Casey's credit card spending spree REVISITED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We will probably never know the real amount since the Ant Farm would have to
truthful . I dont see that happening .
Whatever amount it is - it is more than most parents would have tolerated .
What is bizzare to me is that after knowing KC was not to be trusted no effort seemed to be made to put a stop to it .
My husband is severely brain damaged and if I dont hide my cash - he lifts it and hides it He has a stash somewhere ( less than $200) that I havent located . LOL It wasnt long at all before I knew he was doing this so I took preventive measures .

We know that GA had a judgment against him in Aug 2007 for $12642.54 from Citi Bank. Was that a cc? If it was, is it possible that KC had that card too and that could be part of the money GMA's talking about?

Additionally, if she was on some crazy shopping spree for a short period of time, where did she put all of her new goodies?

So this begs the question: What DID she spend the money on? I just can't think of anything that you could use a credit card for that you wouldn't be bringing home evidence of purchasing, especially when you're talking about a good amount of money. I'm stumped.

Perhaps she purchased things for other people in exchange for ......(fill in the blank)

Something that puzzles me.....

The A's knew KC was stealing from them in many ways over a long period of time. If you knew this was going on, why would you allow it to continue? Now, we find out that apparently GA had money issues too.

I understand that they couldn't kick KC out because of Caylee, but if you were CA and the two people living in your household had money problems, wouldn't you take REASONABLE steps to prevent the theft/loss of more money from you or to limit your exposure to theft/loss????

For example - CA could have rented a P.O. Box and had the post office forward all mail to it (i.e. credit card offers, credit card bills). She could have put a fraud alert on her credit bureau files that would notify her if any credit cards were taken out in her name. She could have cancelled all existing credit cards. She could have set up an alert to be notified by her bank of all transactions or she could have checked her account online each morning like I do.

How could the financial devastation continue over and over and over and over for such a long period of time?

The A's knew KC was stealing from them in many ways over a long period of time. If you knew this was going on, why would you allow it to continue? Now, we find out that apparently GA had money issues too.

I understand that they couldn't kick KC out because of Caylee, but if you were CA and the two people living in your household had money problems, wouldn't you take REASONABLE steps to prevent the theft/loss of more money from you or to limit your exposure to theft/loss????

For example - CA could have rented a P.O. Box and had the post office forward all mail to it (i.e. credit card offers, credit card bills). She could have put a fraud alert on her credit bureau files that would notify her if any credit cards were taken out in her name. She could have cancelled all existing credit cards. She could have set up an alert to be notified by her bank of all transactions or she could have checked her account online each morning like I do.

How could the financial devastation continue over and over and over and over for such a long period of time?
I'm having a hard time believing that Casey was able to take $45,000, I guess anything is possible though. I am reminded of George's FBI interview where he talks about getting $60,000 from his workers comp settlement, I believe. He made it sound like he went through it pretty fast, bought a car, etc...This was when he seperated from Cindy. I wonder if Casey ever got her hands on some of that money and with all of the trouble she's in now, they didn't want to mention it. $65,000 is a lot of money to blow.

Since Casey snuck back home every day, it wouldn't have been hard for her to have taken out a couple of cards in Cindy's name. She could have intercepted the mail and stolen enough cash to make minimum payments enough times to keep the cards valid (probably incurring lots of late fees but oh well...). With Cindy's line of credit and lots of trips to Target (mp3s, beer, subways, gas, books,magazines, clothes and toys for Caylee, shoes, sunglasses, beads etc.) it wouldn't take long to add up to $45K.

Lots of kids fresh out of high school go hog wild and get in trouble with their first credit cards. Casey got to start out with Cindy's line of credit.

If Cindy had previously had always paid on time, the credit cards would have been happy for quite a while with minimum payments every so often. With Casey intercepting the mail, George and Cindy wouldn't have known what was going on until they had been turned over to a collection agency.

IMO

That rumor seems to be because people weren't sure what they heard...

Supposedly it was supposed to be between 4 & 5 thousand... which was misheard as 45,000.

I was just getting ready to post this same thing. I thought she said, "4 to 5 thousand" and it sounded like "45 thousand" because she ran the words together.

Because she didn't want Casey to be mad at her. After seeing the jail videos, Cindy seems to tiptoe around Casey.

I was just getting ready to post this same thing. I thought she said, "4 to 5 thousand" and it sounded like "45 thousand" because she ran the words together.

IM not so sure about that because she took 4000 alone when she stole and forged the deposit slip .

Since Casey snuck back home every day, it wouldn't have been hard for her to have taken out a couple of cards in Cindy's name. She could have intercepted the mail and stolen enough cash to make minimum payments enough times to keep the cards valid (probably incurring lots of late fees but oh well...). With Cindy's line of credit and lots of trips to Target (mp3s, beer, subways, gas, books,magazines, clothes and toys for Caylee, shoes, sunglasses, beads etc.) it wouldn't take long to add up to $45K.

Lots of kids fresh out of high school go hog wild and get in trouble with their first credit cards. Casey got to start out with Cindy's line of credit.

If Cindy had previously had always paid on time, the credit cards would have been happy for quite a while with minimum payments every so often. With Casey intercepting the mail, George and Cindy wouldn't have known what was going on until they had been turned over to a collection agency.

IMO

This is quite plausible to me. Everyone thought KC had a job, she had to have some spending money from somewhere. Did I read somewhere she used a credit card when she was out with a friend?

We know from George that Casey stole a 4,000.00 lump sum that she forged the deposit slip for. Then said she was held up at gun point. It may not be CC theft but probably a large sum over time. She stole from Lee also and Caylee so there's no telling how much over time Casey took.

That's right! - Casey also stole the $4,000 she was supposed to deposit for George (sale of his car???)! IIRC, she first produced a deposit slip she'd forged, and when George figured out the forgery, she then claimed she'd been robbed of the $4,000 while working at Sports Authority. George believed that and was so worried about her safety, he made a personal call on the mgr. of Sports Authority immediately after and there, found out Casey'd never worked for SA.

The thing that really bothers/baffles me about the above theft, is that $4,000 was a whole lot of money to the A's at the time and yet George gave no indication that they got any part of it back from Casey--or, if all that money was already spent, what she spent it on. They would have demanded to know, right? She'd only had possession of it for a month or less.

^^ Friday, I think they learned not to ask Casey too many probing questions, nor to expect many answers. The Anthonys were afraid that Casey would leave and take Caylee with her, like she ultimately and tragically did do.

I can go with $4-5 K. Up to $10K counting theft from other people or in other ways. But, I know the Ants were not credit-worthy enough for Casey to perpetuate CC theft off them in huge amounts.

That was my point- the Anthony parents' credit rating had to have been very poor, just from looking at their jobs, job histories, what George is said to have blown, and his poor work history for many years in FL.

JMO.

With all KC's lies and theft growing ever more brazen it amazes me that CA wasn't more frantic to find Caylee. I would have reported that car stolen within days of KC putting me off and standing me up!!:furious:

I knew someone who got the mail before his wife (he didn't work, she did) and when offers came in the mail for credit cards he would sign up in his wife's name. When the cards came in he maxed them out, many, many cards. It took a very long time before his wife found out and by then she was in very deep debt. As was mentioned with the interest on those cards it all adds up very quickly. So those things happen, probably a lot.

I'm thinking Nancy Grace got it wrong and meant to say $4,500....

I think so too. The 45,000 may have come from the grandmother's interview...she stumbled on the $45...and the officer asked her if that was $45,000. I don't know if that was a solid statement...does anyone know for sure?

O/T I rarely post here on KC boards, I do read though and just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work.

I like your break down BeanE it provoked me to think of the following.

45,000 divided by 24 months is 1875.00 a month. Not a stretch when looking at it that way especially for a woman that says about herself "I can blow through money" or something along those lines.

If we look at your breakdown then it's well within the realm of possibility.

But I'm wondering if the following scenario could also be a factor in the amount 45,000.00 being stolen.

That is, when you take a credit card out you can take a cash advance on many (kudos to the poster above to said this first) when you do that the interest rate on repayment can be astronomical. It can be upwards of 20-30%. Don't pay that card, and you get late fees, over the limit fees, and etc. to boot. Do that over a period of short time and you could open 2- 3 cards and have that kind of debt add up.

Until the meltdown of the economy, up until Jan 09 my Husband and I got offers for CC almost every single day. (I should have opted out, I have now). Cindy has a fairly decent paying job as a nurse. So I can see where she might get those offers too.

Just a few thoughts. I really have no idea how the money was spent, or stolen.

Two years of cc purchases and a) Cindy wasn't aware? She never saw a bill? b) if she never saw a bill, then she wasn't paying it...so I think they would have cut the card off long before 2 years...just my 2¢.

I was just wondering... maybe part of the money owed...:confused::confused::confused:
is for the hospital bill for KC.... when little ANGEL CAYLEE
was born... cause... we know for sure... KC had NO JOB>>>
therefore... NO MEDICAL COVERAGE ? ! ? and then that
brings us back to... why WHY did KC not sign up for
Medical Benefits... and IF the Father of the child was KILLED
in Auto wreck... the CHILD of DECEASED person is due....SS
Social Security BENEFITS MONEY ! ! !
KC is weird !
KC IS A LIAR ~ that is why GA & CA had to pay out the
--- for her !

JMO
jjgram

*** SEEKING ~JUSTICE~ for Little Angel Caylee !
Murdered in June 2008 at the young age of 2 years old...
Probably by her so called Mother = KC Anthony

IIRC KC was still employed by Universal at the time Caylee was born. She was actually not terminated for desertion until almost 9 months later.

For some reason KC cared more about not naming the father than getting the benefits/money.

We will probably never know the real amount since the Ant Farm would have to
truthful . I dont see that happening .

Whatever amount it is - it is more than most parents would have tolerated .
What is bizzare to me is that after knowing KC was not to be trusted no effort seemed to be made to put a stop to it .
My husband is severely brain damaged and if I dont hide my cash - he lifts it and hides it He has a stash somewhere ( less than $200) that I havent located . LOL It wasnt long at all before I knew he was doing this so I took preventive measures .

Amen to that Sharpar!! The truth and the ANTHONY's are strangers!

Gansta Kitty says hi to your avatar...Actually he said "Hey Bro! What ya listening too!!"

^^ Friday, I think they learned not to ask Casey too many probing questions, nor to expect many answers. The Anthonys were afraid that Casey would leave and take Caylee with her, like she ultimately and tragically did do.

I can go with $4-5 K. Up to $10K counting theft from other people or in other ways. But, I know the Ants were not credit-worthy enough for Casey to perpetuate CC theft off them in huge amounts.

That was my point- the Anthony parents' credit rating had to have been very poor, just from looking at their jobs, job histories, what George is said to have blown, and his poor work history for many years in FL.
JMO.

Bolded by me.

We're saying the same thing LOL. The part I just can't accept is related to this: When Casey stole the $4,000 she was supposed to deposit to the A's bank, Cindy & George were in pretty dire financial straights IIRC, and that badly-needed $4,000 was probably equal to about 2 of their mortgage payments!

I agree that George and Cindy may have feared Casey would take Caylee away if they pressed Casey about the money, but they also had a equally big, more immediate and frightening problem: They had to keep a roof over their heads (including Caylee's) food on the table for her.
Now, referring to the part of your post I bolded, wouldn't those problems have forced them to get extremely tough and demand answers from Casey as to where the money had been spent, where the remainder of the money was, etc.? Surely they would have wanted/needed to try to return whatever items she bought!?

$4,000 is a huge amount of money to run through in a month for someone like Casey, who had no expenses except gasoline and a cell phone bill! Cindy and George would have known that better than anyone, and they'd have gotten answers out of her, if for no other reason than to try to recover and return some of the items she'd bought with their badly needed money.

I simply cannot believe for one minute that Cindy just shrugged the matter of the $4,000 theft off and let it drop. For one thing, she and George couldn't afford to do that, no matter how browbeaten they were by Casey.

My theory is that Casey handed Cindy some sort of answer and that, whatever it was, Cindy does NOT want it revealed to LE. Maybe Casey told Cindy she stole the money to repay an embezzlement or theft so she wouldn't get arrested? Or maybe she said she blew it on Gambling? Drugs? A loan shark? An abortion and medical complications?

I don't know, and I don't think George knows what explanation Casey gave Cindy, either. The reason I believe all this is because George seemed genuinely forthcoming during his interview with LE when he brought up the theft, but he offered no explanation about what Casey used the money for and he gave no indication of a family blowup over the stolen money. I think Cindy handled the issue with Casey herself and kept him in the dark.

I also thought it was very odd that, during that interview with George, LE never asked the obvious pertinent questions: "What did Casey do with that $4,000? Was there a fight between Casey and Cindy when you discovered the theft?" Etc. I wonder if LE has or had learned these answers.

Cindy's silence on this entire subject reminds me a lot of her attitude about the delightful afternoon and evening of June 15th which she publicly claims included nothing more than a lovely family swim and ended with her tucking her girls into bed. (An attempted strangulation of Casey and loud screaming battle heard by the neighbors, nothwithstanding.)

IM not so sure about that because she took 4000 alone when she stole and forged the deposit slip .

I remember George telling this story and it was that the $4000 was money KC was supposed to be paying Cindy back that she had finally gotten from her 'job' at Universal. Something about payroll screwing things up and KC was to pay Cindy back when they got it straight.

So KC forged the deposit slip and showed it to Cindy to show she had made the deposit. It wasn't until Cindy's account started bouncing checks (because she thought she had 4K in there that she didn't) that they realized the deposit slip was fake.

Then that's when KC made up the story about being robbed at gunpoint to account for the money.

I don't have a link to this though. I will try to find one.

Sundance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back