Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Insane is Andrea Yates (drowned all 5 kids and then promptly told on herself, didn't try to hide evidence or make up excuses--although she did claim she heard voices)

Insane is not KC. KC lied to cover her tracks even before Caylee's disappearance and has done nothing to help this investigation because she knew that murdering her child is wrong and she didn't want to suffer punishment.

However, IMHO, KC does have a serious mental disorder (psychopath) but regardless deserves either the DP or LWOP.

The sociopath knows whats right and wrong,they just choose to do what ever they want because to them its all relative.
She was well aware that murdering Caylee was wrong hence her efforts to conceal the truth to keep from facing punishment.
But she wanted to be free to do what she wanted Caylee was an obstacle so she removed her.
Caylee's feelings and the harm her actions would cause to others were of no consequence.
Guilt and empathy are completely absent.
No emotion for Caylee all this time yet when the remains are discovered and she KC is in danger she has a 'panic attack'.Typical.

She may look like the all american 20something but she's no different than some inner city who would weigh your life against the 20 dollars in your purse and kill you, or the serial killer who would take a life for sexual gratification.

Exactly. It's the packaging that is throwing society off.

I would like to know what kind of child/teen KC was.....loving? bratty? liar? did she babysit other people's children? did she rock her dolls? did she even like children?
or when did her diabolical personality develope?? Was there ALWAYS signs of a troubled child/woman?

I am a PSYCH student and since we all seem to be waiting on the forensics to come in from Caylee I thought we may need a place to direct our theories...

SO....

I have been following this case from day one. Like I do many... like.. NH.. and SP.. and JBR.. so.....
I have never posted a thread here so I am interested in the response I get.

From day 1 that the public knew Caylee was missing... which was actually 31 days since her death/missing persons spin...

What happened inside that family that caused this situation to be the result...was it dysfunctional??... ABSOLUTELY!!!

Who caused the dysfunction??........

It did not happen overnight... not for the end result to be what it is.

I came from a very dysfunctional family... I will elaborate if anyone cares to hear and I have had 4 daughters... BUT NEVER thought about killing my children for REVENGE...

Just looking for some different psychological point of views here.... I am a student in psychology and this case is a perfect learning opportunity.... I am sure it will be in text books in future years.

:confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::behindbar

I wrote this for another thread:

The pathology of Cindy's and Casey's relationship suggests that Casey never separated her ego from her mother's ego as she should have when she was a younger teen. Look how controlled the A's home was; clean, organized, always maintained by a list printed out by a person most who likely thinks that flexibility or deviations from her plans are unacceptable and character flaw in the people who failed to follow her directions. Such people often push others away but for those who can't or won't get away, lying is a way of postponing punishment or disappointment.

Casey learned early that scorn was heaped on people who didn't meet Mom's standards. She would have heard a script of words like "Stupid, lazy, worthless" on a regular loop. A healthy 12-14 year old would learn to separate their self image from a high standard parent by either recognizing that he or she can try to meet these standards and live with them until the time they can be independent or openly defy the parent until they back off/give up. Instead, Casey learned a dangerous coping method (and carried it to adutlhood); agree that everyone around you isn't smart or good or hardworking. Casey would have tried to live up to her mother's standards and failing that, she would lie to postpone the scorn.

I think that C and G are having very different experiences . One parent thinks she could not have possibly raised a lying child killer and the other knows that he failed to protect his own child when she needed his intervention.

You hit my studies right on the nail of the head... Perfectly/

I cannot say it better myself... actually you state the obvious problems in a short form..

This is why KC hid her pregnancy for so long.. she didn't know who the fatehr was because of her actions outside of the house...

Do I think it is incest... NO... those claims came up out of KC's desperation.. looking for an excuse for her actions.. to get ATTENTION...

This is why LA is soooo angry .... to the point of throwing flowers and a cross in the memory of his dear niece away.. HE is ANGRY.. at his SISTER for her actions... but alto at his parents for allowing it to happen...and his mother and father for defending his sister for so long.. when the truth is obvious....

In his mind... I feel he has known Caylee was gone since the first evidence came in .... that is why he disapperaed... he doess't want to be part of the spotlight of what is so obvious..

So in his anger of the spotlight.. he threw the items in the trash...wanting privacy.. so he can help his parents and the rest of the family see the truth.... for so long they have been under the spotlight... their every move.

i Have never made a POST to this site ... like made a topic... sooo... how does it get to the top for discussion????.. I have had to search to find my own topic... alot of what is being discussed could easily fall under this topic....

WHAT caused a family dysfunction so bad that CAYLEE GAVE HER LIFE????????????

Well, only "Sticky" threads go all the way at the top, but every time someone posts in a particular thread it moves up in position within the forum. The more people post, the longer a thread stays active.

However, there are a few threads already about the psychology of the Anthony family dynamics so that may be way it isn't getting much activity. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Hope this helps. ;)

I think many of us have wracked our brains to figure out what would cause this family to dispose of Caylee like they did. We all have pretty much come to the same conclusion, that this family is VERY dysfunctional, but i am not sure whether we actually know to the extent! I don't think we will EVER EVER know to what extent that this family is so messed up! There are so many questions right now, so many quesitons that make you go hmmmm. And the sad thing is that the person that could really answer these questions, is the childs own mother, the one that is suppose to PROTECT her child.

Well, only "Sticky" threads go all the way at the top, but every time someone posts in a particular thread it moves up in position within the forum. The more people post, the longer a thread stays active.

However, there are a few threads already about the psychology of the Anthony family dynamics so that may be way it isn't getting much activity. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Hope this helps. ;)

Yes it does and changed the name of the tread to Caylee dies WHY.... or something to that effect.....seems that the sleuths want big titles...IMO,,, I am just looking for an indepth PSYCH discussion of how this could have happened.

Giving the events of recent days an current news..... I dont expect any forensics before the end of theweekend...

I thought all of us deep.. psych thinkers could have a place to speculate.... like the profilers are.. that said.. I am not suprised her body was found where it was... it fits KA's MO....

I have a thought as I try to get to sleep and can't. Usually something happens that is a trigger for violence. Could the video of Caylee's visit to the great grandparents on the 15th and the sweet and nice things that might have been said by Cindy about the visit trigger jealousy or resentment in Casey that Caylee was getting or showing loving attention that Casey believes she lacks. If Casey saw Caylee treated like she can do no wrong and at the same time Casey is treated as though she does nothing right even though she stole money, which was a substitute for love anyway, all that might trigger enough irrational hate, resentment, and anger that she has to eliminate the source of her pain for the moment. Attacking the more defenseless is typical. She didn't get what she needed by screaming at her mother as mother didn't get it.

Being told that you are not a good enough mother hurts to the core. Both women were in competition internally and Caylee was in the middle. Cindy might have been too insensitive to realize that Casey's low self esteem developed years before and Casey hid that. Obviously, Cindy hadn't paid enough attention to Casey's needs and instead focused more on her own. Casey's peer group didn't have the maturity to see any problems so Casey floundered in her morass of lucid dreaming blending into real life.

The trigger might have been the video and the reason she deleted all the pictures of Caylee from the computer.

The above mention of lies delaying scorn is truly relevant and Cindy just wasn't helping Casey grow up. She actually was pushing her away probably for a long time to save her marriage. Why didn't all three go into counseling?

The parents had no clue what was going on inside Casey.

I think many of us have wracked our brains to figure out what would cause this family to dispose of Caylee like they did. We all have pretty much come to the same conclusion, that this family is VERY dysfunctional, but i am not sure whether we actually know to the extent! I don't think we will EVER EVER know to what extent that this family is so messed up! There are so many questions right now, so many quesitons that make you go hmmmm. And the sad thing is that the person that could really answer these questions, is the childs own mother, the one that is suppose to PROTECT her child.

Yes.. we have all come to the conclusion long ago that this family is very dysfnctional long ago... BUT...

What factor caused KC to SNAP in such a distructive way???

Do I think she did it alone... YES.. Do I think GA knew long ago at least at the tow yard or before.... YES... he acted in the way a father would... trying to protect his family from the dyzfunction of years falling in around them.....

SO SAD this family story is.... do I have sympathy for GA and CA and LA... yes... and no.....

Think there was a lot really wrong here. I feel GA may have many skeletons in his closet. LA could have come out of it normal, seems to distant himself most of the time except when necessary. He may not have much respect for his father due to the things his father has done, ie ck kiting (or whatever it is called :) sketchy work history.. GA seems like someone who wants to "appear" as he has it all but doesnt do anything.. CA does appear to have common sense when you listen to her convo's with LE and FBI. She was to entrenched in Casey, I think... Though I think they have a multitude of issues going on in the family, who would have thought Casey could do this?!? I do think what what has leaked about CA and tt counselor, she very well may have been on verge of seeking full custody, sadly seems to little, to late.. She probably should have dumped GA too. Oh well, have many thoughts myself, just a few though.

Yes.. we have all come to the conclusion long ago that this family is very dysfnctional long ago... BUT...

What factor caused KC to SNAP in such a distructive way???
Do I think she did it alone... YES.. Do I think GA knew long ago at least at the tow yard or before.... YES... he acted in the way a father would... trying to protect his family from the dyzfunction of years falling in around them.....

SO SAD this family story is.... do I have sympathy for GA and CA and LA... yes... and no.....

The way I see it, is that KC had been simmering away for quite some time .. her resentment toward Cindy and Caylee was building up. Maybe she was fantasizing about ways to get rid of Caylee so that she could be number 1 in Cindy's eyes again.. But I think the point where she snapped was when Cindy put her hands around her throat on the 15th of June.. I can't help but to think that KC strangled Caylee sometime not too long after that event as a form of revenge.

Hmm, just thinking. Maybe in arguement between CA and Casey just prior to her leaving, CA told Casey she was going to "take custody" of Caylee away from her (not a good thing if happened especially under the circumstances of how their relationship appears and it was Casey's final act to "show her" I know this has been mentioned before. Think CA is a smart person overall, just should have learned when to "not talk" with regards to Caylee/Casey. She probably could have gotten custody and the thing is, if it had been "handled gently" Casey probably would have gone along with it.. All so very, very sad.

The things that make us go HHHMMMMM..... that is what this thread is about.
And you are correct in saying the one person who could have ended this long ago will not talk....

But we can still deal with the family dynamics... Until the trial is over... KA will not talk... if she does then.. it will be with someone who builds a relationship with her over years in prision.... do I feel she will go to prision for a long time.... YES... KA is not going to talk about what happened in that family until she has nothing else absolutely to lose... right now she has benifit of the doubt that a jury will see the defense side of the story.... until that is gone and everyonje else... when she is alone in prison for life..WILL shetalk... maybe..... unless she is such a sociopath that she never admits anything... Like SP................Personally I think she is another SP>>>>>

Hmm, just thinking. Maybe in arguement between CA and Casey just prior to her leaving, CA told Casey she was going to "take custody" of Caylee away from her (not a good thing if happened especially under the circumstances of how their relationship appears and it was Casey's final act to "show her" I know this has been mentioned before. Think CA is a smart person overall, just should have learned when to "not talk" with regards to Caylee/Casey. She probably could have gotten custody and the thing is, if it had been "handled gently" Casey probably would have gone along with it.. All so very, very sad.[/QUOTE

Personally I do not think CA is a smart person... #1.. when she got KC from TL aprt... how long was it before she asked where Caylee was??? That would have been my FIRST question when KC left with no Caylee.......I have children and grands.... I want to know where everone is NOW!!!!!!!!... They all left AL apt for gods sake.... where was Caylee at that time???............This does not happen in the "real world"...................... I would have wanted to know where she was from that instance...........JMO!

Casey never wanted her mpther to have control or custody of Caylee... that was the big power struggle between the two.

:clap::clap::clap:

Please pass this on to the DA's office! This would be a wonderful statement to make to the jury!!!

There is no Zanny nanny.. unless is is in\ the form on Zantx... And from the understanding I have now... ther is enough tissue evidence to tell that....

Matter of the fact remains... ZANNY DOES NOT EXIST.... Except in KC's mind which is her defense... A defense based on another LIE!!

Caylee's eveidence from her body will tell EVERYONE the TRUTH as to what happened to her.... WAIT for the forensics to come in... I am sure everyone's mind will be blown!!!!!:clap:

Crazylovemonkee,
I'm not attempting to "take up" for CA at all. I too have children and a gd and NO this would not have happened in my life as if I couldn't see my gd especially had she been living in my home from day one, I would NEVER have let it go on for a month, let alone 1-2 days.. but I am not CA.. and didn't let my children be dismissed w/o consequences for their actions. That being said, CA DID ask Casey about Caylee when she picked her up at TL house if you remember.

I do not condone CA nor GA actions to any of this but I also know as a parent/grandma, they have to have been thru very much emtionally from day one rather any of us like their reactions or not. I cannot fathom being in their shoes, any dsyfunction or whatever they are still human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE