Casey's Body Language and Reactionary Comments#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like around 25:33 mark, it almost sounds like she says "That's not true" or "It's not true".

I agree that it sounds something like that. Not that anything she says at this point has any real meaning, but I wish there was some way to only hear what's going into the defence's mic.

Yes, I was too - and to me she didn't look like she was comforting Casey at all but more implying "If you have an outburst or a temper tantrum I will break your arm on the spot. Just be quiet!"

I was as fascinated with AL's body language as I was KC's. it sure doesnt look reassuring, she looks like she is gonna break KC's arm! I noticed that before I noticed KC heaving to be honest. wont you normally hold the hand of/pet kinda thing to reassure? or is that just me?

It's very distracting. And that may be the point of doing it, whether consciously or not. Watching the jail videos, listening to the jail phone calls, listening to the LE interviews, KC struck me as the Queen of Distraction.
MOO

I agree regarding the distraction but IMO it's herself that she aims to keep distracted. She does not know how to regulate her emotions, by spacing out and picking at her skin (like the day she was arrested for murder when she was left alone in the interview room, picking at her hand like she was) or twisting, yanking or messing with hair, pulling at her clothing (though not as common but when you are in jail or in court there are not many other options) she is removing herself from what she is feeling inside... from the normal human emotions that IMO obviously make her very uncomfortable.

Prior to jail she had sex and alcohol to keep herself from feeling. I wish we could know if she did this stuff prior to jail too or if it's just part of her adapting to her new enviroment and inablity to "numb up" the traditional way.

Mamabear said to me that AL has the same look on her face she did in church when she had to grab one of her kids hands and hold it so they would be quiet.

That is a perfect description!

I was as fascinated with AL's body language as I was KC's. it sure doesnt look reassuring, she looks like she is gonna break KC's arm! I noticed that before I noticed KC heaving to be honest. wont you normally hold the hand of/pet kinda thing to reassure? or is that just me?

A.L. definitely looks like she's trying to hold Casey still, she's not holding Casey's hand, but Casey's arm closer to Casey's elbow. A.L. looks like she's listening to J.A. too though from the look on her face.

http://www.wesh.com/video/21931324/index.html

At about the 1:37 mark, after J.A. says "Could Caylee have understood what was happening to her? Did she try to resist?", that is about the time that C.A. and G.A. got up and walked out of the courtroom. You can see them leaving in the videoclip. Those words by J.A. describing how Caylee was murdered and how Caylee had duct tape put on her had to be very difficult words for C.A. and G.A. to hear.

IMO concerning KC's preening is that she is just plain vain. Nobody loves KC as much as KC loves KC.

When her body language betrays her is when she get angry IMO.

I will admit tho that the shoulders back, chest out and the swing in the back yard has stopped, maybe it has something to do with being shackled everytime she leaves her cell IMOOC.

Wow. That was a sobering post.

I agree, but without treatment, let the fun/drama begin...KC gets this anxious and worked up at a half-hour hearing, just WAIT till the trial begins. I predict that MORE THAN ONCE, KC will flip out, hyperventilate and all, and have a full blown anxiety attack for the whole world to witness. Without meds for her obvious chemical imbalances....this WILL happen!
Most probably you are right.

I noticed that she had no reaction - no hitch of the shoulders in a sob, real or faked; no twitch, no shudder, nothing - to the statement of Caylee's last look being of her mother. Yet right afterwards she has all of these reactions including a flinch when the death penalty is mentioned again.

In conjunction with the negative reactions towards the tape being described as cutting off Caylee's breathing etc, I still think these imply that this scenario isn't the correct one for how Caylee died. (But I also know we may never know exactly what happened).

I agree--we'll probably never know exactly what happened but I think JA was pretty accurate. I've thought all along the smoking gun was the duct tape...the actual murder weapon. Casey may have put a pillow or blanket over Caylee's face so she wouldn't have to look at her. So, in Caseyland if one small irrelevant detail isn't mentioned regarding the actual crime then she should walk. IMO

I think her constant preening is a vanity thing. She wants every hair in place at all times. The defense needs to tell her to wear it in a ponytail so she'll leave it alone.

I agree--we'll probably never know exactly what happened but I think JA was pretty accurate. I've thought all along the smoking gun was the duct tape...the actual murder weapon. Casey may have put a pillow or blanket over Caylee's face so she wouldn't have to look at her. So, in Caseyland if one small irrelevant detail isn't mentioned regarding the actual crime then she should walk. IMO

I think her constant preening is a vanity thing. She wants every hair in place at all times. The defense needs to tell her to wear it in a ponytail so she'll leave it alone.
Didn't the defense try a few times to have her wear her hair up, remember the stylish bun ? I think Casey hated that hair style and has told them she's going to wear her hair the way she wants to. What a joy she must be to work with...sarcasm.

Respectfully snipped:
What a joy she must be to work with...sarcasm.

Yep, and I think JB is getting fed up with her carp. I can't see how Casey can possibly put a lid on it for the trial's duration. That ought to be apparent to JB and AL after Friday. I don't think either of her attorneys has any love for her. JB was naive coming into this, but no more. He knows the score with Casey.

beanE said:
Thank you, Wenwe and JBean. I see the discussion of whether it might be KC remembering Caylee grabbing her wrist in her last moments, but don't see discussion of KC being bound at the wrist.

I thought perhaps there was a reference to an incidence of KC being restrained or bound that I'm unaware of.

KC grabbing her wrist at the hearing really struck me and I'm trying to find everything 'wrist-related' lol. Oh the things we search for in this case!!! lol

ETA: Does anyone know of any incidents in which KC was restrained by her wrists?
She was handcuffed each time she was taken to jail.
yes, her wrists are bound to and from the courtroom as well.

I agree regarding the distraction but IMO it's herself that she aims to keep distracted. She does not know how to regulate her emotions, by spacing out and picking at her skin (like the day she was arrested for murder when she was left alone in the interview room, picking at her hand like she was) or twisting, yanking or messing with hair, pulling at her clothing (though not as common but when you are in jail or in court there are not many other options) she is removing herself from what she is feeling inside... from the normal human emotions that IMO obviously make her very uncomfortable.

Prior to jail she had sex and alcohol to keep herself from feeling. I wish we could know if she did this stuff prior to jail too or if it's just part of her adapting to her new enviroment and inablity to "numb up" the traditional way.

ITA OLG! She doesn't know what she is 'supposed' to be doing it seems imo(as a normal feeling person should anyway) so she picks, pulls, yanks, twists..etc.. I too wish we knew if any of this was behavior she exhibited prior to jail. She just is TOTALLY not used to being backed into a corner...her parents apparently always bought her BS thus she was always able to buy her way out and THAT she could always count on sadly..and obviously with them still can, I don't know what I'm talking about....BUT for KC this time, the buck doesn't stop with Cindy....You know I think that even prolly bugs Cindy...that's JMO, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Cindy still thinks that no matter what KC has done that she could 'issue' the appropriate punishment much better than the State could...

I took a glance at the pics and then watched the video...

The "madonna" look (I'm referring to the painting ). The 'La Gioconda/Mona Lisa') look suits her even less than the "librarian" look... The puffed sleeves... the long black straight hair she occasionally brushes from her face, the muted green shirt with puffed sleeves at the shoulders... Next we'll see some sort of performer playing the lute.

I would suggest that the jurors (or anyone, for that matter), would be comparing "it" - whatever the look of the day/s) is, to the pics of her having a wow of a time while her little daughter had been apparently "kidnapped". From different locations, at different times, and in different circumstances. And strutting around in shorts and tight jeans basically just jutting her chin at everyone and her devil-may-care attitude for anyone or anything, except herself.

Hessian cloth will probably be next, and I'm sure it will be very becoming.

Just my opinion.

A.L. definitely looks like she's trying to hold Casey still, she's not holding Casey's hand, but Casey's arm closer to Casey's elbow. A.L. looks like she's listening to J.A. too though from the look on her face.

http://www.wesh.com/video/21931324/index.html

At about the 1:37 mark, after J.A. says "Could Caylee have understood what was happening to her? Did she try to resist?", that is about the time that C.A. and G.A. got up and walked out of the courtroom. You can see them leaving in the videoclip. Those words by J.A. describing how Caylee was murdered and how Caylee had duct tape put on her had to be very difficult words for C.A. and G.A. to hear.

Shame they chose to run out of the courtroom, instead of leaping a few rows and beating the everliving snot out of Casey. Not the right answer, but I would have had a drop of respect for them if they'd have done that.

yes, her wrists are bound to and from the courtroom as well.

Yes I know she's handcuffed. I was thinking of prior to her arrest(s) since July 08 and after.

My research hasn't turned up anything on being bound/restrained. What I'm looking for right now is her reaction when Caylee's remains were found. It seems I remember a remark about hives on her hands or her hands being red. Haven't been able to find it yet.

Yes I know she's handcuffed. I was thinking of prior to her arrest(s) since July 08 and after.

My research hasn't turned up anything on being bound/restrained. What I'm looking for right now is her reaction when Caylee's remains were found. It seems I remember a remark about hives on her hands or her hands being red. Haven't been able to find it yet.
Oh I remember that too. I'll see what I can find.

Oh I remember that too. I'll see what I can find.

Sorry. The red blotches were on her neck apparently. I could have sworn they were on her hands.

I have a friend who gets itchy hives on her hands and wrists when she has anxiety, and she rubs and scratches at them. I was thinking KC might have a similar anxiety reaction.

I'm going to keep poking around for something like this. I just can't let this wrist thing go lol.

her hands became sweaty, red blotches appeared on her neck

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-04-07/news/casey07_1_kronk-caylee-marie-anthony

Just looked up AL's interview to see if she had any hives along with those cold sweats she woke up in. He doesn't mention any hives or redness.

I still swear I saw somewhere she had red hands or hives on her hands at some point.

If anybody thinks of a time when KC had anxiety of some kind, please holler.

And now I have a question for Cindy in the other thread lol - does KC get hives on her hands when she's nervous?

What surprised me was LB's lack of control of herself, let alone anyone else, in that hearing. She ummmed and hum'ed and paused and blundered all the way through, like she was trying to find words, or replies on the spot and she knew she fell so short of it. I sincerely don't know whether it was a defense ploy or a defense blunder.

It just felt uncomfortably embarassing to watch, even from a web video. I wonder what the jury made of it.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back