by a rapist.

Caylee was cramping KC's social style. KC was prolly, as CA's MySpace said, also jealous of the baby. Also the missing baby would take the family's attention off KC's thefts from her granddad. Those thefts were the cause of the big fight.

What she said was "Casey loves Caylee even more than I love Casey. And I love Casey more and more every day."

I can't even think of a comment to accurately describe how bizarre of a statement that was.
That statement was just more Cindy babble. I went WTH? I betcha she wishes she had those words back...along with a whole host of others. Ok...that's assuming she's even aware of what she says in the first place. (Nah!)

The purpose of this big newstory is ultimately to give authorities more power to deal with sociopaths, before they commit a crime, which is futuristic, Orwellian thinking.

Orwell wrote "1984" so we wouldn't do those kinds of things.

What if the story backfires and Casey is proven innocent of killing her child?

Casey loved Caylee and Jesse wanted her to be adopted. Jesse managed to get his way. Casey told police she was willing to provide another home for Caylee. What did she mean? Why did she say that? What was she trying to accomplish in that conversation, since Casey nor anyone has mentioned adoption? Why did she say she was willing to provide Caylee with another home?

Now that this adoption has gone bad, if this theory is true, Casey is afraid to say anything that might put Caylee in danger from the people who have her and who weren't supposed to disappear.

This is all big intrique that involves an adoption, which was then used to make it look like the sociopath Casey killed her daughter. The ultimate purpose is, authorities want to be able to pass laws to put anyone they don't believe is perfectly normal away.

That is scary.

Then, whose was the corpse in KC's trunk? How did A family female-line DNA get into the body fluids, to the exclusion of all other? If Caylee is alive, which female A is dead? And, how did the death band get into Caylee's hair? What corpse did the dogs alert to in the A's yard? Why did KC buy a pizza on the 19th and dump it onto the corpse in the trunk, then keep on driving?

That "adoption" dog don't hunt, honey.

Why have they given up and quit talking?

Why did Casey keep saying she is afraid for Caylee?

Why did Casey say she was willing to provide another home for Caylee?

KC quit talking because no one can believe her crazy and constantly-shifting stories.

KC had quite the colorful social life, for a frightened woman. She is also a compulsive liar.

If KC had adopted Caylee out, LE would not have had to scrape out a trunk load of decomposed DNA. Where do you suppose all that came from? Who do YOU know who can fake a particular person's DNA?

I answered it correctly in about 1/8 second, too; then I thought, "Too risky. Why would he necessarily show up at the second funeral?"

OneLost Grl said: "I cared about nobody but myself, I stole, lied, cheated, engaged in risky sexual behavior, I have been arrested countless times, lost my drivers license then drove on a suspended license. I could go on..."

Actually, what you did is just stupid. The point of everything is to make yourself happy, and the best way is to make other people happy in the process. Casey was very smart and did both. But she did it with no limitations, so you call her evil.

But the bottom line will be she didn't kill or neglect her daughter, who she loves.

So, YOU explain the forensic evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member