Casey gets a 1 million dollar offer for first story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly Solace you do make some good points. My question is why would someone pay 1 million dollars for a rubber mask? Why is there a bidding war going on for an interview? The bottom line is to make money. This person took a big risk investing alot of money for a mask. This person is banking on the fact that it will be worth more down the road, and it might. It could also turn out that it might be worth 99 cents. The networks are banking on the interview resulting in high ratings but the other side of the coin is they could lose ratings and some viewers for good.
There is still interest in this case and I believe there are as many reasons for that as there are people commenting on it. Some believe that together we can make a difference. The media has every right to keep this in the news everyday but how many times has the name Caylee Marie Anthony been on the news in the last week? I couldn't tell you because I've stopped watching but I bet it's not much. I don't agree with people slamming each other or disrespecting anyone who wants to watch the interviews or buy books. I'm just saying that I won't. I don't believe justice was done in this case and I feel that one of the ways I can contribute to any form of justice is to refuse to contribute to any bank account that has to do with the people involved in this case who are obviously looking for the big bucks.

I don't think anyone really paid $1mil for that mask alone. If they did I would get their check was made out of the same material as the mask. jmo

A lot of people believe the jury did do their job Sustained and that the system worked.

Tell you what, I will watch it when it comes out and let you know what happens. Have a good one.

I know that I am a majority here, but I'm not going to lie about the way I feel. I do believe that the evidence wasn't there and the verdic was correct with what was charged. I do believe that KC was involved in some way but the evidence didn't connect her. I think this case was crazy different and had so much drama that people were drawn to it. I will watch and I'm not going to try to act like I won't. I guess I'm still looking for the truth, not that I'll ever know it. I beleive when there are questions to be answered there is intrest.

And if you think about what was done to Caylee and you still think she's hot....well, what can I say???? jmo

Yes, and so far, the only person I know of who has expressed interest on that level is some "independent producer" that most have never heard of, and more than likely is not being honest in having said that he met with her in the first place. JMO.

I don't think anyone really paid $1mil for that mask alone. If they did I would get their check was made out of the same material as the mask. jmo

Agreed. I'm betting that time will show that whole thing to have been nothing more than an attention-getting hoax. JMO.

If anyone is waiting on KC, Jose, George, Cindy, Lee or anyone else that has supported and stood behind KC to come out with the truth about what happened to Caylee then sadly they will be waiting forever and a day. It does not matter how much money someone is willing to pay for the "truth", the money will be wasted because the truth will never be told.

Anyone with artistic talent could make the same thing for much less.
The story, like everything connected with ICA, stinks...

Thank You, You are among the majority, believe it or not. The only reason people are interested is to see how long it takes her to spit in somone's face, reoffend or kill again. I check in daily to see what's going on. I looked for the link to NBC as I did send my regrets to many other news orgs., but I couldn't find out how to contact them. I have never had such a visceral reaction of hate towards anybody, but the A's have stepped on so many, they deserve to all be behind bars and NOT FUSHION, KC !! She wanted the beautiful life, kills her daughter, lies, lets her rot and we should feel sorry for her. :banghead:

I feel the same. Apart from discussing the case on this site, which I still plan to do as issues that interest me arise, I won't be watching any programs about her and my only hope everyday when I sign onto my computer is that she will have been arrested - or worse, and dumped in a swamp.. then I will watch..:innocent:

any interview with her is worthless because the truth would be nowhere in that interview. why anyone would give this narcissist a platform to lie is beyond me.
sure there are sheeple out there who will watch. everyone loves a trainwreck. personally, i stand behind my boycott.

also, a documentary on Hitler is nothing to compare. No one is paying him a million dollars to talk. they are using the documentarys to show what happened in our world during a certain era. it's history. casey anthony personally is not history. the only story behind the casey anthony trial is the trial and verdict itself. that will be examined and discussed. casey is a nobody in this story. just someone who got lucky enough to slip thru the cracks of our judicial system. she is not the 1st person to face the death penalty and be aquitted. she holds no interest to me.

Agreed. You are not alone in 'standing behind your boycott'....not by a long shot. The passion with which people (including me) are expressing themselves on this very issue is proof of that.

Also agreed on the Hitler reference.....complete 'apples and oranges' there. JMO.

I got a Facebook notice today - I guess because I have The Today Show on my "like" list...

NBC News statement regarding Casey Anthony

NBC News has not and will not offer money for a Casey Anthony interview.

No money has or will be offered, no licensing or other arrangements.

I thanked them. I had sent an email to NBC telling them I would ban them from my TV if they paid for interview, video, photos, or information from Casey Anthony or Jose Baez. What do you think? Can we trust them?

Thank You ...

BBM: I hope they "stand by their word" !

if the Anthonys had come out immediately after the verdict and said "we love our daughter but our lives are torn apart because we will never get our granddaughter back. Please respect our privacy as we try to put our lives together and move on the best we can" ..I'd respect them.

But Casey? I will not respect her or her legal pimp squad. They can shop her all over and I will not watch. I may be only one person but my opinion matters too. I choose not to watch. I choose not to buy. I choose to donate to a good charity in Caylee's name instead. I won't puchase a book by an Anthony or their team, I'll donate my $9.99 to TES instead. I won't buy a magazine with her on the cover, I donate the price instead. It's not much but I know I'm not the only one and us ones add up. No I won't watch, I'll rent a movie instead or go out with my kids. And others will do the same. We can't stop the Casey Circus but we can choose, one by one, to avoid it. And while others are eagerly watching and cheering Casey on, the rest of us will add up too and maybe she'll get her millions but for every viewer who tunes in there will be ten of us who won't.

Donate to TES in Caylee's name, turn off your tvs the night the Casey-a-thon goes to air, don't buy the book or magazine. Those who do will tell us all about it and they can pad Casey's pocket, we do not have to.

One of the reasons that KC is so "hot" right now is exactly the uproar on this site over her getting paid - makes her much more interesting to viewers. So ironically those who are against this interview, imo, are really keeping it alive by saying that. If no one made a big deal about it, she would not be able to ask for the amount she is asking, no one would care.

Apparently this site and just about every tv station does find her story interesting; otherwise no one would be talking about it. She is in the news on HLN every single day. She is talked about here every single day; she is on e-bay now and a mask of her has sold for close to $1 million.

If that is not interest, then I have a different definition. If someone will pay $1 million for a mask; then a tv station would surely pay a lot more to get an interview with her.

Little snips of KC will be coming out here and there, just to keep the interest befoe the BIG interview. And no matter what anyone says, no matter what, one of the stations is going to show that interview - and I would be that the deal is practically done.

That is interest. And, imo, most of America will watch it. WFTV had one million bloggers at the time of trial and the site is still up and running - that is interest.

KC is newsworthy; her trial was considered the biggest in Florida's history, so it is newsworthy and why should she not be interviewed because she was found innocent. Hitler was hardly innocent and yet I think I can find a documentary on him at the very least once a week - and I think he killed a lot more than KC Anthony. Why should we not have her on record speaking if there are some who are interested in it. I think she should be interviewed; it is certainly historical and history is valuable.

I will definitely watch it and I have no doubt many from this site and others will also join in. Will you be watching Lamb?

BBM - Hitler started a world war and was responsible for millions of deaths. He has been a historical figure since 1945. FCA killed her child. Sadly it happens all the time. I can guarantee people won't be talking about FCA 60 years from now. She is not a leader capable of starting a world war or have a country kill for her. Let's get real.

IMO

if the Anthonys had come out immediately after the verdict and said "we love our daughter but our lives are torn apart because we will never get our granddaughter back. Please respect our privacy as we try to put our lives together and move on the best we can" ..I'd respect them.

But Casey? I will not respect her or her legal pimp squad. They can shop her all over and I will not watch. I may be only one person but my opinion matters too. I choose not to watch. I choose not to buy. I choose to donate to a good charity in Caylee's name instead. I won't puchase a book by an Anthony or their team, I'll donate my $9.99 to TES instead. I won't buy a magazine with her on the cover, I donate the price instead. It's not much but I know I'm not the only one and us ones add up. No I won't watch, I'll rent a movie instead or go out with my kids. And others will do the same. We can't stop the Casey Circus but we can choose, one by one, to avoid it. And while others are eagerly watching and cheering Casey on, the rest of us will add up too and maybe she'll get her millions but for every viewer who tunes in there will be ten of us who won't.

Donate to TES in Caylee's name, turn off your tvs the night the Casey-a-thon goes to air, don't buy the book or magazine. Those who do will tell us all about it and they can pad Casey's pocket, we do not have to.

I wholly agree with you. I will do the same, and have. With the exception of this site, and some pro-Caylee sites, I read nothing about any Anthony. :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

BTW, LOVE the "legal pimp squad"! :great:

Get a list of the advertisers on any show aired where she appears, or stands to make a profit and let them know what you think about companies that sponsor aid and abet child killers. I will... I just wrote to Amazon this afternoon, and it was not nice. There are too many businesses out there who care what their customers think and want to maintain a reputation as ethical companies to deal with people who dont.

Get a list of the advertisers on any show aired where she appears, or stands to make a profit and let them know what you think about companies that sponsor aid and abet child killers. I will... I just wrote to Amazon this afternoon, and it was not nice. There are too many businesses out there who care what their customers think and want to maintain a reputation as ethical companies to deal with people who dont.

This Post deserves more than a Thank You.
Vey well said ZsaZsa! I totally agree with everything you have written.
Thank YOU for choosing the right words to express what so many of us feel.

I can guarantee people won't be talking about FCA 60 years from now. She is not a leader capable of starting a world war or have a country kill for her. Let's get real.

IMO

It was the first truly cyber trial. That is the huge point here. Not Casey. This court case was a meeting of the vast internet resources and a court case. In all ways and forms. It is this event, that I respectfully say you will be proven wrong in time here. Face it, sick murder trials come and go all the time. But this case brought out all aspects of the modern "now" media forces. And exposed some very real weaknesses and strengths in this new reality. And this history will take full note of.IMO

When do we say ENOUGH? Two thirds of the American people disagreed with the verdict so will two thirds of the American people finally draw the line and take a stand?
How horrible doe's the act have to be before peoples convictions take precedence over their curiosity? What exactly are people looking for..the truth...some small sign of remorse..answers to the questions still lingering? There's only two people that knows what really happened and one of them which happened to be a little 3 year old is dead and the other is living it up on private jets and gated communitys living the beautiful life. One is waking up in a beautiful home more than likely having her needs met by a staff, throwing on her bathing suit and lounging by a pool and the other is sitting in an urn on her grandmothers kitchen counter or end table. Two thirds of the American people have one opportunity, one chance to pull together and deliver some justice no matter how small it may seem. Literally with one hand...pick up the remote...and change the channel even if it means watching reruns. Is this sacrifice to much to ask?
With great power comes great responsibility. I'm afraid that as Americans we are going to give into our curiosity and throw away our chance to draw the line here!
As an American I have the opportunity and in my opinion the responsibility to say no, I will not reward anyone involved in this miscarriage of justice to profit in any way, shape or form. I refuse to purchase any books or magazines, donate to any bogus foundations or watch any paid or "unpaid " interview with anyone involved in this circus...JMO

Run for office. Please!!

I did my bit and also posted on the kindle thread on Amazon.

I recommended sending links to friends and also to Facebook users.

It was the first truly cyber trial. That is the huge point here. Not Casey. This court case was a meeting of the vast internet resources and a court case. In all ways and forms. It is this event, that I respectfully say you will be proven wrong in time here. Face it, sick murder trials come and go all the time. But this case brought out all aspects of the modern "now" media forces. And exposed some very real weaknesses and strengths in this new reality. And this history will take full note of.IMO

Comparing this trial to Hitler, the Holocaust, and a World War is absolutely absurd. Perhaps a trip to a concentration camp may change your mind. Do you honestly believe FCA's trial will be added to our school's history curriculum and studied equally with Hitler 60 years from now?

I've never heard of a cyber trial so I have no clue what you're talking about. She had her day in court. It was televised. Some people wrote about it whether it be on forums, blogs, or elsewhere. Lots of people are trying to profit from it. It has happened before and sadly it will happen again.

Hardly any of my friends and family even know who FCA is. They are more interested in the stock market, our economy, our country's tremendous debt, the latest terror attack, the war and our soldiers, etc. There are more people that don't know who she is than do.

IMO

None paid 1 million for that goofy mask ..like the Dukes of hazzard car , someone bid on as a joke ..someone playing games .
Casey Anthony isn't worth squat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member