Casey Turning Herself In on NEW Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be right. And if so, it is a very smart strategic move on LE's part. Keeps them on their toes, shows who is boss, and also makes it annoying and incovenient on a weekly basis for the Anthony's to have to keep going through the process of bailing her out.

Yes, I agree. I think LE is just biding their time and definately racking up charge after charge after charge. Drive them nuts! Also it will give her a pretty good taste on what's coming down the pike for her...
9.gif
Say hello to your new roomie!

No that is not correct. First of all the Bond would revoke ONLY if she committed new law violations while out on bond, and the Judge or the Bondsman revoked it, these charges are from law violations she committed prior to her arrest on child neglect.

Totally concur. The only reason why the other bond was revoked last time was because the bondsmen revoked it.

Did you know that NYC has a mobile DNA truck that can give DNA results in as little as 8 hours? It's pretty cool stuff.

Yes, actually I did know. And yes, it is amazingly cool. But as far as I know the NYC truck is the only one of it's kind so far.

If the new charges have anything to do with the granparents, there is a very strict law here in Fl on crimes committed against persons over 65. Those are very, very serious.

Now I have a ? Last time she was arrested, the $50,000 had to be reposted because it automatically revokes when you are arrested. At least that's my understanding. So if these are new charges and she's rearrested, does this mean all of the previous bonds get revoked?

I don't think that was automatic, I think that was LP's choice last time. Though I could be talking out of my a$$.

Yeah we tend to like to get things done really fast! But DNA? That's hilarious and macabre all at the same time.

Only in New York....

They're rolled it out for the 9/11 victims. Even in Sarasota they have a wicked DNA lab that processes pretty quickly AND they do ethnicity DNA as well.

FWIW - In regards to the credit card fraud, a friend had a similar situation with her daughter taking the card and checks that come in the bill belonging to a grandmother and using them. Charges were filed by the store and also by the credit card company. One charge for each offense.

Edited to add: And not all charges were brought at the same time.

No, they wouldn't, because LE doesn't have the timeline to link her to the car from Amscot (possibly a little before) to when it got picked up by GA. Remember CA saying "maybe someone put it there when it was at the tow yard?". That's what a lawyer would say too, and they would have to let her out on bond.

They need proof linking a dead body to KC, and right now, I'm thinking they don't have it. :(
Tow yards have to have security. High fences and usually dogs - if they didn't people would break in and just take back their cars.

So, to get a dead body in that car, someone would have to HAVE a dead body to begin with - get it over a fence, break into a car trunk (leave no evidence or prints) and then escape. Why THT car???? How many other cars were accessible. It's a defense but a poor one. Tow yards are responsible for the vehicles in their possession so they would not just have them sitting there waiting to be broken into.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17458657/detail.html

UPDATED: 2:27 pm EDT September 15, 2008

The charges include petit theft, uttering a forged instrument and criminal use of personal information. She faces earlier charges of child endangerment and charges of lying to authorities in the case of the disappearance of her young daughter Caylee. Casey also faces check fraud charges in an unrelated case where she's accused of taking money out of a friend's checking account.

Everyone, please enjoy the upcoming preview of "Jail Time", followed shortly thereafter by our feature presentation, "Life in Prison".

If this is just an in-and-out thing, with prepaid bail, etc, it sounds as if she and JB have got this down to a comfortable routine.

Pretty soon, they will let her phone in to an automated line for new charges:

Press 1 to hear your charges
Press 2 if guilty
Press 3 if not guilty . . .

A drive-through window at the courthouse would also be an option. Slide the handy dandy Prepaid Bail Card and pull up to the window.

:furious:[/QUOTE

rolflmao:crazy:

Thanks for clearing up the bond issue. I thought that the bond company revoked because it violated their terms but I see know they just pulled it because they could. Well huh. Maybe this bond company will do the same thing. One can hope.

I think if this were for anything more than check charges, we would have seen Baez and/or Nejame all over the news by now, trying to do damage control.

ETA: Just saw the post confirming it's more check charges. I am so behind today.

So she is already back in jail as we speak and managed to avoid a media scrum.

Jail spokesman Allen Moore said Baez arrived because Anthony is facing new charges. Details on the charges have not been made public.

Hmmm....sounds like it might be something else. Why haven't they made the new charges public? This is odd. Also it sounds like Baez didn't know of these charges beforehand.

It's hinky to me. Could this be tied to the torso? Do you think that they found Caylee and are going to finally charge her?

From your keyboard, to Gods ear, Shannon...fingers and toes crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!