Casey Turning Herself In on NEW Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, newbie here! I hope that Casey will at least have to spend the night in jail. Preview of coming attractions.

Tow yards have to have security. High fences and usually dogs - if they didn't people would break in and just take back their cars.

So, to get a dead body in that car, someone would have to HAVE a dead body to begin with - get it over a fence, break into a car trunk (leave no evidence or prints) and then escape. Why THT car???? How many other cars were accessible. It's a defense but a poor one. Tow yards are responsible for the vehicles in their possession so they would not just have them sitting there waiting to be broken into.
I read somewhere that the Anthony's were saying that an employee of the tow company could have used the car to transport a dead body & then returned it to the lot :rolleyes:

Yeah...I know they have to check the DNA; just don't really know how long the turnaround time is on that. Weren't the remains found yesterday? Is it fact that it takes more than twenty four hours?

I wasn't aware anything was found. Anyone know if there is a thread for that?

That's what I am afraid of! Would be nice to charge her with murder now!
I was thinking the same thing. I do think also that they have enough to charge her with murder. I don't know why, and it was just a fleeting thought but I am wondering if one of the parents' may not be arrested soon also. Don't spread it as a rumor, it's just a strange feeling I have.

Maybe 'feeling' is not supposed to play a part in it, but sometimes it does. I feel that LE has enough to charge Casey now if they wanted to.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" works both ways - a jury could feel there there could BE NO REASONABLE DOUBT that Casey was, in fact, guilty given the TOTALITY of the circumstantial evidence.

So, she could indeed be found guilty.

If LE has enough to charge her now, they really should. Not only does the public have an interest in knowing that justice is being done for a missing/presumed dead child and that the investigation is being properly conducted, there is a pressure cooker atmosphere around the Anthony home that has the potential to cause great harm.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/08/NGfindcayleeblog/index.html

Orlando, Florida -- Monday - Sept. 15, 2008
(From Natisha Lance, Nancy Grace Field Producer)

2:23 PM ET - Just spoke to Deputy Carlos Padilla about Casey Anthony's new charges. Three new charges: petty theft, uttering forged instrument and fraudulent use of personal I.D.

1:40 PM ET - Jose Baez just arrived at the corrections administration building. Jail PIO Allen Moore just told media that Baez is here because Casey is turning herself in on some new charges. He will let us know when he finds out more.

1:16 PM ET - Casey Anthony arrives for home confinement meeting driven by her brother Lee and an unidentified man.

12:08 PM ET - Orange County Corrections Facility; awaiting the arrival of Casey Anthony to meet with her home confinement manager. Police officers put up caution tape between poles as a precaution to keep media a certain distance from Casey when she arrives. She can leave her house at 12:30 pm, but not before.

That is not really true....the proof is in her trunk. They have proved that there was a dead body in her trunk. And the notion of someone placing a dead body there after Casey abandoned it and then taking it back out again is not even a little plausible. I don't believe any defense lawyer would touch that tale with a ten foot pole.

jmo.

I'm not surprised that her attorney is backing this idiotic defense. Remember, there was even an attorney that came up with the "Twinkie defense".

To convict a person of murder, a jury has to believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" that that person is guilty. I would say that lapse in evidence is a reasonable doubt.

Yes, why that car, hard to do, risky -- but, newest in = closest to the door? Trunk big enough? I don't want to argue too much (last time I did I got a time out) but you can see what I'm saying I'm sure.

There's doubt enough there to get acquitted. Feeling isn't supposed to play in to a verdict.

I'm sorry but I just don't see where there is REASONABLE doubt. The doubt has to be reasonable not farfetched; as in a body being put in her car (while daughter is missing) in the tow yard and then removed again? That story is fantastic at best and no jury would ever believe it. Of course the trunk is big enough to hold a childs body. She was 2 1/2 years old. No bigger than a large duffel bag.

LE has enough evidence for a charge and conviction, they are just playing chess. And playing it well I might add. I'm willing to wait for them to get all of their ducks in a row. imho

Okay...someone help me out here, I'm SO confused...The Charges she did not show up for, but pled guilty are these...

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Now, aren't they the same charges reported by some as to being the NEW charges?

And, if so, could those news sites have it wrong? I wonder because the Sentinel has been SO on top of this story, and they say charges have not been released yet...

I'm probably WAY off base, but could someone straighten poor, old, confused me out? lol...

Each time KC has written a check, used someones ID, passed herself off as someone else, ect. a new charge can be filed. Example: On Tuesday she goes to Target and writes a check from Amy's account, Thursday she goes to Winn Dixie and writes a check from Amy's account, Saturday she decides to get her nails done and writes a check from Amy's account, these are all separate incidents. For EACH Check she writes, she will be charged.

I think Casey will serve significant time for all this check fraud, stealing an ID and forgery. Because she did so much of this for one thing. She didn't just do it once or twice but she committed several types of fraud with the checks and theft and ID theft etc. I think she will do more than 2 years time. There may be other charges down the line. I know that 2 or 3 of the stores she committed theft with are also filing charges (maybe some of these new ones are for the stores.) I hope grandma also presses charges. It shows she has a pattern of stealing over and over. It isn't like there was just one incident or even 2. They will also bring in evidence she stole all that money from mom (25,000 I heard). They may even bring in those bank folks and maybe there will be some sort of charges on those. She committed fraud and theft with many different groups. Not just Amy.

That is not really true....the proof is in her trunk. They have proved that there was a dead body in her trunk. And the notion of someone placing a dead body there after Casey abandoned it and then taking it back out again is not even a little plausible. I don't believe any defense lawyer would touch that tale with a ten foot pole.

jmo.

There's not a whole lot else he can do; especially if he knows the truth (which, I would hope he does - there's two people you can't lie to, your lawyer and your priest - either one damns you).

It's plausible. If you could get a jury pool that hasn't heard of this case and all the other stuff, if you could get a jury pool that's slow witted, and if you can get her to cry a lot and maybe take the stand and lie really really well (she does do well, as long as she's not pressured). That's a lotta' if's.

I'm just sayin', if they can't match her to the car or access to the car -- and they don't find Caylee -- all they have, allegedly, is a stain and dna in the trunk of a car that was out of her posession for like a week. Eh, not so much for M1.

I'm not surprised that her attorney is backing this idiotic defense. Remember, there was even an attorney that came up with the "Twinkie defense".

I remember. But somehow the musical body defense is totally and utterly ridiculous imho. Its a sad attempt to grasp at straws and is transparent. I hear you though.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/08/NGfindcayleeblog/index.html

Orlando, Florida -- Monday - Sept. 15, 2008
(From Natisha Lance, Nancy Grace Field Producer)

2:23 PM ET - Just spoke to Deputy Carlos Padilla about Casey Anthony's new charges. Three new charges: petty theft, uttering forged instrument and fraudulent use of personal I.D.

1:40 PM ET - Jose Baez just arrived at the corrections administration building. Jail PIO Allen Moore just told media that Baez is here because Casey is turning herself in on some new charges. He will let us know when he finds out more.

1:16 PM ET - Casey Anthony arrives for home confinement meeting driven by her brother Lee and an unidentified man.

12:08 PM ET - Orange County Corrections Facility; awaiting the arrival of Casey Anthony to meet with her home confinement manager. Police officers put up caution tape between poles as a precaution to keep media a certain distance from Casey when she arrives. She can leave her house at 12:30 pm, but not before.

Thanks for that...same ole, same ole...this Woman has so many financial charges, I can't keep them straight!

FWIW - In regards to the credit card fraud, a friend had a similar situation with her daughter taking the card and checks that come in the bill belonging to a grandmother and using them. Charges were filed by the store and also by the credit card company. One charge for each offense.

Edited to add: And not all charges were brought at the same time.

Many times if it is a credit card the cc companys have coverage for theft and it is covered, the stores are reimbersed and often-times because they are paid by the CC company they can't/won't press any charges.

Same can go for bad checks. I still have bad checks out there all these years later but I plead guily on other things and no charges were pressed on the checks. However, the stores still had to cover those charges so they don't like me! the only problem I have is I cannot return things at the stores or write checks (I don't have a checking account anyway) because you have to show your license and they have my license number from those bad checks

Not to mention breaking BACK IN to remove the body, again leaving no trace of break-in.

I don't think Cindy should concentrate on that angle too much, since it would imply that someone with the car keys would be responsible...

And who's body is missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member