Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall seeing a property form for items collected on 12/20? I'm not finding it but will keep looking if someone remembers it.

Yeah I've been searching too. I cant see the journal listed on any of the property forms, but I probably just missed it with so much to take in. I'm really curious about when they collected it. Am gonna do a re-read tonight, so I'll let you know if I find it.

ETA: here ya go. not the written pf, but this is easier to read.
dec20swlog.png

dec20sw.png

dec20swlog3511.png

dec20swlog3512.png

I wonder if KC was looking for daycare for Caylee? If KC recently found out the cost it might have been very discouraging. It may be an element of motive. Below is the info that matches the phone number on the sign found in the wooded area. I wonder if KC recently contacted this Kindercare?

Kindercare Learning Center
6537 Vista Park Blvd
Orlando, FL 32829
407-275-0396

Where Lifetime Learning Begins
KinderCare Early Education, Day Care, Child Care Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, Infant Care, Before/After School, Summer Programs. Enrichment Programs Offered: Math, Spanish, Phonics, Music, Active., KinderCare Learning Centers, Knowledge Beginnings, Early Foundation Infants, Toddlers, Discovery Preschool, Catch The Wave School Age Programs, Learning Adventures Enrichment Programs

Yeah I've been searching too. I cant see the journal listed on any of the property forms, but I probably just missed it with so much to take in. I'm really curious about when they collected it. Am gonna do a re-read tonight, so I'll let you know if I find it.

ETA: here ya go. not the written pf, but this is easier to read.
dec20swlog.png

dec20sw.png

dec20swlog3511.png

dec20swlog3512.png

Thanks for digging that up. My impression of OCSO is that they are not some hick department that doesn't know what their doing. I would say that if it isn't on the property lists then they didn't collect it, which means that they were certain that it really had nothing to do with the case.

I mean, what if the next 3 pages after June 21 were KC talking about who took her to the Junior Prom or what classes she was going to take in her Senior year of HS. That would pretty much put it into context. If it ain't on the list they didn't take it, if they didn't take it, it wasn't evidence, if it wasn't evidence it wasn't about KC murdering Caylee. Wishful thinking about a smoking gun but unfortunately no dice.

I wonder if KC was looking for daycare for Caylee? If KC recently found out the cost it might have been very discouraging. It may be an element of motive. Below is the info that matches the phone number on the sign found in the wooded area. I wonder if KC recently contacted this Kindercare?
(snip)

Just a thought.

It's not absolutely necessary to fit every item we find out about into a part of the plot.

Maybe the sign just blew there in the wind?

Thanks for digging that up. My impression of OCSO is that they are not some hick department that doesn't know what their doing. I would say that if it isn't on the property lists then they didn't collect it, which means that they were certain that it really had nothing to do with the case.

I mean, what if the next 3 pages after June 21 were KC talking about who took her to the Junior Prom or what classes she was going to take in her Senior year of HS. That would pretty much put it into context. If it ain't on the list they didn't take it, if they didn't take it, it wasn't evidence, if it wasn't evidence it wasn't about KC murdering Caylee. Wishful thinking about a smoking gun but unfortunately no dice.
(bold above by me)

I would really, honestly like to agree with this. But I can't.

It could also mean that it's on a list we haven't seen yet.

Please prove me wrong. Find me the list that shows the piece of duct tape that was over Caylee's mouth.

NM, found the handwritten one. The pink scrapbook page listed, does anyone remember what that was? TIA

Here ya go again....

dorascpage.png

scrapbookingheartsweetie.png

This must be the one because it was photographed along with the other listed items seized that day, and it states that it was a dora page on the back.

ECS 5298 - They must have seen some value in the journal to photograph it and include it in the evidence. If the following pages are about her latest crush at school, then I have to wonder why they slipped it in there at all, unless they wanted to make it look like it was written in 08 like so many media outlets are reporting. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
JMO

Well considering all the other stuff that is LEFT in that has no relevance :rolleyes:

SEriously Crime Scene people take photos Of EVERYTHING that has any sort of look of *anyting* that might be to do with the case..

The media gets to SELL More pages this way, after all look at the SUGGESTION That it was Caylees book and the frenzy That whipped up

:blush: im still embarrassed over that !

Now in regards to that Dora page is that a premade over there or Casey did it ? ;) lol Id love that page for my daughter !

Here ya go again....

dorascpage.png

scrapbookingheartsweetie.png

This must be the one because it was photographed along with the other listed items seized that day, and it states that it was a dora page on the back.

ECS 5298 - They must have seen some value in the journal to photograph it and include it in the evidence. If the following pages are about her latest crush at school, then I have to wonder why they slipped it in there at all, unless they wanted to make it look like it was written in 08 like so many media outlets are reporting. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
JMO

I will be happy when the ink dating comes back!!! Even if we do not hear about it until trial!

Well considering all the other stuff that is LEFT in that has no relevance :rolleyes:

SEriously Crime Scene people take photos Of EVERYTHING that has any sort of look of *anyting* that might be to do with the case..

The media gets to SELL More pages this way, after all look at the SUGGESTION That it was Caylees book and the frenzy That whipped up

:blush: im still embarrassed over that !
(snip)
(bold above by me)

You don't have to be too embarrassed. The post that started the Book thread had a link to an article with a photo caption that stated unequivocally that LE said they found a book. Maybe even THE book. I'd have to go back and refresh my memory.

You just let your guard down for a second. Is there a print equivalent to "I saw his lips move."?

(snip)
(bold above by me)

You don't have to be too embarrassed. The post that started the Book thread had a link to an article with a photo caption that stated unequivocally that LE said they found a book. Maybe even THE book. I'd have to go back and refresh my memory.

You just let your guard down for a second. Is there a print equivalent to "I saw his lips move."?

Yes but I saw *caylee* on the cover! a photo ! and another photo of a man in 40's garb although others thought it was a child standing on a chair !

LOL

Trust me I AM Embarrassed !

Yes but I saw *caylee* on the cover! a photo ! and another photo of a man in 40's garb although others thought it was a child standing on a chair !

LOL

Trust me I AM Embarrassed !
Oh dear.

Maybe you should sit down and have a nice cup of tea...?

Comparisons by Indigo:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3337292&postcount=701

Here are just a few eerie similarities:
Casey's Diary of Days: "Tomorrow is a brand new day."
Diary entry-" Every day is a brand new beginning."

Diary entry: "I have no regrets..."
Casey's photobucket: "Regret nothing, deny everything"
http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...ons/th3768.png
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3340392&postcount=867
Line by line by lin:
DoD: On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Journal: I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay.

DoD: Trust no one, only yourself.
Journal: I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision.

DoD: With great power, comes great consequence.
Journal: I just hope that the end justifies the means.

DoD: What is given can be taken away.
Journal: I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.

DoD: Everyone Lies. Everyone Dies.

Journal: This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow. I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people. I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Some interesting pairings, but of those that are similar some are IMO not really eerie -- they are similar because they're clichés
(like Casey's Diary of Days: "Tomorrow is a brand new day."
"Diary entry- " Every day is a brand new beginning."

and / or because they're written by the same person, who despite having had a child had not grown up that much from age 17-22. So I don't find it odd that she may have had thoughts along the same lines of those she had 5 years before. And some of those thoughts are pretty common to many people --like hoping for happiness but fearing it won't last.
(Casey's diary entry:"I am finally happy. Let’s just hope that it doesn’t change."
Casey's photobucket:"I'm not afraid of happy endings. I'm just afraid my life won't work that way."
)

Then there's:

This pairing may seem the most relevant. But I see no real reason to assume these lines are about the same subject. Casey strikes me as someone who has gone through life assuring herself that she should have no regrets for whatever she has done. So I don't find it at all unusual that she would write lines like this at different times, about different unregretted acts.

Of your line by line comparison between DoD and the journal entry, the closest pair is:
Journal: I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision.

But again, this "trust only myself" attitude strikes me as being part of Casey's personality for some time. She didn't trust anyone with the truth -- she lied outrageously to family, close friends and boyfriends. And this did not start in 2008 -- she'd been lying to all of them about her "job" for a few years now, and I would bet she was a liar in high school too. Sociopaths are not trusting people. I think they themselves are so manipulative and dishonest that this is how they see the world. So just because she wrote at two different times about trusting herself does not necessarily mean that it's from the same summer or regarding the same thing.

Most of the pairings of the lines of the DoD and journal entry seem more tangentially related if at all. Yes, a consequence is like an end. But I'm not sure of a connection between "on the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken" and "I have no regrets" I think it was someone else who said the journal entry was like a draft of the DoD, and, respectfully, I just can't see that in it at all!

Does anyone recall seeing a property form for items collected on 12/20? I'm not finding it but will keep looking if someone remembers it.

Yes...it is evidence page (the hand-written page number in the bottom right corner) #3656 and #3657.

I have a strong suspicion that the diary in question was not from 2003, but was in fact brand-spanking new. It was bought on or after June 16, 2008 and was in KC's possession while at Tony's. It was taken to the Anthony's along with all of KC's other belongings when Lee collected them from Tony.
..............(snip)......
Notice that there is no specific date on that left-facing page, just a year abbreviation. The right page has a specific day and month, but no year. I am beginning to think, looking at that left page, that the '03 has nothing to do with the current year.

I believe the "03" is recent, and is a "class of '03" reference and not a reference to the current year. My speculation is that KC was flipping through high-school yearbooks reminiscing about her life before Caylee and how she was now back to that life, and ran across the phrases "Everyday is a brand new beginning" and "Carpe Diem - Sieze the day" in her or Tony's 2003 high school yearbook. :eek:

These would likely have come from one of two sources:

• 2003 senior class motto
  • Something a friend wrote in her yearbook when signing it (I think now this is more likely)
KC sees this, squeals to herself "this is exactly how I feel", and writes it into her journal with a little '03 notation in the top corner so that she remembers which yearbook inspired her.
Then, she goes to the right page and spills her feelings about how things have gone full-circle for her.
So if there are any sleuthers out there planning to go to a Target, Wal-Mart, the mall, a Hallmark, Barne's and Noble, etc. this weekend...check out the diary's and journals to see if maybe, just maybe, KC's is still on the shelves.

Problem with theory about the '03: Wasn't Casey supposed to be from the Class of '04? Some kids do get into writing their own class year on things but they don't usually write other class years on their possessions.

It does appear to me there is some slight wear at the edge of the book. It's not much. But in any case it seems to me just as likely that this was a book bought in 2003 when she had made whatever decision that she was hoping would turn out well (as someone else suggested, perhaps it was about losing her virginity, and she was hoping that the end - getting or keeping the guy - would justify the means), she was seeing this summer vacation as a new beginning and she was eager to commit her feelings to paper....but maybe she just never kept up with writing in it more and it sat in the drawer or a storage box for 5 years and that's why it's not beat up like a journal that had been used regularly. (BTW do we KNOW it was in a drawer -- I keep seeing people say that but where does that come from?)

Oh well, they can easily find out if this book that was only available for sale later than the summer of 2007. Will be interesting to see if anyone does find a copy of it and can look up the bar code.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You sure have a combination of analysis and vivid imagination in your posts! ;) (LOL at your scenario of Casey "squealing" )

This is just my opinion, of course, but....... If there are other entries after the one titled "June 21", that may lead credence to whether this one was written in '03 or '08. For example, if, in the following pages, she mentions TonE, AH, Fusion, etc., this would have led LE to know that the "June 21" entry was from '08. If the following pages talked about school, any of her previous group of friends from High School, what she will do when she graduates, then LE would have to assume that the entry was from '03. If ANY entry in that journal mentions Caylee, which I doubt, but still, it would definately indicate a post '03 entry, as Caylee was born in '05. Having said all of that, I feel confident that LE has seen more than just the page we are seeing, and there is a reason that it is photographed and taken into evidence. I don't believe they would have done this if there were clear indications later in the journal that showed an earlier writing. As always, JMO.

Some interesting pairings, but of those that are similar some are IMO not really eerie -- they are similar because they're clichés
(like Casey's Diary of Days: "Tomorrow is a brand new day."
"Diary entry- " Every day is a brand new beginning."

and / or because they're written by the same person, who despite having had a child had not grown up that much from age 17-22. So I don't find it odd that she may have had thoughts along the same lines of those she had 5 years before. And some of those thoughts are pretty common to many people --like hoping for happiness but fearing it won't last.
(Casey's diary entry:"I am finally happy. Let’s just hope that it doesn’t change."
Casey's photobucket:"I'm not afraid of happy endings. I'm just afraid my life won't work that way."
)

Then there's:

This pairing may seem the most relevant. But I see no real reason to assume these lines are about the same subject. Casey strikes me as someone who has gone through life assuring herself that she should have no regrets for whatever she has done. So I don't find it at all unusual that she would write lines like this at different times, about different unregretted acts.

Of your line by line comparison between DoD and the journal entry, the closest pair is:

But again, this "trust only myself" attitude strikes me as being part of Casey's personality for some time. She didn't trust anyone with the truth -- she lied outrageously to family, close friends and boyfriends. And this did not start in 2008 -- she'd been lying to all of them about her "job" for a few years now, and I would bet she was a liar in high school too. Sociopaths are not trusting people. I think they themselves are so manipulative and dishonest that this is how they see the world. So just because she wrote at two different times about trusting herself does not necessarily mean that it's from the same summer or regarding the same thing.

Most of the pairings of the lines of the DoD and journal entry seem more tangentially related if at all. Yes, a consequence is like an end. But I'm not sure of a connection between "on the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken" and "I have no regrets" I think it was someone else who said the journal entry was like a draft of the DoD, and, respectfully, I just can't see that in it at all!

To me, Casey's state of mind from the time Caylee went missing compared to the found diary entry seems to be sympatico. If they are cliches, then they are similar cliches. I can think of 100 cliches that are contrary to any of these...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member