Casey Turning Herself In on NEW Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she is already back in jail as we speak and managed to avoid a media scrum.

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said Baez arrived because Anthony is facing new charges. Details on the charges have not been made public.

Hmmm....sounds like it might be something else. Why haven't they made the new charges public? This is odd. Also it sounds like Baez didn't know of these charges beforehand.

It's hinky to me. Could this be tied to the torso? Do you think that they found Caylee and are going to finally charge her?

The torso will need to have DNA run to determine to see if it is Caylee. There is no way that that would be back yet. It'll be a little while on that.

I read that Bank of America, Target, & whoever else was involved with Amy's checking account were also going to press charges against her. Maybe that's what this is about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she pled not guilty on the charges she was arrested on a couple of weeks ago. These are new. But I do have a question-If these new charges ALSO involve her theft of Amy's check's, why didn't LE file them all at once?

LOL - you tell me!

This is what Baez was talking about the last time LE came to the house and arrested her. He questioned why they did not let him know of the charges so he could bring her in like this, which is how it is normally done. Guess they would have looked rather foolish if they tried that again! They had the protesters in an absolute frenzy that night, didn't they? IMHO

Fox national news is getting ready to do an update on this.

Story coming up on Fox, after the break, what else is new?

If the new charges have anything to do with the granparents, there is a very strict law here in Fl on crimes committed against persons over 65. Those are very, very serious.

Now I have a ? Last time she was arrested, the $50,000 had to be reposted because it automatically revokes when you are arrested. At least that's my understanding. So if these are new charges and she's rearrested, does this mean all of the previous bonds get revoked?

I think you may be right. And if so, it is a very smart strategic move on LE's part. Keeps them on their toes, shows who is boss, and also makes it annoying and incovenient on a weekly basis for the Anthony's to have to keep going through the process of bailing her out.

And not sure what Cindy was referring to in the 911 call when she said"I have filed an affidavit".
Sounds like she wrote up an affidavit for the Grandmother theft case at some point. Unless she meant to say "police report".

The torso will need to have DNA run to determine to see if it is Caylee. There is no way that that would be back yet. It'll be a little while on that.

Did you know that NYC has a mobile DNA truck that can give DNA results in as little as 8 hours? It's pretty cool stuff.

If the new charges have anything to do with the granparents, there is a very strict law here in Fl on crimes committed against persons over 65. Those are very, very serious.

Now I have a ? Last time she was arrested, the $50,000 had to be reposted because it automatically revokes when you are arrested. At least that's my understanding. So if these are new charges and she's rearrested, does this mean all of the previous bonds get revoked?

No it would only be revoked if she was arrested for something she did during the time she was bonded out. These crimes were done before she was ever arrested

OMG, I was gone 4 like 2- hrs and come back and this happens! Im never leaving home again!!!! Housemouse was right......should've listened 2 her!

Yeah...I know they have to check the DNA; just don't really know how long the turnaround time is on that. Weren't the remains found yesterday? Is it fact that it takes more than twenty four hours?

This is crazy, we got a missing child and a dead body that was found in the back of her car and they are worried about bad checks. Arrest her, put her in jail until her trail time. I know anyone else would be sitting in jail until trial for the simple fact of the dead body in the trunk of the car.

No kidding! And my parents would be the first people to throw the key to my cell down the toilet....no bail for me if I was in this mess.

Of course, my momma didn't raise a sociopath so I won't ever be in that position.

Yeah...I know they have to check the DNA; just don't really know how long the turnaround time is on that. Weren't the remains found yesterday? Is it fact that it takes more than twenty four hours?

No idea

No that is not correct. First of all the Bond would revoke ONLY if she committed new law violations while out on bond, and the Judge or the Bondsman revoked it, these charges are from law violations she committed prior to her arrest on child neglect.

Did you know that NYC has a mobile DNA truck that can give DNA results in as little as 8 hours? It's pretty cool stuff.

Yeah we tend to like to get things done really fast! But DNA? That's hilarious and macabre all at the same time.

Only in New York....

If this is just an in-and-out thing, with prepaid bail, etc, it sounds as if she and JB have got this down to a comfortable routine.

Pretty soon, they will let her phone in to an automated line for new charges:

Press 1 to hear your charges
Press 2 if guilty
Press 3 if not guilty . . .

A drive-through window at the courthouse would also be an option. Slide the handy dandy Prepaid Bail Card and pull up to the window.

:furious:

This is crazy, we got a missing child and a dead body that was found in the back of her car and they are worried about bad checks. Arrest her, put her in jail until her trail time. I know anyone else would be sitting in jail until trial for the simple fact of the dead body in the trunk of the car.

No, they wouldn't, because LE doesn't have the timeline to link her to the car from Amscot (possibly a little before) to when it got picked up by GA. Remember CA saying "maybe someone put it there when it was at the tow yard?". That's what a lawyer would say too, and they would have to let her out on bond.

They need proof linking a dead body to KC, and right now, I'm thinking they don't have it. :(

More theft and fraud - she could be out early tomorrow. Darnit.

So she is already back in jail as we speak and managed to avoid a media scrum.

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said Baez arrived because Anthony is facing new charges. Details on the charges have not been made public.

Hmmm....sounds like it might be something else. Why haven't they made the new charges public? This is odd. Also it sounds like Baez didn't know of these charges beforehand.

It's hinky to me. Could this be tied to the torso? Do you think that they found Caylee and are going to finally charge her?

Could they have done DNA testing on the torso that quickly? Even if they determine it is a female child around the age of 3, doesn't give LE the legal weight to charge her with the crime until they can determine thru DNA that it is Caylee and not some other poor child. Remember, Trenton Duckett's mother was in that area IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg